Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: David Cassidy

Hey Shaunie, Won't You Come Out Tonight....

Quote Originally Posted by Queen_Death_Hag View Post
    OMG Mamma I had that poster on my wall as a teen.***Swooooooon***the memories
    Confession: When Shaun was huge, I was a little old for the teen idol thing (about 16) but as I was kinda young when David was big, I totally indulged in my love for Shaun....I saw him twice in concert, covered every single inch of my bedroom with Shaun posters, and this one was one of my special faves (it is the "Born Late" cover--great album BTW--wish they would re-release this one and "Under Wraps")....

I always thought Shaun looked like a male version of Shirley....whaddya think????

Just For Pun

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Was that "David Cassidy: Man Undercover"? (Fab title huh)
    I wish he had been under my covers--if you know what I mean

Back when the Partridge Family was huge, my best friend's sister was in love with David Cassidy, so to torment her we would tear his pictures out of her teen mags, put them on his dartboard and fill his picture with tiny holes.

How about the dreamiest song David ever did? I vote "Cherish".....oh god, the incredible preteen emotions that used to stir in me....

Yummy

How about the dreamiest song David ever did? I vote "Cherish".....oh god, the incredible preteen emotions that used to stir in me....
    I LOVE "Cherish"....one of my favorite David songs!!!!!! Much better than the crappy version put out by the Association in the 70's.....

I also liked "I'll Meet You Halfway". Just for the sheer determination of it all.

Guess What

Quote Originally Posted by don't_axe_me View Post
    I also liked "I'll Meet You Halfway". Just for the sheer determination of it all.
    A Top 10 hit in 1971....and he still sings it in concert, complete with a foot stomp that he does at the same time every *single* time....

It is actually one of of David's favorite PF tunes....

He has great taste!

Giggle

He has great taste!
    And is good with wine also....

He is very good in concert....I have two concert DVD's and of course I saw him in September 2000, and he does seem to really enjoy his fans.....

don't_axe_me, were you a fan???

I was actually in the Bobby Sherman camp. I always went against the grain. You know hated Fleetwood Mac in high school when everyone else was listening to Rumours. My little sister was a Shaunophile early on, then switced to Rick Springfield. But I did/do enjoy the PF music, and had a couple of their albums. Do you remember the trading cards that came with gum, just like baseball cards? Some were scenes from the show, and some had song lyrics printed on them. Oh I wish I had kept mine. I had 100s of them!

Oh Yes....

I was actually in the Bobby Sherman camp. I always went against the grain. You know hated Fleetwood Mac in high school when everyone else was listening to Rumours. My little sister was a Shaunophile early on, then switced to Rick Springfield. But I did/do enjoy the PF music, and had a couple of their albums. Do you remember the trading cards that came with gum, just like baseball cards? Some were scenes from the show, and some had song lyrics printed on them. Oh I wish I had kept mine. I had 100s of them!
    I didn't collect them "back in the day" but a friend of mine gave me a few that he found-they are very collectable!!!

I liked Bobby Sherman ("Julie Do You Love Me?" was awesome!!!) and you did know he was on "The Partridge Family" as a songwriter, right?? He had a spin-off from that role called "Gettin' It Together"--it only lasted less than a season, but I do recall being tickled to see David and Bobby on TV!!!! Bobby is now an EMT I believe....

Yes, that's on my Ipod also. "Will there come a daaay...." Oh, he sounds so damn good. It was the backup voices that sounded so cheesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    I didn't collect them "back in the day" but a friend of mine gave me a few that he found-they are very collectable!!!

I liked Bobby Sherman ("Julie Do You Love Me?" was awesome!!!) and you did know he was on "The Partridge Family" as a songwriter, right?? He had a spin-off from that role called "Gettin' It Together"--it only lasted less than a season, but I do recall being tickled to see David and Bobby on TV!!!! Bobby is now an EMT I believe....
    Yes, that was a HUGE summit of the idols, although Bobby was definitely on the downswing at that point.
    I couldn't go for Bobby, he seemed too old. He, like Davy Jones, was secretly married during his teen idol days.

Here's a sad story. Thanks to a "connection" I had an opportunity to meet him not long ago. Was all set to go where he was going to be. Would have had probably a nice little piece of face time. But then my son got sick, so I had to stay home with him.
    You know what? I had only the tiniest pang of regret. My son is my handsome "teen" idol now. Guess i've grown up.
    But I still hope for another opportunity....
    I did get his autograph once, as he was coming out of the theater where he was in
    "Joseph and the amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat." It was quick, I don't remember much.

Awesome!!

Here's a sad story. Thanks to a "connection" I had an opportunity to meet him not long ago. Was all set to go where he was going to be. Would have had probably a nice little piece of face time. But then my son got sick, so I had to stay home with him.
    You know what? I had only the tiniest pang of regret. My son is my handsome "teen" idol now. Guess i've grown up.
    But I still hope for another opportunity....
    I did get his autograph once, as he was coming out of the theater where he was in
    "Joseph and the amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat." It was quick, I don't remember much.
    You are a good mother!!!

I would love to meet David.....especially after being a fan for so long....I wonder what I would say???

After starting this thread, it has brought back so many fond memories.....my best friend in elementry and junior high, of us listening to "Notebook" over and over and pouring over Tiger Beats and 16 mags, and of analyzing every single episode of "PF", and all the family memories surrounding my David fan-ness--Christmas 1971 listening to "Sound Magazine" at 5AM.....

I have a HUGE Tupperware container that holds a lot of my DC/PF memorabilia and I looked thru it this afternoon--I had forgotten some of the items!!! Little replicas of the PF bus, the PF game, both Thermoses (plastic and metal), a David lunchbox and a PF lunchbox, sheet music, Rolling Stone mag, books, comic books, cassettes, Shirley Jones' autograph, articles, a David "autographed" picture (I bought it off evilbay, so I really don't know if it real--I just liked it for the great photo), CD's, vinyl albums, single covers....it is always amazing to me how much stuff I have!!!!

Re-reading all this, I have a question: does this make me weird???

David rocked my world!! I LOVE DAVID CASSIDY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    David rocked my world!! I LOVE DAVID CASSIDY!!
    Welcome to the club, doll!!! Pull up a bean bag and spill your guts!!!

You are a good mother!!!

I would love to meet David.....especially after being a fan for so long....I wonder what I would say???

After starting this thread, it has brought back so many fond memories.....my best friend in elementry and junior high, of us listening to "Notebook" over and over and pouring over Tiger Beats and 16 mags, and of analyzing every single episode of "PF", and all the family memories surrounding my David fan-ness--Christmas 1971 listening to "Sound Magazine" at 5AM.....

I have a HUGE Tupperware container that holds a lot of my DC/PF memorabilia and I looked thru it this afternoon--I had forgotten some of the items!!! Little replicas of the PF bus, the PF game, both Thermoses (plastic and metal), a David lunchbox and a PF lunchbox, sheet music, Rolling Stone mag, books, comic books, cassettes, Shirley Jones' autograph, articles, a David "autographed" picture (I bought it off evilbay, so I really don't know if it real--I just liked it for the great photo), CD's, vinyl albums, single covers....it is always amazing to me how much stuff I have!!!!

Re-reading all this, I have a question: does this make me weird???
    No, you're just LOVESTRUCK by the POWER of DAVID!

I never had all that stuff, it was all about the magazines for me. Just staring at pictures and fantasizing.

Also, I shared my feelings with no-one! It was considered most uncool in my sixth grade, I would have been ridiculed. I kept it well hidden.

I've often thought about what I'd say to him today. Probably couldnt come up with a damn thing he hasn't heard 50 billion times from 50 billion women. Probably he'd enjoy talking about horses (btw, remember that other brief marriage he had?), but I know nothing about those.

Any pix out there of Beau?

I never had all that stuff, it was all about the magazines for me. Just staring at pictures and fantasizing.

Also, I shared my feelings with no-one! It was considered most uncool in my sixth grade, I would have been ridiculed. I kept it well hidden.

I've often thought about what I'd say to him today. Probably couldnt come up with a damn thing he hasn't heard 50 billion times from 50 billion women. Probably he'd enjoy talking about horses (btw, remember that other brief marriage he had?), but I know nothing about those.

POWER OF DAVID LOL OMG i SO know what you are talking about
    :swoons to the 70's image and ermm... not so much the 2008 image lol:
    HOWEVER, i would be with him in a heartbeat no matta what!

Beau Cassidy

David raises and races horses now....a big passion for him!!!

Here is a pic of him, his wife Sue Shifrin-Cassidy and son Beau from his website:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can we tip our hats to Susan Dey here too? I had kind of a girl crush on her. Oddly, I was never jealous of her proximity to David. (After reading his book, I guess I was picking up the correct unromantic vibes between them) She was so beautiful. But she did damn near make me anorexic (which she of course was). I remember reading she was 5"7 and 105 pounds...then 92 pounds...I remember thinking that must be the ideal....started "dieting" at the age of 11 to be like her. Didn't last long, as I hated vegetables and all those things she professed to love. But boy, looking at those old episodes was she ever a skeleton. Who knew?

Good looking kid, He's got the Cassidy strong brow and big smile!

Power Of David!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    POWER OF DAVID LOL OMG i SO know what you are talking about
    :swoons to the 70's image and ermm... not so much the 2008 image lol:
    HOWEVER, i would be with him in a heartbeat no matta what!
    The Power Of David!!! I love it!!!

I have to admit, I am so in love with the 70's David that, like a married woman, I look at the 2008 version and still see David circa 1972....he is so *yummy*!!!!!!!

Glad to know there are more David fans out there.....I was starting to feel all alone in the world, and you all have made me feel happy to be me--thank you!!!! And to think I was hesitant to post this thread.....*hugs*

Wonder If....

Good looking kid, He's got the Cassidy strong brow and big smile!
    Wonder if he has the big......

feet????

Can we tip our hats to Susan Dey here too? I had kind of a girl crush on her. Oddly, I was never jealous of her proximity to David. (After reading his book, I guess I was picking up the correct unromantic vibes between them) She was so beautiful. But she did damn near make me anorexic (which she of course was). I remember reading she was 5"7 and 105 pounds...then 92 pounds...I remember thinking that must be the ideal....started "dieting" at the age of 11 to be like her. Didn't last long, as I hated vegetables and all those things she professed to love. But boy, looking at those old episodes was she ever a skeleton. Who knew?
    Good post! Susan was indeed beautiful in my eyes, I always wanted to be like here during the PF runs.. and though I have not thought about it before, your post makes me think.. if I recall she was quite thin and I believe an EO was in play..

Great post. thank you!!

Carrots...

Carrots were Susan's veggie of choice, and Danny has famously said she started turning orange from eating them so much....I always said if God had wanted me to eat veggies and not red meat, He would have made me a bunny

Anorexia was not even a word in the early 70's....not until Karen Carpenter was it even muttered, but I am sure many stars had variations on anorexia/bulemia.....Twiggy especially comes to mind.....

But back to David & Susan, I felt in his autobiography he was almost smug in his perception that Susan loved him in "that way" (and Shirley told him it was so) But his um, blow by blow description of their one romantic night together, although somewhat vague, made me very uneasy and embarassed for her.

The Power Of David!!! I love it!!!

I have to admit, I am so in love with the 70's David that, like a married woman, I look at the 2008 version and still see David circa 1972....he is so *yummy*!!!!!!!

Glad to know there are more David fans out there.....I was starting to feel all alone in the world, and you all have made me feel happy to be me--thank you!!!! And to think I was hesitant to post this thread.....*hugs*
    What's also heartening is looking at the old episodes and thinking, "DAMN! He really holds up!" The camera loved him, and he had incredible charisma and a voice that was always much better than his material.

So I am out of the closet now and unashamed!!! But it is great to swap stories with likeminded David Hags.

David Hag

What's also heartening is looking at the old episodes and thinking, "DAMN! He really holds up!" The camera loved him, and he had incredible charisma and a voice that was always much better than his material.

So I am out of the closet now and unashamed!!! But it is great to swap stories with likeminded David Hags.
    Thanks for the new title....."Hi, I am Elizabeth, and I am a David Hag!!!!"

BTW I bought his unofficial calendar off amazon.uk this week--the far-out-ness oozes from every page!!!!

Sigh....have to go back to real life and make sloppy joes now....will check in later for more David Dreaming....

Carrots were Susan's veggie of choice, and Danny has famously said she started turning orange from eating them so much....I always said if God had wanted me to eat veggies and not red meat, He would have made me a bunny

Anorexia was not even a word in the early 70's....not until Karen Carpenter was it even muttered, but I am sure many stars had variations on anorexia/bulemia.....Twiggy especially comes to mind.....

But back to David & Susan, I felt in his autobiography he was almost smug in his perception that Susan loved him in "that way" (and Shirley told him it was so) But his um, blow by blow description of their one romantic night together, although somewhat vague, made me very uneasy and embarassed for her.
    Oh yeah, I read it too but must have blocked it out....there were physical difficulties, right? Poor Susan, I imagine she had her issues and that must have been a tough rejection.

For Noelle....

Enjoy these pics of David and Susan....they show how really close they were....

David & Shirl

And a couple of David and his stepmother, Academy Award winning actress Shirley Jones.....

I can't stay away. Oh, what gorgeous pictures. I;ve always been impressed by the warm relationship between David and Shirley. Says volumes about both of them.

Here's a great picture of David and his son Beau.

Love this photo of David and Danny!

ok, it must be my birthday or Christmas! I just found a site that sells copies of David Cassidy: Man Undercover. I've ordered my copy! He has some other hard to find stuff, so when I get my dvd's if the quality is good, I'll be ordering other shows. Check it out:

http://www.musthavefilms.com/Television/one.htm

Wow! Fascinating site. I'd forgotten there was a "Bill and Ted" TV show.

Also, why is "Courtship of Eddie's Father" never shown on TV? I am so damn sick of Leave it to Beaver on TVLand, for chrissake, mix it up! But wow, Man Undercover!

Quote Originally Posted by Martini View Post
    ok, it must be my birthday or Christmas! I just found a site that sells copies of David Cassidy: Man Undercover. I've ordered my copy! He has some other hard to find stuff, so when I get my dvd's if the quality is good, I'll be ordering other shows. Check it out:

This is a GREAT site!
    Defunct the strings, Of cemetery things
    With one flat foot.....On the devil's wing

This is the only thing I could find on him.

Update, 11/99: Rick is a minister at Church on the Way in San Antonio, Texas. He and his wife now have two daughters.
    Thank you for looking that up Martini.
    Defunct the strings, Of cemetery things
    With one flat foot.....On the devil's wing

You're welcome Zombiegirl!

Thanks, Doll!!

I bookmarked this so I can order it after the post-holiday money crunch subsides....thanks, Martini!!! This was a *great* show, as I recall, and David is awesome in it!!!

Thanks again!!

David As Dan Shay

Pic of David as Dan Shay....*sigh*

More, More, More

Some more David pics and a famous logo.....

Collectible Stuff I Own

Here is some of my stuff (pics found online).....

1&2--Where Are 3&4???????????

Here are the DVD's you really must buy if you are a David fan.....

And These....

Oh, and these are good too....

Must step away from computer now.....let me know what you think....

Oh, you bet I have the PF DVDS. Love em!

As good as he does look for pushing 60, I think I want to keep David young in my fantasy though, so no current stuff for me. ;-)

Finally found a picture of the brothers!

FYI....

David Cassidy will be on Oprah on February 12....they are taping on Tuesday this week, and it will be airing on February 12.....I have tried for two weeks to win the title of The Ultimate David Cassidy Fan by e-mailing Oprah's peeps so I could be on with David, but I have had no luck, and thus will just have to watch it on TV....rats....

On the upside, I have sent away to davidcassidy.com for an autographed photo, but haven't received it yet.....when I do I am going to the tattoo parlor and have it inked right above my little red partridge tat.....

David Cassidy will be on Oprah on February 12....they are taping on Tuesday this week, and it will be airing on February 12.....I have tried for two weeks to win the title of The Ultimate David Cassidy Fan by e-mailing Oprah's peeps so I could be on with David, but I have had no luck, and thus will just have to watch it on TV....rats....

On the upside, I have sent away to davidcassidy.com for an autographed photo, but haven't received it yet.....when I do I am going to the tattoo parlor and have it inked right above my little red partridge tat.....

I'll be watching Oprah that day!

I'm also waiting for my autographed picture, glad to hear you're still waiting for yours too!