Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: David Cassidy

Thanks, Martini!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Martini View Post
    I'll be watching Oprah that day!

I'm also waiting for my autographed picture, glad to hear you're still waiting for yours too!
    Yeah, I have e-mailed the webmaster and have heard nothing back....I was getting concerned but now that you have said that, I can breathe

When I got David's autograph years ago, it was thrilling to see it looked just like it did on all the posters in 16. You gals know what I mean!

Eureka!

I got an e-mail from the webmaster at davidcassidy.com regarding my check for my autographed photo, and basically it may take 6-8 weeks to get it (which is fine with me, as long as I still get mine)....as soon as I get it, I am off to the tattoo parlor!!!!

And of course, Noelle, I know exactly what you mean.....us David Hags have that connection!!!

ok, it must be my birthday or Christmas! I just found a site that sells copies of David Cassidy: Man Undercover. I've ordered my copy! He has some other hard to find stuff, so when I get my dvd's if the quality is good, I'll be ordering other shows. Check it out:

http://www.musthavefilms.com/Television/one.htm
    I'm wondering if you ordered from this site and if so how things turned out.There are a couple of DVDs I'd like to order from them.

Quote Originally Posted by john4521 View Post
    I'm wondering if you ordered from this site and if so how things turned out.There are a couple of DVDs I'd like to order from them.
    I've placed the order, but haven't received anything yet. When I do, I'll post and let you know the quality. I'd like to order some more stuff off of there as well.

Ok, so I decided to pull out my DVD's and watch some episodes of the show. One of my favorites is "Waiting for Bolero" episode 17 from season 2, where Keith moves out of the house and into a room of the neighbours house. Anyway, I got to the last scene of the show and OH MY GOD!!!, I now know why David's brothers call him "Donk". How did I not see this before?!! Let me tell you, I have a whole new way to watch the show!

Just thought I'd share this with you ladies! Enjoy!!!

Ahhhhhh....

Ok, so I decided to pull out my DVD's and watch some episodes of the show. One of my favorites is "Waiting for Bolero" episode 17 from season 2, where Keith moves out of the house and into a room of the neighbours house. Anyway, I got to the last scene of the show and OH MY GOD!!!, I now know why David's brothers call him "Donk". How did I not see this before?!! Let me tell you, I have a whole new way to watch the show!

Just thought I'd share this with you ladies! Enjoy!!!
    "The Joys Of Donk"-sounds like a great title of a book to me!!!! I will be watching that epi again sometime this week so I can see exactly what you see....for clarification purposes only, I assure you, I will try not to lick my TV screen

I also love "Dora, Dora, Dora", where Keith is tone-deaf regarding a girl he has a crush on.....highlights are when Shirley tries to tell him the Facts Of Life, and of course "I Woke Up In Love This Morning" is one of my all-times favorite PF songs (along with "Summer Days" of course).....

And where are seasons 3 & 4, I ask you???

I Trust Your Judgement

I've placed the order, but haven't received anything yet. When I do, I'll post and let you know the quality. I'd like to order some more stuff off of there as well.
    I will wait until you let us know re: the quality....I am planning on ordering "David Cassidy: Man Undercover" (of course!) if it is good if you say so.....

Ooo, will look for donk.

But wait, is the Dora episode in Seasons 1 and 2? I do vaguely remember it.....being very JEALOUS is what I chiefly remember....

And where are seasons 3 & 4, I ask you??? [/quote]

I know, I'm so waiting for them! Why did Brady Bunch get released so fast and not all the Partridge Family seasons? Not fair!

Un-be-liev-able

And where are seasons 3 & 4, I ask you???
    I know, I'm so waiting for them! Why did Brady Bunch get released so fast and not all the Partridge Family seasons? Not fair!

[/quote]

I have no idea--I hate those damn Bradys!!!!! I think it is a subversive plot against the Partridge Family myself....the PF is way cooler than the Bunch!!!!

Dos

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Ooo, will look for donk.

But wait, is the Dora episode in Seasons 1 and 2? I do vaguely remember it.....being very JEALOUS is what I chiefly remember....
    The first epi of season 2, I believe....his hair was longer, and he looked so damn humpy (I mean yummy--Freudian slip)

Somebody answer my Dora question....I need to know!!

Oops, JINX! How did I miss it? Gotta check that out...

Oh, WAIT!!!!! The girl who couldnt SING!!!!

But there was another episode that made me blind with jealousy....a dark-haired girl perhaps?

I remember David Cassidy's unisex haircut....he was really pretty back then. Prettier than Susan Day.

Are we now gonna make a list of each episodes with "Donk" sightings! When he's wearing light coloured pants it's easier!

Ooo, will look for donk.

Season 2 episode 1

*Steps into thread..removes dark glasses and baseball cap...* Yes I too was not immune to the power of David..and I also thought Susan was waaay too thin! LOL
    Zombie kitteh is Hungry!!

Martini, I am so happy to see a Patches Pal in here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanDeathHag View Post
    Martini, I am so happy to see a Patches Pal in here!!!
    I'd rather be a Patches Pal than a Boris Buddy!

Welcome Snoopy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    *Steps into thread..removes dark glasses and baseball cap...* Yes I too was not immune to the power of David..and I also thought Susan was waaay too thin! LOL
    Welcome, Snoopy!! How do you love David--let us count the ways???

Elizabeth, did you enter the smile contest? That was the biggest thing EVER!

I was also very jealous of Judy Strangis, who would go out with David from time to time. I was not aware how in love he was with Meredith Baxter.
    Just for you Noelle!

Meredith Baxter (Birney)

Oh, WAIT!!!!! The girl who couldnt SING!!!!

But there was another episode that made me blind with jealousy....a dark-haired girl perhaps?
    "Where Do Mermaids Go?" episode 39, second season, where a dark headed Meredith Baxter (later Birney) who plays a rich girl who gives the Partridges a million dollars.....is that who you are thinking about?

As an aside, David actually "fell in love" (his words) with her, but lost her to David Birney, who was starring with her right across the lot at their own TV show "Bridget Loves Bernie". Apparently she didn't get to see David Cassidy that much and felt neglected--remember this was the height of PF mania.....
    Last edited by Elizabeth; 02-03-2008 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Clarifying *Which* David

Oh, I remember the Meredith episode....not that one....something to do with women's lib?

Oh my God, I'm so happy to find this video. I never thought I would see him sing this song live! Man, he has still got it. I'm tingling all over!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DGzhqjX889s

That Was.....

Oh, I remember the Meredith episode....not that one....something to do with women's lib?
    "My Son, The Feminist" episode 12, season 1, where Keith falls in love with a girl who is in Power Of Women (POW)...this season is memorable because it is the first time they sing "I Think I Love You"....

And the girl, Tina, is dark-headed....

Oh, My

Oh my God, I'm so happy to find this video. I never thought I would see him sing this song live! Man, he has still got it. I'm tingling all over!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DGzhqjX889s
    Thanks, Martini, for posting this!!!! One of my favorite Tony Romeo (who wrote "I Think I Love You" and "Summer Days") compilations.....and it sounds wonderful after all these years!!!!

I have been known to pull out my "Partridge Family Christmas Card" all winter long, just to listen to it when the show is falling....

"Hi, I am Elizabeth and I am addicted to David Cassidy....."

All David all the time! I could live with that!

Smiles

All David all the time! I could live with that!
    That is my house 24/7....you are welcome here anytime!!!!

When it rains I love "She'd Rather Have The Rain" (one of my faves) or "Rainmaker"....course when it is sunny outside "Sunshine" is good

Martini, what were you trying to post? It didn't come through..... A photo? Of Judy the BEEYOTCH Strangis perhaps?

In retrospect, that has the whiff of PR-arranged date to me....

Martini, what were you trying to post? It didn't come through..... A photo? Of Judy the BEEYOTCH Strangis perhaps?

In retrospect, that has the whiff of PR-arranged date to me....
    Yeah, it's a picture of David and Judy. Apparently, they dated quite a bit for about a year, then she dumped him for Ben Murphy of Alias Smith and Jones. What was wrong with her!!!

The "Donk" makes an appearance! Season 2 episode 10 "Forty Year Itch". Always the cream coloured cords!

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    Welcome, Snoopy!! How do you love David--let us count the ways???
    Oh those eyes! That hair!
    Zombie kitteh is Hungry!!

Judy

Yeah, it's a picture of David and Judy. Apparently, they dated quite a bit for about a year, then she dumped him for Ben Murphy of Alias Smith and Jones. What was wrong with her!!!
    If I remember, Judy was a regular on "Room 222". Cute but not good enough for My David....(and yes I picked a picture of her looking goofy-sue me!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

David & Judy

Here, I found this picture of David & Judy (thanks, Noelle!!!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ok.....been saving post 1,000 for a special thread....what better place than here, home of the David Hags!

And so I ascend to.....Renowned Death Hag!! Wish David were here to give me a congratulatory kiss.

(Oh lord if my real-life friends only knew....I keep my haggery as secret as I did my love for David at age 11, snicker.)

Congrats!

Ok.....been saving post 1,000 for a special thread....what better place than here, home of the David Hags!

And so I ascend to.....Renowned Death Hag!! Wish David were here to give me a congratulatory kiss.

(Oh lord if my real-life friends only knew....I keep my haggery as secret as I did my love for David at age 11, snicker.)
    Congrats on your new title!!!! Now, if only it was also Mrs David Cassidy (especially circa 1972!!!)

"Mrs. David Cassidy"....honestly those words still give me a thrill!

I'm so glad I "saved it" for David.

"Mrs. David Cassidy"....honestly those words still give me a thrill!

I'm so glad I "saved it" for David.
    Who better to give it up to!!!

I think he is a great singer (I am not gay either). I thought his best song was Romance (Let your heart go) and I had a hard time getting hold of a 45 of it. I also thought the way he was shunned by a number of 'celebs' was disgusting - Don Johnson springs to mind.

Donnie Wayne Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    I think he is a great singer (I am not gay either). I thought his best song was Romance (Let your heart go) and I had a hard time getting hold of a 45 of it. I also thought the way he was shunned by a number of 'celebs' was disgusting - Don Johnson springs to mind.
    Hi, Skeletor!!! We never questioned your sexual orientation, my friend, and it really doesn't matter....and BTW I do have a couple straight male PF friends.....so welcome!!!

Don Johnson is a sleaze in my book....he was *cruel* to David (per David's book--I wouldn't buy Don Johnson's, if he wrote one, that is).....

Cant recall, how was Donny cruel to David?

Don Johnson, Diva

Cant recall, how was Donny cruel to David?
    Without re-looking it up (so I am going on my failing memory) David went up to Johnson in the 80's (when of course "Miami Vice" was huge) at a party and Johnson basically blew David off like he had never known him, in front of some people.....nice!!!

Course I am sure Don would say he was on drugs at the time--which of course he probably was....

Awwwww, poor David. From being one of the biggest stars in the world to being blown off by a wannabe. Well, I would say David is much more relevant and well-loved today!

Agreed

Awwwww, poor David. From being one of the biggest stars in the world to being blown off by a wannabe. Well, I would say David is much more relevant and well-loved today!
    Well, of course, doll....after all, we are not Don Hags, or have a Don Johnson Appreciation Thread, now do we????

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    Well, of course, doll....after all, we are not Don Hags, or have a Don Johnson Appreciation Thread, now do we????

Don who?!!

Tee Hee

Don who?!!
    As long as no one said "Don Osmond" I am OK with it....

Ew, Donny was the one who knocked my David off the front pages of Tiger Beat, Fave and 16. He was SO not hot.

Was just blasting "I'll Meet You Halfway" in the car...love when he's all soft at the beginning, then belts it out....SWOOOOOOON.

We know he much preferred hard rock. Wonder what he would have sounded like, had he not done PF but gone in another direction, a different band.

I have to say I always had a little sub-crush on Eddie Van Halen because he had the David hair and cuteness goin on.

Yes, But....

Ew, Donny was the one who knocked my David off the front pages of Tiger Beat, Fave and 16. He was SO not hot.

Was just blasting "I'll Meet You Halfway" in the car...love when he's all soft at the beginning, then belts it out....SWOOOOOOON.

We know he much preferred hard rock. Wonder what he would have sounded like, had he not done PF but gone in another direction, a different band.

I have to say I always had a little sub-crush on Eddie Van Halen because he had the David hair and cuteness goin on.
    David's latest CD's (specifically "Now & Then" and "Touch Of Blue") are so not hard rock though....I wonder if it just because he has gotten older and his tastes have changed, or he has just given up and is now giving us what he thinks *we* want???? Interesting thoughts.....thanks, Noelle, for the ponder....Now I am off to put "Halfway" on my player (love it!!!)

BTW I ordered David's book from Amazon.com--it is now called "Could It Be Forever" instead of "C'mon Get Happy"--it is just an British version and newly updated....will let you all know when I get it and read it if he changed any parts, if you want me to, that is.....

Of course, fill me in darling!

I remember when David came out with his first solo album. I didn't like it. I remember it lacked a rich sound, as if there were only a couple of instruments. also David's voice seem scratchy, and some of the songs were this vaudevillian type stuff. Dont remember much else about it.

In my fantasy, he (or 70s he) goes.....Van Halen!!!