Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: David Cassidy

"Cherish" Reviewed

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Of course, fill me in darling!

I remember when David came out with his first solo album. I didn't like it. I remember it lacked a rich sound, as if there were only a couple of instruments. also David's voice seem scratchy, and some of the songs were this vaudevillian type stuff. Dont remember much else about it.

In my fantasy, he (or 70s he) goes.....Van Halen!!!
    OK, here is my confession: back in 1971 I couldn't bring myself to buy the David Cassidy album "Cherish" (I was *only* a Partridge Family fan, I had convinced myself) and it wasn't until 1975 that I bought "Rock Me Baby" (at a discount price!!!) and really loved that one....so I found "Cherish" and although I think it is good, I have to say I like other albums better......and yeah, I agree with your vaudevillian assessment (especially on "I Am A Clown" and "We Can Never Be Friends").....so who says I can't be objective??

My book from amazon will not arrive until mid-March....I also bought "If I Did It" by OJ (what an odd mix!!!).....so my review will be a while....

And I am also still waiting for my autographed David photo from the Man himself...I am going to get it framed and take it to work for a while to harass my co-workers....

And don't forget, fellow David hags--David on Oprah this Tuesday!!!!

Did you ever hear "Get it Up for Love"? I was so shocked by the title, I couldn;t go near it. That wasn't my David.

And I am also still waiting for my autographed David photo from the Man himself...I am going to get it framed and take it to work for a while to harass my co-workers....

And don't forget, fellow David hags--David on Oprah this Tuesday!!!! [/quote]

I'm still waiting for my photo also, but my dvd "David Cassidy: Man Undercover" is on it's way! Can't wait!

And my VCR is already set for Tuesday!

Yeah

Did you ever hear "Get it Up for Love"? I was so shocked by the title, I couldn;t go near it. That wasn't my David.
    This song is just OK for me.....that it is David makes it better than most other songs, but it is not one of my favorite David songs....

It's Official!!

Quote Originally Posted by Martini View Post

And don't forget, fellow David hags--David on Oprah this Tuesday!!!!
    I'm still waiting for my photo also, but my dvd "David Cassidy: Man Undercover" is on it's way! Can't wait!

And my VCR is already set for Tuesday![/quote]

Tomorrow is officially David Cassidy Day in my neck of the woods...it will be all I play on the CD at work, and then of course there is Oprah!!!!!

Awwwww, poor David. From being one of the biggest stars in the world to being blown off by a wannabe. Well, I would say David is much more relevant and well-loved today!
    I wouldn't exactly call Don Johnson a wannabe. The man did have two big hit TV shows: Miami Vice and Nash Bridges.
    Last edited by cindyt; 02-11-2008 at 10:37 PM.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

No Offense....

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call Don Johnson a wannabe.
    No offense, cindyt, but IMHO, yuppers, I would!!!!!!

Hurray - one more sleep!!!

Will I be able to sleep tonight?!!! Not only is David on tv tomorrow, but it's Kozmo Kitties' first birthday!!! What a way to celebrate!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    No offense, cindyt, but IMHO, yuppers, I would!!!!!!
    Me too--but this is, after all, David territory!

I have to say I have been a Cassidy fan for years!! I am 42 and started with David and then Jack..yeah yeah I know but he was the daddy!! Then I discovered Shaun...I was lost for sure then...LOL. I also love Shirley .. she was great on Days of Our Lives recently. I love the whole family!!

Spill it people. How did David look on Oprah? And did she do her famous, obnoxious, overbearing, obnoxious, loud, stupid (did I say obnoxious) yelling of his name.

That woman really jars my potatoes.

David & Oprah

David was on for less than half of the show.....he sang "I Think I Love You" and "I'll Meet You Halfway" and was in good spirits and talked about Katie and Beau, but I was disappointed--Oprah never once talked about who was the Ultimate David Fan, and it seemed very short to me.....

I am still enjoying my David Cassidy Day, as I have just ordered pizza and my son is over and we are getting ready to watch PF....
    Last edited by Elizabeth; 02-12-2008 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Wanted to add pics

David came off very level headed.

I liked what he had to say about kids in showbiz. I think all the Cassidys are, in the end, nice people (as showbiz families go). His daughter is surely hot. Weird that he has her, btw.

Poor David, so lonely and isolated all those years. If only I could have gotten to him.

Hey, Noelle....

David came off very level headed.

I liked what he had to say about kids in showbiz. I think all the Cassidys are, in the end, nice people (as showbiz families go). His daughter is surely hot. Weird that he has her, btw.

Poor David, so lonely and isolated all those years. If only I could have gotten to him.
    I am curious: why is "weird that he has her btw"?

I am curious: why is "weird that he has her btw"?
    Oh sorry, I meant that he fathered her....didn't seem to have much to do with her upbringing....she was kind of a secret, no?

All Good

Oh sorry, I meant that he fathered her....didn't seem to have much to do with her upbringing....she was kind of a secret, no?
    Katie was born to David and his former stand-in from the PF, with whom he had an on and off affair with for a long time. Katie lived only with her mother, and David didn't see her very often. He did not acknowledge Katie as his daughter because he says her mother did not want him to, and in fact Katie was not a "Cassidy" through her growing up years. She is a very beautiful girl, but I think her talent is yet to be discovered. Time will tell whether she is a true blue "Cassidy" as far as long-term career in show business.
    Last edited by Elizabeth; 02-12-2008 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Forgot to finish my thought

Katie was born to David and his former stand-in from the PF, with whom he had an on and off affair with for a long time. Katie lived only with her mother, and David didn't see her very often. He did not acknowledge Katie as his daughter because he says her mother did not want him to, and in fact Katie was not a "Cassidy" through her growing up years. She is a very beautiful girl, but I think her talent is yet to be discovered. Time will tell whether she is a true blue "Cassidy"
    Wow, didnt know it was the standin. I do recall that he had a girl standin because he was so petite and pretty!

I'd love to know the real story, there's more to it I bet.

I'm With You

Wow, didnt know it was the standin. I do recall that he had a girl standin because he was so petite and pretty!

I'd love to know the real story, there's more to it I bet.
    I'm with you....I think she was probably really in love with him, and he wasn't with her...what is the expression, "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"??? Katie's mom (and I apologize; I can't remember her name) was angry with David for a long time, trying to get him to claim Katie as his daughter....

You know, Billy Ray Cyrus once had an affair and got a gal pregnant....he did the right thing and married her.

Worked out well for him. That baby today goes by the name of Miley!

Hope David doesn't end up in Voight-Jolie territory.

Oh Yeah

You know, Billy Ray Cyrus once had an affair and got a gal pregnant....he did the right thing and married her.

Worked out well for him. That baby today goes by the name of Miley!

Hope David doesn't end up in Voight-Jolie territory.
    Well, especially in light of David's issues with Jack, and him feeling like Jack let him down as a father....wouldn't you think that would cross his mind re: Katie???

Yeah. I've read a few things about Katie, she sounds a little resentful. But man she's a beauty.

Looks like Beau's the favorite, though. Let me amend that. Beau was luckier. I hope David makes up for lost time, that's hard on a daughter.

PS was wondering, did any of you David Hags cut your teeth on Davy Jones as I did? He was my first major crush, paving the way for true love with David.
    Last edited by Noelle Page; 02-12-2008 at 05:08 PM.

I saw David on Oprah today and I still remember when he sings he tends to twirl his tongue in. I LOVE THAT!!! He was majorly HOT too.
    Scott Michaels knows more about death than Dexter.

Of Course

Yeah. I've read a few things about Katie, she sounds a little resentful. But man she's a beauty.

Looks like Beau's the favorite, though. Let me amend that. Beau was luckier. I hope David makes up for lost time, that's hard on a daughter.

PS was wondering, did any of you David Hags cut your teeth on Davy Jones as I did? He was my first major crush, paving the way for true love with David.
    I loved Davy Jones....one of my first memories was of me at age 5, getting ready for naptime and thinking "what will I wear when I marry Davy Jones?" But truly, nothing like My First Love, David....

I couldn't find any pictures of David with Katie (I've seen a couple; just can't find them at the moment), but here is Katie.....

Confession

Quote Originally Posted by Reecy View Post
    I saw David on Oprah today and I still remember when he sings he tends to twirl his tongue in. I LOVE THAT!!! He was majorly HOT too.
    That tongue-twirling thing--that makes my girl parts tingle

Found another picture of Ricky Seagull. No bad!

Not bad at all. He was a cute kid, even if he did make PF jump the shark.

For That Alone....

Not bad at all. He was a cute kid, even if he did make PF jump the shark.
    And, for that alone, I dislike him intensely Even though the PF wasn't going to continue after season 4 anyway, I still blame him for the shark-jumping (makes me blame David less)

PS He is a good looking guy

Guest Guest
    David was just a tad before my time...my late sister held the record for most David Cassidy picks plastered in a condensed space...he was EVERYWHERE in her room including her floor...my parents let her glue him to the floor!

my crush was Shaun...awwwww he was dreamy...I was about 8 years old when the Hardy Boys were all over the tv and I wrote him a letter and asked him to marry me...I got a response...he said in 20 years he would consider it...well...it's been 28 years and I'm still waiting for my ring!!! lol

actually I saw recent pictures of Shaun and though still attractive he's just no longer my cup of tea....but he made me giggle and blush when I was a kid!

David I always thought of as a girly man...but not now...my how the coin flips...I think he's pretty hot now!

Katie was born to David and his former stand-in from the PF, with whom he had an on and off affair with for a long time. Katie lived only with her mother, and David didn't see her very often. He did not acknowledge Katie as his daughter because he says her mother did not want him to, and in fact Katie was not a "Cassidy" through her growing up years. She is a very beautiful girl, but I think her talent is yet to be discovered. Time will tell whether she is a true blue "Cassidy" as far as long-term career in show business.
    I know I've seen a picture of David and his stand-in somewhere. Anyone have it?

Found another picture of Ricky Seagull. No bad!

Wow, he turned out nicely! Never would have recognized him if i saw him on the street.
    Defunct the strings, Of cemetery things
    With one flat foot.....On the devil's wing

I don't remember this commercial ( Sorry quality's not great)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eQ2GIR9cnJ4

David's New CD!

Here is the cover to David's new CD.....I bought this originally when it came out at Target (with a different cover) so I am debating as to whether I should get this anyway.....

But here it is:

Sherry

I know I've seen a picture of David and his stand-in somewhere. Anyone have it?
    I have looked all over for a pic of David and Sherry Benedon (as she is now referred to--she apparently married an ER doctor), and cannot seem to find one....you would think there would be one of Katie and her mom....

Single Sleeve

And I finally found the single sleeve cover....check out the 80's hair!!!

Indulge me here for a few moments please....

I remember in some teen magazine a picture of David with someone whom I believe was his stand in...They were posed at the half door - or Dutch door of the kitchen set.

Is she the one with the brown shag haircut and I don't want to say 'boyish' features but doubt that she'd ever be on a catwalk. Is that Katie's mom?

I can see that picture of those two so clearly in my head...why it has stayed with me all these years I can't explain but I am almost certain that she was his stand in. Oh and another thing - the two of them were dressed exactly alike.

Then again, I could be right - it could have been his stand in but I'm also guessing that he had more than one stand in. I guess.

Sounds Like!

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelNutZipper View Post
    Indulge me here for a few moments please....

I remember in some teen magazine a picture of David with someone whom I believe was his stand in...They were posed at the half door - or Dutch door of the kitchen set.

Is she the one with the brown shag haircut and I don't want to say 'boyish' features but doubt that she'd ever be on a catwalk. Is that Katie's mom?

I can see that picture of those two so clearly in my head...why it has stayed with me all these years I can't explain but I am almost certain that she was his stand in. Oh and another thing - the two of them were dressed exactly alike.

Then again, I could be right - it could have been his stand in but I'm also guessing that he had more than one stand in. I guess.
    It sounds like her....I also have a picture in my mind, taken during the taping of the Christmas epi, as Sherry was dressed just like David in the powder blue cowboy outfit....

Wonder why it is so hard to find a picture of her??? Hmmmmmmmmmm

Some Early David LP's

Here are some early David LP covers...."Dreams Are Nothin' More Than Wishes" from 1973 (and you can get this one on import CD), "Greatest Hits" from 1974 (awesome cover!!) and "Home Is Where The Heart Is" 1975 (one of my favorite David albums)

More, More, More

Some more early David album covers...."Rock Me Baby" 1972 (now available on CD), "David Cassidy" self-titled 1990, "David Live!" 1974, "Old Trick New Dog" 2002

I have looked all over for a pic of David and Sherry Benedon (as she is now referred to--she apparently married an ER doctor), and cannot seem to find one....you would think there would be one of Katie and her mom....
    Here's a picture I found of her. But I'd sure like to find the ones with her and David.

Here's a picture I found of her. But I'd sure like to find the ones with her and David.

I can't see the picture.....rats!
    Last edited by Elizabeth; 02-15-2008 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Small finger error

Nope--didn't know about it while it was going on, but somehow I heard about it after, when she was on PF....I was a 16/Tiger Beat girl myself!!!

I did know about Judy while the show was on....don't remember how I heard it, but I was so possessive of My David that it made me angry.....and when he married Kay Lenz my parents were concerned when we read about the wedding in the National Enquirer--I wonder if they thought I would go ballistic (which I didn't) but I was happy when they divorced (not to dance on anyone's grave so to speak...)
    I can remember when they were married, I was devistated. David Cassidy was the only celeb I ever wrote to. I wasnt allowed to put but one poster on my wall when I lived at home, and his face was the one that graced it!
    I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing. Mae West

Kay Lenz Cassidy

Quote Originally Posted by phirerednga View Post
    I can remember when they were married, I was devistated. David Cassidy was the only celeb I ever wrote to. I wasnt allowed to put but one poster on my wall when I lived at home, and his face was the one that graced it!
    I don't think Kay ever remarried either.....she and David were only married about five years or so.....they got married in Vegas, and Shaun was the Best Man....

Pics Of Kay

And here is their wedding photo, and a pic of Just Kay.....

Got David's New Book

I received David's "new" autobiography "Could It Be Forever" from amazon today...so far I have found it somewhat less graphic than "C'mon Get Happy: Fear & Loathing On The Partridge Family Bus".....his relationship with Susan is much less specific (less sex revelations), less complimentary to his mother (who has dementia, and probably won't read this version)....I am liking it though.....

I received David's "new" autobiography "Could It Be Forever" from amazon today...so far I have found it somewhat less graphic than "C'mon Get Happy: Fear & Loathing On The Partridge Family Bus".....his relationship with Susan is much less specific (less sex revelations), less complimentary to his mother (who has dementia, and probably won't read this version)....I am liking it though.....
    I'm surprised to hear this (about his mom). I was under the impression that he was very, very close to her and that they always had a terrific relationship.

Without taking too much of your time could you give an example where he's less than complimentary?

I believe you - it's just that the "spin" years ago certainly doesn't match this.

Shaun Cassidy discovered Heath Ledger. He paid for his ticket to the States and got him his first acting role.

Quote Originally Posted by W Axl Rose View Post
    Shaun Cassidy discovered Heath Ledger. He paid for his ticket to the States and got him his first acting role.
    What role was that?

What role was that?

Something called Roar?

Good trivia bit, thanks Axl.

You see, all roads lead to....Cassidy!

The mom, Evelyn (pronounced Eve-lyn as any serious David hag would know), was always a bit of a mystery. She probably had to take a backseat to Shirley during the PF years, to promote the show's "family" vibe. Must have been weird for her.

One thing I learned from the book is she was married during David's teens to some fairly well known director. I forget with movies he did, but something famous. David didn't like him, but sounded like he was a fairly wild boy at the time.