Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456714 ... LastLast

Thread: David Cassidy

Have we appreciated this pic yet?
    Zombie kitteh is Hungry!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    Rats--I knew I should have named this The Cassidy Family Appreciation Thread....Shirley Jones, Ryan Cassidy--I could go on.....

Please--anyone who loves a Cassidy is welcome here!!!
    I liked Hop Along Cassidy when I was a kid. Does that count?
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

LOL John..John..John!

Here is the wiki on the artist whose work inspired the paint job on the PF bus.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piet_Mondrian

John Trim On Face Book

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    LOL John..John..John!
    I know. I try but I just can't resist.
    John Trim On Face Book

And that's why we love you!

Boys at the pajama party!

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Boys at the pajama party!
    John Trim On Face Book

This is the pic (and interview) that broke my heart. I was completely disillusioned after this. I knew then that David "did it" with girls and probably took drugs too.

I forgive him now.

Evelyn

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelNutZipper View Post
    I'm surprised to hear this (about his mom). I was under the impression that he was very, very close to her and that they always had a terrific relationship.

Without taking too much of your time could you give an example where he's less than complimentary?

I believe you - it's just that the "spin" years ago certainly doesn't match this.
    From his book, starting on page 227...."My mother was more embracing of my success than my father. But being around either one of them was very uncomfortable and unpleasant for me. My parents wanted success for themselves so desperately that they couldn't be happy for me. The way they felt and behaved towards me made me feel rejected. I spent a lot of my life trying to make them both happy, trying to be a good boy, trying to be someone they would be proud of, trying to get their unconditional love. But I couldn't make them happy, no matter what I did"--David Cassidy, "Could It Be Forever"

I had read all about Jack's problem with David's fame; I had NEVER ONCE read *anything* about Evelyn's.....so interesting (and it wasn't at all included in his first book)

Evelyn, Not Shirley

The mom, Evelyn (pronounced Eve-lyn as any serious David hag would know), was always a bit of a mystery. She probably had to take a backseat to Shirley during the PF years, to promote the show's "family" vibe. Must have been weird for her.

One thing I learned from the book is she was married during David's teens to some fairly well known director. I forget with movies he did, but something famous. David didn't like him, but sounded like he was a fairly wild boy at the time.
    Actually in the book, Shirley talks about how hard it was for Evelyn that the press played up the maternal role Shirley played in David's life....(Shirley is so awesome, being sensitive to Evelyn's feelings!!!!)

Elliot Silverstein was David's stepfather from 1962 till the late 60's.....David is quite complimentary of Elliot, who directed "Cat Ballou", because he says he knows he was hard on Elliot, and his stepfather writes for about three pages about what a good kid David was.....very sweet!!

Slurrrrrrrrr-p!!!!

I would munch outta this lunch box anytime!!!!! Thanks, Snoopy!!!

HopAlong....

Quote Originally Posted by johntrim040851 View Post
    I liked Hop Along Cassidy when I was a kid. Does that count?
    Wasn't he David's wacky cousin???? If so, then yes, it does count...

Was Eliot's three pages in the original book? Don't remember it, just recall conflict between him and David.

Mine!

Quote Originally Posted by johntrim040851 View Post
    Here is the wiki on the artist whose work inspired the paint job on the PF bus.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piet_Mondrian

And I of course have this bus....

Would love to read that accompanying RS article again. It was 180 degrees from the kind of puffy coverage he was getting in the teen mags. Cant find onlline though.

Nada

Was Eliot's three pages in the original book? Don't remember it, just recall conflict between him and David.
    Nope, this new version includes a lot of stuff that was not in the original book.....I was surprised, I thought it would just have a new additional chapter regarding Katie and stuff that had happened since the original book came out.....

Noelle...

Would love to read that accompanying RS article again. It was 180 degrees from the kind of puffy coverage he was getting in the teen mags. Cant find onlline though.
    If you go on evilbay, you could probably find it for a small amount of $$$....I love mine (in a strictly informational kind of way)

Yipee!!!

Got my autographed photo in the mail today! It's yummy!

(Shirley is so awesome, being sensitive to Evelyn's feelings!!!!)
    Shirley really is a class act, and wonderful looking to this day.

What's freaky is realizing she was only about 37 or 38 during PF's heyday. She seemed so mature.

I don;t really get either of her marriages, frankly, but....whatevah.

Jealous!!

Quote Originally Posted by Martini View Post
    Got my autographed photo in the mail today! It's yummy!
    Ooooooh, what does it say? And what do you plan to do with it???

Shirley

Shirley really is a class act, and wonderful looking to this day.

What's freaky is realizing she was only about 37 or 38 during PF's heyday. She seemed so mature.

I don;t really get either of her marriages, frankly, but....whatevah.
    She always seems timeless to me.....and yes, her marriages are both kind of puzzles to me (Marty is too much for me, and Jack is, well, dead)

Pics of our gal Shirl....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ooooooh, what does it say? And what do you plan to do with it???
    It has my name, then much love ( I always knew he loved me!) David Cassidy, signed in silver.

I actually collect autographs, so he's in my teen idol collection along with the DeFranco Family, Micky Dolenz, and Rex Smith.

I paid for my picture through Paypal, so it would come quick. I'm sure yours will be coming soon.

Haven't received my Dvd yet - David Cassidy: Man Undercover, but I'm expecting that soon too!

Martini, He Thinks He Loves You!

It has my name, then much love ( I always knew he loved me!) David Cassidy, signed in silver.

I actually collect autographs, so he's in my teen idol collection along with the DeFranco Family, Micky Dolenz, and Rex Smith.

I paid for my picture through Paypal, so it would come quick. I'm sure yours will be coming soon.

Haven't received my Dvd yet - David Cassidy: Man Undercover, but I'm expecting that soon too!
    I am soooooooooo jealous-I knew I should have used paypal!! However, Ashley (his webmaster) assures me mine should be coming soon.....

I love your other choices.....Tony DeFranco, I thought he was so hunky back in the day, and of course I have a major soft spot for Micky too....what an awesome collection!!!

But do let me know if the Man Undercover DVD's are worth it--I am counting on your input (have you bought his book yet? highly recommend it!!!)

Tony DeFranco???!!!??? Oh, now, ladies I don't know about that one...

Thought of David today....sigh....saw some Fiddle Faddle in the store, and it reminded me of when I read David's favorite snack was Screaming Yellow Zonkers, remember them?....had to make my mother buy me some.

[quote=Noelle Page;171869]Tony DeFranco???!!!??? Oh, now, ladies I don't know about that one..quote]

I don't think he turned out too bad!

I am soooooooooo jealous-I knew I should have used paypal!! However, Ashley (his webmaster) assures me mine should be coming soon.....

I love your other choices.....Tony DeFranco, I thought he was so hunky back in the day, and of course I have a major soft spot for Micky too....what an awesome collection!!!

But do let me know if the Man Undercover DVD's are worth it--I am counting on your input (have you bought his book yet? highly recommend it!!!)
    I bought the first book a few years ago and the second book I finished before Christmas. I haven't commented on the book until now, because I was quite upset reading it. David goes on for most of the book on how unhappy he was and it just made me so sad ... it made me feel bad about being a fan. Like I as part of whole madness that went on and made him so isolated and alone. (Guilt is a wonderful thing). I now realise that these were his feelings and I respect him so much for being truthful about it. And I'm so glad that he's been able to move on and embrace his teen idol years and really enjoy it now.

You know....you're right, Tony looks great. Now. Not then! Certainly not compared to.....you know...

You know....you're right, Tony looks great. Now. Not then! Certainly not compared to.....you know...
    Frankly, nobody compares to:

That's an odd pic of David. He's got a little belly, and his lips look full. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Remember in his bios it always said he was 5'8" and 120 pounds?

That's an odd pic of David. He's got a little belly, and his lips look full. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Remember in his bios it always said he was 5'8" and 120 pounds?
    oh there's some kinda mischief in that smile!

There's that grin again!

Didn't come through.....

You Rock!

Frankly, nobody compares to:

I had a long day at work today, and to come home to this board (where I totally *get* you guys!!!) and this lovely pic.....well, makes me smile, thank you!!!

Tony

[quote=Martini;172049]
    Tony DeFranco???!!!??? Oh, now, ladies I don't know about that one..quote]

I don't think he turned out too bad!

Yes, Tony is not a bad looking guy by any stretch.....but he is no DAVID (and of course I am going to say that)

Tony is a real estate agent these days (if memory serves).....

Confession

Tony DeFranco???!!!??? Oh, now, ladies I don't know about that one...

Thought of David today....sigh....saw some Fiddle Faddle in the store, and it reminded me of when I read David's favorite snack was Screaming Yellow Zonkers, remember them?....had to make my mother buy me some.
    Ah, but seriously, admit it: Don't you think about David every day, in some way (hey, here's the place to get it off your chest!!)??

Thanks, More Cheese Please!

Quote Originally Posted by More Cheese Please View Post
    And now you have all seen my new screensaver! Thanks!!!

Humble thanks, Cheese. Wouldn't we all like to see the uncropped shots?

WOW!!!

Hey David hags, get over to the Gloria Stavers thread to share your memories of 16 magazine!

Do you all realize that this thread is a party just waiting to happen? Too bad there can't be a David Cassidy Appreciation Weekend...

40-something women (and maybe men) reminiscing about David and the Partridge Family all weekend. Maybe in Vegas.

Sounds really good to me as I sit here looking outside the window at 10 inches of snow.

So Tempting.....

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelNutZipper View Post
    Do you all realize that this thread is a party just waiting to happen? Too bad there can't be a David Cassidy Appreciation Weekend...

40-something women (and maybe men) reminiscing about David and the Partridge Family all weekend. Maybe in Vegas.

Sounds really good to me as I sit here looking outside the window at 10 inches of snow.
    You have a great idea!!!! Wonder if David will be somewhere warm in the next couple months....

Just what David needs. More fortysomething broads squealing for him, lol. Sue Shifrin must have the patience of a saint--lucky gal.

David's.....

Just what David needs. More fortysomething broads squealing for him, lol. Sue Shifrin must have the patience of a saint--lucky gal.
    We are David's bread and butter.....and I think Saint Sue probably knows that

Well, well, well. Was reading Gloria Stavers' wiki, and look what one of the links turned out to be:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...aked_lunch_box

Required reading for any David hag. This article was the one that basically killed his teen idol gig. It certainly killed me. Talk about "read it and weep," I certainly did!

However, reading it now, I think he sounds pretty mature for his age.

RS

Well, well, well. Was reading Gloria Stavers' wiki, and look what one of the links turned out to be:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...aked_lunch_box

Required reading for any David hag. This article was the one that basically killed his teen idol gig. It certainly killed me. Talk about "read it and weep," I certainly did!

However, reading it now, I think he sounds pretty mature for his age.
    I was not allowed to read RS when I was 11 (when this particular article came out), so I didn't get to read this until I bought a copy a couple years ago.....had I read it in 1972, I would have been shocked and thoroughly disgusted, and probably would have become a fan of Donny Osmond's (just kidding, David, I love you!!!!).....

Made My Day!!

Quote Originally Posted by More Cheese Please View Post
    Thanks Cheese, you made my day!!! After a terrible day at work, to come home to a wet David...well, that is paradise!!! (And the song is awesome too!!!)

Just received my copy of David Cassidy: Man Undercover!!! I've watched the first episode so far. Real good quality. They've taped it off of tv ... "nostalgia" , the icon comes up in the corner every once in a while, only because of this did I realize it was record from tv. But like I said, the quality is really good, just like you would record off your own tv, no commercials. I'm not sure how many episodes, but it's a 4 disc set. I would recomend buying it. Oh how I love David in those tight white pants ... he looks good coming or going!!! And it's so great to see him in a serious role, not just Danny Partridges' stooge! It's really too bad he didn't do more dramatic parts.

... And just because ... never have to have an excuse to post his picture!