Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 222930313233 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,550 of 1898

Thread: Jon Benet Ramsey

  1. #1501
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,242
    I think that discod is spot-on about Patsy's personality.

    Here's a variation on the rage-killing that I think is plausible (this is a THEORY): John was molesting JonBenet. This was due to the combined stress of losing his other daughter Beth and his wife having cancer. Patsy caught him and went berserk. Instead of attacking her husband, she attacked her daughter, clunking her on the head with a heavy object.

    She immediately regretted it. Both parents could tell how severe the injuries were and that JonBenet could not be revived, and stayed up all night staging a fake kidnapping. They strangled her from behind because they could not bear to look at her face. They put her in the basement and covered her up.

    None of this can be proven, but I think it's the most plausible scenario.

  2. #1502
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    742
    This has made me go over everything about this case. Im reading Patsy's interview now. I never knew about JBR undies that she was found in were way too big for her, I didnt know about the Hi-Tec boot print, and that Burke had a pair of Hi-Tec boots. Im still wondering about the suitcase and what was in it. Oh and the 911 call from the party on the 23rd, that one of the partiers wouldnt even let the cops in to investigate. I used to think Patsy was just being wrongfully accused. Now, I dont know what to think.

  3. #1503
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleRain View Post
    This has made me go over everything about this case. Im reading Patsy's interview now. I never knew about JBR undies that she was found in were way too big for her, I didnt know about the Hi-Tec boot print, and that Burke had a pair of Hi-Tec boots. Im still wondering about the suitcase and what was in it. Oh and the 911 call from the party on the 23rd, that one of the partiers wouldnt even let the cops in to investigate. I used to think Patsy was just being wrongfully accused. Now, I dont know what to think.
    That suitcase had a blanket in it, with John Andrew Ramsey (John's older son) semen on it. A neighbor claimed to have seen JAR in Boulder when he said he was not there. Some people think JAR did it but I believe DNA cleared him, for what its worth. I still cant place ANY faith in the Boulder DA for anything, testing or otherwise. I think they could screw up a wet dream. JMO

    Here's a site with theories on who committed the murder:

    http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w/...0It%20Theories

  4. #1504
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    And back to the stun gun for a minute, in the Thomas book he reported a video was found, either in John's bedroom or house office. I cant remember exactly what the video was, some sort of security thing I think. There was a section about stun guns on the video but John said he never watched it.

  5. #1505
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westcoast Canada aka LaLaLand
    Posts
    2,820
    Thanks for the link, slingshot. Because of this thread I have a renewed interest in this case as someone else said.

  6. #1506
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,081
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    And let me add, that is a LOT of thinking going on IMO during the day JB's body was found. And if we are to believe the Thomas book, John's lawyer contacted the Whites THE DAY they found JB's body. How did all that happen so quick? One would think John would have lots of other things on his mind after finding his dead daughter, not lawyering up everyone in sight. And I believe the police heard him talking with his pilot the day they found her body, trying to set up a trip. He said he wanted to get his family away from all that was going on. I found that kinda strange. And even stranger, they let Burke go back to school a few weeks after this alleged "faction" kidnapped his daughter with no apparent concern for his safety. JMO
    You know that is a great point and I have never thought about that before!!!

    If "someone" killed one of my children for ransom, the last thing I would do would be let my surving child just go back to public school like nothing ever happened. I mean it's not like they could not afford tutors or whatever. Hell even if they couldn't, it would be hard for me to throw my kid out in the public eye knowing that my other childs killer was out there and making it personal...
    My Posse's On Broadway

  7. #1507
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    On this forum, obviously!
    Posts
    4,259
    I have GOT to get off this thread! This case consumed my life for years, and it's about to do it again!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

  8. #1508
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,242
    Yeah, I think the fact that the Ramseys were unconcerned about Burke's safety speaks volumes.

    Also, John was on the phone telling his pilot to get the plane ready right after they found JonBenet's body. They wanted to leave TWENTY MINUTES LATER.

  9. #1509
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    On this forum, obviously!
    Posts
    4,259
    I've stated before that I think someone who lives in that house did it. Actually, I think that's pretty much all that saved the Ramsey's. The police know that SOMEONE in that house did it, they just can't pinpoint who, so they can't charge anyone. The Ramsey's should be given gold stars for mudding the waters. That's all that saved their collective asses, IMO.

    But along the lines of the above threads that talk of sending Burke back to public school a few weeks after the kidnapping gone wrong, here's what I think sunk the Ramsey's (NOT including any forensics):

    1. Calling police and friends when the ransom note expressly said not to.

    2. The 90 minute disappearance of John.

    3. The phone call by John to the pilot trying to get them out of town 20 minutes after they found JB.

    4. The lawyering up TOO quickly. And this includes paying for the ex wife's lawyer. What could she say that he didn't want known?

    5. Both before and after the body was found, Patsy "cried" in the parlor with her friends, John in the living room with his. Maybe that's just the way their marriage was, but I find that very odd. Most greiving parents can NOT be separated. They stick together like glue. Even divorced parents of a missing child come together to grieve or wait information.

    6. John leading Fleet White straight to the body.

    7. John's devistation at his first daughter's death, but cold as ice during JB's absence and eventual discovery.

    8. And the aforementioned Burke going back to public school a few weeks after their other child's botched kiddnapping. Obviously, they had no fear of this foreign faction that is out to get John.

    John, to me, is the one who committed most of the faux pas that got the police looking at them. You would think with him being the millionaire businessman, he would be the one who would have the poker face, not Patsy, but he seemed to be the fly in the ointment to me.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

  10. #1510
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    I've stated before that I think someone who lives in that house did it. Actually, I think that's pretty much all that saved the Ramsey's. The police know that SOMEONE in that house did it, they just can't pinpoint who, so they can't charge anyone. The Ramsey's should be given gold stars for mudding the waters. That's all that saved their collective asses, IMO.

    But along the lines of the above threads that talk of sending Burke back to public school a few weeks after the kidnapping gone wrong, here's what I think sunk the Ramsey's (NOT including any forensics):

    1. Calling police and friends when the ransom note expressly said not to.

    2. The 90 minute disappearance of John.

    3. The phone call by John to the pilot trying to get them out of town 20 minutes after they found JB.

    4. The lawyering up TOO quickly. And this includes paying for the ex wife's lawyer. What could she say that he didn't want known?

    5. Both before and after the body was found, Patsy "cried" in the parlor with her friends, John in the living room with his. Maybe that's just the way their marriage was, but I find that very odd. Most greiving parents can NOT be separated. They stick together like glue. Even divorced parents of a missing child come together to grieve or wait information.

    6. John leading Fleet White straight to the body.

    7. John's devistation at his first daughter's death, but cold as ice during JB's absence and eventual discovery.

    8. And the aforementioned Burke going back to public school a few weeks after their other child's botched kiddnapping. Obviously, they had no fear of this foreign faction that is out to get John.

    John, to me, is the one who committed most of the faux pas that got the police looking at them. You would think with him being the millionaire businessman, he would be the one who would have the poker face, not Patsy, but he seemed to be the fly in the ointment to me.
    Really good post Sheboss!!!! I concur!

  11. #1511
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    That suitcase had a blanket in it, with John Andrew Ramsey (John's older son) semen on it. A neighbor claimed to have seen JAR in Boulder when he said he was not there. Some people think JAR did it but I believe DNA cleared him, for what its worth. I still cant place ANY faith in the Boulder DA for anything, testing or otherwise. I think they could screw up a wet dream. JMO

    Here's a site with theories on who committed the murder:

    http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w/page/11682501/Ramsey Did It Theories
    Wow thanks for the info

    I had no clue what was in that suitcase. Kinda damaging.

    I have been sucked in on this case now.

  12. #1512
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    742
    One thing that had me thinking.. Why wouldnt John Ramsey allow them to bring Jon Benet from the ground to test for the stun gun stuff? He says because it wasnt a body to him, it was his daughter. I get that, it wouldve brought alot of emotion...but it would allow the authorities to see conclusively if it was a stun gun used or not..and if it was used that couldv'e cleared the parents.

  13. #1513
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over a rainbow/U.K
    Posts
    868
    During Patsys crying stages wasn't it also reported that as she held her hands to hide her tears she 'peeped' between her fingers a few times to see who was watching her in her grief!

  14. #1514
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    On this forum, obviously!
    Posts
    4,259
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleRain View Post
    One thing that had me thinking.. Why wouldnt John Ramsey allow them to bring Jon Benet from the ground to test for the stun gun stuff? He says because it wasnt a body to him, it was his daughter. I get that, it wouldve brought alot of emotion...but it would allow the authorities to see conclusively if it was a stun gun used or not..and if it was used that couldv'e cleared the parents.
    I'm not going to judge anyone, but I know I went to my grandmom's house and found her dead several years ago. Even after an autopsy, it still wasn't clear why she died. I would dig her up with my bare hands TODAY if I thought I could get an answer to that question. I know I'm a death hag and such, but I cannot understand why someone wouldn't do everything in their power to get a conclusion as to why a family member or friend is no longer with us. Maybe it's just me...
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

  15. #1515
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    On this forum, obviously!
    Posts
    4,259
    Quote Originally Posted by discod View Post
    During Patsys crying stages wasn't it also reported that as she held her hands to hide her tears she 'peeped' between her fingers a few times to see who was watching her in her grief!
    Yep. Thomas said that in his book. I pondered on that, but I didn't want to add it to the list, because that's 1 man's perception. I was trying to list things that multiple people saw. But I did read that, and I do believe Thomas' book over any other. It just has a truer ring to it.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

  16. #1516
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    Yep. Thomas said that in his book. I pondered on that, but I didn't want to add it to the list, because that's 1 man's perception. I was trying to list things that multiple people saw. But I did read that, and I do believe Thomas' book over any other. It just has a truer ring to it.
    And that is an excellent way to think about things. Theres a ton of little things that add up to a big circumstantial case in favor of Patsy or them both doing this. Back during this time, it was also OJ's trial too. So people saw a whole new side to our legal system and I can understand the need for the Ramseys to get the best lawyers. But the extent to which they went to avoid the police is astounding. All the while yakking to anybody and everybody thru press releases and tv appearanes.

    And I still think about Burke's interview where he told the person he heard the house creaking all night. And lights were turned off and on. And he heard Patsy say something like.......oh my gosh......oh my gosh. I bet he knows more than what he's said. If all this is true, maybe he could be the one to finally spill the truth. JMO

  17. #1517
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleRain View Post
    One thing that had me thinking.. Why wouldnt John Ramsey allow them to bring Jon Benet from the ground to test for the stun gun stuff? He says because it wasnt a body to him, it was his daughter. I get that, it wouldve brought alot of emotion...but it would allow the authorities to see conclusively if it was a stun gun used or not..and if it was used that couldv'e cleared the parents.
    Yep, this is another one of those many things that add up to them doing it.

  18. #1518
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Something else I thought about, I bet JB's pediatrician knows a lot about what happened. I think it was 33 visits in the past 3 years JB had made to him. And he even acted in Patsy's behalf a good bit, telling the police she was unavailable for questioning and sheltering her. I bet John's attorney(s) know more too.

  19. #1519
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,362
    I just spent a little over an hour on a sleuthing site regarding this case, and man some of those theories were SO out there! I'm not even going there, just too ludicrous to lend credence to. (If anyone's been there, the theory on "Mr. Big" and "Santa and the photographer" made me laugh... a case this horrible and it was actually comical, I kid you not).

    Hey, let me link that post because it's a keeper... http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20426 Sixth post down. Dude. First that poster was all "I've got a theory I think covers this, yada, I've never posted online before, yada..." so I'm thinking "Okay AS, let's hear it then!" So then she spills it and good God. For her sake, I'm glad she's not a regular poster online, because, in the words of Carrie's mother, "They're going to laugh at you!" I sure as hell did.

    These people, they were put under the national microscope for years. And I never saw one thing that pointed to them being some sexually perverse family that could kill their daughter and ram a paintbrush inside her. Sure it's possible. But what points to that? I haven't seen a single thing, even now, that points to them being capable of this. To say, "Oh, I think John was molesting her" -- that's a HUGE assumption to make! If he had EVER done anything that points at that, we'd sure know about it. We're not talking about speeding tickets, but raping his own daughter! I don't know how people can arrive at that with virtually zero evidence of it.

    It's absolutely just as possible that someone was in their house while they were at the party, lying in wait. Maybe they thought Christmas night would be a good time to rob it as well, there are usually a lot of expensive toys not yet put away on Christmas. I don't know why that's such a stretch. So the tablet used was from the house, well they would've had plenty of time to find the pen and pad and write the note while they waited.

    The Ramseys were 100% right in getting lawyers and they were 100% right not to talk to the police. As their lawyers likely told them, they are dealing with a PD that needs to solve this case. They're gonna take whatever they say and use it against them. Why say anything? They owe the Boulder P.D. nothing. They came in and botched the investigation; I wouldn't talk to them, either.

    And no, it's not, "If it were my child I'd talk to police and anyone to get to the bottom... wharrbegarble..." No, that's not how it works. Because if it were my child and the police DARED screw up the investigation and then try to frame ME because they couldn't figure out what else to do once they botched it, oh hell no. If such incompetents tried to implicate that I harmed the most important thing in my life, I'd be beyond pissed. And I'd talk to anyone I wanted to, but I wouldn't talk to rot like that. That's pretty much how they saw it, I think. And I don't blame them a bit.

    I don't know who killed that little girl, but the thing is, nobody else does, either. And I think it's wrong for people to start yelling about ridiculous things (fingerprints on a pineapple bowl, oh for God's sake) and accusing these people of doing terrible, just terrible things to their own daughter. Of course it's possible that she was molested by John or Burke (at nine years old, it's a stretch in my opinion, but hey, okay) but anything is possible. But seriously, it's just not probable and I cannot believe how many people are going there when there is zero evidence of that.

    After all this time under the microscope, if there was anything about the Ramseys to find, you can bet your ass it would have been found and shouted from the rooftops. It wasn't. I'd like to see this solved too, but hey, there's a reason the Ramseys weren't charged with murder: there was no evidence they were murderers.

    There is no evidence they were anything but good parents who's good judgement and life choices afforded them to provide well for their children. That's it. No mystery there. People can hate on them all they want; John got a good education and he worked hard so he had a lot of money. If he was able to afford to call a pilot to ready a plane to get them the hell out of there, I'm glad, because they didn't need to be hauled down to the police station (oh come on, that's exactly what would've happened to a poor person) for a 12-hour game of bad cop/worse cop.

    These people lost a six-year-old child who was, from every single thing I've seen, the absolute light of their lives. And that would be a nightmare, a veritable nightmare, for any parent. And because her killer wasn't sitting there beside her grinning, (well shudder...) and because the BPD farked up their investigation, the world gets to call these parents pedophiles? Capable of raping their own daughter, ffs? Really?

    I can understand people having theories; theories are fine. But when people start getting all excited and going, "Oh oh, and then this must've happened!" That just... what the hell? What did these people do that would warrant this? Such huge accusations and such little evidence! I so hope Patsy is resting in peace, I really do. Because God knows she wasn't allowed any on earth.
    Last edited by TaupinJohn; 03-03-2012 at 04:32 PM. Reason: editing (seriously)

    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

  20. #1520
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SE Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    8,801
    Quote Originally Posted by pwem View Post
    I forgot about the Black Dahlia. What a story that was. I have read a lot of theories and the most ludicrous was Orson Welles was the killer.
    That's rather funny. Anyone who knew anything about Orson Welles knew he wouldn't have had the stomach and would have freaked if blood and entrails ruined his manicure. He was pretty fussy and fastidious.


    This Jon Benet thing drives me insane. I hate unsolved cases. I can't make heads or tails of it.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

  21. #1521
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,362
    I'm still reading that other site -- talk about watching a train wreck.... I'm absolutely stunned at how excited they seem to be every time they decide (yet again) what happened. From the "paedophile paediatrician" to "Mr. Big" to "two teenagers" -- they've now accused pretty much everyone in the free world. And of course, a "foreign faction" as well.

    There just aren't that many cases that are such a huge mystery, seriously. Nothing fits perfectly. But I guess in the real world, things doesn't always all fit, there are gonna be some jagged edges somewhere.

    The black dahlia is absolutely a great unsolved crime. There are some that, while we know who did it, I'd still like to see exactly how they went down.

    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

  22. #1522
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    1,351
    Wow, I just finished the Thomas book and it was one heluva interesting read! After reading that, I'm thinking anyone with two brain cells to rub together would believe the Ramseys did it. Now what I would like to do is read a book written by someone who believes the intruder theory, just to get the other side of it. Does anyone have a suggestion?

  23. #1523
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    5,862
    While I HOPE that the Ramsey's are truly innocent, there just seems to be a lot of suspicious things that went on. I guess it will remain unsolved forever.
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

  24. #1524
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,362
    I've read nothing but this case all weekend, staying up later than I'd like to admit... just wow.

    Hey, can anybody send me the link or citation that says John went and checked the mail and was gone for some 90 minutes? I've looked at interview after interview and I'm just not finding it. A lot of folks here have mentioned it, I was just wondering if someone could send that link to me, please. Thanks so much.

    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

  25. #1525
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by TaupinJohn View Post
    I've read nothing but this case all weekend, staying up later than I'd like to admit... just wow.

    Hey, can anybody send me the link or citation that says John went and checked the mail and was gone for some 90 minutes? I've looked at interview after interview and I'm just not finding it. A lot of folks here have mentioned it, I was just wondering if someone could send that link to me, please. Thanks so much.
    I read it in the Thomas book. And IIRC, it wasnt really specifically addressed. I believe the female officer who responded to the kidnapping mentioned it almost as an afterthought. I believe she said she thought, or assumed, when he was gone for approx. 90 minutes that he went to fetch the mail. Its been a few weeks since I finished this but I believe I am telling it correctly per the book.

  26. #1526
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    TJ, here's a Vanity Fair article about the murder. The second sentence in the fifth paragraph mentions the mail and the 90 minutes.

    http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/09161997vanityfair.htm

  27. #1527
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    17,454
    OogieBoogie, Lou Smit was one of the Ramsey's biggest cheerleaders, but I don't know whether he wrote a book about the case or not. I've seen him in interviews on crime shows and read articles about his opinions. I would imagine if you Googled his name you would find a ton of pro-Ramsey information.

  28. #1528
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    742
    TaupinJohn, Im with you..LOL I have been reading all about this and getting interested again. I tried to not really too much when this case was going on, so I didnt know most of the stuff. Im reading Patsy and John interview now..and wow!!! Her fibers from her jacket were everywhere on that little girl. Fibers form Johns shirt were in her undies..Im just speechless. Now I know why the parents were major suspects.

  29. #1529
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleRain View Post
    TaupinJohn, Im with you..LOL I have been reading all about this and getting interested again. I tried to not really too much when this case was going on, so I didnt know most of the stuff. Im reading Patsy and John interview now..and wow!!! Her fibers from her jacket were everywhere on that little girl. Fibers form Johns shirt were in her undies..Im just speechless. Now I know why the parents were major suspects.
    I didnt get too much involved in this case when it happened. I remember reading on it some but when they cleared the parents I thought, well then that's that as they say. But the more I read, I couldnt figure out why more of this stuff wasnt out in the open back then. Some of the evidence seems overwhelming as to Patsy and John having a hand in this. I guess the Boulder DA did such a fabulous job of shielding/protecting the Ramseys that most of this stuff (like the fiber evidence you mentioned) never saw the light of day. JMO
    Last edited by slingshot; 03-06-2012 at 05:33 AM.

  30. #1530
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    1,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    OogieBoogie, Lou Smit was one of the Ramsey's biggest cheerleaders, but I don't know whether he wrote a book about the case or not. I've seen him in interviews on crime shows and read articles about his opinions. I would imagine if you Googled his name you would find a ton of pro-Ramsey information.
    Thanks, Mammy! I'll check him out. I remember him from the Thomas book and how he was so pro-intruder but they never came out and said why he was. It seemed like he decided it wasn't the Ramseys and that was it then he ran around with his fingers in his ears, humming to himself so as not to hear anything damning about them!

  31. #1531
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    I've stated before that I think someone who lives in that house did it. Actually, I think that's pretty much all that saved the Ramsey's. The police know that SOMEONE in that house did it, they just can't pinpoint who, so they can't charge anyone. The Ramsey's should be given gold stars for mudding the waters. That's all that saved their collective asses, IMO.

    But along the lines of the above threads that talk of sending Burke back to public school a few weeks after the kidnapping gone wrong, here's what I think sunk the Ramsey's (NOT including any forensics):

    1. Calling police and friends when the ransom note expressly said not to.

    2. The 90 minute disappearance of John.

    3. The phone call by John to the pilot trying to get them out of town 20 minutes after they found JB.

    4. The lawyering up TOO quickly. And this includes paying for the ex wife's lawyer. What could she say that he didn't want known?

    5. Both before and after the body was found, Patsy "cried" in the parlor with her friends, John in the living room with his. Maybe that's just the way their marriage was, but I find that very odd. Most greiving parents can NOT be separated. They stick together like glue. Even divorced parents of a missing child come together to grieve or wait information.

    6. John leading Fleet White straight to the body.

    7. John's devistation at his first daughter's death, but cold as ice during JB's absence and eventual discovery.

    8. And the aforementioned Burke going back to public school a few weeks after their other child's botched kiddnapping. Obviously, they had no fear of this foreign faction that is out to get John.

    John, to me, is the one who committed most of the faux pas that got the police looking at them. You would think with him being the millionaire businessman, he would be the one who would have the poker face, not Patsy, but he seemed to be the fly in the ointment to me.
    WORD she boss, as usual. Youre the shit. And I mean that
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

  32. #1532
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada
    Posts
    2,291
    John Ramsey regrets letting Jon Benet compete in pageants - a bit late.

    http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...oddlers-tiaras

  33. #1533
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    5,862
    I saw that online earlier. Yep, he's about 15 years too late!
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

  34. #1534
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Centennial State
    Posts
    1,316
    I wondered how long it would take for them to get off their high horse about the pageants, and throw them under the bus, too.

    Don't get me wrong, I do think pageants sexualize children and are a playground for pedophiles. But they defended them so strongly for so long, I thought they'd never admit that it might not be the best idea. (Not that I think it was a pageant psycho that killed Jonbenet.)

  35. #1535
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    17,454
    So John has figured out that whoever killed JonBenet is alive, dead, or in prison? You don't say! That certainly narrows down the suspect list. How incredibly profound! I wonder if the Boulder police have thought of that? He seems to be the type of person who talks constantly and never says a damned thing.

  36. #1536
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Djen View Post
    I wondered how long it would take for them to get off their high horse about the pageants, and throw them under the bus, too.

    Don't get me wrong, I do think pageants sexualize children and are a playground for pedophiles. But they defended them so strongly for so long, I thought they'd never admit that it might not be the best idea. (Not that I think it was a pageant psycho that killed Jonbenet.)
    Kinda makes one wonder what else he will admit to as time goes on.....

  37. #1537
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    5,862
    Quote Originally Posted by mammy View Post
    so john has figured out that whoever killed jonbenet is alive, dead, or in prison? You don't say! That certainly narrows down the suspect list. How incredibly profound! I wonder if the boulder police have thought of that? He seems to be the type of person who talks constantly and never says a damned thing.
    lol - too funny!!
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

  38. #1538
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    17,454
    I read that and just shook my head. That's like saying a pregnant woman will either have a boy or a girl and it will be born naked and have no teeth. Thank you Captain Obvious.

  39. #1539
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over a rainbow/U.K
    Posts
    868
    He wouldn't be saying it if Patsy was still alive....the man had no backbone married to her...she wore the trousers and what she said was law....would'nt surprise me if she mentally or physically abused John

  40. #1540
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,000
    Quote Originally Posted by TaupinJohn View Post
    I just spent a little over an hour on a sleuthing site regarding this case, and man some of those theories were SO out there! I'm not even going there, just too ludicrous to lend credence to. (If anyone's been there, the theory on "Mr. Big" and "Santa and the photographer" made me laugh... a case this horrible and it was actually comical, I kid you not).

    Hey, let me link that post because it's a keeper... http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20426 Sixth post down. Dude. First that poster was all "I've got a theory I think covers this, yada, I've never posted online before, yada..." so I'm thinking "Okay AS, let's hear it then!" So then she spills it and good God. For her sake, I'm glad she's not a regular poster online, because, in the words of Carrie's mother, "They're going to laugh at you!" I sure as hell did.

    These people, they were put under the national microscope for years. And I never saw one thing that pointed to them being some sexually perverse family that could kill their daughter and ram a paintbrush inside her. Sure it's possible. But what points to that? I haven't seen a single thing, even now, that points to them being capable of this. To say, "Oh, I think John was molesting her" -- that's a HUGE assumption to make! If he had EVER done anything that points at that, we'd sure know about it. We're not talking about speeding tickets, but raping his own daughter! I don't know how people can arrive at that with virtually zero evidence of it.

    It's absolutely just as possible that someone was in their house while they were at the party, lying in wait. Maybe they thought Christmas night would be a good time to rob it as well, there are usually a lot of expensive toys not yet put away on Christmas. I don't know why that's such a stretch. So the tablet used was from the house, well they would've had plenty of time to find the pen and pad and write the note while they waited.

    The Ramseys were 100% right in getting lawyers and they were 100% right not to talk to the police. As their lawyers likely told them, they are dealing with a PD that needs to solve this case. They're gonna take whatever they say and use it against them. Why say anything? They owe the Boulder P.D. nothing. They came in and botched the investigation; I wouldn't talk to them, either.

    And no, it's not, "If it were my child I'd talk to police and anyone to get to the bottom... wharrbegarble..." No, that's not how it works. Because if it were my child and the police DARED screw up the investigation and then try to frame ME because they couldn't figure out what else to do once they botched it, oh hell no. If such incompetents tried to implicate that I harmed the most important thing in my life, I'd be beyond pissed. And I'd talk to anyone I wanted to, but I wouldn't talk to rot like that. That's pretty much how they saw it, I think. And I don't blame them a bit.

    I don't know who killed that little girl, but the thing is, nobody else does, either. And I think it's wrong for people to start yelling about ridiculous things (fingerprints on a pineapple bowl, oh for God's sake) and accusing these people of doing terrible, just terrible things to their own daughter. Of course it's possible that she was molested by John or Burke (at nine years old, it's a stretch in my opinion, but hey, okay) but anything is possible. But seriously, it's just not probable and I cannot believe how many people are going there when there is zero evidence of that.

    After all this time under the microscope, if there was anything about the Ramseys to find, you can bet your ass it would have been found and shouted from the rooftops. It wasn't. I'd like to see this solved too, but hey, there's a reason the Ramseys weren't charged with murder: there was no evidence they were murderers.

    There is no evidence they were anything but good parents who's good judgement and life choices afforded them to provide well for their children. That's it. No mystery there. People can hate on them all they want; John got a good education and he worked hard so he had a lot of money. If he was able to afford to call a pilot to ready a plane to get them the hell out of there, I'm glad, because they didn't need to be hauled down to the police station (oh come on, that's exactly what would've happened to a poor person) for a 12-hour game of bad cop/worse cop.

    These people lost a six-year-old child who was, from every single thing I've seen, the absolute light of their lives. And that would be a nightmare, a veritable nightmare, for any parent. And because her killer wasn't sitting there beside her grinning, (well shudder...) and because the BPD farked up their investigation, the world gets to call these parents pedophiles? Capable of raping their own daughter, ffs? Really?

    I can understand people having theories; theories are fine. But when people start getting all excited and going, "Oh oh, and then this must've happened!" That just... what the hell? What did these people do that would warrant this? Such huge accusations and such little evidence! I so hope Patsy is resting in peace, I really do. Because God knows she wasn't allowed any on earth.
    My God!!! Someone who makes since. Noone knows what really happened there. I believe the killer is a stranger who broke into the house.

  41. #1541
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    17,454
    I wonder what his new wife is like?

  42. #1542
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I wonder what his new wife is like?
    I thought about that too, Mammy. I also wondered about their pillow talk, has she/will she ask him about it all? Or even if he has confessed anything to her.....

  43. #1543
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    262
    John Ramsey on Anderson RIGHT NOW! Talking about JonBenet and his ordeal.

  44. #1544
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I wonder what his new wife is like?
    You can bet your ass she doesn't eat pineapple or pee in the bed...
    My Posse's On Broadway

  45. #1545
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    17,454
    LMFAO, Shejay! That's a good one!

    I'm wondering why, after years and years of silence, John has decided to talk to anyone who will listen to him? Even though I also feel like he would have never said a word if Patsy was still alive, she has been dead for nearly six years. Does he have a book coming out or something?

  46. #1546
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    John's book came out March 14th. Its called The Other Side of Suffering: The Father of JonBenet Ramsey Tells the Story of His Journey from Grief to Grace

  47. #1547
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    17,454
    Duh, I even commented about it at the time. I sure feel stupid.

  48. #1548
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Duh, I even commented about it at the time. I sure feel stupid.
    Awww, no worries Mammy. Its all good. We have talked about so much stuff here its easy to forget.

    And, like you, I wonder about this new marriage of John's. Can you imagine? I would be full of questions.......did Patsy do it? Let's get him drunk and see what he has to say! lol

  49. #1549
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    17,454
    I would love to know about his new wife and how they met. I also would like to know about the relationship he had with Natalee Holloway's mom, Beth Twitty, and what happened to them? I wonder if John's new wife is a normal person or a frigging nut like Jeffrey McDonald's wife? I'm just loaded with nosy!

  50. #1550
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Heres a little blurb about John with a video. The new wife says "she really likes him......" Hmmmm, this isnt sounding good. We could really do some damage to this marriage.....lol

    http://www.andersoncooper.com/2012/0...or-the-future/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •