Thread: Edwin "Ned" Snelgrove

Edwin "Ned" Snelgrove

I just finished reading the book, "I'll be watching you" by M. William Phelps. The book is about convicted serial killer Ned Snelgrove. Ned was a intellect with a degree from Rutgers but as is the case with so many intellects, the obvious escapes him. Ned idolized Ted Bundy and studied his cases in an effort to improve upon and outdo Bundy. This case is interesting because it virtually slipped under the media radar (there isn't even a Wiki page on this guy). This guy killed his college girlfriend years after they broke up and attempted to kill another woman shortly therafter. He was caught when his second victim survived and he subsequently admitted to the murder of the first victim. He was sentenced to 20 years in NJ (shaking my head as I write that). Because of the laws in NJ, he only served 11 years and was released (no parole) despite having composed an 11 page letter to the judge outlining (in great detail) his crimes and the satisfaction he derived from them; stating that he "cannot control his urges" and would only be safe as long as he was locked up. Ned reasoned that if he admitted to everything and showed remorse, if he showed that he really wanted to get help; the judge would go easy on him (it worked in the first case but the letter came back to bite him in the second). He corresponded with an old friend while in prison in NJ and stated that when he was released he would "pick up where he left off". Ned wanted the friend to write a book (his story). As far as I can tell, the friend didn't turn the letters over to law enforcement until they learned of their existence and went to get them. When he handed them over he said, I want them back. (nice guy).

After his release, Ned went back to his native Connecticut and got a job as a frozen foods salesman. The company he worked for knew about his prior conviction but still hired him (they wanted to give him another chance at a normal life). This guy did his presentations in homes! The police believe he had a dead woman in his trunk during one presentation. Imagine: the guy standing in your living room selling you steaks has uncontrollable sexual impulses, a profound hatred of women and has been covicted of murder? After a couple of unsuccessful attempts at kidnapping and rape, he killed another woman. Throughout his trial, he never proclaimed his innocence but instead said "they didn't have enough evidence to prove I killed her". There are several open homicides that law enforcement believe Ned is responsible for. After reading the book, I can only say "Wow".

This guy should NEVER have been released from NJ and as a result of his release and his friends failure to alert someone of his future plans, this other woman lost her life. Here are some links that I found:

http://skcentral.com/news.php?readmore=215
    http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...649C8B63&fta=y

I'm having a tough, tough time digesting this.
    <a href=http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3176&dateline=1396157644 target=_blank>http://www.findadeath.com/forum/imag...ine=1396157644</a>
    Dr. Wigglesworth Hijacks Andy Griffith Broadcast via WPXC in Jacksonville, Florida --->
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9W4v7vNfFI&list=UU0Lga9ep13H65gs7nmwLdCQ

"Never go to bed with anger in your heart." ~ Seagorath

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    I'm having a tough, tough time digesting this.
    *snort*

I've never heard of this guy, thanks for posting this. Makes me feel a lot better about turning away that steak salesman who knocked on my door last week!
    Just drink lots of Kool-Aid, and take one of these blue pills three times a day.

You know you could write a wiki on him.
    Just sayin.
    Scott should start a FAD wiki.
    blondemafia is jealous of how hookery a hooker I am.

New Jersey (I have no idea how to fill my gas tank)
    Being an NJ resident, this surprises me. Our law enforcement isn't exactly known for leniency. Then again, we are extremely corrupt, apparently.
    "It must be obvious... that there is a contradiction in wanting to be perfectly secure in a universe whose very nature is momentariness and fluidity."

The book was okay. I didn't like the writer's style however, the story is just so damned unbelieveable. How the hell did this happen without it being all over the news?

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Castellano View Post
    *snort*

I've never heard of this guy, thanks for posting this. Makes me feel a lot better about turning away that steak salesman who knocked on my door last week!

I was just thinking the same thing!! The guy that came to my house looked creepy. I told him, "Sorry, no steaks needed. My husband likes to kill all the meat we eat here himself. He's a biiiig hunter!"

This made my day..I have been buying steaks and lobster from a place like this for years LOL The guy always comes in and chats..not anymore LOL

Quote Originally Posted by PJo View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing!! The guy that came to my house looked creepy. I told him, "Sorry, no steaks needed. My husband likes to kill all the meat we eat here himself. He's a biiiig hunter!"
    LOL I wish I'd thought to say that. I'll definitely use it next time.
    Just drink lots of Kool-Aid, and take one of these blue pills three times a day.

I knew that book sounded familiar! I have this site bookmarked (it appears to be going out of business darn it!) and the author wrote a piece about this case.

http://www.crimerant.com/?p=1719

Quote Originally Posted by bloodrocuted View Post
    Being an NJ resident, this surprises me. Our law enforcement isn't exactly known for leniency. Then again, we are extremely corrupt, apparently.
    you ain't never lied about jersey. they enjoy beating on people and locking ya ass up in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by PJo View Post
    LOL Nice one

The thought that a man in your home...on your PORCH could have a dead body in his truck...aw man. I'll never get to sleep. I never even open the door if Mr RaRa isn't home. If someone lingers on the porch my neighbor makes himself heard. Nice neighborhood.

You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess