Thread: Billy Paul

Billy Paul

Me and Mrs Jones singer has died.

Quote Originally Posted by cricket View Post
    Me and Mrs Jones singer has died.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Paul
    Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them--Matthew 7:12
    It still applies, some people today though seem to think that they should be treated with
    respect, consideration and courtesy while acting otherwise themselves.--JimC
    StarThrillerBrandonLee

Yet another artist in the soundtrack of my life gone =(

RIP

RIP........Note to ALL entertainers: Find a padded room and hide out for the rest of 2016, it apparently has it out for y'all!!!!!

I was involved with booking musical acts for a free four day music and food festival for quite a few years. Every year I kept bringing up Billy Paul as a performer to the others on the festival booking committee, and every time I was turned down. Finally I put my foot down and was able to book Billy. Not only did he bring out a huge crowd, he also blew everybody away musically. The women in the audience swooned and screamed non-stop. Billy turned out to be one of nicest people you'd ever meet - was great to both fans and festival workers, shaking hands and signing albums. He had a blast and was very surprised that people were so excited to meet him. R.I.P. and thanks for the great music and the great time.

His big hit was a great slow dance song. RIP.
    We say we waste time, but that is impossible. We waste ourselves....Alice Bloch