Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 350 of 547

Thread: Selena aka Subpoena

  1. #301
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brainerd, MN
    Posts
    313
    Sorry. I meant Subpoena.
    "Goddamn, sonofagun, get me a cheeseburger!"
    ---Layne Staley

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    What is DTSWNRWS?

    Uh yeah I was wondering the same thing...????
    I wish I could just hug you all... But I'm not gonna! Layne Staley (Unplugged and perfect)

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wherever the Merlot takes me ...
    Posts
    4,651
    Quote Originally Posted by LaynesGirl View Post
    Uh yeah I was wondering the same thing...????

    Dead Tejano Singer Whose Name Rhymes With Subpoena.

    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, I don't even pretend to know all the questions ... Hey, where am I?" -- Jack Handy




  4. #304
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,044
    Quote Originally Posted by ByrdSar View Post
    Sorry. I meant Subpoena.
    You are going to jail....
    My Posse's On Broadway

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brainerd, MN
    Posts
    313
    If they can catch me, Shejay....if they can catch me!
    "Goddamn, sonofagun, get me a cheeseburger!"
    ---Layne Staley

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3
    ok im new here to the forum but i knew about findadeath.com great site by the way

    but i am a BIG fan of Selena (or suboena or whatever you are calling her)

    i saw the pictures and i agree with some of the people when they say they are sad
    but they cant look away its just sad seeing your favorite person dead like that

  7. #307
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the labyrinth...
    Posts
    2,122
    Just saw her brother getting her portrait tatooed on his back in Miami Ink....beautiful work and beautiful girl. Never heard of her before I read about her on FAD... Her story is very sad - horrible way to go. And she seemed like she had alot a head of her

    Love is the answer - and you now that for sure.

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    2,581
    'i have desire of vomit'
    pull the string!

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,666
    Quote Originally Posted by hell0kitty View Post
    'i have desire of vomit'
    h-y-s-t-e-r-i-c-a-l

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    918
    I find myself thinking of her very often; just so damn sad.
    I can't believe how long it's been.
    “If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.” - Michael Jackson

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,768
    I remember hearing it on the radio while I was in a drive thru ordering lunch.I was like Salena who??I didn't hear her music until after her death.I at first thought they nmeant Celine Dion.

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,463
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    I remember hearing it on the radio while I was in a drive thru ordering lunch.I was like Salena who??I didn't hear her music until after her death.I at first thought they nmeant Celine Dion.
    If only we had been so lucky.
    Suck it.

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,768
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    If only we had been so lucky.

    Hahahaha...Thats not nice

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1

    Allegedly

    Quote Originally Posted by emeslovesheppy View Post
    Thanks for the tip. If anyone has pictures of selena in the morgue or pictures of the crime scene, Please email them to me. Thanks for your help! Scott is there any possibility that you might still have them? Please let me know!
    The pictures people keep referring to were not autopsy photos (no "Y" incision), but morgue photos taken by a crime scene technician at the morgue in the basement of Memorial Medical Center in Corpus Christi. They were later supposedly sold by that crime scene tech to a tabloid for ten thousand dollars, which the tech emphatically denied. Shortly after, he resigned. The murdered woman's father refused to allow a blood transfusion that would have saved her life based on religious beliefs. The father that sued for the unauthorized use of her image, alive or dead, was also "Charging" a fee for people to leave their condolences. She was a wonderful person to everyone she met. She never forgot where she came from. Her father was not of the same caliber. He will probably sue as long as he lives. I
    say all of this "allegedly" occurred because I have no desire to be involved in a legal battle. Just a bit of inside info.

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,768
    Why would you deny your precious daughter a chance of life? I say STUPID. If that was my daughter screw my religous beliefs is she can be helped.Moron.

  16. #316
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, CA, Currently in Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    3,992
    Actually, Selena did receive blood transfusions without the knowledge of her father. When Abraham Quintanilla found out he protested. However, it was too late and Selena died anyway.

    So, so sad. This is the only celeb death that actually got to me. I was just a young teen in junior high.



    There's no one better than Eddie Vedder! <3

  17. #317
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,044
    I have heard it both ways, that she did get a blood transfusion, but it was too late and that her Father did not allow it and that is why there was a falling out between him and her husband Chris. Does anyone know for sure which story is true? I have always just found it amazing that some people, 50 Cent for example can get shot 60+ times and live and Selena was shot in the shoulder and died almost immediately. I know I know, the whole main artery thing, but you have to admit even still, it's just strange and just plain unexplainable. (Is that a word?)
    My Posse's On Broadway

  18. #318
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    wyoming
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Raines View Post
    OMG! So kewl!! I'm fasinated! There a way I can get a full size of each pic?

  19. #319
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    I have heard it both ways, that she did get a blood transfusion, but it was too late and that her Father did not allow it and that is why there was a falling out between him and her husband Chris. Does anyone know for sure which story is true? I have always just found it amazing that some people, 50 Cent for example can get shot 60+ times and live and Selena was shot in the shoulder and died almost immediately. I know I know, the whole main artery thing, but you have to admit even still, it's just strange and just plain unexplainable. (Is that a word?)
    I would say she did get a blood transfusion. She was in no condition to refuse treatment herself, and being a married woman, if anyone else could deny treatment, it would be her husband, not her father. (see Terri Schiavo).

  20. #320
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,044
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatgrrl View Post
    I would say she did get a blood transfusion. She was in no condition to refuse treatment herself, and being a married woman, if anyone else could deny treatment, it would be her husband, not her father. (see Terri Schiavo).
    Ahhhhh that's true - didn't think about the Terri Schiavo scenerio - that make much more sense. It would be the hubby,but what if he was not there yet? In an emergency would Daddy be able to make decisions if hubby wasn't there? Not trying to be all technical, just really don't know and I am curious....
    My Posse's On Broadway

  21. #321
    By all accounts, S..... was a nice, beautiful, talented young lady. Can't say the same for her father. He and his cohorts are POS. IMO they have ruined the memory of her. Don't feel bad, Scott. You are not the only one Mr. Q has made trouble for.

  22. #322
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    Ahhhhh that's true - didn't think about the Terri Schiavo scenerio - that make much more sense. It would be the hubby,but what if he was not there yet? In an emergency would Daddy be able to make decisions if hubby wasn't there? Not trying to be all technical, just really don't know and I am curious....
    I don't think so. I think they'd probably stick to the legal next-of-kin making decisions, for fear of a lawsuit. Like if Daddy Q said no blood transfusion, S died, then Chris arrives and is distraught that more wasn't done to try to save S. Big lawsuit (even though that wouldn't bring her back).

  23. #323
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,971
    Ya know...This thread amazes me...I have now read it from beginning to end...I was not a fan...I don't really dig on pop music...I got SO tired of hearing about her...Yes, she was pretty, yes, she could sing, yes, it's a shame she died the way she did...BUT! If she were alive today...She would be old news...Everyone knows it...So in a sence...Her death has given her the fame that she and her father craved...

    When Alliya died...I was upset for her...She was young...Beautiful...And talented...Why isn't she immortalized like Selena...

    Whatever...

  24. #324
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    2,581
    Quote Originally Posted by hell0kitty View Post
    'i have desire of
    vomit'

    lmao yep!
    pull the string!

  25. #325
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    wyoming
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    Ya know...This thread amazes me...I have now read it from beginning to end...I was not a fan...I don't really dig on pop music...I got SO tired of hearing about her...Yes, she was pretty, yes, she could sing, yes, it's a shame she died the way she did...BUT! If she were alive today...She would be old news...Everyone knows it...So in a sence...Her death has given her the fame that she and her father craved...

    When Alliya died...I was upset for her...She was young...Beautiful...And talented...Why isn't she immortalized like Selena...

    Whatever...
    Alot of rock stars wouldn't be as famous as they are if they hadn't died.

  26. #326
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,044
    Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    Ya know...This thread amazes me...I have now read it from beginning to end...I was not a fan...I don't really dig on pop music...I got SO tired of hearing about her...Yes, she was pretty, yes, she could sing, yes, it's a shame she died the way she did...BUT! If she were alive today...She would be old news...Everyone knows it...So in a sence...Her death has given her the fame that she and her father craved...

    When Alliya died...I was upset for her...She was young...Beautiful...And talented...Why isn't she immortalized like Selena...

    Whatever...
    You know - totally understand where you are coming from, but without the "whatever" attitude. I didn't know too much about her and like most I didn't find interest until after she was gone. I think the biggest "diehard" fans are ones that live here in Texas. I'm sure there are some in other states too, but she was a "Texas Girl" and Tejano has a life of it's own around here. I am not hispanic, but living in Houston, I knew who she was, ya dig? I'm sure there are plenty of hardcore Alliyah's fans who feel the same way about her as do Supeona fans. I'm sure in Alliyah's hometown, there are plenty of RIP Tshirts floating around. Maybe the manner of death could be a factor too - the story itself is an outrageous one. Shot to death by a "friend", not an everyday occurance. Yes a plane crash it TERRIBLE and and a HORRIBLE accident, but the OMG factor is a little different. This is just MHO - I TOTALLY agree with you about her name making more money on her death yadda yadda yadda, but that is just how it goes. I'm sure HE was/is a jerkwad, but nonetheless the loss of a child is there. I agree with cutie242008 - lots of peeps that "die too young" are immortalized (sp).... I mean I think James Dean was hot and all, but if you watch the 3 movies he did, is acting wasn't Oscar worthy ya know.... Thats just one example....
    My Posse's On Broadway

  27. #327
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    You know - totally understand where you are coming from, but without the "whatever" attitude. I didn't know too much about her and like most I didn't find interest until after she was gone. I think the biggest "diehard" fans are ones that live here in Texas. I'm sure there are some in other states too, but she was a "Texas Girl" and Tejano has a life of it's own around here. I am not hispanic, but living in Houston, I knew who she was, ya dig? I'm sure there are plenty of hardcore Alliyah's fans who feel the same way about her as do Supeona fans. I'm sure in Alliyah's hometown, there are plenty of RIP Tshirts floating around. Maybe the manner of death could be a factor too - the story itself is an outrageous one. Shot to death by a "friend", not an everyday occurance. Yes a plane crash it TERRIBLE and and a HORRIBLE accident, but the OMG factor is a little different. This is just MHO - I TOTALLY agree with you about her name making more money on her death yadda yadda yadda, but that is just how it goes. I'm sure HE was/is a jerkwad, but nonetheless the loss of a child is there. I agree with cutie242008 - lots of peeps that "die too young" are immortalized (sp).... I mean I think James Dean was hot and all, but if you watch the 3 movies he did, is acting wasn't Oscar worthy ya know.... Thats just one example....
    Amen on the James Dean sister...

  28. #328
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,044
    Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    Amen on the James Dean sister...
    Wheewwwwww! LOL! I thought I was gonna get pounded for the James Dean comment for sure!! I was ready though! =) I mean really, he was hot and cute and mysterious, but that was about it really. It's the whole "tragedy" scenerio that pulls people in.
    Not making light of it my "die hard JD Fans" it was very tragic and sad, he was young, but he was no Chuck Norris!
    My Posse's On Broadway

  29. #329
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    824
    I absolutely adored Selena. I am puerto rican, and when I was younger, I also espired to be a singer. I saw how talented she was, and how dedicated she was to her fans. She inspired me to follow my dreams. here I am, years later, with a degree in music and composition.

    The day she died, I mourned her death, I mourned for her family, her friends, and for such an accomplished singer to have passed like that, it just leaves me feeling sad.

  30. #330
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    wyoming
    Posts
    535

  31. #331
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    758
    I live about 10 miles from her birthplace (Lake Jackson) so her death was a HUGE deal around here. I did see her play once at the Mosquito Fest (yes, we have a friggin' fest for Mosquitoes), but since I don't speak Spanish, the whole performance was lost on me. She did have an excellent voice though and she seemed very nice. Her dad on the other hand....he's a piece of work.

    Funny thing about the slab pictures. They actually sold the tabloid (The Globe) with them in it in my area very briefly. Almost as soon as they were put out, they were pulled because someone found them offensive or something. I walked in the store just as some lady was pulling them down. I ran over and grabbed one out of her basket and made a mad dash for the register. My mom thought I was nuts, but I just had to own 'em. I still have them too.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

  32. #332
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,768
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneticElectric View Post
    I live about 10 miles from her birthplace (Lake Jackson) so her death was a HUGE deal around here. I did see her play once at the Mosquito Fest (yes, we have a friggin' fest for Mosquitoes), but since I don't speak Spanish, the whole performance was lost on me. She did have an excellent voice though and she seemed very nice. Her dad on the other hand....he's a piece of work.

    Funny thing about the slab pictures. They actually sold the tabloid (The Globe) with them in it in my area very briefly. Almost as soon as they were put out, they were pulled because someone found them offensive or something. I walked in the store just as some lady was pulling them down. I ran over and grabbed one out of her basket and made a mad dash for the register. My mom thought I was nuts, but I just had to own 'em. I still have them too.

    Good! For You! That's the Spirit!

    I didn't even know who she was until she died..

  33. #333
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Surrey, BC
    Posts
    828
    Back in January 1998, her film story was one of the first DVDs available. It was everywhere. That's how I came to know her.

  34. #334
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank 'N' Howie View Post
    Ya know...This thread amazes me...I have now read it from beginning to end...I was not a fan...I don't really dig on pop music...I got SO tired of hearing about her...Yes, she was pretty, yes, she could sing, yes, it's a shame she died the way she did...BUT! If she were alive today...She would be old news...Everyone knows it...So in a sence...Her death has given her the fame that she and her father craved...

    When Alliya died...I was upset for her...She was young...Beautiful...And talented...Why isn't she immortalized like Selena...

    Whatever...

    Maybe with those that have died like Alliya it will be a few years before they are really widely known. With James Dean he was not huge until after he had died and his movies came out. I think that the combination of the two really made him huge. But others have become big years after they died. I do agree with you, she was beautiful and talented. I loved Selena when she first crossed over into pop. Was sad when she was murdered but with the release of the movie it just made her bigger.


  35. #335
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    With Noddy and Big Ears
    Posts
    300
    I got that DVD of her life when she was played by J Ho *ahem* J Lo. Surprisingly it was good. It was really sad in the end when that song was playing and it showed the real Selena. I think it's sad the way she ended up dead just as she was starting to make it big in North America. The killer Saldívar has requested that the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals review a petition that challenges her conviction. She claims the petition was filed in 2000 with the 214th District Court but was never sent to the higher court. Her request was received on March 31, 2008, the 13th anniversary of Selena's death.

  36. #336
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,718
    Quote Originally Posted by InBruges View Post
    I got that DVD of her life when she was played by J Ho *ahem* J Lo. Surprisingly it was good. It was really sad in the end when that song was playing and it showed the real Selena. I think it's sad the way she ended up dead just as she was starting to make it big in North America. The killer Saldívar has requested that the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals review a petition that challenges her conviction. She claims the petition was filed in 2000 with the 214th District Court but was never sent to the higher court. Her request was received on March 31, 2008, the 13th anniversary of Selena's death.

    How the hell can she challenge her conviction??! Selena actually stated before she died who her killer was, Saldivar confessed more than just once that she did it... what is there to challenge? Sometimes our court system really pisses me off.


  37. #337
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,659
    Today is the 14th anniversary of her death.

  38. #338
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    3,487
    RIP Selena.

  39. #339
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The always sunny Tampa Bay area of Florida, USA baby!!
    Posts
    2,207
    Thinking of you today Selena. Rest in peace.

  40. #340
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,273
    14 years already? Man!

  41. #341
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,207
    Jennifer Lopez did a wonderful job as Selena!


  42. #342
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    585
    I only heard about 'Supoena' because of the film. Love 'I could fall in love'. What a beautiful song! She would have been huge. Wonder if JLo would have been too if 'Supoena' had been around?

  43. #343
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Idunno
    Posts
    25,910
    What is it about the 31st of a month? Selena and Brandon Lee died on March 31st--he in 1993 and she in 1995--and River Phoenix died October 31st of 1993.

    RIP Selena.
    Do not knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that.

    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16


  44. #344
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    980
    Terri Schiavo also died on 3/31, in 2005.

    Other relatively famous 31st day deaths:

    May:
    1997 - Rosie Will Monroe, WW II icon (Rosie the riveter), dies at 76
    August:
    1888 - Mary Ann Nicholls, a 42-year-old prostitute, was found stabbed to death in London, 1st of at least five murders by Jack the Ripper
    October:
    1926 - Harry Houdini, [Erich Weisz], US magician, dies in Detroit
    December:
    1985 - Rick Nelson, singer/actor (Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet), dies at 45
    1993 - Brandon Teena, Transsexual, murdered (b. 1972)
    1997 - Michael Kennedy, son of Robert Kennedy, dies in ski accident at 39


    The site is http://www.historyorb.com/deaths-on-this-day.php and it has a TON of listings, I just grabbed the ones that caught my eye as people I'd definitely heard of. Maybe some of the natural deaths are people "letting go" at the end of a month, nice and tidy-like. The murders and accidents, though...dunno.

  45. #345
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13
    I have felt this since I first heard of her. The fact that Abraham continued pushing his son and remaining daughter to continue the business is proof..The movie was also an attempt to make more money off of her.
    As a father of a very beautiful girl, I think my first inclination after her death would be to just stop the whole music business. Heck with the fans.

  46. #346
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Idunno
    Posts
    25,910
    Quote Originally Posted by donaldshelton View Post
    I have felt this since I first heard of her. The fact that Abraham continued pushing his son and remaining daughter to continue the business is proof..The movie was also an attempt to make more money off of her.
    As a father of a very beautiful girl, I think my first inclination after her death would be to just stop the whole music business. Heck with the fans.
    Yeah, but you aren't a greedy son of a bitch.
    Do not knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that.

    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16


  47. #347
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    541
    Rip selena

    "Hi"

  48. #348
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,044
    Wow - 14 years doesn't seem that long ago!! I was one of those who found out more about her after her death. I mean, I had seen her in concert at the rodeo in Houston and I knew a few of her songs just because I grew up in a Vato Loco hood here in Houston =), but I still remember where I was when I heard she had been shot. Here in Houston, things went crazy - headlights were on for about two weeks and that was all that was in the papers and in the news. It was a vert tragic story. She was a beautiful woman with a beautiful voice. I'm sure the hardcore fans still light candles on this day. You can imagine how many 13/14 year old girls who are running around H-Town today named Selena... =) RIP Sweet Selena.....
    My Posse's On Broadway

  49. #349
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by InBruges View Post
    Her request was received on March 31, 2008, the 13th anniversary of Selena's death.
    Wow, that's like adding insult to injury.

    The movie Selena is on TV right now. I'd forgotten about the anniversary of her death. Fourteen years is a while. I hadn't heard of her until after she died, having lived in the north all my life. I have to wonder how successful her English crossover would've been, had she lived. I have to admit I'm a little skeptical. I think "I Could Fall In Love" and "Dreaming Of You" were a little weak for lead off singles, and I don't personally feel they would not have done much on the charts (at least not outside the South)... but *shrug*... we'll never know.
    It's interesting to speculate. I think she could've very successfully crossed over, but I don't think it would've happened overnight.

    It's that old pre-destiny thing again... had Selena not died, maybe Jennifer Lopez would never have gotten her big break. I strongly believe it was pre-planned that way. Selena decided she'd go at that particular time, so Jennifer could have that opportunity. It was planned while they were in spirit form, before they even came here. Everything happens as it should. Even if it looks like an "accident" or "coincidence."

    Just my belief.
    ~~Shyla

  50. #350
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cheesehead Country
    Posts
    2,015
    This is the song written and performed by Chris Perez, Selenas husband, for her. It really is a very beautiful song!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE-VeTrZSSA
    Last edited by SassyMonkey719; 04-03-2009 at 09:47 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •