Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast

Thread: Dorothy Stratten

Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    Thats awesome! Thats good money. Thank you.
    anytimedoll

The "Real House Wife's of Hollywood" hosted a domestic violence awareness dinner in honor of Dorothy Stratten in last month (3/12). A lot of people seem upset that her named was used in the event, but Paul Sinder, that snake, was still Dorothy's husband. I don't see anything wrong with using her name as long as her family approves. Maybe somebody can help me out here and post the link to the site for the dinner. What do the rest of you think?

Quote Originally Posted by salvatore1989 View Post
    The "Real House Wife's of Hollywood" hosted a domestic violence awareness dinner in honor of Dorothy Stratten in last month (3/12). A lot of people seem upset that her named was used in the event, but Paul Sinder, that snake, was still Dorothy's husband. I don't see anything wrong with using her name as long as her family approves. Maybe somebody can help me out here and post the link to the site for the dinner. What do the rest of you think?
    http://stoopidhousewives.com/2012/03...lter-tomorrow/
    this is why some folks r upset....many believe that Taylor is a liar for one she sold pics to TMZ pics of her supposed battered and bruised face resulting from an altercation w/ her then husband Russel Armstrong he committed suicide last summer after Bravo threatened to fire her bc Russel was going to sue Camile Grammer for telling ppl what Taylor told her which was about the abuse in the Armstrong marriage..so the puffer-fish Taylor filed for divorce in hopes of staying in the cast of RHWBH and he hung himself like 2-3 weeks later...I believe she is full of shit
    http://telewatcher.com/telewatching/...ies-and-guise/
    Last edited by dstrattenfan; 04-10-2012 at 06:41 PM.

I was watching "Jesus Christ Superstar" and I noticed that the character of King Herod was played by Josh Mostel. He's the same actor that played the private detective in "Star 80".

I love her E!THS... I watch it I taped as much as I can.

I love her E!THS... I watch it I taped as much as I can.
    Did anyone else catch the blooper? start around 7:15-8:08
    Last edited by dstrattenfan; 04-30-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Sunday Aug 12, 1980 Dorothy to visit the Playboy Mansion the first time? Yeah, that annoys me every time I watch it.

Sunday Aug 12, 1980 Dorothy to visit the Playboy Mansion the first time? Yeah, that annoys me every time I watch it.
    me to ARGGGGG

I have a big problem with using her name in association with domestic violence. It gives the impression that the only ones who count are celebrities. Most victims of domestic violence are not famous or affluent.

And another thing while I am on a rant I have had it with these celebrity dinner/get togethers/ fund raisers. To me it is just a PR move to give celebrities publicity and the illusion they are so compassionate. If people want to really help how about skipping the dinners and just donate the money and the time?

As for Dorothy's family they were pretty much wackjobs. At least a lot of people in Vancouver thought so.

Thanks for allowing me that rant.

Quote Originally Posted by pwem View Post
    As for Dorothy's family they were pretty much wackjobs. At least a lot of people in Vancouver thought so.
    interesting do tell? I haven't really heard any stories that were like really strange...Ok like Nelly taking of to Europe and leaving Louise there in Vancouver when was around 10 was strange to me but Im southern so....Also many like to make it out like Simon her dad was never around her or John but I have spoke w/ a few family members that said no Simon lived near Dorothy, she visited him quite often...I was told Nelly and her BF's (Simon included) enjoyed the drink...u certainly have peaked my curiosity

That's what I heard as well. A lot of drinking going on. Three damaged kids came out of that household.

I've often wondered... why is Dorothy Stratten in 'other notable figures' and not 'actors' section.....

I've often wondered... why is Dorothy Stratten in 'other notable figures' and not 'actors' section.....
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    From the FAQ again for you John:

She was best known for and most successful at being a Playboy Playmate (Hello Star80.). That's why she was put back here after a very short stint in A&A, which was just the result of a merging error.
    here u go PYT

Quote Originally Posted by dstrattenfan View Post
    here u go PYT
    Oh of course.. thank you! Much appreciated.

Oh of course.. thank you! Much appreciated.
    anytime

Look: Dorothy Stratten & Patrick Swayze in Skatetown USA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tngxakh7XOo

I love Skatetown USA. I wish it were on DVD.

I came across a movie fan site with articles about pass actresses like Sharon Tate and Dorothy Stratten. The site had a lot of information that I had never read before and it was a good read.------Thepinksmoke.com

The thing about Dorothy Stratten is she was a woman-child; so young, innocent & naieve (even though that can be an insult), she was very smart in fact I wouldn't say she was naieve at all. Today however, women who are (at least from my experience) innocent & 'child-like' its different; people just assume & think that your an idiot or immature or stupid or something if a woman was as "fresh" as she was. People respond quite differently. Again I'm speaking from experience as I've seen.

Man have times changed.

Lots of smart women get themselves into relationships with abusive (both mentally and physically ) douchebags. They try to isolate you from friends and family. Isolation is key for them to start their mental games with you. You get turned around and start questioning yourself. Next thing you know, you find yourself putting up with things you would never dreamed. They make you question everything about yourself. Everything wrong is your fault. Even after you get away from them, you have to be careful never to speak to them because they start trying to rope you back in. You can't be nice or civil with them. The only solution is to get away from them and their family/friends.

From all readings, Dorthy had a kind heart. Paul made her feel guilty like she owed him something.

STARLIGHT80 - new song by The Era (80s synthpop) Inspired by the cult movie Galaxina
    tumblr_m57nabLEN71rvbxnu_1339010724_cover.jpg

I keep hoping to see Dorothy on 'Dallas' ; I've started watching the '77 show since it re-aired on TNT. I think Dorothy would have been perfect for a part in. If Sharon Tate was around, I keep thinking I'd see a special guest appearance from her too.

I totally for got but yesterday was peter bogdonavich's bday he turned *cough* 74

33 years ago today and angel was lost

..•*`*•. ☆ .•*`*•. ♥ .•*`*•. ☆ .•*`*•......
    ....●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ In Memory of Dorothy Stratten Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●....
    ........✿•*`*•. (`v) (`v) .•*`*•✿............
    ........ . . ✿•*`*•.(`v).•*`*•✿​ . . ...........
    ...........♥♥.*•. ☆ .•*``•..•`*•. ☆ .•*.♥♥.............
    ♥Forever in our hearts♥

32 years ago today an angel was lost

..*`*. ☆ .*`*. ♥ .*`*. ☆ .*`*......
    ....●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ In Memory of Dorothy Stratten Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●....
    ........✿*`*. (`v) (`v) .*`*✿............
    ........ . . ✿*`*.(`v).*`*✿​ . . ...........
    ......♥♥.*. ☆ .*``..`*. ☆ .*.♥♥.............
    ...............♥Forever in our hearts♥.....................

August the 14th is truly a sad day for
    us Dorothy Stratten fans.

Who still to this day remember when
    she was killed.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

32 years correct?? RIP

I also want to encourage people to visit www.dorothystratten.com - there are NEW updates.

32 years correct?? RIP

I also want to encourage people to visit www.dorothystratten.com - there are NEW updates.
    Yes mama 1980-2012 Steve's website had its 12 anniversary yesterday as well he's the best if I find anything new I go right to him so he can add it to the site....But a special thank u goes out to my main man Topaz <3 u topz

I kind of wish, just out of respect for Dorothy, she had been buried in her home of Canada. But then I am thinking of this now, her ex-husband is buried there so maybe a good idea to have Dorothy here where she (still) is far far away from him. (???) I kind of wish her real last name was used instead of 'Stratten' though too.

DOROTHY WEBSITE UPDATE

Hi D Fans,

There is an art exhibition coming up in Vancouver. It features a strange and interesting type of art. It seems the artist takes magazine pictures of Dorothy and folds them into Origami figures. Below is a link to the website to learn more:
    http://www.satellitegallery.ca/future.html

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by dstrattenfan View Post
    DOROTHY WEBSITE UPDATE

Hi D Fans,

There is an art exhibition coming up in Vancouver. It features a strange and interesting type of art. It seems the artist takes magazine pictures of Dorothy and folds them into Origami figures. Below is a link to the website to learn more:
    http://www.satellitegallery.ca/future.html

Steve

Dammit you beat me to it! lol.... I loved the picture!

Its not there anymore, it says to be announced...
    ​"I wish I could just hug you all, but I'm not gonna."

~Layne Staley

I swear ONLY on this and the Laci Peterson thread am I ever truely first on anything well also the Ryan Dunn thread but ppl have beat me a few times lol

I just Love Dorothy Stratten! I've been trying to find Star80 to watch but can't find it anywhere!

~Layne Staley

http://www.ovguide.com/star-80-9202a...000000001fdfca
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    I just Love Dorothy Stratten! I've been trying to find Star80 to watch but can't find it anywhere!
    here u go

thanks!

~Layne Staley

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    thanks!
    No prob if u need anything else let me know always eager to help a D fan out

I wish Playboy would come out with another Dorothy Stratten edition like they did for Jenny McCarthy. Old photos would be ok.

My latest drawing. My sister inspired me to do one of Dorothy
    Last edited by Shannon; 10-10-2012 at 07:04 PM.

I wish Playboy would come out with another Dorothy Stratten edition like they did for Jenny McCarthy. Old photos would be ok.
    Me too. Maybe on her birthday do a special edition with never before published Playboy pictures I know are out there. There is this one poster, picture shop in LA that has them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    My latest drawing. My sister inspired me to do one of Dorothy
    BADASS!!!!!!!!!! if u submit it to Steve the owner of ds.com he will add it and give u credit for ur work hes a real nice fella been my friend for years

Oh cool! Thank you

She was one beautiful women, and that was just looking on the outside.

That would be cool. She was so pretty, and all real too.

~Layne Staley

I've always wondered... what proof is out there that Peter B wanted so much to have Louise look like Dorothy? And the alleged surgeries??? Is there pictures, before & after? Did Louise actually say that he was trying to make her look like Dorothy? I find it odd to believe unless I knew for sure. Post pictures perhaps...?

I've always wondered... what proof is out there that Peter B wanted so much to have Louise look like Dorothy? And the alleged surgeries??? Is there pictures, before & after? Did Louise actually say that he was trying to make her look like Dorothy? I find it odd to believe unless I knew for sure. Post pictures perhaps...?
    I used to have the people magazine that had the article when she married peter. A friend of Louise said that she had her jaw broken and wired shut and her nose looked more like Dorothys. The article came out in early January of 1989 if I remember right and had before and after pictures. I lost the magazine during my divorce I've been a huge Dorothy fan since the mid eighties. I've spent the last few hours reading this thread from the beginning and her death still makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne67 View Post
    I used to have the people magazine that had the article when she married peter. A friend of Louise said that she had her jaw broken and wired shut and her nose looked more like Dorothys. The article came out in early January of 1989 if I remember right and had before and after pictures. I lost the magazine during my divorce I've been a huge Dorothy fan since the mid eighties. I've spent the last few hours reading this thread from the beginning and her death still makes me sad.
    Thank you I do appreciate it. I was watching, am, her on Carson & I love her dress. Anyone know what happened to her wardrobe?? It was all sent to her mother??? Love the white dress.
    So was so humble on Carson Show which btw, anyone I have another question I read in Killing of Unicorn, she was disgusted by Johnny.... I was like ummmmm wtf. Johnny Carson was a complete gentleman, so I wonder what happened before the show. (??)

I have the book and have read it many times. I think a lot of the book is Peters side and what he thought and felt. Dorothy is no longer here and I truly feel that Peter is as much to blame for her death as anyone. I feel that Dorothy as young as she was felt that everyone one wanted a piece of her and at her age I have no doubt that her relationship with Peter would have taken it's course. There is a part in the book that makes me sad. Dorothy was at Peters house....a few days to a week before she was murdered and he was talking about another movie he wanted to make and have her star in it. She cried no and appeared frightened. Peter was a manipulator or what I call a bottom feeder. A older man that can spot insecurity and play on it. Her story changed my whole way of thinking and opened my eyes to a lot. May she rest in peace.