Page 1 of 11 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Sons of Anarchy

Sons of Anarchy

Is anyone else watching Sons of Anarchy on FX? I LOVE this show. It's the biker's Sopranos. Charlie Hunnam plays Jax and he's hot in a biker bad- boy kind of way. Katey Sagal (Peg Bundy) plays Jax' Mother and she looks pretty hot! She's pretty devious too. Ron Perlman (Hellboy) plays Katey's husband (Jax' Stepfather) and he's President of the club. He's a really rotten guy! Drea DeMatteo (Adrianne from the Sopranos - CRISTAFUH) plays an even bigger waste of flesh in her part as Jax' ex-wife/junkie) The rest of the cast are recognizable from other shows/movies and they do a great job of supporting the main characters. If you get the chance to watch it, it's on Wednesday Nights at 10 on FX and doesn't interfere with GhostHunters! This show is a winner!
    I am the quintessential thread killer

My BF loooves it. I wanted to watch it, but I work Wednesday nights.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Tami and I love this show. Katey Segal is WONDERFUL as the biker mama. This is a great show!

I started watching for Mitch Pileggi(though I hate his character). And as much as I hated Katey Sagal as Peg Bundy, I love her as Gemma - - she's scary! And here's the thing with me and Ron Perlman: I like him if he's in makeup. Loved him as Vincent in Beauty and the Beast and Hellboy. Out of makeup, not so much. Although he is tolerable as Clay in SoA.

Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    Tami and I love this show. Katey Segal is WONDERFUL as the biker mama. This is a great show!
    Isn't she??? I think I'm going to do a Gemma makeover on myself. Hubby might like the change. <off to practice my smirk>

Hubby and I LOVE this show!! Great characters!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sphr798 View Post
    Is anyone else watching Sons of Anarchy on FX? I LOVE this show. It's the biker's Sopranos. Charlie Hunnam plays Jax and he's hot in a biker bad- boy kind of way. Katey Sagal (Peg Bundy) plays Jax' Mother and she looks pretty hot! She's pretty devious too. Ron Perlman (Hellboy) plays Katey's husband (Jax' Stepfather) and he's President of the club. He's a really rotten guy! Drea DeMatteo (Adrianne from the Sopranos - CRISTAFUH) plays an even bigger waste of flesh in her part as Jax' ex-wife/junkie) The rest of the cast are recognizable from other shows/movies and they do a great job of supporting the main characters. If you get the chance to watch it, it's on Wednesday Nights at 10 on FX and doesn't interfere with GhostHunters! This show is a winner!
    Thanks! I don't usually watch TV, but I'm watching this.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

So I googled Jax and found an interview in which he sounded like he was from Boston and I was all like, eh kinda greasy and funny accent, whatever (no offense to Bostonians intended! I live in the South where ridonk accents abound). Then I found another where he is really English and I was all like, hmm, he's really cute.

I am such a hypocrite.

It's on tonight. I can't wait. There was a repeat of last week's episode last night. Gemma looked at this biker's swastika and made a remark about it and how she bet all the Jewish doctors that were caring for his terminally ill Mother must love it. He said that he remembered that she had "a little Jew in her" and she said, "Yeah, on the angry Russian side". Then she got up and super sarcastically said, "I'm off to catch the express to Auschwitz" God, she's such a bitch in this. I love it!

Oh, and at the carnival she asked her husband as they were approaching the fun house if he wanted to go in and she'd give him a hand job and he said "no, I already had one" and she replied, Yeah, but this time it will be my hand." Peg's all grown up <wipes tear from eye>

Quote Originally Posted by Sphr798 View Post
    It's on tonight. I can't wait. There was a repeat of last week's episode last night. Gemma looked at this biker's swastika and made a remark about it and how she bet all the Jewish doctors that were caring for his terminally ill Mother must love it. He said that he remembered that she had "a little Jew in her" and she said, "Yeah, on the angry Russian side". Then she got up and super sarcastically said, "I'm off to catch the express to Auschwitz" God, she's such a bitch in this. I love it!

Oh, and at the carnival she asked her husband as they were approaching the fun house if he wanted to go in and she'd give him a hand job and he said "no, I already had one" and she replied, Yeah, but this time it will be my hand." Peg's all grown up <wipes tear from eye>
    I *love* Gemma! And I never thought I'd say that about any Katey Sagal character. And Mitch Pileggi, the biker with the swastika, is a big crush from my X Files days(Skinner). Not liking his character on here, though.

I watch and I LOVE.
    “You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.”

This sounds good! Will try, thanks for the recommendation...

I am totally addicted to this show. I have owned a motorcycle of one type or another since 1969 and my partner and I still ride.
    I have always had outlaw friends and I loved them dearly. You just needed to have clear expectations and watch your self.
    Many of them died as they lived, in a bike wreck, substance abuse or other effects from their lifestyle. There is a saying, there are old riders and bold riders but no old bold riders.
    They can be loyal to a fault and lots of fun to hang out with but they are skating on the hairy edge of scary. As a woman who was riding her own motorcycle and not hanging on to the back of some guy in the 70s they were like riding with big friendly pit bulls.
    The series seems pretty true to the folks I knew.
    The woman are as tough and strong as the men in there own way. Very cool!
    Love those bad boys!
    Regards,
    Mary

I've been watching for about three weeks--since I read this thread--and it is sooo good.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    My BF loooves it. I wanted to watch it, but I work Wednesday nights.
    If you have comcast digital you can watch it on demand, I rarely catch it the night it's on.

I too am hooked.

OMG... just watched the last episode last night!!!! Woah!
    Katey Segal does rock pretty hard!

I can't wait to see what happens in the finale. (I watch on Hulu as opposed to real tv 'cause I don't know what channel FX is and I can't be bothered.)

I am kinda wishy washy on Jax/Tara but Wendy-omg no. Tara just seems, eh.

Quote Originally Posted by ad nauseam View Post
    I can't wait to see what happens in the finale. (I watch on Hulu as opposed to real tv 'cause I don't know what channel FX is and I can't be bothered.)

I am kinda wishy washy on Jax/Tara but Wendy-omg no. Tara just seems, eh.
    F/X is channel 31 via Charter.

I love it Ron Pearlman and Katie Segal are hawt. Jax and Tara are ok.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town

Hubby and I both love this show.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    F/X is channel 31 via Charter.

I love it Ron Pearlman and Katie Segal are hawt. Jax and Tara are ok.
    i have comcast but you are a peach

Absolutely cannot wait until the finale. I wonder if Clay is going to try to pin it all on Tig. Gemma is definitely the best character on it, gotta love Katey Segal.

I'm sad that tomorrow night's the finale! I'm so addicted to this, and I have a huge thing for Chibs(Tommy Flanagan). There's the Scottish accent, and the scars - - sad story, though - - they're real(from Wiki):

In his early years, Flanagan worked as a painter, decorator, and disc jockey. He received distinctive scars similar in shape to a Glasgow smile on his face after a mugging that almost left him dead. Once recovered, Flanagan saw no way of returning to his old life and, at the urging of his friends and wife, took up acting.

And am I not paying attention, or did Gemma have a scar on her chest and now she doesn't? Or are they hiding it? That means Abel, and Tommy's, heart defect came from Gemma, right? Is Jax really Clay's son?

BTW, Tig scares me. A lot. Even before he killed *****.
    Last edited by madeline; 11-25-2008 at 06:23 PM.

Crap, I don't know how I missed this! I wouldn't miss Ghost Hunters, but this woulda been good too. Maybe I can catch up on DVDs?
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

So, it's channel 47! Yay!

on right now

""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy

Ok I just watched it on Fancast (S.O was talking to me during the episode so I turned it off ) and OMG great ending.

Anyone else notice "Patmos" on the tomb that Jax was passed out upon? Revelations, Patmos, where all was revealed to John? Great archetypal elements.

Is SAMCRO going to branch off? Who is going to kill Tig? Will he off himself out of guilt? Oh, and Tara putting Jax's vest on at the funeral, she's accepted it and is Gemma's successor? What do you guys think???

Ok I just watched it on Fancast (S.O was talking to me during the episode so I turned it off ) and OMG great ending.

Anyone else notice "Patmos" on the tomb that Jax was passed out upon? Revelations, Patmos, where all was revealed to John? Great archetypal elements.

Is SAMCRO going to branch off? Who is going to kill Tig? Will he off himself out of guilt? Oh, and Tara putting Jax's vest on at the funeral, she's accepted it and is Gemma's successor? What do you guys think???
    It was a great finale. Piney, who I've never been all that fond of, *rocked* in this ep, even though he used the N word way too much.

And how cool was using "John the Revalator" at the end?

We know Clay and Tig will be on one side, and Jax and Piney on the other. Bobby will probably go with Clay, and Opie with Jax, but how will the others choose? I would like to see Chibs and Juice go with Jax, but I'm not sure if they will. Half Sack - - who knows?

And it looks like Tara *is* going to stay with Jax, though I would find it hard to trust her again.

On a side note, I didn't like Unser much at all until the "Better Half" ep. He really made me laugh, voting at the table, and saying how Happy seemed like a nice guy. And how cool was the Gemma/Stahl scene in the grocery store? That was great.

Mad, that was cool. I loved that version of it as well.

"We fight because we believe". Great epitaph.

I hope they don't kill off Tig. He is one of my favorite charcters. Remember he is the Sergeant at Arms, the alpha protector and enforcer in a circle of very violent men. He is flawed and a creature of his past but the club is his family and Clay is his father more than to Jax.
    It is based on Hamlet and Ophelia did not fare well there so Tara is in for a rough ride.
    I don't think they will split off but I think Clay will definately be looking over his shoulder. I read a great article by the creators of the series. They are the folks that did the Shield.
    They did a pilot with Scott Glen in the Clay roll and it just didn't work. I like Scott Glen but I think you need that larger than life look that Ron Pearlman has.
    Also they only signed Opie for three episodes and Jax was supposed to kill him as his full committment to the club. The big pivotal moment but Opie became such an interesting character they totally rewrote the rest of the season's episodes. I love the character but I am so sorry that they killed off Donna. In her own way she was as strong as Gemma. She kept her family together and she stood by her man when all was said and done. I think Gemma respected her.
    The big question I am mulling over is What really happened to John Teller? and why did Clay call him a coward?
    I ride and I have always had friends that were in clubs. They were great guys for the most part but when something went south with them there were no boundries. Look out!
    The same article said the creators have gotten death threats from a couple of clubs.
    Te funniest thing in the article was how much Ron Pearlman has struggled learning to ride a motorcycle. He took a ton of lessons but has had a few close calls during the filming and is really gun shy now.
    I can't wait for next season. I just hope they can keep up the level of action and interest.
    Regards,
    Mary

I only read half of this thread as I thought there might be some spoilers involved. I have watched the first four episodes and I thought it was pretty good. I then stoppped watching it due to not having the time. Does the show get better? I am hoping it may get me over the loss of The Shield.

This sounds like it could be good. Not currently on Comcast's on demand here, though -- I'll check out Hulu.
    "When my species comes to rule this planet,
    your name will be on the protected rolls,
    and you will come to no harm."

The Occasionally Worthwhile Ramblings of a Sometimes Outraged Mind

Quote Originally Posted by WriterDude View Post
    This sounds like it could be good. Not currently on Comcast's on demand here, though -- I'll check out Hulu.
    Hey WriterDude.. Could you tell me what Hulu is please.

Even better, here's a link:

Hulu -- full episodes of many shows, free.
    "When my species comes to rule this planet,
    your name will be on the protected rolls,
    and you will come to no harm."

The Occasionally Worthwhile Ramblings of a Sometimes Outraged Mind

Most of the season's shows are on the FX web site as well. I sneak on and rewatch my favorites.
    Sigh the charm of 1%ers. Got to love those bad boys!
    regards,
    Mary

Hubby and I LOVE this show. He's drawn to these kinds of shows because he used to be a bad boy biker. It's sexxyyy!!!

I love this show, season one just ended here and I'm hoping there is another one comming up soon. Katie Segal is fierce in this show, love her character Gemma.

Bring on season two!!!

woooooooo it's back!

Wow the rape of Gemma was brutal. I can't imagine what the result of that will be.
    Hard to believe that Rollins has never acted professionally before.
    I am glad Bobby is back. He is one of my favorites. It is interesting that I like the nastiest of the bad guys. I really like the Vig character, there isn't a conflicted bone in his body. That makes him interesting.
    I can't wait to see some of the guys from the other chapters. Also Deputy Hale will definately end up siding with the Devil he knows and the white supremists.
    I just can't see Arkin in this role. Looks like it will be an interesting season.
    Regards,
    Mary

Jax is the guy to play our vampie Lestats. lol he is hot . I love the show and they have some great actors and acting in it.

Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    Wow the rape of Gemma was brutal. I can't imagine what the result of that will be.
    Hard to believe that Rollins has never acted professionally before.
    I am glad Bobby is back. He is one of my favorites. It is interesting that I like the nastiest of the bad guys. I really like the Vig character, there isn't a conflicted bone in his body. That makes him interesting.
    I can't wait to see some of the guys from the other chapters. Also Deputy Hale will definately end up siding with the Devil he knows and the white supremists.
    I just can't see Arkin in this role. Looks like it will be an interesting season.
    Regards,
    Mary
    Rollins has definitely acted professionally. Off the top of my head, he was in Bad Boys 2, Heat, Lost Highway, and Johnny Mnemonic.

You just know that Gemma is going to keep quiet about the rape and when she does end up finally spilling, all hell is going to break loose. I cannot Wait!

Tommy Flanigan was looking fit as hell this episode

I'm so happy this is back! This was really Gemma's ep - - her with the baby, that great moment with Unser, "Join in or get out, Sparky", her and Clay together, and OMG, the end - - Katey Sagal rocked.

And now, I'll show off Tommy Flanagan/Chibs.

A promo pic of Chibs:

And Tommy Flanagan at the 2nd season premiere:

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedkitten View Post
    Rollins has definitely acted professionally. Off the top of my head, he was in Bad Boys 2, Heat, Lost Highway, and Johnny Mnemonic.

You just know that Gemma is going to keep quiet about the rape and when she does end up finally spilling, all hell is going to break loose. I cannot Wait!

Tommy Flanigan was looking fit as hell this episode
    They keep touting this on different press release's as Rollin's acting debut. That is interesting to know the other stuff he has done. He is one scary dude for sure.
    Well Unser finds her. I have a feeling he will go out in a blaze of glory eventually.
    Regards,
    Mary

Isnt the new season starting on 9-13??

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    Isnt the new season starting on 9-13??
    It already started this past Tuesday. After this week you should be able to see it on Hulu. It was a kick ass start to the season. I would have loved to have attended Bobby's welcome home party.
    It was also really upsetting. Gemma was raped by the white supremists.
    I think it will be a harrowing season.
    Regards,
    mary

It already started this past Tuesday. After this week you should be able to see it on Hulu. It was a kick ass start to the season. I would have loved to have attended Bobby's welcome home party.
    It was also really upsetting. Gemma was raped by the white supremists.
    I think it will be a harrowing season.
    Regards,
    mary
    DUHHHH I saw this and thought it was the the season ending,,lol at least I am up to date on the show now. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    DUHHHH I saw this and thought it was the the season ending,,lol at least I am up to date on the show now. thanks
    Sorry but at least on my cable it is being repeated through out the week and before the show next week.
    Regards,
    Mary

I am totally addicted to this show. I have owned a motorcycle of one type or another since 1969 and my partner and I still ride.
    I have always had outlaw friends and I loved them dearly. You just needed to have clear expectations and watch your self.
    Many of them died as they lived, in a bike wreck, substance abuse or other effects from their lifestyle. There is a saying, there are old riders and bold riders but no old bold riders.
    They can be loyal to a fault and lots of fun to hang out with but they are skating on the hairy edge of scary. As a woman who was riding her own motorcycle and not hanging on to the back of some guy in the 70s they were like riding with big friendly pit bulls.
    The series seems pretty true to the folks I knew.
    The woman are as tough and strong as the men in there own way. Very cool!
    Love those bad boys!
    Regards,
    Mary
    Hope to see you "in the wind" one day! I've been off my bike for 2 years now because of a problem with my left leg. I'm having surgery in January which I hope will resolve it but if it doesn't, I'll probably convert my bike into a trike. It just kills me that I spent all those years riding 2 up with Hubby and I finally got my license and bike and now I can't ride it. My legs just goes out on me and I can't predict when it will happen. I'm too afraid that I'll come to a stop, put my feet down and my leg will just go out and down I'll go.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleycat View Post
    Hope to see you "in the wind" one day! I've been off my bike for 2 years now because of a problem with my left leg. I'm having surgery in January which I hope will resolve it but if it doesn't, I'll probably convert my bike into a trike. It just kills me that I spent all those years riding 2 up with Hubby and I finally got my license and bike and now I can't ride it. My legs just goes out on me and I can't predict when it will happen. I'm too afraid that I'll come to a stop, put my feet down and my leg will just go out and down I'll go.
    I can relate. I had a nasty DVT in my right leg a few years ago from too many hours on planes. The recovery was painful and slow.
    It too forever before I really trusted that leg.
    I am riding again now and I do enjoy it but I must say as I get older I am far less bolder.
    I still know a few 1%ers but at my age the really wild ones have died off (and I miss them) and the ones left, while I would rather kiss a rattlesnake than cross them, have kids in college and mortages.
    You will get back on that bike and trikes can definately look very cool as can side-cars.
    Keep the rubber side down!
    Regards,
    Mary

Damned good episode! Chibs had better be ok though, poor Big Otto as well. I didn't know that is actually Kurt Sutter that plays him!