Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Man wakes up during Autopsy Ouch!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392

    Man wakes up during Autopsy Ouch!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,857
    OMG!
    That reminds me of that lady they did a TV show about who was declared dead 2 or 3 times, and SHE was put in the morgue. I think she was awake in there too and could not move.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    456
    How do they f that up?!?!?!?!?! Im terrified of that happening to me... I told my mom if i die from an obvious reason like a car accident DO NOT let them autopsy me! "its law" i dont care dont let them do it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Posts
    542
    Hey, a while back you started a thread on Old Time Radio.

    Do you remember an episode of a program about a guy who was subject to catatonia and had a "spell." Only his jacket (with a note in it that explained his condition) was stolen by a crook and sold to a pawnbroker? And he had a bracelet, too, that a couple of kids took and tried to melt down? And he found himself on the autopsy table unable to move?

    Damn, that was one of the most exciting radio shows ever. Have you ever heard of it? I've no idea what the name of it was.
    .
    .
    Free Tibet
    (Limit one per customer)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Moron View Post
    Hey, a while back you started a thread on Old Time Radio.

    Do you remember an episode of a program about a guy who was subject to catatonia and had a "spell." Only his jacket (with a note in it that explained his condition) was stolen by a crook and sold to a pawnbroker? And he had a bracelet, too, that a couple of kids took and tried to melt down? And he found himself on the autopsy table unable to move?

    Damn, that was one of the most exciting radio shows ever. Have you ever heard of it? I've no idea what the name of it was.
    It was Suspense and I think the title is "Dead Ernest."?

    I have the tape at work...let me know if you want me to PM you tomorrow if the name is incorrect?

    I usually listen to old time radio shows at my desk at work!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,524

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    It was Suspense and I think the title is "Dead Ernest."?

    I have the tape at work...let me know if you want me to PM you tomorrow if the name is incorrect?

    I usually listen to old time radio shows at my desk at work!!!
    Old time radio shows, deathhag, I finding you very interesting or else you have too much time on your hands.............

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxx View Post
    Old time radio shows, deathhag, I finding you very interesting or else you have too much time on your hands.............
    Believe me I don't have alot of time on my hands. I am a VERY nostalgic person! I just have ALOT of wierd interests...how I have time to connect them all I have no Idea.

    I am a big history buff, especially old Hollywood, Deaths of famous people...I could go on and on!!!!!

    Oh I am a BIG world war II buff! I love the old radio shows especially the ones done during world war II!!!

    If I could go back in history...WOW!!!!

    Last edited by Danny62; 10-28-2007 at 08:19 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,446
    This story is proof that there are quacks in all sorts of medical fields. I hope that the poor guy survived his injuries!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fayetteville, Tennessee
    Posts
    3,882
    EEEeekkk!!!! Too scary !!!
    Danny I'm a WWII buff too! I have a nazi coin and a Japanese belly flag, a ration card and lots of pictures that soldiers took over there......people were different back then huh?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    EEEeekkk!!!! Too scary !!!
    Danny I'm a WWII buff too! I have a nazi coin and a Japanese belly flag, a ration card and lots of pictures that soldiers took over there......people were different back then huh?
    For some Reason world War II really fasinates me?? You obviously have some pretty cool stuff!! I want to see..
    Anyway here is an AWESOME BOOK!!!

    And only $0.13!!

    http://www.amazon.com/Victory-Americ...3629485&sr=1-3

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland, UK
    Posts
    878
    Holy Crap...

    Oh, and you WWII buffs should hang out with my husband (he's an historian and, of course, is really into all things WWII...and other nerdy history things!)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by firegilnotguns View Post
    Holy Crap...

    Oh, and you WWII buffs should hang out with my husband (he's an historian and, of course, is really into all things WWII...and other nerdy history things!)
    Nerdy...


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    It was Suspense and I think the title is "Dead Ernest."?

    I have the tape at work...let me know if you want me to PM you tomorrow if the name is incorrect?
    Dead Ernest is right! You got it in one. [gives 'thumbs up" sign]

    Here's the page for it:

    http://family.solidrockpl.org/html/old_time_radio.html

    (Under "Crime and Mystery).

    Awesome...
    .
    .
    Free Tibet
    (Limit one per customer)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Moron View Post
    Dead Ernest is right! You got it in one. [gives 'thumbs up" sign]

    Here's the page for it:

    http://family.solidrockpl.org/html/old_time_radio.html

    (Under "Crime and Mystery).

    Awesome...
    Your Welcome!

    Wow!! What a guess. I need to go to work tomorrow and listen to it now.

    www.radiospirits.com is a good place for old time radio shows as well!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    For some Reason world War II really fasinates me?? You obviously have some pretty cool stuff!! I want to see..
    Anyway here is an AWESOME BOOK!!!

    And only $0.13!!

    http://www.amazon.com/Victory-Americ...3629485&sr=1-3
    That's my kind of book: big pictures and little words!

    Have you read Paul Fussell's Wartime?

    http://tinyurl.com/2qmjt7

    That's another good one.
    .
    .
    Free Tibet
    (Limit one per customer)

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Your Welcome!

    Wow!! What a guess. I need to go to work tomorrow and listen to it now.
    Do you know if that's one of the better-known episodes of Suspense? It sure stuck around in my mind, anyway. @_@

    I thought of it again as soon as I saw your original post.
    .
    .
    Free Tibet
    (Limit one per customer)

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wolfsschanze
    Posts
    7,875
    That story gave me the creeps. He's lucky they didn't start with the Y incision.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,441
    Stephen King also wrote a short story about the same subject. The man in the story was bitten by a snake on a golf course and everyone thought he'd had a heart attack and died. In the morgue the female doing the autopsy was moving his wang around looking at a scar or something, and him getting an erection was the only thing that saved him. The venom had rendered him unable to move or talk.

    Damned if I recall the name of the story....I'll add it when I find it.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Moron View Post
    Do you know if that's one of the better-known episodes of Suspense? It sure stuck around in my mind, anyway. @_@

    I thought of it again as soon as I saw your original post.
    "The Hitchhiker" with Orson welles or "Sorry wrong number" are two excellent stories.

    I don't think it stands out as one of the better episodes but it should have been...its kind of creepy! but I have only heard a couple really bad episodes of Suspense.

    "The doctor Prescribed Death" with Bela Lugosi is also a good one.

    Or "To Little to live on" with Ozzy and Harriet...that is VERY well written.

    Well you get the Idea I have listened to tons of them!!!
    Last edited by Danny62; 10-29-2007 at 05:24 AM.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,001
    ......oh my

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    1,530
    I bet he won't be back to Australia...

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,422
    WOW... that scares me just a bit.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •