Thread: Vicki Morgan

Vicki Morgan

Vicki Morgan (August 9, 1952 July 7, 1983) was a model and a high-profile murder victim.
    Born Victoria Lynn Morgan in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Morgan was a stunningly beautiful girl who went to Hollywood in search of fame. She found work as an usher at Grauman's Chinese Theater and it was there that the teenager met 54-year-old Reagan-financier Alfred S. Bloomingdale, a married multi-millionaire from the famous New York City department store family.
    Morgan soon became Bloomingdale's mistress, benefiting from his generosity. Her social circle also included wealthy superannuated playboy Bernie Cornfeld. On Bloomingdale's dime, she lived a lavish lifestyle that lasted until 1982 when he was diagnosed with terminal cancer. With Bloomingdale on his deathbed and his usual flow of funds to the now 30-year-old Morgan no longer coming, her financial situation quickly turned desperate. To protect herself, she hired the famous Hollywood palimony attorney Marvin Mitchelson to file a multi-million dollar lawsuit for financial compensation as his mistress. The pre-trial media coverage of the initial complaint revealed sordid details of the couple's deviant sexual relationship that grabbed headlines nationwide, causing considerable embarrassment amongst the Washington D.C. elite. However, when Morgan learned that Mitchelson had had dinner and a meeting at the White House with Nancy and Ronald Reagan, she lost trust in Mitchelson. Morgan fired Mitchelson and hired attorney Joel Steinberg. Morgan was left without income. Later court documents and news stories revealed that after she began selling off the jewelry and the expensive car purchased for her by Bloomingdale, Morgan was preparing to write a tell-all book which was reportedly going to name a number of wealthy and powerful politicians and businessmen who had participated in her sadistic sex rituals.
    Morgan moved from her expensive Los Angeles apartment to a more modest San Fernando Valley condominium, renting a room to a 32-year-old homosexual acquaintance named Marvin Pancoast. Three weeks later, Pancoast walked into a police station and confessed to murdering Morgan. Investigation found Morgan dead, apparently beaten to death with a baseball bat.
    There have been many conspiracy theories as to why she was murdered. Pancoast's explanation-- that he was tired of hearing Vicki Morgan complain that she was tired and worried-- scarcely seems a motive for a brutal bludgeon murder; Pancoast had no history of violent behavior. After Morgan's death, publisher Larry Flynt offered to purchase from Beverly Hills attorney Robert Steinberg copies of video tapes showing a number of high-ranking people in the Reagan administration in sexual trysts. Steinberg later failed to produce the videos and claimed they had been stolen from him. In a television interview for KNBC filmed after his incarceration, Pancoast (dying of AIDS) recanted his confession, but station management aired only a portion of Pancoast's denial of guilt, feeling his explanation was too explosive -- or unbelievable. Adding to the conspiracy fodder is the fact that Pancoast had worked at the theatrical agency CAA at the same time as agent Morgan Mason (son of James Mason and Pamela Mason), who by the time of Vicki Morgan's lawsuit was working for the White House, and that Bloomingdale was close friends with the Reagans; indeed, Nancy Reagan was one of Betsy Bloomingdale's best friends.
    The Vicki Morgan story received considerable print coverage and in 1985 author Gordon Basichis wrote Beautiful Bad Girl: The Vicki Morgan Story. In 1990, Dominick Dunne, the prominent Vanity Fair journalist, author of several books about crimes involving the rich and famous and someone whose own 22-year-old daughter Dominique had been murdered, came out with a fictional portrayal of Vicki Morgan in his book, An Inconvenient Woman.

The book

Vicki

The Patsy

Thanks for posting this it makes for interesting reading. Just imagine when and if the Vicki Morgan tapes or the full confession retraction ever see the light of day...........I love a good scandal.

I always wondered how they got Pancoast to confess in the first place. I believe he was promised all sorts of things and then pfffft.
    Poor Vicki. A dumb broad who should have saved her pennies. The bio is not bad but the writer was sleeping with her.

What a waste!

Gee dont get a job or anything.......what a moron its women like this who give all women a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    Gee dont get a job or anything.......what a moron its women like this who give all women a bad name.

Granted she was only a kid when she met Bloomingdale and he made her alot of big promises. Til Betsy stepped in.

I was a kid in a very simular situation and piss poor trailor park stealing food poor and had a man offer to take care of me.....I said no and kept my diginity...worked my ass off and here I am today...granted Im not in some posh LA home...Im in a little one bedroom ..but I didint have to sleep with some old married guy. I shouldent be so harsh though I dont know what she went through. Maybe she meant well....who knows. Cool story...thanks for the post.

This is an interesting story. I read An Inconvenient Woman and remember the TV movie.... she (or the Vicki Morgan-like character anyway) was played by Rebecca DeMornay.
    God was my copilot but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him.

Guest Guest
    Thanks for the thread.

I remember the book Beautiful Bad Girl, I read it, but don't remember too much of it.
    Wish the scandals would see the light of day finally...

But I agree with Lisa, this woman pissed me off, she should have gotten out of that life and found a job. But she didn't deserve to be brutally murdered like that.

Wow, I ha forgotten about her....Thanks for the read

What fresh hell is this ? ~ Dorothy Parker

]

great read...
    hurt an animal and I will kill you

Now I want to read the book
    There aint' no future living in the past!

There's another book out there about Vicki...called (surprise!) "Vicki," written by Joyce Milton and Ann Louise Bardach. I have the paperback but it's been years since I read it. You can get it on Amazon cheap.

Dominick Dunne wrote a chapter about attending the murder trial in his book "Justice." It's called "The Woman Who Knew Too Little."

A couple interesting things...she and Pancoast, the guy who allegedly murdered her, met when they were both patients in a mental hospital. Also, she had a son who was 14 when she died. I wonder what ever happened to him.

Dominick Dunne talks about this case in his book, Justice- http://www.amazon.com/Justice-Crimes.../dp/0609809636

Very interesting read, indeed...
    If I stand on top of the toilet, does that mean I'm high on pot?

The way Dominick Dunne wrote it, it was a touching love story.....the Vicki Morgan character was very sympathetic. Then I read one of the real-life accounts, and was disappointed at how sordid the whole thing sounded. Poor Betsy, she held her head high.

Yeah, she held her head high and looked the other way. Her husband was a freak, but he was a rich freak, after all.

Her attorney was Joel Steinberg, as in THE woman-beating, child murdering. lower-than-the-scum-of-the-earth Joel Steinberg?

^I don't think so. THE Joel Steinberg was from NY, Vicki's case was in CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    Her attorney was Joel Steinberg, as in THE woman-beating, child murdering. lower-than-the-scum-of-the-earth Joel Steinberg?

I thought the same thing when I read it, but I doubt its the same one

But maybe, ya never know

This is a sad story

"Yeah, right. You just don't want to admit you take it up the tailpipe. LOL" - Mammy

Wow keeunjames... solid merchandise. *applause*

Regarding this one: I wonder why this whole affair has been regulated to the back pages of sordid true crime involving celebs? It has all the elements.

Vast right-wing conspiracy?

Nah, the vast yuck-this-is-depressing factor.

^^^^ You're probably right. It's just that I've always been a sucker for "bonked on the head with a bat by a homo" stories. Sorry.

Don't be sorry! I like 'em too! It's why we're here. But....I dunno.....something about this story was just too dreary.

It ain't no Betty Broderick Story, that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Don't be sorry! I like 'em too! It's why we're here. But....I dunno.....something about this story was just too dreary.
    We'll have to agree to disagree. As a kid I remember hearing about this...and I just knew, I just knew.

Alfred Bloomingdale

Betsy Bloomingdale

Betsy: Reagan Years

Interesting thread. Ive never heard of her but now may read up on her and her interesting life.

Well, I was just referring to public interest in the case. It just wasn't one people got passionate about. No sympathetic characters perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by keeunjames View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree. As a kid I remember hearing about this...and I just knew, I just knew.

Alfred Bloomingdale

Betsy Bloomingdale

Betsy: Reagan Years
    Last edited by Noelle Page; 10-22-2008 at 05:20 AM.

I always was amazed at her stupidity in blowing all the money he gave her. If she had lived just....NORMALLY, she coulda had enough to last her entire life. If you were gonna screw a married man for money, you'd have to figure that the piggy bank was gonna dry up.

^No joke! Especially when the man is 35 years older. He supposedly gave her $18k a month for TWELVE years, and she died destitute at 30. Unreal.

In northeast NJ, approximately 30 miles outside of NYC
    As you can see, Vicki Morgan was GORGEOUS. She had a great, 1970s, sunkissed, "California Girl" look...sort of like Karen Lamm. I wish girls were still content with being naturally beautiful...without fake boobs or botox or big lips!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, I love that look too.

Any remember when the "natural" look was actually something women strived for? Honest, young hags, it's true.

And yes, I agree, why oh why when you get on a good gravy train like that, can't you control your spending? I guess it has to do with the personality type....just always bad judgment.

Vicki Morgan death site

Here is the apartment/death site.
    We found this in November...please be kind, it's my 1st attempt to put up any kind of picture.
    Gotta tell you, I have not been that creeped out in a long time! Not even going to a cemetery at night!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great pic kim. Except for Nancy and Betsy everyone involved is down in Hell as we speak and we're up here having a good time.

Bonus Diet tip: "Picture in your mind Nancy and Betsy at their current age, sans makeup, naked, with their legs spread. You'll never eat again, and that will help you lose weight." Dr. Atkins needed 10 billion words to explain his system, mine only took 29.

omg!! Lol!!! Thats funny shit man...

Quote Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
    Great pic kim. Except for Nancy and Betsy everyone involved is down in Hell as we speak and we're up here having a good time.

Bonus Diet tip: "Picture in your mind Nancy and Betsy at their current age, sans makeup, naked, with their legs spread. You'll never eat again, and that will help you lose weight." Dr. Atkins needed 10 billion words to explain his system, mine only took 29.
    Well, I won't be needing breakfast now.........
    blondemafia is jealous of how hookery a hooker I am.

I'm currently reading "Beautiful Bad Girl". It is a pretty good read. She seemed like a money grubbing freak, but she didn't deserve to die by a Louisville Slugger. I still don't get why she would have a room mate that was mental.

Good read. She gives us blondes a bad name. Not all of us are that stupid, needy or greedy.

I agree.....I mean she didnt deserve what happend....but still what an awful excuse of a woman...

Don't forget she was around 17 when she met Bloomingdale. Her head was easily turned and she was never prepared for a normal life. I do think she was lazy but not a bad person. Many girls have taken her route and expected to cash in.

that dosent make it right and please Im so sick of the I was young and stupid excuse we all know right from wrong and haveing an affair with a married man is wrong. When I was 17 I had a chance to be a mans plaything and I rather work as a waitress then sell myself and become some mans plaything .I dont think she was bad person...just shallow and stupid......I mean this wasent the old days she very well could have done what a million other women do and gee I dont know get a job?? And that route to me attracts one type of woman...and we all know what type that is......Im sorry she got killed the way she did...but like someone esle said she gave a bad name to all women.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    Gee dont get a job or anything.......
    Hehe! I know, seriously, huh?
    ~~Shyla

I'm surprised at all the hostility directed towards Vicki Morgan. Unless you find something you really love, work SUCKS. I can't blame a girl for cashing in. Not one bit. Spending all of that money, on the other hand? Not the best idea.

You know, if he'd really cared about her, he would have made arrangements for her to have money to live on in the future. He didn't care she was a kid. She was just disposable.

Yeah, it was a shitty life she made for herself but she was 17. She had her head stuck up her ass. Maybe she thought he would make provisions for her to be taken care of forever? Maybe she thought she'd get passed on to someone else? Very sad. She could have put money up, but she didn't. She could have gone to school, but she didn't.

I sure as hell don't blame his wife for shutting the sugar pot down.

I still think there is something missing. He just decides to smash her head in because she bitched a lot? Meh, something doesn't add up.
    Last edited by okidoll; 04-10-2010 at 02:13 PM.

I think Ronald Reagan or his "Mommy" wife Nancy has covered
    this murder up.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

She was really pretty. She could have modelled and saved some of that cash old man was giving her.I think if you can screw some old geezer like that you deserve what he gives you (money,gifts,etc). I took the old fashioned route though and was a waitress to get through college and get a life lol.Yeah I wonder what made him snap too. It takes alot to do that.
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kim View Post
    I'm surprised at all the hostility directed towards Vicki Morgan. Unless you find something you really love, work SUCKS. I can't blame a girl for cashing in. Not one bit. Spending all of that money, on the other hand? Not the best idea.
    I tend to agree she was young. beautiful and cashed in on what she had. Tell me doing that old guy wasn't work for her.

I wanna read the book she wrote!

You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

But Alfred Bloomingdale apparently also liked to walk on the wild side. He met Morgan in 1970, when the tall, svelte blond was an usher at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood. She was married at the time, with a son born out of wedlock, but her circumstances did not discourage Bloomingdale. He promised to make her a movie star. In a 234-page deposition, parts of which have been made public in other court papers, Morgan says that she and Bloomingdale became intimate at their third meeting, supposedly in an encounter that also involved two other women. After that, according to her lawsuit, she was his constant companion, confidante and business partner, though somehow she found time to divorce her husband and wed and shed two more. She also served as his "therapist," she alleges, trying to help him "overcome his Marquis de Sade complex." The therapy Morgan administered remains vague, but it was alluded to in court papers filed by Hillel Chodos, Betsy Bloomingdale's attorney. He wrote, "[Morgan] was going to help him by watching him so if he became more seriously ... involved in his alleged sadomasochistic pursuits than she felt proper, she would give him 'the look,' and he would calm down."
    http://www.time.com/time/printout/0,8816,925785,00.html

article from time magazine. She was married too and then had more husbands the whole time she was Bloomingdales lover???? Wow. quite the con artist!
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

And here's how she died:
    http://www.people.com/people/archive...085544,00.html

Her son, 14 at the time was there that night and his baseball bat was used!
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

Quote Originally Posted by betsy View Post
    A couple interesting things...she and Pancoast, the guy who allegedly murdered her, met when they were both patients in a mental hospital. Also, she had a son who was 14 when she died. I wonder what ever happened to him.
    New guy here, commenting on an old story. Just happened to run across Vicki Morgans name while looking up something else. When I found out she was killed in her apartment I naturally came over here to see what I could find. Anyway found an article that says there was a contract that Bloomingdale was supposed to pay her $240,000 of which she had only received 40,000. A year after she died her estate was awarded the rest of the money and it went to her son

http://www.nytimes.com/1984/12/22/us...wins-suit.html