Thread: Is sleep being dead for a while?

Is sleep being dead for a while?

[SIZE=3]Is sleep temporary death?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I donít dream often. I take pills to avoid nightmares and they kick ass. But when Iím asleep I have no way of knowing I am alive. I see death as just long sleep. You wonít even know your dead, so why worry? So who here can tell me about Abe Lincoln? I missed that one. [/SIZE]

I've often wondered the same thing.

You know when you are put under for surgrey and you totally can't remember anything after you wake up? I think that is the closest thing to being dead while alive, hopefully there is a afterlife after this earthly one however I can't imagine not seeing my loved ones again.
    At my age I do what Mark Twain did. I get my daily paper, look at the obituaries page and if I'm not there I carry on as usual."
    Patrick Moore.

When you dead your dead. Ain't no being dead for awhile in any way shape or form!!!

Well unless you were dead and brought back to life!!

But your thread does make sense!!!

Dan

hmm, so if I were to see the correlation with sleeping and death... I am the walking dead.

So, what kind of pills make you not dream?

It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you're dead, you're made for life.
    -- Jimi Hendrix

Aahh sleep,those little slices of death,how I loathe them.

Seroquel

Quote Originally Posted by Gardner32 View Post
    So, what kind of pills make you not dream?
    Bad thing is I don't have any sex dreams either.

i always thought, wouldn't it be cool, if you could go into a deep sleep to the point where you cross over in your sleep to go hang out with your loved one that have died, and when its time to go you just say see ya later, and then wake up.

i would love to go into a deep sleep and go see my mom, and make sure she is well taken care of, happy, and all that. If we could do that, then death would be so easy, knowing that there is an after life and it is nice and peaceful.

Guest Guest
    here's the only problem I'm seeing with it...ummmm....I'll be delicate about this....some of the best sex is the middle of the night..you wake up and you're having sex sex..that being said if being asleep means you're dead then WTF would sleep sex make you?

That's easy

Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    here's the only problem I'm seeing with it...ummmm....I'll be delicate about this....some of the best sex is the middle of the night..you wake up and you're having sex sex..that being said if being asleep means you're dead then WTF would sleep sex make you?
    Sleep sex? That would be a girl I dated in 69.

when i got my wisdom teeth removed they put me under. i was so scared but i dont remember anything about being under and they said that it was hard to keep me under.
    thats about the closest to death still being alive.
    You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
    -Charles Manson