Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: NetFlix

I've been watching Criminal Minds. Hubs and I started out watching it together...but he works nights and I work days and well, while I work he was binge-watching. I'd come home and never know where we left off, so after he finished I started it all over again on my own. I'm toward the end of the first season....OMG is Shemar Moore easy on the eyes....he can call me "baby girl" any time he wants....
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Naturally.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

Watching "Sandy Wexler"... I think I will go back to watching the Texas Rangers replay game, Adam Sandler apparently quit making half assed quality movies. Can't take another second of this Netflix drivel...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

I can't stand that 13 reasons why show the main character is too histrionic and has terrible situational awareness. She tries to ruin people's lives all because she was too careless and really what did she expect to happen when she got in a hot tub with her friends rapist alone? She really has nobody to blame but herself. Selfish cow didn't even leave her parents a note ffs.

If I were the guy that had a crush on her I'd listen to my tape then burn it then live my life to the fullest.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    I can't stand that 13 reasons why show the main character is too histrionic and has terrible situational awareness. She tries to ruin people's lives all because she was too careless and really what did she expect to happen when she got in a hot tub with her friends rapist alone? She really has nobody to blame but herself. Selfish cow didn't even leave her parents a note ffs.

If I were the guy that had a crush on her I'd listen to my tape then burn it then live my life to the fullest.
    Interesting perspective.

When somebody is raped, I generally blame the rapist. But hey, I'm anti-rape. Some people are pro-rape, and I totally respect that.
    "In a soldier's stance I aim my hand / At the mongrel dogs who teach / Fearing not I'd become my enemy / In the instant that I preach"
    - Robert Zimmerman, "My Back Pages"

Check out my slam poetry site! (I mean, if you have a moment...) http://davidupsetrasnake.com

I got hooked on House of Cards not too long ago. Couldn't binge in one sitting, but went through 4 seasons in about 3 weeks. OMG - I love this show. When does season 5 start? It is so Shakespearean on so many levels, and I love that Frank Underwood is almost as evil as Iago in Othello. Robin Wright is great. Kevin Spacey as always. Such crazy twists and turns and unexpected happenings. Amazing how it started in, what, 2013, and has so much of 2017 in it!!! It's like The West Wing with a goatee (Star Trek reference obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Interesting perspective.

When somebody is raped, I generally blame the rapist. But hey, I'm anti-rape. Some people are pro-rape, and I totally respect that.
    My post isn't pro rape. The girl blames everyone for her suicide even if they had nothing to really do with it and even after watching her friend get raped by the Dude bro character she goes to his party and just walks into the hottub all alone with him. If you already know what he did to your friend why just put yourself in the rapist den? That's like being a gazelle and jumping right into the lions mouth when you already know he just ate your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by seurtoFW View Post
    I got hooked on House of Cards not too long ago. Couldn't binge in one sitting, but went through 4 seasons in about 3 weeks. OMG - I love this show. When does season 5 start? It is so Shakespearean on so many levels, and I love that Frank Underwood is almost as evil as Iago in Othello. Robin Wright is great. Kevin Spacey as always. Such crazy twists and turns and unexpected happenings. Amazing how it started in, what, 2013, and has so much of 2017 in it!!! It's like The West Wing with a goatee (Star Trek reference obviously).
    Last edited by TheDude; 05-18-2017 at 04:50 PM.

[QUOTE=TheDude;1533920]My post isn't pro rape. The girl blames everyone for her suicide even if they had nothing to really do with it and even after watching her friend get raped by the Dude bro character she goes to his party and just walks into the hottub all alone with him. If you already know what he did to your friend why just put yourself in the rapist den? That's like being a gazelle and jumping right into the lions mouth when you already know he just ate your friends.

--------------

When Hannah got into the hot tub, they were not alone.
    -::-
    . .))
    ((. .. Missa-::-
    -::- ((.*

I love Criminal Minds, Oh yes he is fine and I have loved him since Diary of a Mad Black woman, and before that the Old Navy commercial he was in .
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer. #METOO

"Moana" hits Netflix June 20. "Trolls" is already up. Hubs says, "But you and Miss E OWN 'Moana'!" And I say, "If I don't have to download a DVD player for the lappy, AND I don't have to hunt FOR the DVD....that's a win in MY book."
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook

Watched " Gerald's Game " on Netflix last night. I give it a 8. I enjoyed it, not as spooky as I thoght it would be.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plan.

RIP DADDY 1/17/1925 - 5/26/2011
    RIP Momma 4/12/1930-5/13/2014

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    Watched " Gerald's Game " on Netflix last night. I give it a 8. I enjoyed it, not as spooky as I thoght it would be.
    I thought it was a 7

Ozark is a good series. Jason Bateman and Laura Linney star as a couple forced to relocate to Missouri after his job laundering money for a drug cartel hits a snag.

The writing is taut, good performances all the way around.
    Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Ozark is a good series. Jason Bateman and Laura Linney star as a couple forced to relocate to Missouri after his job laundering money for a drug cartel hits a snag.

The writing is taut, good performances all the way around.
    You're right. It is a good show. I am almost finished with this season. I also liked Stranger Things.

Well, there goes House of Cards. Thanks, Spacey.
    Last edited by Upset; 11-04-2017 at 02:47 PM.
    "In a soldier's stance I aim my hand / At the mongrel dogs who teach / Fearing not I'd become my enemy / In the instant that I preach"
    - Robert Zimmerman, "My Back Pages"

Check out my slam poetry site! (I mean, if you have a moment...) http://davidupsetrasnake.com