Thread: Kenji Urada - Killed by a Robot

Kenji Urada - Killed by a Robot

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kenji Urada (c. 1944 - 1981) was one of the first individuals killed by a robot. Urada was a 37-year old maintenance engineer at a Japanese Kawasaki plant. While working on a broken robot, he failed to turn it off completely, resulting in the robot pushing him into a grinding machine with its hydraulic arm. He died as a result.[1][2]
    Urada is often said to be the first person killed by a robot.[1][2] However, Robert Williams was killed by a robot two years earlier, in 1979.[3]

Robert Williams was much more boring so I posted this instead.
    Suck it.

This should go in the dead people area, sorry.
    Suck it.

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto

I`ve had vibrators I thought would kill me.....would that fit into the RoBo catergory....

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    I`ve had vibrators I thought would kill me.....would that fit into the RoBo catergory....
    Yep lol

warning to self, turn off robot before working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    OMG.

You are a gem, MM.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto
    BAHAHAHAHA! I thought the same thing...

"To everything - turn, turn, turn...
    There is a season - turn, turn, turn...
    And a time for every purpose under heaven."

- The Byrds

I totally forgot, but wasn't there someone in here who was afraid of robots or knew someone who was afraid of robots?

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgothic View Post
    I totally forgot, but wasn't there someone in here who was afraid of robots or knew someone who was afraid of robots?
    That would have been Dr. Smith; from Lost In Space.

To the ladies with the "robot-vibrator" fears...sometimes you just got to look life in the eyes...or at whatever organ you look to life with; and be brave... and hopefully; take some pictures of the encounter(s); which you will post here.

OMG! ROFL@Jim. shameshameshame Courtesy of Babel Fish: robosan平和の残り (rest in peace robosan)

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    That would have been Dr. Smith; from Lost In Space.

To the ladies with the "robot-vibrator" fears...sometimes you just got to look life in the eyes...or at whatever organ you look to life with; and be brave... and hopefully; take some pictures of the encounter(s); which you will post here.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to." Dorothy Parker

Robot-caused deaths

Kenji Urada (1944 - 1981) was one of the first individuals killed by a robot. Urada was a 37-year old maintenance engineer at a Japanese Kawasaki plant. While working on a broken robot, he failed to turn it off completely, resulting in the robot pushing him into a grinding machine with its hydraulic arm.

However, Robert Williams was killed by a robot two years earlier, in 1979.

Robert Williams (1954–1979), was struck by a robotic arm at a casting plant in Flat Rock, Michigan on January 25, 1979.

DEATH ON THE JOB JURY AWARDS $10 MILLION TO HEIRS OF MAN KILLED BY ROBOT AT AUTO PLANT
    A jury has ordered the manufacturer of a one-ton robot that killed a worker at a Ford Motor Co. plant to pay the man's family $10 million. The Wayne County Circuit Court jury deliberated for 2 1/2 hours Tuesday before announcing the decision against Unit Handling Systems, a division of Litton Industries. The suit was brought by the family of Robert Williams, who was killed Jan. 25, 1979, at a casting plant in Flat Rock, Mich.
    Last edited by Serendipity09; 06-13-2010 at 10:09 PM.

Death by robot! Sounds like a movie scene to me!

Robots freak me the hell out. When I was a kid, I went to Showbiz Pizza and the dog who played the drums had some of his wires exposed in his arm. I couldn't do ANYTHING by look for the nearest exit in case he caught on fire or went haywire and tried to kill everyone.

I have to say that due to this the scariest "Scooby Doo" for me is the one in the amusement park with the robot. Can't watch it. Man that robot is fast...
    Who loves not a false imagining, an unreal character in us; but looking through all the rubbish of our imperfections, loves in us the divine ideal of our natures - not the man that we are, but the angel that we may be. ~Tennyson
    "

Is that anything like death by stereo?
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013