Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 306

Thread: John Ritter

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458
    "In other testimony, forensic economist Tamara Hunt said that if Ritter had lived and his show had continued for seven years he could have earned nearly $41.9 million."

    and if Jimi Hendrix didn't die we could have had 40 more years of great music... yeah, so?

    Seems like some desperate people trying to make some cash here... I mean it sucks big time that Ritter died but the money isn't bringing him back. Amy should go do some more acting work and pay the bills with that money.


  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    698
    I really enjoyed John Ritter and he seemed like a good guy but this is a bit out of hand.
    I'm not so sure they have a case against those physicians. I just mean, he got sick, things happen and they weren't able to save him. His time had finished when it was supposed to.
    I sure do not mean to be cold ( I so much liked the guy) but this lawsuit seems out of place.
    By the way, his work as Vaughan Cunningham in Sling Blade was GREAT.
    Ritter used to tell people that Billy Bob Thornton left the names for the characters up to the actors who were portraying them and John Ritter chose "Vaughan Cunningham" because he imagined a gay older brother in the Cunningham family from "Happy Days". I thought that was brilliant.
    Last edited by Tugboat25; 02-29-2008 at 03:17 PM.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    I really enjoyed John Ritter and he seemed like a good guy but this is a bit out of hand.
    I'm not so sure they have a case against those physicians. I just mean, he got sick, things happen and they weren't able to save him. His time had finished when it was supposed to.
    I sure do not mean to be cold ( I so much liked the guy) but this lawsuit seems out of place.
    I know... imagine if everybody had their money and wanted to sue when loved ones died "when they shouldn't have". Just accept it and move on, it's not like they patted him on the back and said "you're cured John, love the show!" and he went home and died... they tried, failed, the end.


  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,353
    in some ppls eyes we never die when we should

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    Billy Bob Thornton was really hit hard by John Ritter's death. He reportedly asked a plastic surgeon to make him look more like John.


    OK that's just weird. I hope it's not true.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Her lawsuit is in very poor taste and has no merit.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I know... imagine if everybody had their money and wanted to sue when loved ones died "when they shouldn't have". Just accept it and move on, it's not like they patted him on the back and said "you're cured John, love the show!" and he went home and died.

    Well, since the woman who testified at Ritter's trial is a "forensic economist"-- then I would imagine that many, many people do sue based on potential earnings. Otherwise, people like her and others in her profession wouldn't have a job. :shrugs: And I don't see how Ritter's case is any different than someone who is married to, say, an accountant. If said accountant were 50 years old, had 15 years til retirement and was likely to earn $80k per year- and some doctor screwed up royally and didn't do his job, causing the family to lose over a million $$ in income-- then yes, the lawsuit would most definitely have merit... I'm sorry that some of ya'll think you've already figured out the ins and outs of this case, but apparently there's something to it or you can be assured the presiding judge would've thrown it out before it went to trial.

    /rantover

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodsaint View Post
    Well, since the woman who testified at Ritter's trial is a "forensic economist"-- then I would imagine that many, many people do sue based on potential earnings. Otherwise, people like her and others in her profession wouldn't have a job. :shrugs: And I don't see how Ritter's case is any different than someone who is married to, say, an accountant. If said accountant were 50 years old, had 15 years til retirement and was likely to earn $80k per year- and some doctor screwed up royally and didn't do his job, causing the family to lose over a million $$ in income-- then yes, the lawsuit would most definitely have merit... I'm sorry that some of ya'll think you've already figured out the ins and outs of this case, but apparently there's something to it or you can be assured the presiding judge would've thrown it out before it went to trial.

    /rantover
    Well I'm sorry you feel the way you do... so there


  9. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,666
    Huge loss, great actor.

    Rest In Peace.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodsaint View Post
    Well, since the woman who testified at Ritter's trial is a "forensic economist"-- then I would imagine that many, many people do sue based on potential earnings. Otherwise, people like her and others in her profession wouldn't have a job. :shrugs: And I don't see how Ritter's case is any different than someone who is married to, say, an accountant. If said accountant were 50 years old, had 15 years til retirement and was likely to earn $80k per year- and some doctor screwed up royally and didn't do his job, causing the family to lose over a million $$ in income-- then yes, the lawsuit would most definitely have merit... I'm sorry that some of ya'll think you've already figured out the ins and outs of this case, but apparently there's something to it or you can be assured the presiding judge would've thrown it out before it went to trial.

    /rantover
    The lady who sued McDOnalds for getting burned from the hot coffee - her case went to court too and no one threw it out. Just because it has not been thrown out by a judge does'nt mean it is purposeful. People sue for stupid shit every day.

    Rantover.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    The lady who sued McDOnalds for getting burned from the hot coffee - her case went to court too and no one threw it out. Just because it has not been thrown out by a judge does'nt mean it is purposeful. People sue for stupid shit every day.

    Rantover.
    good point... judges make dumb decisions everyday.


  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    good point... judges make dumb decisions everyday.


  13. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    The lady who sued McDOnalds for getting burned from the hot coffee - her case went to court too and no one threw it out. Just because it has not been thrown out by a judge does'nt mean it is purposeful. People sue for stupid shit every day.

    Rantover.

    I had a feeling someone would bring up the famous McDonald's coffee case. ... That is one that people often bring up when they want to prove how messed up our juducial system is and how "frivilous" lawsuits have gotten out of hand-- but if you do some research you'll find that: The victim was a 79 year old woman who had never sued anyone before in her life. When she spilled the coffee, it went through her clothes and caused third-degree burns to her thighs requiring skin-grafting because McDonald's served their coffee way hotter than was the common practice at other restaurants-- to the point where Mickey D's had over 700 complaints but never made any adjustments. And, the woman tried to settle out of court for a couple hundred thousand to cover her medical bills-- only when McDonald's refused, she took it to court... Listen, I'm not a lawyer-- it's just a pet-peeve of mine when people think they "know" the facts and what is right or wrong when the truth is that unless we're in the courtroom or privy to the inside info-- you, me or anyone else doesn't know squat.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald's_coffee_case

    http://lawandhelp.com/q298-2.htm

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodsaint View Post
    I had a feeling someone would bring up the famous McDonald's coffee case. ... That is one that people often bring up when they want to prove how messed up our juducial system is and how "frivilous" lawsuits have gotten out of hand-- but if you do some research you'll find that: The victim was a 79 year old woman who had never sued anyone before in her life. When she spilled the coffee, it went through her clothes and caused third-degree burns to her thighs requiring skin-grafting because McDonald's served their coffee way hotter than was the common practice at other restaurants-- to the point where Mickey D's had over 700 complaints but never made any adjustments. And, the woman tried to settle out of court for a couple hundred thousand to cover her medical bills-- only when McDonald's refused, she took it to court... Listen, I'm not a lawyer-- it's just a pet-peeve of mine when people think they "know" the facts and what is right or wrong when the truth is that unless we're in the courtroom or privy to the inside info-- you, me or anyone else doesn't know squat.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald's_coffee_case

    http://lawandhelp.com/q298-2.htm

    I read the whole wiki article before I even posted about it. It does not matter if she sued before or not, SHE SUED THIS TIME AND IT WAS BULLSHIT!!!!! A couple hundred thousand to cover medical bills? For burns on her leg and groin in 1992? I worked in insurance and hospitals for years before I went into the death industry. Again, that is bullshit.

    I don't know if you know "squat" or not, and you don't have to be in a courtroom to be "privvy" to "inside info" Anything that goes on in court is public info, check it out once. I haev testified in numerous homicide and death trials. You don't have to be a lwayer to smell bullshit. The idiot from McDonalds is the core case in frivilous lawsuits.

    Wiki, as you probably know is not the place to look for accurate legal information, but her shit was public info just as the Ritter case is.

    Lawsuits are out of hand. McDonalds, John Ritters greedy widow, you name it. That is not just my personal opinion, it is a well known reason that insurance is so high.

    You have your opinion and I have mine, but nothing can take away the fact that McDonalds was a frivilous lawsuit, and lawsuits just like it are the reason we all pay more when we write our insurance checks.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,053
    I'm on the vegan diet (No dead animals, eggs or liquid pus aka cow's milk)
    So any and every law suit against McDummies is a good thing.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Missouri City, Texas
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by HETFIELD View Post
    Whenever you add David Spade to a show, it sucks. I mean, wasnt he added to Spin City after Michael J Fox quit?
    Naw that was Charlie Sheen that was added to Spin City, not Spade. But yeah David Spade does make shows suck ass lol. I loved John Ritter, he voiced a character on King of the Hill also. His death was a shock to me I'm still upset over it. He died from the same thing Lucille Ball died from, aortic dissection
    Last edited by BetteDavisEyes1986; 03-01-2008 at 07:46 PM. Reason: want to add stuff

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I read the whole wiki article before I even posted about it. It does not matter if she sued before or not, SHE SUED THIS TIME AND IT WAS BULLSHIT!!!!! A couple hundred thousand to cover medical bills? For burns on her leg and groin in 1992? I worked in insurance and hospitals for years before I went into the death industry. Again, that is bullshit.

    I don't know if you know "squat" or not, and you don't have to be in a courtroom to be "privvy" to "inside info" Anything that goes on in court is public info, check it out once. I haev testified in numerous homicide and death trials. You don't have to be a lwayer to smell bullshit. The idiot from McDonalds is the core case in frivilous lawsuits.

    Wiki, as you probably know is not the place to look for accurate legal information, but her shit was public info just as the Ritter case is.

    Lawsuits are out of hand. McDonalds, John Ritters greedy widow, you name it. That is not just my personal opinion, it is a well known reason that insurance is so high.

    You have your opinion and I have mine, but nothing can take away the fact that McDonalds was a frivilous lawsuit, and lawsuits just like it are the reason we all pay more when we write our insurance checks.
    Settle down, LL-- we're all friends here... I don't think the McDonald's lawsuit was frivolous; I think there are frivolous lawsuits in this country, but I think the vast majority have merit. I guess we'll just have to....... wait for it........ wait for it............ Agree To Disagree. :thumbsup:

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    I'm on the vegan diet (No dead animals, eggs or liquid pus aka cow's milk)
    So any and every law suit against McDummies is a good thing.
    McDummies, lol.

    I am on my way to the vegan way of life soon....

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodsaint View Post
    I had a feeling someone would bring up the famous McDonald's coffee case. ... That is one that people often bring up when they want to prove how messed up our juducial system is and how "frivilous" lawsuits have gotten out of hand-- but if you do some research you'll find that: The victim was a 79 year old woman who had never sued anyone before in her life. When she spilled the coffee, it went through her clothes and caused third-degree burns to her thighs requiring skin-grafting because McDonald's served their coffee way hotter than was the common practice at other restaurants-- to the point where Mickey D's had over 700 complaints but never made any adjustments. And, the woman tried to settle out of court for a couple hundred thousand to cover her medical bills-- only when McDonald's refused, she took it to court... Listen, I'm not a lawyer-- it's just a pet-peeve of mine when people think they "know" the facts and what is right or wrong when the truth is that unless we're in the courtroom or privy to the inside info-- you, me or anyone else doesn't know squat.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald's_coffee_case

    http://lawandhelp.com/q298-2.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I read the whole wiki article before I even posted about it. It does not matter if she sued before or not, SHE SUED THIS TIME AND IT WAS BULLSHIT!!!!! A couple hundred thousand to cover medical bills? For burns on her leg and groin in 1992? I worked in insurance and hospitals for years before I went into the death industry. Again, that is bullshit.

    I don't know if you know "squat" or not, and you don't have to be in a courtroom to be "privvy" to "inside info" Anything that goes on in court is public info, check it out once. I haev testified in numerous homicide and death trials. You don't have to be a lwayer to smell bullshit. The idiot from McDonalds is the core case in frivilous lawsuits.

    Wiki, as you probably know is not the place to look for accurate legal information, but her shit was public info just as the Ritter case is.

    Lawsuits are out of hand. McDonalds, John Ritters greedy widow, you name it. That is not just my personal opinion, it is a well known reason that insurance is so high.

    You have your opinion and I have mine, but nothing can take away the fact that McDonalds was a frivilous lawsuit, and lawsuits just like it are the reason we all pay more when we write our insurance checks.
    Bottom line... we have differences of opinion here, time to drop it and move on because we're all right and we're all wrong.

    Next...


  20. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,232
    Haven't read the thread. Can only put myself in the heartbroken shoes of the family. The courts will decide.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Haven't read the thread. Can only put myself in the heartbroken shoes of the family. The courts will decide.
    I deal with heartbroken people each and every day that die of natural causes such as Mr. Ritter. I also deal with suicide, homicide and accidents. Not once in my years of doing this has any family member ever said "I know he died of a dissected aorta (and I have seen this quite a few times) but I need to sue someone for the money he would have made had he lived"

    Maybe I should start bringing that up at death scenes to get the ball rolling?

    Just insanity.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,102
    John Ritter passed away 5 days after my father did. They were the same age, same cause of death, looked similar and Dad was very similar too Johns character in 8 simple rules. For me (at only 22) it was like loosing my Dad all over again.
    RIP John.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodsaint View Post
    I had a feeling someone would bring up the famous McDonald's coffee case. ... That is one that people often bring up when they want to prove how messed up our juducial system is and how "frivilous" lawsuits have gotten out of hand-- but if you do some research you'll find that: The victim was a 79 year old woman who had never sued anyone before in her life. When she spilled the coffee, it went through her clothes and caused third-degree burns to her thighs requiring skin-grafting because McDonald's served their coffee way hotter than was the common practice at other restaurants-- to the point where Mickey D's had over 700 complaints but never made any adjustments. And, the woman tried to settle out of court for a couple hundred thousand to cover her medical bills-- only when McDonald's refused, she took it to court... Listen, I'm not a lawyer-- it's just a pet-peeve of mine when people think they "know" the facts and what is right or wrong when the truth is that unless we're in the courtroom or privy to the inside info-- you, me or anyone else doesn't know squat.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald's_coffee_case

    http://lawandhelp.com/q298-2.htm
    A similar thing happened with country singer Barbara Mandrell. When she was in that accident back in 1985 that killed the other driver, Barbara sued the family to collect the insurance money. People went off on that.
    I still remember hearing a radio disc jockey say on the air that Barbara Mandrell was a "gold digging greedy country whore" for actually suing the family to collect. Some record stores I believe even pulled her music from their shelves because of Barbara suing.

    Well in Tennessee at the time of the accident that state had a law on their books ( might still be the case today ) that pretty much said that if you are in an accident and want to collect the insurance money then you have to sue or else you don't get that money.

    That little fact was overlooked by so many that I don't think Barbara's career was the same afterward. People just know she sued the family of the dead driver, many of them didn't know exactly why she sued.

    Always a story behind everything.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy J. View Post
    A similar thing happened with country singer Barbara Mandrell. When she was in that accident back in 1985 that killed the other driver, Barbara sued the family to collect the insurance money. People went off on that.
    I still remember hearing a radio disc jockey say on the air that Barbara Mandrell was a "gold digging greedy country whore" for actually suing the family to collect. Some record stores I believe even pulled her music from their shelves because of Barbara suing.

    Well in Tennessee at the time of the accident that state had a law on their books ( might still be the case today ) that pretty much said that if you are in an accident and want to collect the insurance money then you have to sue or else you don't get that money.

    That little fact was overlooked by so many that I don't think Barbara's career was the same afterward. People just know she sued the family of the dead driver, many of them didn't know exactly why she sued.

    Always a story behind everything.
    Accidental deaths are different, IMO. I work as a death investigator. John Ritter died a 100 pecent natural death.

  25. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    By the way, his work as Vaughan Cunningham in Sling Blade was GREAT.
    Ritter used to tell people that Billy Bob Thornton left the names for the characters up to the actors who were portraying them and John Ritter chose "Vaughan Cunningham" because he imagined a gay older brother in the Cunningham family from "Happy Days". I thought that was brilliant.
    I loved him in this role!! I re-watched that not too long ago. I also remembering reading that tidbit about the Happy Days thing. LOL

  26. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    "In other testimony, forensic economist Tamara Hunt said that if Ritter had lived and his show had continued for seven years he could have earned nearly $41.9 million."

    and if Jimi Hendrix didn't die we could have had 40 more years of great music... yeah, so?

    Seems like some desperate people trying to make some cash here... I mean it sucks big time that Ritter died but the money isn't bringing him back. Amy should go do some more acting work and pay the bills with that money.
    I am sorry JR dies but hehad heart problems for years. A torn aorta did not show up 2 yrs ago and she is suing this Dr for that too. 67 million dollars? I am sorry about the death but this is way too much BS. SHe is a good actress onthe stand. Her kids were tramatized? Well every child that loses a parent is and we cannot sue everytime a man dies from aheart condition. She already got 14 million but I guess she needs more to continue living the way he supported her.

  27. #77
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,125
    Quote Originally Posted by dirttrackdemon3 View Post
    i really liked him in IT, he played that role perfect. his talents and smile will be missed for sure. JOHN RITTER R.I.P

    KInd of a cheap headstone for a guy that is now worth over 80million bucks to his wife.

  28. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,125
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    The lady who sued McDOnalds for getting burned from the hot coffee - her case went to court too and no one threw it out. Just because it has not been thrown out by a judge does'nt mean it is purposeful. People sue for stupid shit every day.

    Rantover.
    Yes they do and this is one of the reason people cannot afford health care because ofgreed. She got 14 mil already. He had heart disease too and for a long time.

  29. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I am sorry JR dies but hehad heart problems for years. A torn aorta did not show up 2 yrs ago and she is suing this Dr for that too. 67 million dollars? I am sorry about the death but this is way too much BS. SHe is a good actress onthe stand. Her kids were tramatized? Well every child that loses a parent is and we cannot sue everytime a man dies from aheart condition. She already got 14 million but I guess she needs more to continue living the way he supported her.
    Thank goodness I find someone who agrees with me!!

  30. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,125
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I read the whole wiki article before I even posted about it. It does not matter if she sued before or not, SHE SUED THIS TIME AND IT WAS BULLSHIT!!!!! A couple hundred thousand to cover medical bills? For burns on her leg and groin in 1992? I worked in insurance and hospitals for years before I went into the death industry. Again, that is bullshit.

    I don't know if you know "squat" or not, and you don't have to be in a courtroom to be "privvy" to "inside info" Anything that goes on in court is public info, check it out once. I haev testified in numerous homicide and death trials. You don't have to be a lwayer to smell bullshit. The idiot from McDonalds is the core case in frivilous lawsuits.

    Wiki, as you probably know is not the place to look for accurate legal information, but her shit was public info just as the Ritter case is.

    Lawsuits are out of hand. McDonalds, John Ritters greedy widow, you name it. That is not just my personal opinion, it is a well known reason that insurance is so high.

    You have your opinion and I have mine, but nothing can take away the fact that McDonalds was a frivilous lawsuit, and lawsuits just like it are the reason we all pay more when we write our insurance checks.
    You got that right and how about the judge that sued for 67 mil over a pair of lostpants??? When you buy coffee and it is cold can you sue? too hot and you burn YOURSELf can you sue? SUE sue sue . Tie up the courts with this crap. A cop shoots a gangbanger that is carrying agun and gets sued for excessive force. A guy breaks into your home andyou shoot his ass and you get sued. Your husband dies because he has a bad heart and you sue. It is all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4. I can read. I can research records and don't need anyone who is not a lawyer insinuating I am stupid
    and cannot possibly know what a case is all about lol

  31. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,125
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    I'm on the vegan diet (No dead animals, eggs or liquid pus aka cow's milk)
    So any and every law suit against McDummies is a good thing.
    I found a frog in my salad at Veggie Bar can I sue? LOL

  32. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    You got that right and how about the judge that sued for 67 mil over a pair of lostpants??? When you buy coffee and it is cold can you sue? too hot and you burn YOURSELf can you sue? SUE sue sue . Tie up the courts with this crap. A cop shoots a gangbanger that is carrying agun and gets sued for excessive force. A guy breaks into your home andyou shoot his ass and you get sued. Your husband dies because he has a bad heart and you sue. It is all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4. I can read. I can research records and don't need anyone who is not a lawyer insinuating I am stupid
    and cannot possibly know what a case is all about lol
    Amen Novstorm, amen. I was banging my head against the wall here.

    I remember the pants at the drycleaners and that was very recent! My ex (a police officer) got sued over a shitbag and of course he was found not guilty. But waste the courts time, cuz that is your right as a human!!!

  33. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876

    Jury finds no negligence in Ritter case

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23635578/

    Guess 14 million will have to do for Mrs. Ritter.

  34. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    78

    John Ritter

    I was no John Ritter fan. Three's Company was an embarrassingly bad TV show and I can't think of anything he ever did that made me laugh.
    Further, I once visited the Tex Ritter museum near Beaumont, TX and the lady I talked to there told me she had worked there for fifteen years and John had not once visited his father's grave in that period of time. What does this say about him?

  35. #85
    I look at Amy suing this way...doctors should be held accountable for their actions. One of them nearly killed my husband by giving him the wrong medication...why? Because he wasn't listening to me...just flipping through papers when I was describing my husband's heart condition.

  36. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by madmravyn View Post
    I look at Amy suing this way...doctors should be held accountable for their actions. One of them nearly killed my husband by giving him the wrong medication...why? Because he wasn't listening to me...just flipping through papers when I was describing my husband's heart condition.
    Apples and oranges here. John Ritter had a heart condition and was overweight. He did nothing to change those things as the doctors advised him.

    The doctors were found not liable because it was a totally natural death. A far cry from giving someone the wrong medication.

  37. #87
    I doesn't mean anything. My nieces and nephews hardly visit my brother's grave. My sibs hardly visit my dad's grave. They have their reasons and it's not spite, just something more personal. I think one should not judge when it comes to something like that.


    Quote Originally Posted by imogene schlogenwockle View Post
    I was no John Ritter fan. Three's Company was an embarrassingly bad TV show and I can't think of anything he ever did that made me laugh.
    Further, I once visited the Tex Ritter museum near Beaumont, TX and the lady I talked to there told me she had worked there for fifteen years and John had not once visited his father's grave in that period of time. What does this say about him?

  38. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,125
    Quote Originally Posted by madmravyn View Post
    I doesn't mean anything. My nieces and nephews hardly visit my brother's grave. My sibs hardly visit my dad's grave. They have their reasons and it's not spite, just something more personal. I think one should not judge when it comes to something like that.

    Some people just do not do graves as they feel once gone it is over. My Mother In Law never ever went to her husbands or my husbands graves.
    She said they were not there but my Mother went monthly to her families graves and put flowers on them. I guess it is the way we are raised?

  39. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    444

    Can't we all just get along?

    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I read the whole wiki article before I even posted about it. It does not matter if she sued before or not, SHE SUED THIS TIME AND IT WAS BULLSHIT!!!!! A couple hundred thousand to cover medical bills? For burns on her leg and groin in 1992? I worked in insurance and hospitals for years before I went into the death industry. Again, that is bullshit.

    I don't know if you know "squat" or not, and you don't have to be in a courtroom to be "privvy" to "inside info" Anything that goes on in court is public info, check it out once. I haev testified in numerous homicide and death trials. You don't have to be a lwayer to smell bullshit. The idiot from McDonalds is the core case in frivilous lawsuits.

    Wiki, as you probably know is not the place to look for accurate legal information, but her shit was public info just as the Ritter case is.

    Lawsuits are out of hand. McDonalds, John Ritters greedy widow, you name it. That is not just my personal opinion, it is a well known reason that insurance is so high.

    You have your opinion and I have mine, but nothing can take away the fact that McDonalds was a frivilous lawsuit, and lawsuits just like it are the reason we all pay more when we write our insurance checks.
    It's true that lawsuits are out of control, but I completely disagree that this case was frivolous. I'm a legal assistant and have worked in the courtroom for over 30 years. Please don't forget McDonald's had the opportunity to settle this case numerous times and refused. This woman sued not just for the money but for the point to be made. McDonald's has deep pockets. Yet they steadfastly refused to deal with the over 700 complaints that they had received that their coffee was too hot. I normally enjoy your posts in particular. They seem well thought out and informative. I was stunned when I read this response. Having a bad day were you? You can't use this example to make your point. Find another. There are so friggin many it will make your head spin.
    I cried for shoes .... til I met a man with no feet.


  40. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    611
    At the turn of the century in 1900, the average male life expectancy was 48 years. In 1950 is was barely 65.. What I'm saying is 55 seem be young these days, but in perspective, nobody lives forever. People need to acceot that. I think the whole lawsuit and trial was frivolous.

  41. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    Billy Bob Thornton was really hit hard by John Ritter's death. He reportedly asked a plastic surgeon to make him look more like John.
    Yikes is that true? I couldn't find anything about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by HETFIELD View Post
    Whenever you add David Spade to a show, it sucks.
    What? He's hilarious! I love love "JUst Shoot Me."

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Here's John's grave :
    So reminds me of

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...78879548684792

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Amy should go do some more acting work and pay the bills with that money.
    She knows she wouldn't make a living then haha.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    By the way, his work as Vaughan Cunningham in Sling Blade was GREAT.
    Ritter used to tell people that Billy Bob Thornton left the names for the characters up to the actors who were portraying them and John Ritter chose "Vaughan Cunningham" because he imagined a gay older brother in the Cunningham family from "Happy Days". I thought that was brilliant.
    I have never been a JR fan but I loved him in that. That story about his name is cute.

    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodsaint View Post

    /rantover
    That's redundant

    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodsaint View Post
    I had a feeling someone would bring up the famous McDonald's coffee case. ... That is one that people often bring up when they want to prove how messed up our juducial system is and how "frivilous" lawsuits have gotten out of hand-- but if you do some research you'll find that: The victim was a 79 year old woman who had never sued anyone before in her life. When she spilled the coffee, it went through her clothes and caused third-degree burns to her thighs requiring skin-grafting because McDonald's served their coffee way hotter than was the common practice at other restaurants-- to the point where Mickey D's had over 700 complaints but never made any adjustments. And, the woman tried to settle out of court for a couple hundred thousand to cover her medical bills-- only when McDonald's refused, she took it to court... Listen, I'm not a lawyer-- it's just a pet-peeve of mine when people think they "know" the facts and what is right or wrong when the truth is that unless we're in the courtroom or privy to the inside info-- you, me or anyone else doesn't know squat.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald's_coffee_case

    http://lawandhelp.com/q298-2.htm
    Why did an 80 yr old woman have fresh HOT coffee in her lap while riding in a car? It doesn't even matter if it was moving or not. I wouldn't do it. It's stupid. I wouldn't do it in my lap even if I was seated at a table. Operator error.

    Quote Originally Posted by madmravyn View Post
    I look at Amy suing this way...doctors should be held accountable for their actions. One of them nearly killed my husband by giving him the wrong medication...why? Because he wasn't listening to me...just flipping through papers when I was describing my husband's heart condition.
    I don't agree that this was the same thing. Also, I always double check with my pharmacist before I take anything. Always.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  42. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Pammijo View Post
    It's true that lawsuits are out of control, but I completely disagree that this case was frivolous. I'm a legal assistant and have worked in the courtroom for over 30 years. Please don't forget McDonald's had the opportunity to settle this case numerous times and refused. This woman sued not just for the money but for the point to be made. McDonald's has deep pockets. Yet they steadfastly refused to deal with the over 700 complaints that they had received that their coffee was too hot. I normally enjoy your posts in particular. They seem well thought out and informative. I was stunned when I read this response. Having a bad day were you? You can't use this example to make your point. Find another. There are so friggin many it will make your head spin.
    Sorry you did not enjoy this post, but I made the post for me, not you. Everything I say is well thought out and sorry to not make your day again, but I will not find another. I made my point. You did'nt like it? Oh well. The woman was an idiot and she was looking for money, that is clear. McDonald's does not have to settle for anything. Just like the average Joe does not have to settle.

    Nothing makes my head spin, sorry, I testify in court as an expert witness many many times during the year so your legal assistant position does not make your point valid to me, but thanks for trying.

    Have a nice day!

  43. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    At the turn of the century in 1900, the average male life expectancy was 48 years. In 1950 is was barely 65.. What I'm saying is 55 seem be young these days, but in perspective, nobody lives forever. People need to acceot that. I think the whole lawsuit and trial was frivolous.
    I agree, but don't let Pammijo know you think it's frivolous.

  44. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    444

    Hmmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I agree, but don't let Pammijo know you think it's frivolous.

    Okay, you've trained me. I'm not going to respond in kind. Why should I? I have nothing to defend here. I was just stating my opinion, which - whether you like it or not - I'm entitled to. And yes, I was disappointed with your response and since you clearly don't care, sorry to waste your time. You don't have to make comments to all the posters who agree with you and your point of view that they're disagreeing with me. I'll keep my stupid mouth shut. In the future, I'll make sure when I disagree with you, I'll keep my thoughts to myself since you're unwilling to accept anyone else's point of view. After all, I'm only one person, and since you've gathered your evidence you're right and and anyone who disagrees is wrong and stupid, you are completely justified to say whatever you like to them. Good going. Congratulations. You have a nice day, too and good luck with your book.
    I cried for shoes .... til I met a man with no feet.


  45. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    144
    John Ritter looked like he was half-way to death way before he actually passed. I remember watching him guest on Scrubs and thinking he did not have long for this world.

  46. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,346
    I loved John Ritter. I saw Amy Yasbeck on Larry King a couple nights ago,I was getting teary eyed listening to her talk about John. Still can't believe he's gone. He was one of my favorites since I was little watching him on Three's Company. Always had a little crush on him. He was so funny.

  47. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by b57hrle View Post
    His death was really unexpected for me... really liked him
    My sister love him. He was one of those people who were around forever and you never actually had a chance to appreciate what he did. He was always positive and upbeat and seemed genuinely nice. So rare.

  48. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by Pammijo View Post
    Okay, you've trained me. I'm not going to respond in kind. Why should I? I have nothing to defend here. I was just stating my opinion, which - whether you like it or not - I'm entitled to. And yes, I was disappointed with your response and since you clearly don't care, sorry to waste your time. You don't have to make comments to all the posters who agree with you and your point of view that they're disagreeing with me. I'll keep my stupid mouth shut. In the future, I'll make sure when I disagree with you, I'll keep my thoughts to myself since you're unwilling to accept anyone else's point of view. After all, I'm only one person, and since you've gathered your evidence you're right and and anyone who disagrees is wrong and stupid, you are completely justified to say whatever you like to them. Good going. Congratulations. You have a nice day, too and good luck with your book.

    FWIW, I thought your response to lisalover was very well-reasoned and thought-out. I thought that even though you disagreed with her using the McDonald's case as an example of a frivolous lawsuit, you did so in a respectful and non-condescending way. You didn't say anything wrong.

  49. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by janel View Post
    John Ritter looked like he was half-way to death way before he actually passed. I remember watching him guest on Scrubs and thinking he did not have long for this world.
    He had put on alot of weight and didn't look well I agree with you there.

    He didn't seem to take his health matters seriously IMO either?

  50. #100
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,142
    In the last few things I saw him in (but by the way, could never watch right through) ...............

    I believe he was struggling for breath or breathless in scenes.

    I think I was only slightly aware of it at the time but very uncomfortable in watching him!

    He obviously was not travelling well and frankly looked like he was abusing his body or had done!

    Who to sue???
    Last edited by cherryghost; 03-30-2008 at 08:51 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •