Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Singers Who Can't Sing

I know she is not really a singer but wtf is up with Nicki Minaj? That performance at the Grammys was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I know she is not really a singer but wtf is up with Nicki Minaj? That performance at the Grammys was horrible.
    I am totally unimpressed with her weather it's on the Grammys or on the radio. I'm not really understanding how she became a successful singer.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

I really like her song "Super Bass" but she is really over the top. People bag on GaGa for being strange (but to me she makes it ok) but Nicki is unexplainable. At least with GaGa her videos and such jive with the songs.
    Aaahhhh! Springtime in southern Nevada!

Reading through the thread, I'll go with some that were already commented on....

Bob Dylan - great song writer, used to be a ok singer but now I can't understand his mumblings which is to bad.
    Bruce Springsteen - I just thought he was ok, he had a couple good written songs....his band was great...and I have seen him in concert, that just made me think, Yes he sounds like crap.
    Bjork - just WTF? Really?
    Neil Young - Like him, his songs, seems he turned into a Yeller.
    Johnny Cash - Hey, it's Johnny Fucking Cash..he just sounds like himself..lol
    Amy Winehouse - a Damn Shame. When she first came out I thought damn she's great.
    Katy Perry - Don't get it.
    Britney - Who? What? She sings?
    Christina...Ummm...ok, I like her mostly...I don't know why...lol
    Michael McDonald - I like him well enough, haven't heard him do anything lately but I don't own any of his music.
    Paris Hilton & Brooke Hogan - Again, they sing? No Thanks.
    Axl Rose - Wow, I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit.
    Saylor Swift - Sorry, don't get it...she's young, she's pretty she has all kind of confidence and seems like she's a truly nice girl...I don't like any of her songs.....and it's not like I don't like Country...Patsy is my all time favs.
    Justin Bieber - Never heard a song...I'm way past Tiger Beat!
    Curt Cobain - Although he was a youngin compared to me, I liked him, I think they had good songs and bad songs, I think he could have been very good writting songs. They had a sound all their own.
    Fergie - Who did she pay or sleep with.
    Zooey Deschanel - knows her little songs are irriatating, but I heard her sing a real song and she had a fantastic voice once she opened up and let her character go.
    Nicki Minaj - WTH was that at the Grammys, I went for the volume and shut my eyes....wtH?
    Frank Sinatra - Loved him, loved the whole Rat Pack thing.
    Last edited by Town Without Pity; 02-13-2012 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Spelling
    "A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Quote Originally Posted by Town Without Pity View Post
    Reading through the thread, I'll go with some that were already commented on....

Bob Dylan - great song writer, used to be a ok singer but now I can't understand his mumblings which is to bad.
    Bruce Springsteen - I just thought he was ok, he had a couple good written songs....his band was great...and I have seen him in concert, that just made me think, Yes he sounds like crap.
    Bjork - just WTF? Really?
    Neil Young - Like him, his songs, seems he turned into a Yeller.
    Johnny Cash - Hey, it's Johnny Fucking Cash..he just sounds like himself..lol
    Amy Winehouse - a Damn Shame. When she first came out I thought damn she's great.
    Katy Perry - Don't get it.
    Britney - Who? What? She sings?
    Christina...Ummm...ok, I like her mostly...I don't know why...lol
    Michael McDonald - I like him well enough, haven't heard him do anything lately but I don't own any of his music.
    Paris Hilton & Brooke Hogan - Again, they sing? No Thanks.
    Axl Rose - Wow, I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit.
    Saylor Swift - Sorry, don't get it...she's young, she's pretty she has all kind of confidence and seems like she's a truly nice girl...I don't like any of her songs.....and it's not like I don't like Country...Patsy is my all time favs.
    Justin Bieber - Never heard a song...I'm way past Tiger Beat!
    Curt Cobain - Although he was a youngin compared to me, I liked him, I think they had good songs and bad songs, I think he could have been very good writting songs. They had a sound all their own.
    Fergie - Who did she pay or sleep with.
    Zooey Deschanel - knows her little songs are irriatating, but I heard her sing a real song and she had a fantastic voice once she opened up and let her character go.
    Nicki Minaj - WTH was that at the Grammys, I went for the volume and shut my eyes....wtH?
    Frank Sinatra - Loved him, loved the whole Rat Pack thing.
    Oh I LOVE me some Frank S. Like you, I love all the Rat Packers. Dino had a wonderful sound!! I love all those guys from that era. I really, really love Robert Goulet. He had such a rich, deep voice.

IMHO any Rap/crap Star that has ever tried to sing! Except Eminem. I disagree with the Fact that Country Singers can't sing! If you don't like George Jones or Merle Haggard..You need a hearing check! Robert Goulet? He can't carry a tune in a Bucket! LOL
    Last edited by Tiger; 02-13-2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: added more opinions
    R.I.P. Larry Hagman

Rihanna! She is a great example of a studio-produced singer. She is ALWAYS terrible live.
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

Chris Brown one of the many artists out today that uses computer enhancement to make a fake voice for them.What a joke!

Chris Brown is a joke in many more ways than one!

Tiger, I love Merle Haggard, but can't stand George Jones. Does that mean my hearing is only half way gone?

OK I'm gonna say it, and before I do, I'm gonna tell you that I'm a HUGE Zeppelin fan....

Robert Plant can't sing...

or I should say he cant sing anymore,...something happened to his voice around 1975, and he hasn't been the same since..

I don't really consider Donald Fagen a good singer either, but I can't imagine anyone else as Steely Dan's singer

Quote Originally Posted by Marxette View Post
    Kris Kristofferson. Awful
    There it is! Scrolling down, I was afraid he wouldn't be mentioned, making me feel old! Add Yoko Ono to the very top of the list, William Shatner, Clint Eastwood, Bob Dylan & Sonny Bono.

LOL No Mammy...To each his/her own. I also agree with Marxette..Kris Kristofferson is terrible!
    R.I.P. Larry Hagman

Leonard Cohen ---> love him
    Neil Young ---> love him
    Willy Nelson ---> love him

Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    Rihanna! She is a great example of a studio-produced singer. She is ALWAYS terrible live.
    I'm glad you mentioned Rihanna. I've never heard her live but I always wondered how much of her songs are "her" and how much are "enhanced"

Michael Bolton - if it hurts so much for him to sing maybe he should just shut up. He ruined all those great R&B songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalay View Post
    OK I'm gonna say it, and before I do, I'm gonna tell you that I'm a HUGE Zeppelin fan....

Robert Plant can't sing...

or I should say he cant sing anymore,...something happened to his voice around 1975, and he hasn't been the same since..
    Sadly, I have to agree with you. I know he and his family had a serious car accident in Rhodes, Greece in August of 1975. I'm wondering if that had something to do with it. Or maybe his non-stop smoking caught up to him that year? Either way. It's just sad.
    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg

Katy Perry sounds atrocious live. I can't stand her or her music anyway.
    Also, I don't know if Jennifer Lopez has been added to this list yet. I haven't had time to read through the whole thread. She definitely belongs on this list. Her vocals are thin and flat. There's no depth in her voice, and the fact that she is JUDGING vocal talents on AI is a joke. Bitch can't sing. LOL!
    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg

Do any of you remember the album Pat Boone put out several years ago singing Metallica's songs? It was horrific!

A-r-e-t-h-a

Back and forth between Pittsburgh and Tampa
    William Shatner. Ay, talk about horrid.
    "You are what you think. If you think and you know that you can make it, then you are going to make it"
    - Jeff Reed, former NFL kicker

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    William Shatner. Ay, talk about horrid.
    I thought he did a good job with Rocket Man. Oh wait, he spoke throughout that song, didn't sing. Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Do any of you remember the album Pat Boone put out several years ago singing Metallica's songs? It was horrific!
    It was HILARIOUS!
    “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.”

How far would you drive to rock in another man's grave?- Love/Hate, Happy Hour

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    ugh Taylor Swift on the Grammys. Blech.
    Ditto!!! BLECH!!!

Casper, I love you so much baby boy! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Just got my Tix to go and see Madonna in August, so excited
    She has a horrible voice live ( the 1st time I saw her she sounded like Mickey Mouse on helium :S) but the stage show more than makes up for it!

I absolutely despise Kid Rock. He is always so greasy and dirty looking and you can almost get a whiff of armpits, stale beer, and cigarettes just by looking at a picture of him.He looks like the type of guy who goes to take a piss, gives his wee wee a shake, fails to wash his hands, and then sticks his hand into a potato chip bag. His "singing" is atrocious.
    Just had to quote this - CLASSIC, Mammy! This made me laugh so hard, I frightened my cat! Love your reference to gnats in the nether region, too...whew, that evokes a crystal-clear image (and smell)...we could call them "go-gnats" (gnats for gonads)! Sick! My opinion of Kid Rock was confirmed when he had that rumble in the wee hours of the morning at a freaking Waffle House. That's some People-Of-Wal-Mart-Photos shite!
    "I like my big old granny panties, but I don't want them big enough to bunch up and make it look like I shit my pants." - Mammy

Mammy - your term was "pecker gnats". EEEWWW!!! Perfect!!!

Ah, singers who can't sing. I have to say that I root for a few of them, not just because I myself am a pretty bad singer, but because sometimes it's the songwriting that trumps the voice. I like this for two reasons: one, in America/pop music the vocalist seems to receive 98% of the accolades (e.g., DJ's talk over the instrumental intro and stop when the singer comes in), whereas there are other musicians and factors involved in making a song great; and two, I forgot what two was. (I just turned 40, and boy, am I feeling it. Get offa my lawn!!!) Oh, yes! Two, it frees the weak-voiced songwriter, in a way, from judgment and puts their message in a different light. Bob Dylan is a perfect example (or, someone mentioned Paul Simon earlier - I'm not a huge Dylan fan, but I find Simon's writing to be fantastic and enduring). And neither Dylan nor Simon got by on cutesy looks or ham-handed marketing (insert Taylor Swift comparison here...and yes, she writes her material, but IMHO it's no "The Boxer" or "Still Crazy After All These Years"...you be the prince and I'll be the princess...hork!).

As for singers who can't sing, and yet write/choose horrible material and are shoved down our throats in every restaurant/club/grocery store...no mercy.

And singers who have great pipes but write/choose horrible material! I can't stand any songs sung by Celine Dion or Michelle Branch, but I think they have amazing voices.
    "I like my big old granny panties, but I don't want them big enough to bunch up and make it look like I shit my pants." - Mammy

I've never been too impressed with Shania Twain's voice, especially "Forever and Always". She sounds like a cat in heat looking out the window and spotting another cat in the driveway.

Ah but she has the package for a country star- she beautiful, can hold a note and has an horrendous back story
    “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.”

Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    Ah but she has the package for a country star- she beautiful, can hold a note and has an horrendous back story
    Isn't that the truth. Although there has been debate over the validity of her back ground story. First she said she had a poor, but love filled childhood, then she said she didn't. I think her ex husband Mutt is the one who created her and her background story

Lizzie Grant, sorry I mean Lana Del Rayyyyyyyyyyy

GASP! Back off the Lana!

Taylor Swift can't carry a tune in a bucket. "Why you gotta be so MEEAAN?!" Cause I'm tired of listening to your "songs" about being a victim. Has this girl EVER had a decent relationship? I mean, she's not but like 21, or something. How bad could they really be? Blah!

Ozzy Osbourne.......painful.
    ​GO FUCK A DUCK

I can tolerate Ozzy's singing, but listening to him stutter and stammer through an interview is unbearable. He's the best living public service announcement for why years of drug abuse is not a good idea. I love "Close My Eyes Forever" that he sang with Lita Ford. Awesome song!

I am forced to listen to the top 40 that is pumped through the mall at work, because there's a huge speaker right outside my office door, and I have literally only heard one decent voice today. One. Couldn't tell you who it was though. Why is music today SOOOOOO brutal???
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

here's my list:
    Aaron Neville...he sounds like an unoiled door
    J Lo...
    Patti Labelle...omg
    Kid Rock
    Michael Bolten....he sounds constipated
    Rhianna
    Justin Bieber ( I honestly do not know what the big deal is)
    save a life become an organ and tissue donor!

I agree with everyone on your list except Michael Bolton. (blushing in shame) I actually like him. I intensely dislike J-ho and just the mention of Kid Rock causes me to mutter profanity. I have several rants about him in different threads here. How he ever achieved any popularity is a mystery to me.

I agree with everyone on your list except Michael Bolton. (blushing in shame) I actually like him. I intensely dislike J-ho and just the mention of Kid Rock causes me to mutter profanity. I have several rants about him in different threads here. How he ever achieved any popularity is a mystery to me.
    I don't get J-lo either. All she does is caterwaul in her songs. She's not a great singer, and I have yet to be impressed with her dancing. I've never seen her in any movies so I can't offer an opinion on her acting. But if it's like her dancing and singing, then why in the heck is she famous?

I can't stand her either, but I think she loves herself enough for all of us. She should have disappeared after her gig as a fly girl on In Living Color was over.

I can't stand her either, but I think she loves herself enough for all of us. She should have disappeared after her gig as a fly girl on In Living Color was over.
    Even back then, her dancing didn't stand out from the other Fly Girls. Plus she's a huge phony! Kind of like Celine. They like to harken back to their humble roots when they're in an interview but they probably wouldn't allow anyone from their old neighborhoods to shake their hand.

hahaha J-ho lol! Mammy, my Aunt likes Michael Bolton as well ( she loves him is more like it) and has seen him in concert 2 times I believe. Don't blush, you are allowed to like whoever you want!

My husband gives me hell over liking Michael Bolton, so I'm used to the blushing. I like his songs, but I don't like him enough to go to a concert and his old videos crack me up with his high waisted, nut hugger jeans.

I was gonna tell you where I live, then I took an arrow in the knee
    Billy Corgan.

I really like him and the Smashing Pumpkins, but i cringed when heard his cover of Landslide.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/FujikoMine/Fujikos Pics/fujikogun.gif

Jlo is the classic case of "sleeping your way to the top." I couldn't believe she got the most beautiful woman in the world title, after all the cosmetic surgery, makeup and hair extensions she wears. I just can't tolerate her arrogance..

This isn't all that "beautiful."

jennifer-lopez-without-makeup-3.jpegjenlopez1r.jpg2.jpg
    Last edited by Jenivere2011; 03-04-2012 at 10:53 PM.

She cleans up nice, but I'm not the least bit impressed by her day to day look. You can tell she is a bitch just by looking at her. Ben Affeck must be so relieved that he dodged that bullet. On the other hand, maybe J-ho married Marc Anthony because anyone would look good in comparison to that chihuahua looking bastard.

Marc Anthony looks like a Gremlin. I also heard J-Ho was a total bitch, but she screwed Ben Affleck. Im jellos for rills!
    Killer Party The Website!! Now Open!! Come chat with me! www.killerpartythemovie.com

If I listen to Adele set fire to the rain one more time I'm going to set fire to her. She sounds awful.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    If I listen to Adele set fire to the rain one more time I'm going to set fire to her. She sounds awful.
    I thought I was the only one!

We could have had it ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

shut up!

Quote Originally Posted by death_hag_slag View Post
    I thought I was the only one!

We could have had it ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

shut up!
    My sister has taught my 5 year old that song...ugh... its cute how lele sings it but omg...Im so tired of Adele

I agree with whoever said Lana del Ray. Oh my fucking GAWD that girl is fucking terrible. Dragging out "videeeeeo gaaaaaames" in that horrible, phony tranny voice. BLEGH BLEGH BLEGH. I don't know why, but I really really really hate her. If you're looking for a woman with balls and talent then look up Angela Gossow. Lady crush for sure <3