Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson

I don't care for his art but if you listen to him speak he can be pretty inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    I don't care for his art but if you listen to him speak he can be pretty inspiring.
    Indeed. Have any of you ever googled his quotes?

''I don't want to be just a smiling face you see on television presenting some vapid kind of easily-digestible garbage.''

“This is the culture you're raising your kids in. Don't be surprised if it blows up in your face.”

“Music is the strongest form of magic.”

"I think art is the only thing that's spirtual in the world. And I refuse to forced to believe in other people's interpretations of God. I don't think anybody should be. No one person can own the copyright to what God means.”

"We live in a society of victimization, where people are much more comfortable being victimized than actually standing up for themselves."

"I fear being like everyone I hate, I fear failure, I fear losing control. I love balancing between chaos and control with everything I do. I always have a fear of going one way or another, getting lost in something, or losing everything to get lost in. And I fear being a completely acceptable sheep in society."

''You should have to pass an IQ test before you breed. You have to take a driving test to operate vehicles and an SAT test to get into college. So why dont you have to take some sort of test before you give birth to children? When I am President, that's the first rule I will institute.''

''People tend to associate anyone who looks and behaves differently with illegal or immoral activity.''

“When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed.”

''The burden of originality is one that most people don't want to accept. They'd rather sit in front of the TV and let that tell them what they're supposed to like, what they're supposed to buy, and what they're supposed to laugh at.''

“I never said to be like me, I say to be like you and make a difference.”

''I feel like someone who I wouldn't let my own daughter fuck, and I also feel like someone who, if I was that daughter, would want to fuck more that anyone else.''
    Last edited by FoxMulder; 11-05-2007 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Added more

Guest Guest
    Well, in MY opinion, I have 2 albums from him, when I get in one of my moods I pop in one of his CD's. His music is upbeat and I guess to understand it you have to have a sort of twisted mind. Oh but I thought that is why were we all here....... morbid little minds we have.

I really don't see why there is a reason to " hate " someone because of their music or the way they look. He babbles about love, death, drugs, life and sex. Some of you may not be able to understand it, that's why you have your opinion. Pink Floyd sang about injecting and being high but there is no reason to call him a twatwaffle junkie.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Saw some footage of him last night wiping his ass with the American flag.
    He's a button pusher.
    And at any rate, whatever he's done, he made a very large career out of it.
    The first time I saw him, it totally crreped me out & I said if I had kids & they were into him I would be very concerned. Then I thought would it be any different to me liking Alice Cooper as a teen...what must my parents have thought!!!

But I have to say, after this tid bit of info, I don't like him at all!!! He needs to go live somewhere else since he has so little respect for this country. Even if you can get past his looks, he is certainly no role model for young people with that attitude.

That burlesque dancer he was married to, can't think of her name now, was really pretty I thought. Never seen what she saw in him, he doesn't look like he'd be attractive without the make-up either.

PS....have never heard any of his music that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    I don't get him. I also don't see the attraction. If you are fan, please tell me what the excitement is about him.

If you are not a fan, maybe you can tell me why he gives me the creeps.

My mama thinks he can be saved but I personally think he's trying too hard. Ozzy knock off but there's hope. (My ma loves Ozzy.)
    Who Better to laugh at what's inapproriate than me? Politically incorrect people like myself enjoy undaunted humor.

That lady was my grandma who past away 2 years ago. She was young and angry in this picture though lol. I guess someone needs to get out there and shovel.

My kids really like his music I personally think he is weird. But then in every generation we all have our own preference's of music that the generation before us think it is weird or yucky lol! My parents loved Glen Miller (yuck!) or country (some is ok) but I liked and still do hard rock some heavy metal or classic rock of 70's & 80's. My older siblings like the Beatles & such my parents just could not understand them lol!
    At my age I do what Mark Twain did. I get my daily paper, look at the obituaries page and if I'm not there I carry on as usual."
    Patrick Moore.

what was the nature of the relation between marilyn and trent reznor?

Quote Originally Posted by midnitelamp View Post
    what was the nature of the relation between marilyn and trent reznor?
    Trent Reznor produced the debut, Portrait of an American Family album and released it on his own record label "Nothing".

Then Marilyn and Trent were arguing about who brought more sales and publicity to the record label. Marilyn said that he was the prime reason for its success, which pissed Trent Reznor off. Then they just got over it and they all lived happily ever after. The End.

He always reminds me of a teenager with the attitude "Bad attention is better than none" Nothing against him or his music but not for the mummy here!!!

I remember seeing some of his first videos (Tourniquet, Beautiful People) and the imagery was dark and disturbing (loved it). I do like some of his songs (the Dope Show) and find he does have songs that get in my head like earworms and have a difficult time not having them run through over and over. I think that he is a total product of the 80s. It looks to me like one of his biggest influences in Annie Lenox (Eurythmics) in his imagery and videos (but on a darker level). I thought this before he did the covers of Sweet Dreams. I wouldn't go buy his albums or go to a concert...but I do think he is intelligent and well spoken and a genius in self promotion...He is a jackass for leaving Dita Von Tease!

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    This will show you how good Manson is. You are all talking about him. I bet none of you can name 5 of his songs without using google. I can't. He is all show. His music is terrible. I hear it once and i forget about it.
    Actually, I could name more than 5 without Google, since I was a huge fan years ago...

Hell, I still keep MP3s of, and regularly listen to these 5:
    Get Your Gunn
    Dopehat
    Lunchbox
    Tourniquet
    The Beautiful People

I liked his stuff from before he became famous the best (Portrait of An American Family from 1994 was a really good metal CD). But musically everything has gradually gone downhill since, and he's became more about the shock aspect.

Identity crisis. It's all I'm going to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Identity crisis. It's all I'm going to say.
    Why? Because he's different to what people consider the ''norm''?

Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post
    Why? Because he's different to what people consider the ''norm''?
    I am a very open minded person, just that this guy is somewhat deviated from "normal" to me. It's just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    I am a very open minded person, just that this guy is somewhat deviated from "normal" to me. It's just a thought.

What is normal though? Some people could refer to us as ''abnormal'' because of the interest we have. I find abnormal people far more interesting than so called ''normal''. Maybe thats just me though.

What is normal though? Some people could refer to us as ''abnormal'' because of the interest we have. I find abnormal people far more interesting than so called ''normal''. Maybe thats just me though.
    I personally consider a "normal" person a male that does not wear clown makeup and look whiter than milk. I understand celebrities during movies and TV appearances, aside of that, not "normal" to me.

I don't get him. I also don't see the attraction. If you are fan, please tell me what the excitement is about him.

one word.....

MERCHANDISING

Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I've disliked him ever since I heard his totally fucked up version of "Sweet Dreams" - my favorite Eurythmics song!
    Have to agree with Aries here... he completely destroyed this song.
    "Death will be a great relief. No more interviews."

Katharine Hepburn

Last edited by D3LIVIÄN; 01-03-2008 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Because big brother is watching.

My first band Madonna Dahmer were highly influenced by Manson

The SPIN interview of him was ridiculous. It wasn't just Marilyn,but the person who did the interview.
    First,supposedly both got drunk off Absinthe(isn't that illegal?) The interviewer then mentioned that he has liver problems. Yeah,nice.
    Then he hung out with Marilyn and his GF and made it clear they did Cocaine together. That Marilyn loves cocaine. He also loves his really young GF.
    I liked Marilyn's autobiography and sometimes listen to his music. But that interview made me wonder if he is just a twit. If that was just to hype himself, he could of used more imagination.

Supposedly he hit on Howard Stern... so Howard says.

Quote Originally Posted by MPetro108 View Post
    Have to agree with Aries here... he completely destroyed this song.
    In this thread I posted a link with him and Alice Cooper doing the song live...it sounds like crap.

Marilyn always looked up to his dad Alice!!!
    Last edited by Danny62; 11-06-2007 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    The SPIN interview of him was ridiculous. It wasn't just Marilyn,but the person who did the interview.
    First,supposedly both got drunk off Absinthe(isn't that illegal?) The interviewer then mentioned that he has liver problems. Yeah,nice.
    Then he hung out with Marilyn and his GF and made it clear they did Cocaine together. That Marilyn loves cocaine. He also loves his really young GF.
    I liked Marilyn's autobiography and sometimes listen to his music. But that interview made me wonder if he is just a twit. If that was just to hype himself, he could of used more imagination.
    I do believe Absinthe is illegal. MM is having a limited stock produced for himself in another country.

I saw him in concert a long time ago and he kept wiping his ass with the bible and throwing the pages to the crowd who then caught them and proceeded to rub the pages all over their bodies .....it was gross as all hell!!

Ok 1. Absinthe isn't illegal to have, it just can't be sold in the US. You can have it shipped here, but Not to certain states.

2. I was a big Marilyn Manson fan. I met all the members of his original band in 95 after a concert in Chicago, when he was still playing small venues. I didn't meet him though. I've seen him maybe 6 or 7 times total. At the time the draw was that he was so very different than the major alternative scene that was happening, and yes, his music did sort of speak to that rebellious teen in me. I liked the concerts and the persona of him because of the shocking things he does. His music was different than what I was hearing at the time, and the lyrics were deep and spoke to me. I'm not so much a fan anymore, because the last two or so albums have done nothing for me, but I'd still go to a concert.

Thanks everyone!!! I learned a few things about him, I didn't know!! I guess you just had to be there.

I've never been a fan- I haven't really ever listened to his stuff- I saw some things with The Dope Show, and the whole fake boobie and tucking it back thing kind of scared me...

That being said, he's intelligent, well spoken, and well reasoned. I find the ass wiping with the Bible a little offensive, but to each their own...
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

he gives me the creeps too but i believe some of it to be fake. he will do anything for a dollar even if it means selling his soul. i believe he has done so much negative crap that he feels he may as well keep it up. there is no turning back now.

He can't be explained..and I agree Aries..he mutilated that song..it's my favorite too!
    Zombie kitteh is Hungry!!

Music by numbers in my opinion. Shocking to some, nothing to others. G G Allin makes Marilyn Manson look like Peter Pan but I know people personally who'd freak people out far more than Manson or Allin ever could and I'm sure other people here do too.

I imagine his final comment to Michael Moore in Bowling for Columbine sent shivers down a few parents spines when they realised their nemesis was speaking the truth.

Manson's an intelligent guy who's targeted the most receptive demographic and as a result is laughing all the way to the bank, kudos to him if that was his original intention.

I don't like him. He tries too hard....if he were original, musically, he wouldn't need all that external stuff or to shock people with his actions. It's shallow. I agree with W Axl Rose---he's laughing all the way to the bank.
    He is NO Alice Cooper. I'll agree with that.

actually absinthe has been legal here in the us since may. also if you like his video images you should check out a jordokosy flick a lot are stolen from there. he's actually supposed to be in his newest flick if he ever gets the funding together as a 300 year old pope.

read his book A Long Hard Road Out Of Hell
    its actually a good read... funny too! One of my favorite books...

I personally love Marilyn Manson Ive seen him live twice and was well worth the money i spent and the almost 3 hour drive. He is a fellow Ohioian his parent still live here... He had a rather fucked up childhood which contributes to his oddness.
    Now for why he has Manson as his name....everyone but two members (John 5 and Tim Skold) had a serial kills name so it was just a theme for the band, also I dont thin Brian Warner would be a good rock n roll name. anyways just read the book.

and on that whole most musicians are losers thing... My boyfriend is a musician and an amazing one at that so I didnt like that comment but everyone has the right to their own opinion.

Trent Reznor produced the debut, Portrait of an American Family album and released it on his own record label "Nothing".

Then Marilyn and Trent were arguing about who brought more sales and publicity to the record label. Marilyn said that he was the prime reason for its success, which pissed Trent Reznor off. Then they just got over it and they all lived happily ever after. The End.

Actually it was Trent was suppose to be helping with manson's second album but then had manson kicked out of the studio midway through it... their fight was actually over none other than ms nasty herself Courtney Love.... ugh!

When I first heard Manson back in '94 "This is great rock n' roll!" Two years later, I waited outside in the rain at midnight to but "Antichrist Superstar". It's still one of my favorites. Since then, I've seen him live about 6 times.

Am I the only one here who actually prefers Manson's cover of Sweet Dreams to the Eurythmics version?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Raines View Post
    Am I the only one here who actually prefers Manson's cover of Sweet Dreams to the Eurythmics version?
    No I do. Never liked the original. I love the video too. Har.

lol katie
    Watch what you say or do today....tomorrow you might wake up dead!!

not a fan. manson is just using his transvestite shock stuff to make money like anybody else. if you like it fine. but Im not into this type of weirdness

I do too

No, I like it better. Never a Eurythmics fan.

Yay! I'm not alone! hehe

I always hated the Eurythmics.

I think if he didnt dress like he did and just went on the merit of his music he would be a run of the mill neo-metal act, i.e. Stabbing Westward. Laughing all the way to the bank at all the kids who feel "Different" or "Alienated" or who just want to fit in by being "Edgy" that buy his unoriginal, contrived garbage. He is talentless as Fred Durst. His music is written by whatever studio muscians and producers he hires.
    Just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I think if he didnt dress like he did and just went on the merit of his music he would be a run of the mill neo-metal act, i.e. Stabbing Westward. Laughing all the way to the bank at all the kids who feel "Different" or "Alienated" or who just want to fit in by being "Edgy" that buy his unoriginal, contrived garbage. He is talentless as Fred Durst. His music is written by whatever studio muscians and producers he hires.
    Just my opinion though.
    Correction, I'm not a ''kid'' who feels the need to be ''different'' I've never felt ''alienated'' and I certainly don't want to fit in by being ''edgy'', and I have all his albums. Regardless of how he dresses, he is still an intelligent, articulate man, who, if you took the time to read some of his quotes, actually speaks a lot of sense. Yeah, it's not for everyone, but his lyrics, which incidently he writes all of, are what I like him for.

Marilyn Manson Accused of Buying Child's Skeleton, Human Skin Masks
    Friday , November 23, 2007

Shock rock singer Marilyn Manson has been accused of squandering his band's profit on a child's skeleton and masks made of human skin.

Keyboardist Stephen "Pogo" Bier filed a breach of contract lawsuit in August in which he accused Manson of taking cash belonging to the rest of the band to pay for the "sick and disturbing" purchases.

His lawyer Keith Fink has now filed additional papers adding to a list of artefacts bought by the goth singer- many of which are illegal in the US.

As well as the skeleton and masks, Manson is said to have bought a range of stuffed animals, including a grizzly bear and two baboons.

He is also accused of using band funds to pay for a collection of Nazi memorabilia.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312616,00.html

He just put a new spin on a new package, and sold it to a new, unfamiliar generation of fans

What fresh hell is this ? ~ Dorothy Parker

]

Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    My first band Madonna Dahmer were highly influenced by Manson
    Oh frick you always pop up with these posts that make me laff!!

going to see him in concert on dec 6 in manchester yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    droplets of yes and no in an ocean of maybe

He's obviously a eunich:

I don't find him that intelligent. He's just sharing basic observations. Some of them I've already come up with but I don't have a widespeard venue for sharing them.
    MM is just a shock jock attention whore with his gimmick.
    A man wearing makeup is some kind of fruit cake.