Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Above-average intelligence.......very twisted though. Hence the appeal. Kind of like Alice cooper in the 70s, although alice turned out to be conservative. Wonder what Marilyn's politics are?

I know nothing (personal) about him and I avoid looking at him because he gives me the super creeps, but I do like his music. It's great music to be pissed off to.
    A little bad taste is like a dash of paprika.
    -Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by ManUnitedRedDevil View Post
    I know nothing (personal) about him and I avoid looking at him because he gives me the super creeps, but I do like his music. It's great music to be pissed off to.
    Disturbed and Godsmack sldo good to music to be po'd to

RigorMortis Guest
    I really could give a rat's ass about him. I do like the song Turniquet but that's about it from him. I've always said that he will turn out to be a great Christain apologist like Ravi Zacharis. I don't know why but I've always felt that way regarding his views. I really don't think he buys the shit he's selling. You watch, if he lives 20 years he'll have a sign in his yard that says, "Honk if you love Jesus."

Quote Originally Posted by BellePosting View Post
    Marilyn Manson Accused of Buying Child's Skeleton, Human Skin Masks
    Friday , November 23, 2007

Shock rock singer Marilyn Manson has been accused of squandering his band's profit on a child's skeleton and masks made of human skin.

Keyboardist Stephen "Pogo" Bier filed a breach of contract lawsuit in August in which he accused Manson of taking cash belonging to the rest of the band to pay for the "sick and disturbing" purchases.

His lawyer Keith Fink has now filed additional papers adding to a list of artefacts bought by the goth singer- many of which are illegal in the US.

As well as the skeleton and masks, Manson is said to have bought a range of stuffed animals, including a grizzly bear and two baboons.

He is also accused of using band funds to pay for a collection of Nazi memorabilia.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312616,00.html
    What I like about MM is that his wonderful lyrics that he writes, must somehow be influenced by his sick obsessions, perverse behaviors, and disregard for the laws. Wow, I got to listen to more of his stuff....

not a fan, really didn't care one way or another, but this seems to sway my view a bit towards a big thumbs down. Real tough to defend the guy after this story.

How intelligent is he?

hey, it's one thing to buy illegal stuff on your own dime, but why "steal" from your band to buy stuff? Why would anyone need a child's skeleton? or human skin masks? that's just seems way wrong. I'm waiting for anyone to justify these purchases, I would really like to hear how this is acceptable.

I will leave the Nazi memorabilia out, since I guess there are people out there that actually collect that... (or perhaps MM likes what the Nazi's stood for, and that's why he purchased a collection of the stuff)

In the end, at least he's not copying anyone else, he's truly blazing his own trail, fersure. Rock Pioneer.

Disturbed and Godsmack= Jock Metal

Can someone explain to me how Manson could spend the band's money? I've always understood that each member of the band is paid by the record company. If I'm reading this correctly, it seems like the former band member is saying that Manson was supposed to pay all of them and he kept their money too, is that right? It doesn't seem possible ot me, but I'm not a music biz expert.

Aside from that I've been a Manson fan for years. I like what he has to say and I really don't care how he looks when he says it. He can say it standing on his head while pulling a rabbit out of his ass if it makes him happy. Doesn't bother me any.

My guess is it either
    A. The band had deals as independent contractors to be paid by Manson from funds alocated by the record company
    B. they feel manson took credit for songwriting when they contributed and feel they are owed royalties.

I don't like that guy, either. He's just not interesting to me. Tries to hard to get people's attention like a puppy that humps your leg!
    "A dreaded sunny day, so I'll meet you at the cemetry gates..." - The Smiths

I like his music, I also like Godsmack, and I'm not going to pass opinions on what I think of someone else's music....I think MM is intelligent from seeing his interviews and reading his book. I also think he tries to shock people, that's what brought him attention and now he has to up the ante to match his reputation. I liked both versions of Sweet Dreams, but then again I am a metal head who loves hearing Pavarotti sing...go figure. Alot of people would think we are weird or shocking and that Scott is sick for collecting the things he does........variety is the spice of life folks

Manson Accused Of Buying Skeleton

At my age I do what Mark Twain did. I get my daily paper, look at the obituaries page and if I'm not there I carry on as usual."
    Patrick Moore.

Weirdo...

1. It is on sky
    2. Manson is getting sued by a disgruntled former member, so all manner of outlandish crap and allegations are going to come out.
    3. The band made a gazillion dollars and the moron is suing because Marlyn spent a few K on stuff. Living in the land of the free, he can buy whatever he damn well pleases as long as it is legal.
    4. It is yet to be proved he squandered the bands money and not his own.

Trial by media anyone?

Dude...... Just move on.
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 12-11-2007 at 06:21 AM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

i dont beleive it either. i like him
    You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
    -Charles Manson

I don'y know if it is true or not, just seen it and thought I would post it. My kids like his music also, can't say I care for it but I don't knock their music because in every generation the one before has their own taste in music. I have heard Marilyln Mansons music and I gotta say some of the songs are not too bad and this coming from a middle age lady lol!
    At my age I do what Mark Twain did. I get my daily paper, look at the obituaries page and if I'm not there I carry on as usual."
    Patrick Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    1. It is on sky
    2. Manson is getting sued by a disgruntled former member, so all manner of outlandish crap and allegations are going to come out.
    3. The band made a gazillion dollars and the moron is suing because Marlyn spent a few K on stuff. Living in the land of the free, he can buy whatever he damn well pleases as long as it is legal.
    4. It is yet to be proved he squandered the bands money and not his own.

Trial by media anyone?

Dude...... Just move on.
    Amen brother! This has been going on for years and years. Every time it quiets down a bit the former bandmate makes new allegations. I'm calling bullshit on this one. That seems to be my new hobby these days.
    "Certian songs, they get scratched into our souls." Craig Finn

Quote Originally Posted by attackatdawn View Post
    I don'y know if it is true or not, just seen it and thought I would post it. My kids like his music also, can't say I care for it but I don't knock their music because in every generation the one before has their own taste in music. I have heard Marilyln Mansons music and I gotta say some of the songs are not too bad and this coming from a middle age lady lol!
    Please don't take it as a personal attack. I went to the article and commented on it. Nothing to do with you. Sickening how an ex band member needs to dredge up all manner of crap, playing on perceived perceptions of MM, to advance a spurious legal claim. Credibility is everything in a court of law and I was just highlighting how this ex band member was playing the game. Hey if your kids love MM then more power to them!

Nothing personal ok?

Quote Originally Posted by HelenaHandbasket View Post
    Amen brother! This has been going on for years and years. Every time it quiets down a bit the former bandmate makes new allegations. I'm calling bullshit on this one. That seems to be my new hobby these days.
    Good call!

What's the big deal? He has the $$ to buy the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Please don't take it as a personal attack. I went to the article and commented on it. Nothing to do with you. Sickening how an ex band member needs to dredge up all manner of crap, playing on perceived perceptions of MM, to advance a spurious legal claim. Credibility is everything in a court of law and I was just highlighting how this ex band member was playing the game. Hey if your kids love MM then more power to them!

Nothing personal ok?
    Hi I kind of knew that neilmpenny but thank you anyway. Just wanted to let you know how I feel about my kids music. I have to laugh at people that critize young peoples music, because I am sure if they would think back the generation before them they probably critized their choice in music too lol! I know my parents thought I was nuts for liking rock music of the 1970's.
    Patrick Moore.

I heard about this. Strange story

Regarding the Nazi memorabilia, people who collect things are often fascinated by them for various reasons or would not like them to be available to others who'd use them to propagate a hideous ideology, so they buy them instead to keep them off the market. As for the other stuff, well that's just icky. To each his own I guess.

Life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Regarding the Nazi memorabilia, people who collect things are often fascinated by them for various reasons or would not like them to be available to others who'd use them to propagate a hideous ideology, so they buy them instead to keep them off the market.
    Very true. My ex considered buying up a whole lot of Nazi memorabilia at a flea market a few years ago to keep it off the market. His grandfather was a German soldier in WWII. He had no interest at all in the Nazi party, just wanted to get it off the market. The prices were a bit steep and at least some of it was fake, but it was a matter of principle on his part.
    "Certian songs, they get scratched into our souls." Craig Finn

Quote Originally Posted by attackatdawn View Post
    Well its proably not true, but then again this is Marilyn Manson we are talking about folks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bake View Post
    Weirdo...
    Total

Wow, and he seems like such a homebody!

It is not my job to blow sunshine up your ass!!!!

I expected no less from him....FREAK

Dita was way too good for him.

Actually, he has spoken about that skeleton in more than one interview. For some reason I thought it was a chinese girl.
    None of this stuff is new in the way of news. Now did he use the band's money? No idea.

Quote Originally Posted by I see dead people View Post
    Wow, and he seems like such a homebody!

I so love this picture-
    I like some of Marilyn's songs and used to have some of his cds. I also feel he would make a excellent horror author. I do get tired of his whole 'look at me, aren't I scary and creepy' thing.
    I would not doubt there are all sorts of things in his collection. I think one is a autopsy table with Jesus on the cross painted on it or something?

Let's just say parts of his collection would make most Death Hags heads spin. As far as the WWII and Nazi memorabilia collection, I'm pretty sure it's not a racist thing at all, just cool to have.
    Last edited by D3LIVIÄN; 07-23-2008 at 02:04 PM.

Well, spill some. You can't just leave us wondering!

You can make up a name for him, if you want it to seem like it's not him.

I am really curious now, though!

I used to have a dead baby crocodile-long story, a friend of my Father had a big pile of them. They were stuffed and preserved and he gave me one.
    Upset my parents when I tried to set him next to my dinner plate so he could 'have dinner' with me. They ended up stealing him from me and throwing him awal.
    Anyway, I was a little kid and not an adult. I can't imagine collecting dead human bodies/skeletons.

*SIGH*

I went to school with Brian. I have a yearbook pic of him stuck in a locker. He was with one of the guys interviewed for the book "Long Road Out of Hell'. We went to the same private Christian school together. The chapter called "For Those About to Rock, We Suspend You" (great effing title) is about his time at Heritage. He was a young pain-in-the-ass then. Now he's the same way----only older. It's all just an act. We all have our scars from that place, but he went off the deep end.

Seeing his house pictures makes me feel like slashing my effing wrists. When he was dating Rose McGowan, they went with his parents (who have since moved to Florida) to a restaurant here. They ordered every dessert on the menu. And that's all. WTF?????

BTW: If he WAS an above average intelligence student, he did a damn fine job of hiding it!!

Rumor: He hid a dildo in our Bible teacher's desk. Classic Brian. She had it coming. She had a gigantic stick up her ass. I still don't know how she walked. I had to give him points for that.
    Last edited by nodano; 07-23-2008 at 05:01 PM.

I knew the prosecutor that ran the case against Manson for the time in Michigan when he did the "sexual thingy" assault against a security guard. He told me the pictures were disgusting and he was a pretty hardened guy. Manson is just that disgusting. I still don't get why Dita married him.

A lot of m friends like him. I'd never consider myself a fan but he does come across as intelligent and seems to have his head screwed on right (I'm not even sure if that pun was intended or not). The world we live in deserves a lot of social commentary. I wouldn't buy his albums or go to his shows (maybe if someone offered), but I sure as hell would have him over for dinner (along with Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King and Bono - hey, it's a hypothetical dinner )

Quote Originally Posted by JGrier View Post
    I always saw Marilyn to be more like David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust, just heavier.
    That is just wrong... Many people were influenced by Bowie, but David Bowie has so much more talent.

I like a few of Marilyn Manson's songs, and when he is interviewed, you can hear that he is intelligent and thoughtful. His book explains a lot about why he is the way he is. Besides being a musician, I feel like he's partly just an artist using his body as a canvas.
    Last edited by Hidium; 07-23-2008 at 05:17 PM.

I don't know that it's all an act; he just seems to be more about pushing the envelope and trying to get a reaction out of people. He is very smart, quick witted and well spoken. I have enjoyed watching him fukc with people, where they don't always know that he was trying to push your buttons. I think he really gets off on that sort of thing. I will say that he has some serious issues in some regards... He needs to cool it on the drugs.

His last album, when I first heard it I thought it was absolutely horrible.......but the more I listened to it and read some of the lyrics I realized it's actually really good! I think some of the lyrics were incredibly profound and poetic if you give it a chance.

That year book picture would be funny to see if you ever have a chance to scan it.
    Last edited by D3LIVIÄN; 07-23-2008 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delivian View Post
    I don't know that it's all an act; he just seems to be more about pushing the envelope and trying to get a reaction out of people. He is very smart, quick witted and well spoken. I have enjoyed watching him fukc with people, where they don't always know that he was trying to push your buttons. I think he really gets off on that sort of thing. I will say that he has some serious issues in some regards... He needs to cool it on the drugs.
    I agree, he is living life on his own terms. It seems like people expect some raving lunatic when he is interviewed, but he is often soft spoken and introspective and as you put it, well spoken. I really like it when he pushes peoples buttons, when they deserve it.

I miss my crocodile sometimes

I heard he was smart and articulate. I sort of guess that. I just have a weak stomach. To be honest, I have never heard a single one of his songs.

He must have had something if he was with Dita for seven years. I am mainly pissed that he cheated on her with a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    I heard he was smart and articulate. I sort of guess that. I just have a weak stomach. To be honest, I have never heard a single one of his songs.

He must have had something if he was with Dita for seven years. I am mainly pissed that he cheated on her with a teenager.
    Not only a teenager,but she has at times, made herself look exactly like Dita! In the music video-they rolled around on a bed which was an exact copy of Dita's bed. Immature of him much?

I like him...I listen when I am in an a** kicking mood...Rob Zombie is another one I love. It isn't that he is such a great talent. Every interview I have seen him in he seems to be pretty normal. I loved him in Jawbreaker.

Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    I like him...I listen when I am in an a** kicking mood...Rob Zombie is another one I love. It isn't that he is such a great talent. Every interview I have seen him in he seems to be pretty normal. I loved him in Jawbreaker.
    Jawbreaker was cool but I like him even more in Party Monster.

You know, I really like Marilyn Manson. I didn't care too much for the last album (Eat Me Drink Me) though. I think he's a hell of a lot more original this the teeny bopper shit that's out now. There's a bit of balls to his music.
    Count on it, pee-drinking crap face!

Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    I agree with you, I love them both..alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetry Gates View Post
    I don't like that guy, either. He's just not interesting to me. Tries to hard to get people's attention like a puppy that humps your leg!

This exactly how I feel. Tries way too hard and it seems forced. I think most of it is just an act.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by mrnorrischangestrains View Post
    A lot of m friends like him. I'd never consider myself a fan but he does come across as intelligent and seems to have his head screwed on right (I'm not even sure if that pun was intended or not). The world we live in deserves a lot of social commentary. I wouldn't buy his albums or go to his shows (maybe if someone offered), but I sure as hell would have him over for dinner (along with Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King and Bono - hey, it's a hypothetical dinner )
    A very nice hypothetical dinner indeed! I remember when I bought Marilyn Manson's book, the clerk behind the counter said to me "He's the Anti-Christ you know." I thought he was joking, but he was serious. My reply was something like, "If he were the 'Anti-Christ', don't you think he'd be less conspicuous, maybe look like a 'Young Republican'? But the clerk's mind ws made up. By buying that book, I was supporting the Anti-Christ. Bad me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    A very nice hypothetical dinner indeed! I remember when I bought Marilyn Manson's book, the clerk behind the counter said to me "He's the Anti-Christ you know." I thought he was joking, but he was serious. My reply was something like, "If he were the 'Anti-Christ', don't you think he'd be less conspicuous, maybe look like a 'Young Republican'? But the clerk's mind ws made up. By buying that book, I was supporting the Anti-Christ. Bad me.
    How dare you purchase a book from the store he was working in, to help to make his paycheck. You're going to hell, indeed

Quote Originally Posted by msmojorisin84 View Post
    How dare you purchase a book from the store he was working in, to help to make his paycheck. You're going to hell, indeed
    Wow, I didn't think of that... now I'm really worried!