Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Music fairly mediocre (although I did quite like Sweet Dreams and Mobscene-I always welcome his stuff while I'm drunk on the dancefloor of a crappy 'rock' night in a club), plus he seems rather gentle and thoughtful. I like the theatricality of his image and persona; I like performers that try and maintain their image on and off stage. It's big, it's brash, it's fake but it's entertainment. That's what showbox is all about, and he's showbiz.
    I know it's not original but if we hung around waiting for something completely original we'd be waiting for ever, and be missing out on a lot of fun in the meantime.Im a Dita fan too; she influences a fair few of my fashions and trailblazed for lily-white curvy brunettes gotta love her. Also I think Evan Rachel Wood is pretty and talented too; she's just finding her way though so don't think she can be blamed by the fact he was rather immature and ran off with her.
    As for the allegations about buying those odd things; (buying it with the band's money aside, and who's to say that wasn't something to do with the live shows and one of the other guys just got a bit pissy about it and saw dollar signs?) gotta say, we are free to buy whatever we want and thats a wonderful thing. I don't think there is anything the matter with buying ANYTHING you have an interest in, provided it doesn't hurt anyone. I always think if someone hacked in and looked into my Google history they would conclude I was a FA-REEEEEAK! and quite possibly dangerous.
    He's just a pop star, it's OK.
    Last edited by halogirl5; 07-25-2008 at 11:29 AM.

There was a funny article in The Onion a few years ago. They had a fake article about how Marilyn Manson felt he wasn't offending people anymore. So, he went to a neighborhood and went door to door trying to get people to be upset and offended.
    None of the neighbor's were a bit phased and some thought he was just adorable. *lol*

I like him, I got to see him once for free, it was alot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    There was a funny article in The Onion a few years ago. They had a fake article about how Marilyn Manson felt he wasn't offending people anymore. So, he went to a neighborhood and went door to door trying to get people to be upset and offended.
    None of the neighbor's were a bit phased and some thought he was just adorable. *lol*
    I saw that! I laughed my ass off! I love the Onion!
    Don't forget to start your day with a nutritious breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    I LOVE that!!! I need to catch up on the Onion, I haven't been reading it as much since I've been unemployed, which may say something about why I'm unemployed. One year, on my birthday, they happened to do a future issue. It was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetry Gates View Post
    I don't like that guy, either. He's just not interesting to me. Tries to hard to get people's attention like a puppy that humps your leg!
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by nodano View Post
    He hid a dildo in our Bible teacher's desk. She had it coming.
    Damn, she must have had some technique. Talk about talent!

bump

""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy

I haven't read all the posts but as we used to say the mans a plastic goth. So plastic he has made in hong kong on his ass.

He is not unique, conceptulist (sp) he is simply a copy cat and marketing the ass off the goth scence which doesn't really exist anymore. Just wanna bes trying to capture a movement from the late 70's-80's. And cashing in.

This stuff was done orignally by the likes of Bowie, bauhause, siouxie etc etc. He's just a business man screwing money out of un orignal teenagers.

The goth days are over rip.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion as to what sort of music to listen to. But, through the history of rock and roll...everyone has been influenced by someone. Marilyn Manson, to some, is an overrated musician who has stolen his style from Alice Cooper or David Bowie. I think he has been influenced by them, but I don't see where anyone would think that he totally ripped off their ideas. I wouldn't consider the music goth, I guess it's according to who you ask. I have seen many interviews with him, and have just purchased Long Hard Road Out of Hell, his autobiography. I find him an intelligent person, who performs what I would call Shock Rock. I am a huge fan of the music, and the side projects of some of the band members (ieJeordie White, aka Twiggy Ramirez) It's all depending on what you like, if you're going to dig MM. Personally, I think it beats the hell out of the teeny-bopper shit that's on the radio now. I will admit that Eat Me, Drink Me..sucked. But, I have followed the music since Portrait of An American Family.
    Last edited by msmojorisin84; 02-25-2009 at 06:51 PM.
    Count on it, pee-drinking crap face!

Quote Originally Posted by msmojorisin84 View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion as to what sort of music to listen to. But, through the history of rock and roll...everyone has been influenced by someone. Marilyn Manson, to some, is an overrated musician who has stolen his style from Alice Cooper or David Bowie. I think he has been influenced by them, but I don't see where anyone would think that he totally ripped off their ideas. I wouldn't consider the music goth, I guess it's according to who you ask. I have seen many interviews with him, and have just purchased Long Hard Road Out of Hell, his autobiography. I find him an intelligent person, who performs what I would call Shock Rock. I am a huge fan of the music, and the side projects of some of the band members (ieJeordie White, aka Twiggy Ramirez) It's all depending on what you like, if you're going to dig MM. Personally, I think it beats the hell out of the teeny-bopper shit that's on the radio now. I will admit that Eat Me, Drink Me..sucked. But, I have followed the music since Portrait of An American Family.
    Took the words out of my mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Took the words out of my mouth!
    I'm glad that you agree!
    Count on it, pee-drinking crap face!

Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    I don't get him. I also don't see the attraction. If you are fan, please tell me what the excitement is about him.

If you are not a fan, maybe you can tell me why he gives me the creeps.
    he owes his career to Alice Cooper and David Bowie...

Quote Originally Posted by KCSunshine View Post
    I have just discovered Manson's music and now I can't get enough. I feel like a teenager again- I just want to get home and look myself in my room with Antichrist Superstar and Holy Wood. His music is actually much more accessible then I thought it would be. Love it.
    Manson does have some good music - Beautiful People is my fave

He went to Federal Court here a few years back (forgive me if I posted it already, lol) and at the time, one of my friends lived across the street from the Federal Court House downtown Saint Paul. I was visiting him and we were standing outside when out came old Brian....looking all normal and just like he was a regular guy.
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

I've never been too impressed with his music, it's just not to my taste. He is very articulate in interviews and a helluva marketing man, though. If the music thing doesn't work out, he could always hook up with Amway.

I'm sure you all remember all those old rumors that he was actually the guy who had played Paul on the Wonder Years?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    I'm sure you all remember all those old rumors that he was actually the guy who had played Paul on the Wonder Years?
    I used to hear he was the older son on Mr. Belvedere....

Guest Guest
    I like Manson. His autobiography was refreshingly odd. His music is a mix - metal, glam, gothic.
    He says 'up yours' to everyone being conservative! We need controversial people in entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    I like Manson. His autobiography was refreshingly odd. His music is a mix - metal, glam, gothic.
    He says 'up yours' to everyone being conservative! We need controversial people in entertainment
    odd how? i wanna buy it, but i need an opinion.

Guest Guest
    odd how? i wanna buy it, but i need an opinion.
    Well, it more or less starts off telling abou discovering his grandads sex fetish stuff in the basement and goes on from there!

cool thanks

Well, it more or less starts off telling abou discovering his grandads sex fetish stuff in the basement and goes on from there!
    Now I really want to read it... I like Manson. I'm almost as odd as he is. I don't look like him though

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
    I don't look like him though
    That's a relief!

That's a relief!
    Lmao! Oh really?

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
    Lmao! Oh really?
    Lol, yep, It wouldn't suit you

Lol, yep, It wouldn't suit you
    I'm laughing so much I can't breathe I might try that style at some point

Nice pic of MM
    Attached Images Attached Images

Guest Guest
    Nice pic of MM
    It is

I don't like this chick as much as Dita Von Teese, now she is a beautiful woman

Pic of her
    Attached Images Attached Images

He was cheating on Dita with this teen-ager....

Something is way wrong with that.

Kind of a pale imitation of the real thing.

Dita is so beautiful and Evan is a wannabe.

i remember the rumour that he was paul from the wonder years....

600x400_Music_Lookalikes2-600x400.jpg

bump.....I wonder what this guy has been up to lately?

He had a ruck with Rob Zombie on their tour last year...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...sitemID=180780

Don't waste your time, embrace it

​Goddamn Electric - Pantera

As if he couldn't get any more physically unattractive, he now has that look that some guys that age get because they spent their twenties doing blow and drinking heavily and whatnot. He looks bloated and gross. My 33 year old self says, "For real? You bought THAT guy's albums?" to my 16 year old self.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    As if he couldn't get any more physically unattractive, he now has that look that some guys that age get because they spent their twenties doing blow and drinking heavily and whatnot. He looks bloated and gross. My 33 year old self says, "For real? You bought THAT guy's albums?" to my 16 year old self.
    Gee, thanks.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post

And yet, despite being battered to within an inch of his life by the ugly stick, this seems to have happened...

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/so...t-laurent-now/

Quote Originally Posted by MrsE1981 View Post
    And yet, despite being battered to within an inch of his life by the ugly stick, this seems to have happened...

Woof. Well, I do like the Lady Gaga comparison. She's only two layers of eyeliner away from Manson in sex appeal.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    gee, thanks.
    bahahahaha!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsE1981 View Post

I can just see him now.... strolling down the catwalk "The Beautiful People" blaring in the background....
    ​"I wish I could just hug you all, but I'm not gonna."

~Layne Staley

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    I can just see him now.... strolling down the catwalk "The Beautiful People" blaring in the background....

Hahaha! I don't know whether "strolling" would be the correct word, if the last couple of times I caught him live are anything to go by "staggering" might be nearer the mark... I think he's too up himself and smacked off his tits to even make an effort these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    One word: Ew.

An old friend of mine is dating a chick that I had never seen before until I saw pics of them together on FB, and she just looked so familiar. And then last week it dawned on me. She looks just like Marilyn Manson looks without all the weird on him. Spooky.
    Last edited by cindyt; 10-05-2013 at 03:34 AM.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...ations-w510127

This news is a couple weeks old now, but I was curious as to what everyone thought. I followed Twiggy/Jeordie on Twitter, because he posted a lot of Star Wars stuff and as a 17 year old with a bass guitar, he and Sean Yseult were my heroes. (It is ok to laugh. His songs were easy. Also, I was 17. Also, he played those big Thunderbird style basses I dig.) Removing him from the band, whether the accusations are true or not, was a sound business decision on Manson's part, because Marilyn Manson has become a brand as much as a band.

If the allegations are true, then ewwww dude. If they are untrue, he's effectively been ruined. Thoughts?

- R.H. Sin

[QUOTE=Nessa;1539149]http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...ations-w510127

This news is a couple weeks old now, but I was curious as to what everyone thought. I followed Twiggy/Jeordie on Twitter, because he posted a lot of Star Wars stuff and as a 17 year old with a bass guitar, he and Sean Yseult were my heroes. (It is ok to laugh. His songs were easy. Also, I was 17. Also, he played those big Thunderbird style basses I dig.) Removing him from the band, whether the accusations are true or not, was a sound business decision on Manson's part, because Marilyn Manson has become a brand as much as a band.

If the allegations are true, then ewwww dude. If they are untrue, he's effectively been ruined. Thoughts?[/QUOT] Yep, if it's not true, he's finished.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

Manson knows whether or not the allegations are true. He and Jeordie have been friends for a loooooooooong time. From what I've read in Manson's autobiography, I totally believe they're true.

They were quite...deviant...in Manson's autobiography. Consensual freaky-deeky-ness (that is not a word) is different from rape, though, no matter how distasteful I find said consensual acts. I don't know. My knee jerk reaction is that it is true, but I also don't believe he's the same person he was in, say, 1996. However, that is not and does not excuse prior abusive behavior.

Karma has a way of catching up to people, sooner or later.
    Last edited by Nessa; 11-12-2017 at 02:53 PM.

- R.H. Sin