Thread: Till Death Us Do Part - Henry Stockton

Till Death Us Do Part - Henry Stockton

I just read this book by Vincent Bugliosi. Just wondering if anyone else has read it and their thoughts on the case. The defendants were Alan Palliko and Sandra Stockton, but they were changed for the book. I do not know the names of the real people, but would love to read more.

I think Alan killed Henry AND Judy, but Sandra was complacent in Henry's murder. However I'm not sure she had anything to do with Judy's murder.

Till Death Us Do Part

I read the book several years ago and have always wondered who the real people were that the book is based on. Once I saw an article on the male defendant in the paper and is said that he was the person that the book was based on but I can not remember what his name was.

Never heard of it sweetie, but I`ll look it up now

I read that several years ago, and never did find out anything about the actual people. I'd love to know more.

Yeah I've tried to look it up but NOTHING has the real names available of the victims or the accused. Maybe the California DA's website has the names of who Bugliosi has prosecuted. I could probably figure it out from there.

Okay. It took me a little while but here are the actual names of the two defendants in the case. I had to search the LA Times Archives, but eventually I came up with it.

Paul S. Perveler (Alan Palliko)
    Kristina Cromwell (Sandra Stockton)

What did they do?

In 1969, Perveler (whose name was Alan Palliko in the book) was convicted of two counts of first degree murder and one count of attempted murder. The murder victims were Cheryl Perveler (Judy Palliko), his second wife, and Marlin Cromwell (Henry Stockton in the book), the husband of his co-defendant, Christina Cromwell (Sandra Stockton). The victim of the attempted murder was Perveler's first wife, Lela Halverson (Katherine).

Basically it all had to do with insurance fraud. There was no direct evidence but lots of circumstanstial evidence. It was an interesting read.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    In 1969, Perveler (whose name was Alan Palliko in the book) was convicted of two counts of first degree murder and one count of attempted murder. The murder victims were Cheryl Perveler (Judy Palliko), his second wife, and Marlin Cromwell (Henry Stockton in the book), the husband of his co-defendant, Christina Cromwell (Sandra Stockton). The victim of the attempted murder was Perveler's first wife, Lela Halverson (Katherine).

Basically it all had to do with insurance fraud. There was no direct evidence but lots of circumstanstial evidence. It was an interesting read.

Interesting it almost sounds like a Drew Peterson book...I will look for it at the library! Thanks!

I see you all like Vincent's books. Great Taste!!! If you have not read Vincent's book; "And The Sea Will Tell," you should consider it. I've read it several times. The last time I read it was because I was looking for one of Vincent's great quotes he took from Groucho Marx. It was pertaining to "INNUENDOS" and for the life of me, I've NOT been able to find the quote again.

The quote basically wove around the damage an innuendo can create. Groucho said you could lie, cheat and he could basically deflect that, but INNUENDOS? Forget about it! You can't fight innuendos according to Vincent, or, that they are extremely difficult to do so and Groucho's quote was a perfect way to demonstrate that belief of Vincent's'

Anyone remember it. It may have been from another of Vincent's books, but I have always felt it was from And The Sea Will Tell???

Love flies out the door, when money comes innuendo.
    I could only find this one with a quick search.

I just read this book by Vincent Bugliosi. Just wondering if anyone else has read it and their thoughts on the case. The defendants were Alan Palliko and Sandra Stockton, but they were changed for the book. I do not know the names of the real people, but would love to read more.

I think Alan killed Henry AND Judy, but Sandra was complacent in Henry's murder. However I'm not sure she had anything to do with Judy's murder.
    I read this book many years ago and like today, always remember the victim, Henry Stockton/Marlin Cromwell and also his son. I wonder where the son is now. I think Sandra/Christina got out in 1990? and is living in San Francisco or maybe Texas? I can't remember where I read that. But anyway, this book has always stuck in my head and the date he died, Dec 11th, I think of him and how awful it was that he had been killed for insurance money.

Thanks for finding out their real names. Just a sad, sad story.

This link has some pictures to the 4 main people in this book/case: the 2 victims and the 2 defendants. It also links to a few newspaper articles and documents. Cheryl/Judy is buried at Forest Lawn: Hollywood Hills under the name Cheryl D. Greene. She has a page on Find a Grave.com

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2...th-us-do-part/

Sandra/Christina actually got out in 1976. Alan/Paul was given the death penalty, but when California threw that out in the 70's he was commuted to life. He is still living and in prison. He comes up for parole every few years and his first wife, Lela (who he tried to kill 3 times) still testifies at the hearings.
    Last edited by Dulcinea; 12-12-2011 at 11:39 AM.

The true case of till death us do part

Below is a link to the case in the book the funny thing is this happened right outside my apt and i was 2 at the time my mom was to go on a date with Paul Perveler but he called and said something came up at work and than a few min later my mom heard the crash wow

http://wesclark.com/burbank/perveler.html

Creepy. Thanks for the link!

OK, I pretty much know all there is to know on this case. The VICTIMS: Marlin Cromwell (Kristina Cromwell's husband/ Sandra Stockton) and Cheryl D. Greene (Paul Perveler's wife/ Alan Palliko). Both sentenced to life. Kristina was released in 1976. She remarried and her name became Kristina Rapier. She died this year, 2017. Her son started a Go Fund Me page for her funeral asking for $1500, but only got about $230. Paul is still incarcerated at Mule Creek Prison and was last denied parole in 2016. He is about 80 years old.