Thread: Steven Newberry - Bludgeoned to Death With a Bat by 'Satanists'

Steven Newberry - Bludgeoned to Death With a Bat by 'Satanists'

In December of 1987, three Carl Junction, MO teenagers - Theron Roland, James Hardy, and Ronald Clements - beat fellow teen Steven Newberry to death with baseball bats. The three claimed to be 'Satanists' and had tired of killing animals, and had been planning Newton's murder for some time. While bludgeoning Newton, the three allegedly screamed, "Sacrifice to Satan Sacrifice to Satan!" When Newton asked the boys why they were beating him, they responded, "Because it's fun!"

At the time of the killing, Hardy was an honor student and his class president.

He, Roland, and Clements are all serving life sentences.

Excerpts from a prison interview with Clements, as well as statements from Newton's mother, can be found here:

http://www.koamtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7804129

wow it always amazes me how cruel people can be.....Great post thanks!

Guest Guest
    Erm....nice people!!

what a bunch of littel assholes! "Because it's fun?" Ugh!

If you fail to prepare, you are preparing to fail.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Melicious625 View Post
    what a bunch of littel assholes! "Because it's fun?" Ugh!
    Drinking is fun, sex is fun, beating somebody to death with a baseball bat erm......Isn't (as far as I know)

Quote Originally Posted by Vladpyre View Post
    Drinking is fun, sex is fun, beating somebody to death with a baseball bat erm......Isn't (as far as I know)

Agreed. My arms would get tired LONG before they were dead, and that wouldnt be fun. I will have a drink tho

Guest Guest
    Agreed. My arms would get tired LONG before they were dead, and that wouldnt be fun. I will have a drink tho
    Yeah dammit, those bats can get heavy after a few murders, scotch on the rocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Vladpyre View Post
    Yeah dammit, those bats can get heavy after a few murders, scotch on the rocks?

Im telling yea! Too much of that heavy lifting is not good for the body! Scotch sounds devine

That's terrible. I am sure it was a laugh riot.
    “What will I be doing in twenty years' time?
    I'll be dead, darling!
    Are you crazy?”

-Freddie Mercury

"If we would have been aware of, you know, actions have consequences, I honestly don't think a lot of this would have taken place," Clements says, reflecting on the decisions he made at age 17.
    So he's not sorry he killed him, he's just sorry he's been locked up for it for 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    So he's not sorry he killed him, he's just sorry he's been locked up for it for 20 years.

Oh what a fucking crock. Like at the age of 17 you dont know if you kill someone you WILL be in trouble. *eyeroll*

Oh what a fucking crock. Like at the age of 17 you dont know if you kill someone you WILL be in trouble. *eyeroll*
    Yeah, but don't you love how he has no remorse for taking an innocent person's life "because it was fun," just for himself being locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Yeah, but don't you love how there's no remorse for taking an innocent person's life "because it was fun," just for himself being locked up.
    Yup, poooooor me *eyeroll* I personally think, if you kill someone, you should forfeit your life. Especially in this case. I dont care if they were minors. If they can do something this sick, and violent at 17, what are the chances they wont do it again when they get out? Especailly since they dont show remorse, just pitty for themselves.

You know what else will be fun for them? When they're in jail and become sum guys bitch and he rapes and beats them daily. Yup, tons of fun there!
    hey baby, want some adam west penis?

fucking losers, they are all psychotic

because it was fun...I will show you fun you little bastard when we bash your head in...
    hurt an animal and I will kill you

I'd forgotten all about this. I have family in Carl Junction, and this had my mom terrified for them.

Little cretins don't deserve the air that they breathe !

What fresh hell is this ? ~ Dorothy Parker

]

Fun... humm... what would be fun to do when you are 17 on a Saturday night? Ask any teen that you know and I am sooo sure beating someone to death would be #1. Little bastards need to fry not spend life in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by orionova View Post
    I'd forgotten all about this. I have family in Carl Junction, and this had my mom terrified for them.
    It was such a huge deal! The 'Satanic panic' fallout lasted for a couple of years after.

Not a way I would want to go.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

"When they start burning books, in the end, they will also burn people." - Heiner, 19th century German poet.
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

The fact that the murder makes the statement that if he knew there were consequences he may not have done it . . . .DIDN'T KNOW there were consequences???? Give me a break, he's just sorry he got caught. Makes me sick!
    All women are angels, and even when someone breaks one of our wings, we still fly. On a broomstick. We are flexible like that.

How damn horrible. May Steven rest in peace and may these little bastards rot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    In December of 1987, three Carl Junction, MO teenagers - Theron Roland, James Hardy, and Ronald Clements - beat fellow teen Steven Newberry to death with baseball bats. The three claimed to be 'Satanists' and had tired of killing animals, and had been planning Newton's murder for some time. While bludgeoning Newton, the three allegedly screamed, "Sacrifice to Satan Sacrifice to Satan!" When Newton asked the boys why they were beating him, they responded, "Because it's fun!"

At the time of the killing, Hardy was an honor student and his class president.
    Now Hardy is the ass president at the local prison.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    It was such a huge deal! The 'Satanic panic' fallout lasted for a couple of years after.
    That sounds like a bad punk band from the 80's.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain