Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5121314

Thread: James Dean

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy's One View Post
    3 page list of possesions james Dean Had at the time of his death..
    What happened to the list?

Can anybody post the images again of the possessions Jimmy had? They're not showing up :-(

I first became a Jimmy fan when I was 7/8, my mum had taped the 1976 doc 'James Dean: The First American Teenager' when it was screened here in the UK and for some reason I managed to see some of it. I was so entranced, even at that young age. He just had something... and he never seems in his 20s, he seems to have the skills and presence of somebody much older. I love East of Eden, I think it's his best role. I can happily leave Rebel, it doesn't do much for me. Crazily I've not gotten around to seeing Giant yet. I hope to make it to Fairmount one day and see his grave. I did make it to NY in 2006 but didn't know his apartment address at the time (now I'm gutted as I was right near Central Park West as I visited the Dakota...).

If death photos ever did show up, the death hag would be torn, because I know it would upset me to see him in that state...

Talking happy birthday

Happy 82nd Birthday You'd still be as hot
    <a href=http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg target=_blank>http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg</a>

Scott posted this on FB, and I thought it was pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fbiO...&feature=share
    Cindy

Hi, just thought I'd share my latest drawing. The scan don't do the drawing justice! I am selling this one, so if anybody is interested make me an offer by email.
    At Shannonlee1956@yahoo.com
    Last edited by Shannon; 03-23-2013 at 01:39 PM.

James Dean

I did a search, I didn't see the name so I started one.

It's been long rumored he liked kinky sex and was called The Human Ashtray. Has anyone seen the full autopsy report on him? Does it make anymention of the scars?

Eddie

Check out Scott's "James Dean Crash" road trip episode!!!

It's awesome! Share it if you like it. Spread the love.
    THE SIX DEGREES OF HELTER SKELTER
    Buy it: http://tinyurl.com/29y7l9f
    Trailer:

I like the story about his cursed car personally. Here's a quick copy paste from snopes:

At 5:45 p.m. on 30 September 1955, film icon James Dean was killed in a car accident when his new Porsche Spyder crashed head on into another car. Rolf Wutherich, Dean's friend and mechanic (who had been riding with the movie star) was thrown from the Spyder and survived the wreck, but Dean was pinned inside, his neck broken. Donald Turnupseed, the driver of the other car, suffered only relatively minor injuries.

After the accident, many fans refused to believe Dean was dead. A story circulated that he was still alive although terribly disfigured, and in true urban legend fashion this tale took on a life of its own.

Eerily, only a short while before his death, Dean had appeared in a car safety television spot, admonishing young people not to speed because "The life you might save might be mine."

I won't go into all the James Dean as a cult idol stuff except to say his mystique has staying power. For example, his tombstone was stolen twice in 1983, and in 1985 had to be replaced because of damage done to it by fans. Seems he was still the popular fella despite having been dead for three decades.

Back to the "haunted" Porsche. The following "information" comes from a newspaper article. Make of it what you will:

After the accident the Porsche was sold to a second-hand car dealer who put it on public view (supposedly in support of a campaign for road safety). He charged viewers twenty-five cents each to look at it.

Car designer George Barris next bought the car and planned to sell it for parts. When the car was delivered to his yard, it rolled back off the truck
    and broke a mechanic's legs.

Troy McHenry, a Beverly Hills doctor, bought the Dean engine and used it to replace the engine in his Porsche. The doctor was killed in a crash the first time he took the car out.

(Troy McHenry died on 22 October 1956 during a automobile race at the Pomona Fairground near Los Angeles. He was driving a Porsche Spyder, but I've yet to determine if Dean's engine was in that car.)

Another unnamed doctor bought the Dean transmission. He too was later seriously injured in a car crash.

An unnamed New Yorker bought two of the Dean tires. His car crashed when both tires mysteriously blew out at the same time.

The shell of the Dean car was being transported to a road safety exhibition in Salinas when the truck skidded and crashed. The driver was killed.

Stolen from the scene of that fatal accident was the shell of James Dean's car. It's never been recovered.

Another version of the disappearance of the shell was reported in a Los Angeles Times article on 30 October 1989. George Barris (the guy who sold the car for parts) was quoted as saying the last time he saw the shell was when he exhibited it in Florida in 1958. The car was loaded on a truck afterwards, but eight days later when the truck arrived at its destination, the car wasn't there. No mention of an accident.

Someone obviously stole the car ...no real mystery other than what they really did with it.....

Last Night

photo.JPG Midnight. Looking for James Dean. Then the cop shows up. Mintgiver and her husband had to do some talking. The spooky-ish picture is worth it, though! Can you see something in the mist of the photo? It was really odd/cool in the cemetery.

That damn car is somewhere. My Dad told my Mom he saw the damn car in a garage. Thought nothing of it. Never cared for JD but the car is a mystery.
    It's a good day when you open your eyes, and the celling is not stainless steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    That damn car is somewhere. My Dad told my Mom he saw the damn car in a garage. Thought nothing of it. Never cared for JD but the car is a mystery.
    Did your dad see it in California or some other state?
    Cindy

The Human Ashtray rumours weren't true. From memory he made a sculpture of a person whose legs encircle an ashtray, but that's the extent of it.

heres a picture angle I hadnt seen before of the survivor of the crash:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1126232342.jpg

Cool find

Isn't it crazy how Jimmy and Rolf were so sitting right next to each other in that tiny little car, but Rolf was in good enough shape that he could chill out there on the ground like that, and JD was killed instantly?
    "Deal with the world like you are shopping at a garage sale- Calmly sift through the crap with a smile! Only buy what you need!" ~ Donnie Wahlberg Words of Wisdom

Wow, nice find.

""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy

but Rolf was in good enough shape that he could chill out there on the ground like that, and JD was killed instantly?
    Well, I believe that Rolf's back was broken, so he is likely waiting for EMS. James Dean was in an open, low car that hit the side of a larger car on his side.. His head made direct impact with the front of the other car. It is no wonder that he died. I believe he sustained such an impact that his body pushed Rolf out of the car, and Dean was found in the passenger seat. If I remember correctly (50/50 today, you know?) there were a few questions at first about who was driving. The cop that I talked with told me that there was nothing left to view, but I am not sure how much of that was "touristy."

There were a lot of cars that toured the country billed as James Dean's death car. Back in 1957, a newspaper reporter in Richmond, Virginia noticed that exhibitors were showing off one car as Dean's death car in Richmond while another was being shown at the same time in Lima, Ohio. He started tracking the story down and found that there were at least four cars traveling around billed as the death car and 3 of them weren't even Porsche 550 Spyders!

The real Dean car wound up in the hands of Dean Jeffries, a stunt coordinator and custom car builder who knew James Dean and painted "Little Bastard" on the car for the actor. Dean Jeffries said the Death Car was destroyed in a garage fire in 1966.

Yeah I also remember that there was a whole debate on whether or not James Dean was driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Rydell View Post
    There were a lot of cars that toured the country billed as James Dean's death car. Back in 1957, a newspaper reporter in Richmond, Virginia noticed that exhibitors were showing off one car as Dean's death car in Richmond while another was being shown at the same time in Lima, Ohio. He started tracking the story down and found that there were at least four cars traveling around billed as the death car and 3 of them weren't even Porsche 550 Spyders!

The real Dean car wound up in the hands of Dean Jeffries, a stunt coordinator and custom car builder who knew James Dean and painted "Little Bastard" on the car for the actor. Dean Jeffries said the Death Car was destroyed in a garage fire in 1966.
    I'm not surprised that there was more than on "Death Car."

Just had to give a little love to James Dean on his deathaversary. I think I'll re-watch DDTV's special tonight.

https://vimeo.com/63415705
    Archer Fact: You canít tourniquet the taint. (Source: Ray Gillette)

58 years...Still a legend. Rest in peace Jimmy.
    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg

RIP James

What I wouldn't give for a time machine
    "Deal with the world like you are shopping at a garage sale- Calmly sift through the crap with a smile! Only buy what you need!" ~ Donnie Wahlberg Words of Wisdom

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...rnia/25686705/
    new pics of Jimmy and the rest of he cast and crew on the set of East of Eden

Great photos Sassy!

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMonkey719 View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...rnia/25686705/
    new pics of Jimmy and the rest of he cast and crew on the set of East of Eden
    Thanks for the link. That first photo of him sprawled on the chair...that is the definition of hot.
    Last edited by shellc; 04-29-2015 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Spelling.

Colorized Black and White Photos

Last edited by cindyt; 06-11-2015 at 12:11 PM.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

Dean was a hottie, but he probably reeked of cigarette smoke, even considering it was the 50's

His girlfriend, Pier Angelli, always regretted she let her mother talk her out of marrying Dean. Supposedly she never got over it and that it was a factor in her suicide.

60 years ago today the world lost James Dean. RIP #RememberingJamesDean
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg

Happy death day, baby.

Wow this is my first time logging in for three years! I've been so neglectful! Hehe. Anyway I was on Scott's James Dean page again earlier today and was looking up the locations mentioned on StreetView. I'm gutted to see that the gas station where he last filled up and where the last photo of him taken in LA was looks like it's going to be demolished... it might even be already, as the StreetView image is from June this year. Am so sad... It was another spot I'd hoped to visit... that's history right there. Why can't places be left be?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by modette; 08-26-2016 at 04:40 PM.

I want to see the road where it was at when I'm on my next vacation in Long Beach/L.A
    <a href=http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg target=_blank>http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg</a>

Get some photos if you can Tiffany :-)

James Dean Shopping For Groceries In Marfa, Texas, 1955

Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

Quote Originally Posted by limey View Post
    I remember hearing that the Jerry's mother from Seinfeld was a girlfriend of his.
    She did. I collect autographs and when I wrote her to get hers we ended up having a nice e-mail conversation where she told me that she and JD were classmates in the acting school. Sh is a very nice lady.
    Q. What letter of the alaphbet is most like Death?
    A. E is the most like Death, because they both come at the "End of LIFE"