Results 1 to 31 of 31

Thread: Shameless

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    641

    Talking Shameless

    Hiya

    My top favourite comedy show starts a new series on Tuesday. I am sooooooooooo excited its pee your pants funny. Its dry as a mouth full of chalk but so representative of some sections of the society. True reflection of the UK if you ask me!

    Any other Shameless fans out there?

    Heres some episodes if your feeling brave! Keep kiddies away as the language can be a wee bit fruity!

    http://www.channel4.com/video/shameless/catchup.html

    Hugs x

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, South Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,983
    Is Tina from Celeb Big Brother still in it?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    641
    Yup me thinks so. The beautiful meme.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Up on Cripple Creek
    Posts
    1,783
    I watched the first season on DVD- really funny! Lots of good actors.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over a rainbow/U.K
    Posts
    868
    Used to love this series but lost interest after the last one,series four just nose bombed in my view and they lost all the good characters

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    641
    Oh I have really found Mimi and Frank the funnest characters. But I really liked Verconcia and Steve was sad to see them go?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over a rainbow/U.K
    Posts
    868
    Loved Veronica was so sad when she went.Also love her that owns the shop shes wikked.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    641
    Oh yes Yvonne! I loved her in footballers wifes too. lol Hard bitch! x

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over a rainbow/U.K
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollyplum View Post
    Oh yes Yvonne! I loved her in footballers wifes too. lol Hard bitch! x

    Thats her lol shes brilliant puts up with no shit! Is she still in it?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    641
    Yes she is, dont know about new series. More than likely.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tamworth UK
    Posts
    2,282
    Can't wait for the series to start tomorrow finally something decent to watch on the box oh and Waterloo Road lol

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    641
    Waterloo Road LMAO you dont, please tell me you dont! I am scared....


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tamworth UK
    Posts
    2,282
    Hey i need to watch something for my 140 TV licence lol

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    641
    Yes I guess we pay so much money to keep the likes of Jono Rosso in silk suits! Only sad we lost Brand. Pissed I lost my podcast from his show on Saturdays. But hay we all have our burdens to bare!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,932
    Does anyone here watch the US version?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,677
    I do like William H. Macy but ... its just a little overdone for my taste.
    <a href=http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg target=_blank>http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg</a>

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,932
    I can see how some people can see it as " too much" , but I think it is an excellent show with great writing and actors. I enjoy it, quite a bit actually. I don't think I have been this much into a show since Six Feet Under.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Holy Land (Texas)
    Posts
    5,096
    Oh, pardon me, I thought this thread concerned a Garth Brooks song.
    The Strange Case Of The Missing Corpse
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-GmH8eFJFU

    Mrs. Peel (commenting on Steed's sword): "That looks a bit droopy." Steed: "Wait until it's challenged."

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,677
    The only thing I like in this show is the raunchy sex from Steve & Fiona. The guy who plays "Lip" Gallagher is hot
    Last edited by Tiffany; 02-21-2013 at 07:09 PM.
    <a href=http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg target=_blank>http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg</a>

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michiana
    Posts
    1,168
    I love the American version.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,932
    Coming back January 11th! WooHooo!!!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I love the American version.
    I love the UK version so tried giving the US one a go but just couldn't take to it the way I did ours.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,380
    Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I love the UK version so tried giving the US one a go but just couldn't take to it the way I did ours.
    I also enjoy the UK one better.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    I also enjoy the UK one better.
    IMO it started going downhill when Paddy left. I loved him and Mimi together.
    Last edited by shellc; 01-03-2015 at 08:57 PM.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,884
    Can't wait for this

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michiana
    Posts
    1,168
    Is anyone still watching Shameless (U.S)? Season 8 is on now. I believe last night was the 5th episode. The show has changed quite a bit but the kids are growing up. I still like this show and I think for the most part the writing is still excellent. I like the direction some of the characters are going.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,178
    I am just on the first season of the US one and so far I vastly prefer the UK version. I think I still have a season and a half to watch but Netflix removed it. I think the US version is too dumbed down and everyone seems more obviously horrible. Kash's wife really bothers me because she seems overdone because they don't think Americans will get it. I also am very annoyed by the US Sheila. I loved the UK one. Same with Karen. Can't stand her.

    I think the US Lip is so damn ugly. US Ian is good looking. I think it's stupid that they made LIam African American, like again the joke was too subtle for Americans. I also prefer the UK Carl, Debbie and Kev and Veronica.

    I do notice that the US version is cramming many things from many seasons on the first season of the US version. I suppose this is partly to do with the fact that Fiona is the UK only lasted a season where here she is still there.


  28. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    20
    i also like the uk version. it really changed though in the later seasons as most of the Gallagers left and it focused more on the mcguires. I think frank is much worse of a person in the us version too.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michiana
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I am just on the first season of the US one and so far I vastly prefer the UK version. I think I still have a season and a half to watch but Netflix removed it. I think the US version is too dumbed down and everyone seems more obviously horrible. Kash's wife really bothers me because she seems overdone because they don't think Americans will get it. I also am very annoyed by the US Sheila. I loved the UK one. Same with Karen. Can't stand her.

    I think the US Lip is so damn ugly. US Ian is good looking. I think it's stupid that they made LIam African American, like again the joke was too subtle for Americans. I also prefer the UK Carl, Debbie and Kev and Veronica.

    I do notice that the US version is cramming many things from many seasons on the first season of the US version. I suppose this is partly to do with the fact that Fiona is the UK only lasted a season where here she is still there.
    Wow! I love the show. I mean there are plot lines and character personalities I haven't liked over the years but over all it's one of my favorite shows. I haven't watched the UK version but I was told the first seasons of the two shows are alike but after that they are completely different shows.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I am just on the first season of the US one and so far I vastly prefer the UK version. I think I still have a season and a half to watch but Netflix removed it. I think the US version is too dumbed down and everyone seems more obviously horrible. Kash's wife really bothers me because she seems overdone because they don't think Americans will get it. I also am very annoyed by the US Sheila. I loved the UK one. Same with Karen. Can't stand her.

    I think the US Lip is so damn ugly. US Ian is good looking. I think it's stupid that they made LIam African American, like again the joke was too subtle for Americans. I also prefer the UK Carl, Debbie and Kev and Veronica.

    I do notice that the US version is cramming many things from many seasons on the first season of the US version. I suppose this is partly to do with the fact that Fiona is the UK only lasted a season where here she is still there.
    I tried watching the show when it first started and didn't really like it as I loved the UK version. About a year ago, I watched an episode at my friends and it's not too bad as long as you didn't think of the UK version and watch it as a show on it's own and I caught up. It's funny you say Lip's ugly as I actually think he's hot but like you, many of my friends can't see the attraction. I don't like Ian but thought his actor Cameron was hot when he was in Gotham.

    In all honesty though, I think it's got maybe 1 or 2 more seasons left then it's done. It was a toss up on whether S8 was gonna get made because of Emmy and contract negotiations and they just managed to solve it in time and this year's renewal was for 1 year IIRC. As much as I loved the UK version, it lost it's way and should have ended a couple of seasons earlier than it did. Hopefully the US one will learn from it's mistakes. One thing I hope they do before it finishes is to get Mickey back so Ian at least can have his happy ending.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michiana
    Posts
    1,168
    I don't believe Mickey's coming back. They wrapped up his storyline. As much as I love this show, I too believe it should wrap up in the next season or two. I know it's been approved for a 9th season. I don't think they should go past 10 definitely.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •