Thread: The Schuessler-Peterson murders of 1955

The Schuessler-Peterson murders of 1955

I didn't find any threads on this, so here goes. This is just a sketchy summation. I will provide some reference links.

On October 16, 1955, John Schuessler, aged almost 14, his brother Anton (Jr.), 12, and their friend Robert Peterson, 13, took a very small amount of cash to see a Disney movie in a Chicago theater. After the movie, they were seen in an office building and a bowling alley, but after a while, they had vanished into the night. Their naked, horribly beaten, and strangled (likely by hand) bodies were found 2 days later in a ditch near a river.

The two brothers, heavily made-up to conceal their injuries, were laid out in the same long casket. (These pictures can be seen, BTW, on www.boatswain.nl , a site for antique postmortem pictures.) Boy Scouts formed an honor guard. The brother's mother passed out, carried by her stricken husband. Though the 3 children shared a funeral, they were buried in different area cemeteries.

As usually happens, the parents of the children were considered among the suspects at first. The pressure was too much for Anton Schuessler, Sr. Some accounts state he was made to go into a mental hospital to undergo electroshock therapy, just a month after the murders. In any case, he died of a sudden heart attack at age 43. He and 37-yr-old wife Eleanor had no other children.

Six months later, Eleanor married a widower named Valentine Kujawa who had a son, and lived in Wisconsin. She died in 1986, a decade before the case was finally resolved, and buried in Chicago with her first husband and sons. Her 2nd husband died in Wisconsin in the 1990s. Her stepson, Gary, spoke on his late stepmother's behalf at the sentencing of the man ultimately convicted of the murders. Malcolm and Dorothy Peterson had several other children and were still alive as of a couple of years ago.

As it turned out, this murder apparently had twisted links to a long chain of Chicago corruption. The man finally arrested, Ken Hansen, at the time of the atrocity, worked in a stable owned by a notorious crime lord named Silas Jayne (who died in 1987.) Hansen's brother was implicated with Jayne in the much later murder of Helen Voorhees Brach.

Ken himself was allegedly a prolific pedophile who used the attraction of his boss's horses in an urban setting to lure young boys. It has been speculated that he was connected to the teenaged John Wayne Gacy, who lived nearby and may have known the other children, though it has been thought unlikely that Gacy was involved in actual murders at this early age. It is probably quite relevant that a month after the murders, Ken Hansen allegedly burned down the stable.

The case went cold, even as Chicago suffered through more sexually-tinged murders that seemed related, notably the double murder of the Grimes sisters, who had disappeared under similar circumstances a year later, and found in a rural area during the following winter, and young Judith Mae Anderson, who had been found dismembered. However, niether of these cases has ever been solved.

It wasn't until 4 decades passed, and Eleanor Holz Schuessler Kujawa died, that the arrest of Kenneth Hansen finally took place in 1994, after years of suspicion. He was convicted in 1995, then his conviction was overturned due to prejudicial evidence (of his pedophiliac habits!) then he was convicted anew in 2002. He died in Sept. 2007, protesting his innocence to the end, and after others, including Silas Jayne's brother, had implicated the long-deceased evil Silas in at least part of the crime that may have been committed right in his stable.

Here are some links:
    http://www.prairieghosts.com/spmurders.html
    http://books.google.com/books?id=AzL...sult#PPA231,M1
    http://www.thechicagosyndicate.com/2...organized.html
    http://www.thelaborers.net/NEWS/bloo..._by_gene_o.htm
    http://remembertheinnocents.wordpres...hers-murdered/
    http://www.truthinjustice.org/kennethhansen.htm
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/16/us/16illinois.html
    Last edited by Linnie; 02-06-2009 at 08:52 PM.

Wow! That is an amazing post! Thankyou!

Yes!! Very interesting!!! Thanks!
    It's hard to ride at night...on your bicycle with no lights to guide...just take a chance and ride. Olson and Louris

You have just turned me on to a AWSOME website! Double Thanks!

Guest Guest
    Bloody brilliant Post Mortem site, Bookmarked for later perusal. Thank you

EXCELLANT..........boatwain has come a long way since I first joined....what a post

Facinating!

Thank you for this thread!
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

The pics are really sad

""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy

I was gonna tell you where I live, then I took an arrow in the knee
    Those pics are amazing!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/FujikoMine/Fujikos Pics/fujikogun.gif

Thanks Linnie - good post! Poor kids, you hate to think what they went through. And their parents, as a parent, I cannot imagine.

And love the link.

The always sunny Tampa Bay area of Florida, USA baby!!
    help....i cannot find the right pics......:-)

Ozzy, my boy <3 You were my snuggle buddy and I will forever remember our movie nights and warm glasses of milk.....xoxo, rest in peace my sweet boy....

Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    help....i cannot find the right pics......:-)
    Me neither, I don't think.....someone point us in the right direction!

I think I found the pic of the little boys in the casket, I registered to see it up close but I've been waiting forever to get approved.

Here is the link:

http://www.boatswain.nl/pmgalleries/...49&mode=search
    Last edited by imadeathhag; 02-08-2009 at 05:51 PM.

Found more pics of boys (no dead ones sorry) and info on the murders. http://judicial-inc.biz/Grimes.htm. There is also info on the Grimes sisters murder. I started a thread on them earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by imadeathhag View Post
    I think I found the pic of the little boys in the casket, I registered to see it up close but I've been waiting forever to get approved.

Here is the link:

Me too...I belonged when she first started but now my password doesn`t work....still waiting on registration.....are you ???.....great post

Here is the link:

Thank you!

The picture is beautiful, I think. Does that make me a weirdo? Let us know when you get a close up!

Thanks!

I'm still waiting to get accepted hopefully it will happen soon!

I was gonna tell you where I live, then I took an arrow in the knee
    Found more pics of boys (no dead ones sorry) and info on the murders. http://judicial-inc.biz/Grimes.htm. There is also info on the Grimes sisters murder. I started a thread on them earlier.
    I find it interesting that the website says that it was death due to loss of blood or shock from it, but I've read from others that the boys died of strangulation/asphyxiation. Some of the other facts sound a bit over the top for me too. Smells a bit like conspiracy theory to me. Though the father's death is an interesting tidbit.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/FujikoMine/Fujikos Pics/fujikogun.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Fujicakes View Post
    I find it interesting that the website says that it was death due to loss of blood or shock from it, but I've read from others that the boys died of strangulation/asphyxiation. Some of the other facts sound a bit over the top for me too. Smells a bit like conspiracy theory to me. Though the father's death is an interesting tidbit.

WTF...that was totally strange....don`t know if I`m buying that....sounds like a lot of propaganda with a dash of BS thrown in

But I wouldent discount it....I recall a case on unsolver mysteries about a boy ina very exspensive jewish school who was killed in a weird way and its been unsolved ever since...there were strange coverup with that murder as well...Im gonna look it up....you never know....so I wanna see the closeup shot as well...let me look for that other kids story.....

Okay Im looking and cant find the story.....

this is not it but intresting read ....and death pic as well....
    Body found Andrei Yustschinsky On 20 March

... the student of the fore-class, Andrei Yustschinsky, Sophia School"; because of ... were to be found -- in spite of the tactics of confusion of the Jewish press. ...
    judicial-inc.biz/mendel_beilis_supplement.htm - 457k - Cached

eir roots back 5,000 years to the time of Moses and they live according to strict codes that have remained unchanged for centuries. To maintain their traditions, many communities have established yeshivas, which are schools that emphasize the principles of Orthodox Judaism.
    On November 1, 1986, Don Daly, a veteran Nassau County police detective, was dispatched to a yeshiva in Long Beach, New York, to investigate the murder of one of its students. The victim was 16 year-old Chaim Weiss. A single blow to his skull with a sharp object had severed his spinal column.
    Investigators found no murder weapon. There was no evidence of a robbery and no signs of a struggle. Detective Daly realized that this would be unlike any other homicide investigation in his 25-year career:
    “Initially, we were dealing with a Saturday, which is the Sabbath. When we arrived at the scene sometime around 8:00 in the morning, it was difficult to talk to anybody at that particular time because the people we're dealing with, being Orthodox Jews, they're not able to write. We couldn't take statements from anybody. We got the impression a lot of the students at that time were afraid to talk to us or were little shy.”

He was last seen reading outside his room

[SIZE=3]As he investigated the scene, Daly thought the killer might have been familiar with the yeshiva and the customs of Orthodox Judaism. It appeared that Chaim had been killed while he was sleeping. His body was then moved, first from the bed to the floor, and later, to another spot two feet away. According to Det. Daly, Chaim's window was left wide open on the chilly October night: [/SIZE]
    “It would be customary in the religion to open a window or a door to let the spirit out. It would also be customary for the body to be taken off the bed because the body should be at the lowest point and the coolest point. The coolest point being the floor, compared to the bed.”
    Another ritual would point to a third puzzling clue. One of the rabbis asked to leave a memorial candle in the room, to burn for seven days. The crime scene was then sealed. However, two days later, another candle mysteriously appeared. Det. Daly said that no one in the school ever admitted to having placed it in the room:
    “If they lit that candle as a gesture of sympathy or love for Chaim, why wouldn't they come forward and say that? That's certainly a good thing to do. Nobody came forward with that.”

The open window had a ritual meaning

Detective Daly set about piecing together the final hours of Chaim Weiss' life. He learned that Chaim was an outgoing, likable teenager who was at the top of his class. He had been attending the yeshiva in Long Beach for 2 1/2 years. On the day he was killed, Chaim left class with his friends to attend services. Afterwards, he returned to the dormitory. Hours later, Det. Daly said, two classmates saw Chaim reading in the hallway:
    “Many of the students do that. Because of their religion, they don't put lights on and off at that time, on the Sabbath. It was dark, so the lights are left on in the main hallway. The students sit out in the hallway and read.”
    Police think the killer probably knew the layout of the dormitory and was probably aware that Chaim was one of only two students without a roommate. Det. Daly:
    “We did have one student who felt that he heard his door open up sometime during the night and then close again, but he assumed it was his roommate. There are a lot of questions that we haven't been able to answer. We really never got any leads in this case. Nothing from the outside, which is unusual.”
    A few days after the murder, Detective Daly called a meeting with the students, teachers, and rabbis. But almost every question he asked was answered by silence.
    “We learned at one point that, in their particular orthodox religion, unless you have proof or another witness, mere suspicion alone is not enough to go and say anything or to accuse somebody.”
    Police eventually polygraphed 40 students and several of the school's teachers and rabbis. No suspects or motives were revealed. Who killed Chaim, and why, remains a mystery.
    Anton Weiss is Chiam’s father:
    “The not knowing makes it much more difficult for me to cope. Certain things I accept. My son's dead. But the murderer is still loose. All these unanswered questions make me feel very, very uneasy.”
    [SIZE=3]Why would anyone brutally murder a 16-year-old boy who had no known enemies? Police have uncovered only one significant clue -- a jogger stated that he saw a young man a few blocks from the school on the morning Chaim's body was found. All attempts to identify the student have been unsuccessful. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]As he investigated the scene, Daly thought the killer might have been familiar with the yeshiva and the customs of Orthodo[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Chaim Weiss[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]A religious student at an Orthodox Jewish school is found bludgeoned to death in his dormitory. [/SIZE]

Chaim Weiss

Someone killed Chaim while he slept

]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=3]Chaim studied at an Orthodox Yeshiva[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Orthodox Jews trace their roots back 5,000 years to the time of Moses and they live according to strict codes that have remained unchanged for centuries. To maintain their traditions, many communities have established yeshivas, which are schools that emphasize the principles of Orthodox Judaism. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]On November 1, 1986, Don Daly, a veteran Nassau County police detective, was dispatched to a yeshiva in Long Beach, New York, to investigate the murder of one of its students. The victim was 16 year-old Chaim Weiss. A single blow to his skull with a sharp object had severed his spinal column. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Investigators found no murder weapon. There was no evidence of a robbery and no signs of a struggle. Detective Daly realized that this would be unlike any other homicide investigation in his 25-year career:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]“Initially, we were dealing with a Saturday, which is the Sabbath. When we arrived at the scene sometime around 8:00 in the morning, it was difficult to talk to anybody at that particular time because the people we're dealing with, being Orthodox Jews, they're not able to write. We couldn't take statements from anybody. We got the impression a lot of the students at that time were afraid to talk to us or were little shy.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]
    [SIZE=3]He was last seen reading outside his room[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]As he investigated the scene, Daly thought the killer might have been familiar with the yeshiva and the customs of Orthodox Judaism. It appeared that Chaim had been killed while he was sleeping. His body was then moved, first from the bed to the floor, and later, to another spot two feet away. According to Det. Daly, Chaim's window was left wide open on the chilly October night: [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]“It would be customary in the religion to open a window or a door to let the spirit out. It would also be customary for the body to be taken off the bed because the body should be at the lowest point and the coolest point. The coolest point being the floor, compared to the bed.”[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Another ritual would point to a third puzzling clue. One of the rabbis asked to leave a memorial candle in the room, to burn for seven days. The crime scene was then sealed. However, two days later, another candle mysteriously appeared. Det. Daly said that no one in the school ever admitted to having placed it in the room:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]“If they lit that candle as a gesture of sympathy or love for Chaim, why wouldn't they come forward and say that? That's certainly a good thing to do. Nobody came forward with that.”[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]
    [SIZE=3]The open window had a ritual meaning[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Detective Daly set about piecing together the final hours of Chaim Weiss' life. He learned that Chaim was an outgoing, likable teenager who was at the top of his class. He had been attending the yeshiva in Long Beach for 2 1/2 years. On the day he was killed, Chaim left class with his friends to attend services. Afterwards, he returned to the dormitory. Hours later, Det. Daly said, two classmates saw Chaim reading in the hallway: [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]“Many of the students do that. Because of their religion, they don't put lights on and off at that time, on the Sabbath. It was dark, so the lights are left on in the main hallway. The students sit out in the hallway and read.”[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Police think the killer probably knew the layout of the dormitory and was probably aware that Chaim was one of only two students without a roommate. Det. Daly:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]“We did have one student who felt that he heard his door open up sometime during the night and then close again, but he assumed it was his roommate. There are a lot of questions that we haven't been able to answer. We really never got any leads in this case. Nothing from the outside, which is unusual.”[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]A few days after the murder, Detective Daly called a meeting with the students, teachers, and rabbis. But almost every question he asked was answered by silence. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]“We learned at one point that, in their particular orthodox religion, unless you have proof or another witness, mere suspicion alone is not enough to go and say anything or to accuse somebody.”[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Police eventually polygraphed 40 students and several of the school's teachers and rabbis. No suspects or motives were revealed. Who killed Chaim, and why, remains a mystery.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Anton Weiss is Chiam’s father:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]“The not knowing makes it much more difficult for me to cope. Certain things I accept. My son's dead. But the murderer is still loose. All these unanswered questions make me feel very, very uneasy.”[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Why would anyone brutally murder a 16-year-old boy who had no known enemies? Police have uncovered only one significant clue -- a jogger stated that he saw a young man a few blocks from the school on the morning Chaim's body was found. All attempts to identify the student have been unsuccessful. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]x Judaism. It appeared that Chaim had been killed while he was sleeping. His body was then moved, first from the bed to[/SIZE]

Yes, I saw that anti-Semitic site, and while they got hold of a few facts, the rest gives it that unmistakeable Nazi flavor. These are horrifc libels, and how about the doctoring or unflattering angles of some of those photos? All the related deaths remind me of conspiracy sites about the Kennedy assassinations, or even the Clintons, back in the day. Indeed, Irv Kupcinet, who helped raise money for Mrs. Schuessler, had that young daughter, Karyn, who later died mysteriously, and some claim, may have had some connection to the JFK case. Boy, it would seem THAT conspiracy went back 8 years before the assassination even happened-- before Kennedy ever ran for President!

If you read the retired detective's book, though, it takes down some of these allegations. I tend to believe the Schuesslers and Grimes murders were separate, unrelated events. I don't think murderous pedophiles who primarily kill one sex often cross the gender line. The Grimes sisters were a more "conventional" crime, in that young girls (the eldest of who did not have the best "reputation") probably got caught up in some prostitution scheme, and were tortured and killed because they resisted. The Schuesslers and Peterson were violently killed very soon after their disappearance, while the girls had apparently been kept alive for some time. Judith Mae Anderson was friends with a large family who had a son who had been in trouble with the law, and she was acquainted with many other people. So though her end was horrible, the timing was perhaps coincidental.

I believe that Silas Jayne was involved, at least in the cleaning up--- this was a man who conspired and ordered the killing of his own brother when he feared the latter would someday snitch on him. His stable, where the murders may have occurred, were burned down shortly afterward, for which apparently he did NOT punish Ken Hansen. I don't think he himself was a pedophile of boys (according to the article about the brother who was murdered, Silas either seduced young girls or blackmailed their parents into believing so.) However, he wasn't above hiring people who were. With all Silas's connections, if Anton Schuessler was indeed harrassed to an untimely death, I would bet Silas & Co. were more to blame than a a conspiracy of murderous rabbis.
    Last edited by Linnie; 02-09-2009 at 12:45 PM.

Wow interesting site ;-) it was sad looking at the two brothers.

OMG the site I posted was Anti Semitic? I'm so sorry! Crap I didn't know! I'll be more careful next time.

It's NOT your fault.

It was one of the first sites I found when the pix first appeared on Boatswain's site, and was fascinated with some of the details until I saw the blood-sacrifice stuff, then I noticed the way the noses were enhanced or emphasized....

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about the case--- if a renegade rabbi (or priest or minister or imam for that matter) really DID have a hand in the murders, and someone can PROVE it, by all means, go for it. One doubts, though, that site is an honest attempt to discover or reveal the truth, just a religious-ethnic smear.

I am reasonably sure in my own mind that Hansen, Jayne, and their ilk did the crime and /or tried to conceal their role in it. Who the heck knows, maybe their supporters (since most of the principals are now dead) are behind that site?

Bump. The negatives of the tragic images of the discovery of these murder victims have appeared for sale on Ebay.

Warning: graphic, gruesome, and not suitable for work:

http://cgi.ebay.com/4x5-PHOTO-NEG-Pe...t_Photo_Images
    Last edited by Linnie; 10-17-2010 at 10:51 PM.

The original link no longer works. If someone has update links to pics of boys in casket, I would be interested in seeing them.

This is so sad. I always think that things used to be so much safer, but I guess not. Next time my 8 year old asks me why he can't go around the block on his bike himself, I won't feel bad for saying, Because you could get kidnapped. LOL - I might be a bit paranoid, but can you really blame me??

Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    Bump. The negatives of the tragic images of the discovery of these murder victims have appeared for sale on Ebay.

Warning: graphic, gruesome, and not suitable for work:

http://cgi.ebay.com/4x5-PHOTO-NEG-Pe...t_Photo_Images
    Wow, I'm surprised that ebay didn't take that auction down.

Wow, I just read this post for the first time, very interesting stuff indeed !! Thanks Linnie !!

What fresh hell is this ? ~ Dorothy Parker

]

That eBay auction is certainly more graphic than most I have seen.

Boatswain changed her site domain to:

http://www.antiquephotoalbum.nl/

You have to become a member, but it's still free.

The boys in the casket, who may not actually be the Schuessler kids (according to the detective who worked on the investigation, the boys were in separate caskets and dressed in brown suits), and some photos related to the case, are still up.

Click on "post-mortem photography albums" on the main page, and there a special section dedicated to these pictures on the main PM page.

I too missed this the first time around.. So tragic.. those poor boys! Im suprised also that ebay let that auction stay up..

I actually just bought two books on this case, haven't started them yet, I will after I finish the one of the murder of Grace Brown by Chester Gillette in 1906
    "Never say goodbye, because saying goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting" Peter Pan.

Thank you Mr. Tyrrell for always being there. My mentor, my friend, my second dad. 1951-2014

Aw, this is sad: Gary W. Kujawa, the stepson of Eleanor Schuessler, who came to love her, and after her death, spoke on her behalf at the sentencing of Ken Hansen, died back in March at the age of 67.

http://www.roseberrys.com/obituary/gary-william-kujawa/

Last edited by Linnie; 08-30-2014 at 04:59 PM.

The 2 boys father had a brother name of Art I think. He was a partner in my late husbands fathers contruction buiness, I remember my husband talking about this murder to me years and years ago. He was only 10 at that time but his dad wouldnt let him or his brothers go anywhere until they found the people that did this. SO for quite a while he was stuck at home until all the outrage cooled off. He took me to the site where the boys and the sisters that were killed were found. Weird because when Mrs Bracht disappeared we had our Arabian horses and were at a show and someone there brought up the case of Mrs. Bracht and then the guy they suspected of her disappearance, They found that he was in cahoots with the guy selling her absolutely worthless horses not worthy of being a show horse at all and they surmized that is why she disappeared because she had threatened to go to the cops. Makes me wonder if they ever searched the area for Mrs. B where they found the kids. They say that hiway is haunted by these kids.

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    The 2 boys father had a brother name of Art I think. He was a partner in my late husbands fathers contruction buiness, I remember my husband talking about this murder to me years and years ago. He was only 10 at that time but his dad wouldnt let him or his brothers go anywhere until they found the people that did this. SO for quite a while he was stuck at home until all the outrage cooled off. He took me to the site where the boys and the sisters that were killed were found. Weird because when Mrs Bracht disappeared we had our Arabian horses and were at a show and someone there brought up the case of Mrs. Bracht and then the guy they suspected of her disappearance, They found that he was in cahoots with the guy selling her absolutely worthless horses not worthy of being a show horse at all and they surmized that is why she disappeared because she had threatened to go to the cops. Makes me wonder if they ever searched the area for Mrs. B where they found the kids. They say that hiway is haunted by these kids.
    That is, to me, absolutely fascinating stuff! To have been the age your husband was when that went down, to have lived in fear of whomever did that (for a while at least) -- it would be terrifying, something you'd remember all your life.

Thanks for posting that... wow! Really makes it all -- kind of makes it more real somehow. Events that took place so many years ago take on an almost surreal sort of quality... I know it happened, but somehow it seems more like a story heard 'round the campfire than actual history. But knowing someone who's husband lived it makes it very real, as it should be.

And the highway being haunted by those boys... creepy! Love hearing accounts of such things... could listen to them all day I'm sure. Thanks so much for sharing that!

I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

Just found this-- a long excerpt from a newer book about the crime, with a detailed itinerary of the boys' probable movements on their last night. It contains re-constructed dialogue, which annoys me, but then those poor parents and everyone else was questioned about everything so many times, it probably took little effort to imagine how the night went and what was said. The implication seems to be that Bobby Peterson kept egging the other, more sheltered boys into sketchier and sketchier neighborhoods later and later on a Sunday night, ostensibly for a less-crowded bowling alley, but possibly other reasons-- and met up with the wrong person/persons.
    The Schuesslers did not even know the home phone number of the boy their sons were with, and had to plow through several pages of a long phone book until they stumbled on the right one. And the police--- as usual, with their traditional "boys will be boys--- if they're not home by midnight, call us again." By midnight, it was likely beyond too late....

http://books.google.com/books?id=CDj...essler&f=false

This is one of the books I bought Linnie, have it sitting on my night table, I too wonder if the same men that killed the boys, also kill Helen Brach.
    "Never say goodbye, because saying goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting" Peter Pan.

Thank you Mr. Tyrrell for always being there. My mentor, my friend, my second dad. 1951-2014