Page 217 of 275 FirstFirst ... 118168208215216217218219226266 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,850 of 13702

Thread: Sharon Tate

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

[quote=GuiltyLittleDeathHag;1057815]You know what conversation I also wonder about, which we will obviously never know, is what Sharon and Jay were talking about in her room before Atkins rounded them all up. I know it sounds odd but it was really the last conversation sheever had before the nightmare broke out, always wonder if it was about them together, or about Roman or just about the baby...Who knows, we will never know...

Me too! Probably Sharon was complaining how sick she was of having Voyteck at home....

According to Doris Tate, Sharon told her "I want these people out!" referring to Voyteck and Gibby, but it seems that Roman would not let her kick them out... If she was so fed up of them (fed up of voyteck, she seemed to like gibby) and she did not like Voyteck that much, why did they spend so much time together like a big happy family? In the photos of their last days, they're swimming at the pool and Voyteck is taking pictures of Sharon holding Prudence.... I don't understand.... They even had their last meal together....

One more thing, it has been stated that there was a joint found on Sharon's night stand after the murders, who was smoking that joint, Jay or Sharon? Because, according to Roman, Sharon would not even drink alcohol when pregnant, but according to Dominick Dunne, the last time he saw her, they smoked a joint together:

"Since she had become Mrs. Polanski, I hadnít seen her as much as I had when she was with Jay. We talked about old times at the barbershop and the marvelous turns her life had taken. I was smoking a joint, and she took a few tokes. Everybody smoked joints back then. It was no big deal."

Do you know if she was pregnant when she smoked with Dominick Dunne? I remember seeing or hearing this same story somewhere but can't remember if she was already expecting. I know she smoked pot and cigarettes and took LSD in her earlier years but I thought she quit everything once she became pregnant.
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" -
    Author Unknown

Yes, she was, if you want to read the whole interview go to:
    http://sensationalsharontate.blogspo...es-author.html

"Since she had become Mrs. Polanski, I hadn’t seen her as much as I had when she was with Jay. We talked about old times at the barbershop and the marvelous turns her life had taken. I was smoking a joint, and she took a few tokes. Everybody smoked joints back then. It was no big deal. She was joyous about having the baby, and she had never looked more beautiful. She spoke with fret affection about Jay, and told me that he had become a family friend to her and Roman. There were rumors that all was not well in her marriage, but no such thing came up in our conversation. The baby seemed to be the solution to everything. I have always remembered that little interlude, because it was the last time I ever saw her. As always, she was dear, sweet, and utterly nice. After a while we went back in to the party."

God, these stories get to me. Beautiful Sharon enjoying her life, looking forward to the future, as it all just rushes toward that God-awful fate. I know that a person should not be defined by how they died, but its like her last months and days were some kind of dreadful countdown. It still upsets me and makes me terribly sad.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow rider View Post
    God, these stories get to me. Beautiful Sharon enjoying her life, looking forward to the future, as it all just rushes toward that God-awful fate. I know that a person should not be defined by how they died, but its like her last months and days were some kind of dreadful countdown. It still upsets me and makes me terribly sad.
    True, but 99.9% of us don't know the moment of our death, (except convicts who are scheduled to die), and that's as it should be.
    Other wise people would be running around like "Daffy Duck".
    I think it's best that we don't know, that way we can still plan and dream.
    Visit my blog to read my memoir "Monster In The Closet".
    I welcome your coments and input.

http://mymemoirmonsterinthecloset.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow rider View Post
    Just remembered this: In 1997 I was on vacation in the US and lady Di was a lot on television. She had this affair with Dodi Al Fayed and of course that became big news everywhere. I remember that there was this story on television about the fiance of Dodi who was dumped by him once he met the princes. And I distinctly remember that I felt that something was about to happen. That it was a sort of countdown to something inevitable. Two days later, she and Dodi were dead.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

Wouldn't something have shown up in Sharon's toxicology report from her autopsy if she had smoked pot that night? As I recall her screen was clean....
    Last edited by Elizabeth; 07-19-2010 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Grammatical error

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    Wouldn't something have shown up in Sharon's toxicology report from her autopsy if she had smoked pot that night? As I recall her screen was clean....
    Doris said Sharon's autopsy report said Sharon was clean no drugs had been found in her system. Roman and Doris both have said Sharon quit smoking,quit drugs and Alcohol.

For the SHARON fans ..........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

& some more ............

Thanks Kelt, you posted some beauties!
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" -
    Author Unknown

perfect skin

eerie photos:

a lot of people confuse Patti and Debra in their younger pictures. one of Leno LaBianca's nieces who often went to parole hearings with Debra was quite sure this was Debra in the picture with Doris at Sharon's funeral. but I could tell it was Patti and watching the videos of the funeral you could easily tell the 2 sisters apart Debra had flaming red hair and you could tell it was her by that mouth and her eyes. Patti had eyes and a mouth you could easily recognize too.

Sharon with a Humpty Dumpty doll she bought for the baby, taken in Europe shortly before she returned to Los Angeles in 1969. I guess they probably found the toy in the nursery. and today is July 20th the 41st anniversary of the moon landing which Sharon, her parents and 2 sisters watched in Sharon's bedroom it was the last time Sharon and her family would see each other, though I read in a interview that Doris said she went up to see Sharon a week before the murders and took her some things for the baby. and they had a nice visit at the Cielo house.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT63 View Post
    a lot of people confuse Patti and Debra in their younger pictures. one of Leno LaBianca's nieces who often went to parole hearings with Debra was quite sure this was Debra in the picture with Doris at Sharon's funeral. but I could tell it was Patti and watching the videos of the funeral you could easily tell the 2 sisters apart Debra had flaming red hair and you could tell it was her by that mouth and her eyes. Patti had eyes and a mouth you could easily recognize too.
    In the newspaper clipping it looks like PATTI to me (too) & of course it is.
    PATTI had, almost like a big flat moon shaped face. She was fairer than either of her older sisters and with those large eyes somewhat down-turned she had a slightly wilted looking expression on her face. She also appeared to have had very fine hair.

In the image below, the jawline looks sharper than the way that PATTI'S did in most pictures of her; then again, it is an 'animated' image. Additionally, the hair looks both darker as well as thicker.

I could care less what one site identifies as being 'PATTI' unless it was on the 'official' site that DEBRA occassionally check on. I can't believe the amount of incorrectly labeled images that I've seen that are allegedly of SHARON, let alone one of either of her sisters who were not really in the public eye. I've come across photographs of PAMELA TIFFIN, TINA LOUISE, model SAMANTHA JONES, JOANNA PETTET that have been mis-identified as being of SHARON TATE. There's one gal on FaceBOOK who has a really nice collection of SHARON photographs, but she also has quite a few others that are clearly not of SHARON and yet this gal swears they are. Crazy how people will believe anything in print.

FIRST HOMICIDE INVESTIGATION PROGRESS REPORT
    DR 69-059 593
    At 1100 hours, Chapman answered the phone and received a call from Roman Polanski. The call originated in Europe. Polanski asked about Chapman's well-being and the general condition of the household. He asked to have his wife, Sharon, come to the phone. Sharon and Polanski conversed for some time. The substance of the conversation was not heard. One or two other telephone calls were received, but were routine household calls and not noted.
    At 1230 hours, two guests arrived at the Polanski home, Joanna Pettit (Mrs. Alex Cord) and Barbara Lewis. They are established friends of Sharon's and the general conversation was concerning Sharon's pregnancy and the expected baby. They had lunch with Sharon, served by Winifred, and departed about 1530 hours. While Mrs. Pettit and Lewis were dining, Abigail Folger and Wojiciech Frykowski returned to the house and conversed with Sharon and her guests (a general household conversation).
    Frank Guerrero (the painter) had spoken to Sharon Tate and observed the two guests arrive as well as Frykowski and Folger. At this time Frykowski, Folger, Pettit, Lewis and Polanski were at the house and he had not noticed any signs of tension or worry expressed by any of the concerned. He departed about1330 hours.
    At 1400 hours, David Martinez, a gardener, arrived at the Polanski home. He went about his gardening work and observed Frykowski, Folger, Polanski, Pettit and Lewis in general conversation about the house.
    At 1500 hours, Joe Vargas (brother of Martinez) also arrived at the address. As Vargas entered the premises, he observed Abigail Folger driving out in a yellow Camaro. About five minutes later, Frykowski departed in a Firebird. While attending to his gardening duties, Vargas observed Sharon Polanski, dressed in a bikini, taking a nap in the back bedroom. He saw William Garretson at the guest house and asked him to do some watering over the weekend as the weather was extremely hot and dry.
    At 1545 hours, Martinez left the location and drove Chapman to the corner of Santa Monica Boulevard and Canon Drive. Vargas remained at the scene and a t 1630 signed for two steamer trunks that were delivered. Vargas signed for the trunks as he did not wish to awaken Sharon Polanski.
    At 1645, Vargas departed, and to his knowledge, Sharon Polanski was the only person remaining in the large house, William Garretson was still in the guest house.
    Between 1730 and 1800, Mrs. Terry Kay was backing out of her driveway a t 9845 Easton Drive. She observed Jay Sebring driving down the road at that address. Her car blocked his progress and she noted that Sebring appeared to be in a hurry and did not acknowledge her in his normal genial way. Another unidentified sports car was following Sebring and both cars drove away rapidly when she cleared the road.

FIRST HOMICIDE INVESTIGATION PROGRESS REPORT
    DR 69-059 593
    William Garretson states that he walked from the guest house to Benedict Canyon Road at 1800 hours and hitchhiked down to a store on Sunset Boulevard. He purchased a TV dinner and some cigarettes and returned to the guest house about 2000, walking and hitchhiking as rides were available. He said he walked from Benedict Canyon up to the Cielo address. Garretson said that when he returned he did not see anyone moving around in the Polanski house.
    Between 1830 and 1900 hours, Dennis Herst delivered a lightweight bicycle to the Cielo address. The bike was purchased at his father's store earlier in the afternoon by Abigail Folger. When Herst delivered the bicycle, Jay Sebring answered the door. He had a wine bottle in his hand and it appeared that he had been eating dinner.
    Between 2145 and 2200 hours, John DelGaudio, manager of the El Coyote Restaurant at 7312 Beverly Boulevard, noted Jay Sebring's name on the waiting list at his restaurant. The slip called for a party of four. Kathy Palmer, waitress at the El Coyote, recalls the Sebring party on the waiting list and states that the party waited in the bar for 15 or 20 minutes, then were served dinner and departed between 2145 and 2200 hours. Kathy is not acquainted with any of the party. She was unable to positively identify persons in the party from photos of Sebring, Frykowski, Folger and Polanski.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

C'mon SAM knock it off with the phony shots.
    I hate that kind of crap; that's why morons end up believing non-sense, fallacies, & downright deceptions. Enough buddy. Please ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    . He had a wine bottle in his hand and it appeared that he had been eating dinner.
    Between 2145 and 2200 hours, John DelGaudio, manager of the El Coyote Restaurant at 7312 Beverly Boulevard, noted Jay Sebring's name on the waiting list at his restaurant. The slip called for a party of four. Kathy Palmer, waitress at the El Coyote, recalls the Sebring party on the waiting list and states that the party waited in the bar for 15 or 20 minutes, then were served dinner and departed between 2145 and 2200 hours. Kathy is not acquainted with any of the party. She was unable to positively identify persons in the party from photos of Sebring, Frykowski, Folger and Polanski.
    That's something that I always found very odd; that being that not one soul at EL COYOTE could positively confirm that four of the murder victims had indeed been there. SHARON in particular would have stood out due to her advanced pregnancy. Interestingly years later when the 'E' channel did one of their TRUE HOLLYWOOD STORY segments on SHARON, the waitress that had allegedly waited on the table that night was interviewed and had crystal clear recollection about that evening and how SHARON was "out to here with her tummy....."

I believe that photo is Joanna Lumley. Sam, I agree with Kelt; I don't like seeing fake Sharon photos in here.

I actually just want to ask a question, and apologies if it's been asked before, but does anyone know if it would have been possible for Garretson so have witnessed Abigail being murdered? What sort of a view would he have had from the guest house? It seems to me he must have seen something, because I can't think of any other reason for the way he was found the following morning, hiding inside and telling the dogs to be quiet. I mean, if he hadn't seen or heard anything, why hide? Surely not because he had dope on the premises; he could have just flushed it down the toilet. I am really puzzling over this right now.
    Last edited by Fluffy-54; 07-21-2010 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    That's something that I always found very odd; that being that not one soul at EL COYOTE could positively confirm that four of the murder victims had indeed been there. SHARON in particular would have stood out due to her advanced pregnancy. Interestingly years later when the 'E' channel did one of their TRUE HOLLYWOOD STORY segments on SHARON, the waitress that had allegedly waited on the table that night was interviewed and had crystal clear recollection about that evening and how SHARON was "out to here with her tummy....."
    Yeah, that is strange. I can only think of ordinary explanations, like maybe it was a busy night, and maybe they just had a quick meal so didn't attract any attention. I think it was established from the autopsy reports that they did eat Mexican food though; except, if I recall correctly, Jay either didn't eat or had very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy-54 View Post
    I believe that photo is Joanna Lumley. Sam, I agree with Kelt; I don't like seeing fake Sharon photos in here.

I actually just want to ask a question, and apologies if it's been asked before, but does anyone know if it would have been possible for Garretson so have witnessed Abigail being murdered? What sort of a view would he have had from the guest house? It seems to me he must have seen something, because I can't think of any other reason for the way he was found the following morning, hiding inside and telling the dogs to be quiet. I mean, if he hadn't seen or heard anything, why hide? Surely not because he had dope on the premises; he could have just flushed it down the toilet. I am really puzzling over this right now.
    I didn't get to go in to the guest house when I was at the property, just the main house, but from my understanding he COULD have done had he looked out of the bathroom window (the bathroom was, I believe, in the projecting small wing with a single window, facing the pool and the French doors from Sharon and Roman's bedroom, though I also seem to recall some mention of him looking out from a closet).

Possible? Yes? Likely, I seriously, seriously doubt it-given how many times he has changed his story. And given that he passed the lie detector which included, if I recall, whether he had "seen" anything. I suspect he "heard" something odd and may as he later admitted have gone out into the rear yard (behind the guest house, at the very end of the property). But it's just TOO coincidental that in 1999-five years after Krenwinkel comes out and first says Abigail was shouting, "I'm already dead!" as she was being stabbed on the lawn, that this PRECISELY is what Garretson now remembers her saying, much less him supposedly seeing her being chased across the lawn. I did talk to Bugliosi about this and he was of the very firm opinion that the only believable story is the one that Garretson told in those first twenty-four hours after the murders.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy-54 View Post
    That was Joanna Lumley? I thought it was Joanna Pettit?

Just kidding guys, sometimes I think people just get entirely too serious about this stuff, just trying to add a little levity, not trying to be offend, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    C'mon SAM knock it off with the phony shots.
    I hate that kind of crap; that's why morons end up believing non-sense, fallacies, & downright deceptions. Enough buddy. Please ?

I don't like seeing fake Sharon photos in here, but Kelt... Relax ! You remind me of my grandpa so much! He was always so angry and trying to control everything! When I'm old I will try to relax and take everything with a chill pill!!!!

You are so funny Kelt, that's why we like you so much!!!!

Patti Tate:

Was this photo taken at Cielo?

Sharon:

Quote Originally Posted by sedemika View Post

She looked a LOT like Doris.

To Greg:

Do you happen to know what the mental health diagnosis is for William Garretson? There seems to be something very wrong with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg King View Post
    I didn't get to go in to the guest house when I was at the property, just the main house, but from my understanding he COULD have done had he looked out of the bathroom window (the bathroom was, I believe, in the projecting small wing with a single window, facing the pool and the French doors from Sharon and Roman's bedroom, though I also seem to recall some mention of him looking out from a closet).

Possible? Yes? Likely, I seriously, seriously doubt it-given how many times he has changed his story. And given that he passed the lie detector which included, if I recall, whether he had "seen" anything. I suspect he "heard" something odd and may as he later admitted have gone out into the rear yard (behind the guest house, at the very end of the property). But it's just TOO coincidental that in 1999-five years after Krenwinkel comes out and first says Abigail was shouting, "I'm already dead!" as she was being stabbed on the lawn, that this PRECISELY is what Garretson now remembers her saying, much less him supposedly seeing her being chased across the lawn. I did talk to Bugliosi about this and he was of the very firm opinion that the only believable story is the one that Garretson told in those first twenty-four hours after the murders.
    It's apparent that this guy could easily be persuaded into believing just about anything. Likely would be a great hypnosis subject.
    "I'm a bird, I'm a bird........" You sure are Billy Boy ! Afterall, we are talking about the same guy who finds 'Rosie Tate Polanski' to be credible. Need I say more ?
    I can't think of a better example about the dangers of mixing drugs with stupidity.

I don't like seeing fake Sharon photos in here, but Kelt... Relax ! You remind me of my grandpa so much! He was always so angry and trying to control everything! When I'm old I will try to relax and take everything with a chill pill!!!!

You are so funny Kelt, that's why we like you so much!!!!
    Thanks. Makes me think of prepubescent girls who fall for anything when I see dubious information and images being passed off as being accurate. Just grates.

Kelt forget the chill pill, you need some Amidren-MHP.

Kelt forget the chill pill, you need some Amidren-MHP.

Too late !
    Oh, and don't believe its hype; only works so so.

Was this photo taken at Cielo?

Doesn't look like any variation of the gate at Cielo I have ever seen over the years. And I would think Cielo would be the last place she would want to go. I mentioned once to Debra the new house being built on the property (at that time) and said something about how enormous and ugly it was-and she had not seen it. I said, "Well, we can go drive up there if you want," which was met with a big look like I had just beheaded her dog! She had been interested in going to Jay's as she often went there as well, but NOT to Cielo-not at all-and I would think this would be true for Patti.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
    To Greg:

Do you happen to know what the mental health diagnosis is for William Garretson? There seems to be something very wrong with him.
    I know nothing concrete. Clearly, given his support for the absurd claims of the "wife" as Kelt mentioned, I can't imagine what might be going on. When I interviewed him back in 1998 or so, he was a nice, pleasant guy but I was intensely skeptical of his shifting versions of the "truth" about that night. I think all of the alterations to his statements over the years coupled with the "Rosie Tate Polanski" mess is enough for people to draw their own conclusions.

Doesn't look like any variation of the gate at Cielo I have ever seen over the years. And I would think Cielo would be the last place she would want to go. I mentioned once to Debra the new house being built on the property (at that time) and said something about how enormous and ugly it was-and she had not seen it. I said, "Well, we can go drive up there if you want," which was met with a big look like I had just beheaded her dog! She had been interested in going to Jay's as she often went there as well, but NOT to Cielo-not at all-and I would think this would be true for Patti.
    I can't imagine Doris,Debra or Patti ever going up to Cielo after the murders. in 1993 Maury Povich asked Patti on his talk show if she ever went to the house she said yes of course but when she saw he meant afterwards she said no. there had been reports that Paul Tate had to clean up the blood according to that letter Debra read from Paul at Susan Atkins' parole hearing in 2000 Paul said he had to clean up that house. and Victor Lownes had to go up there a few days after the slaughter and get one of Sharon's dresses to bury her in he said he saw "pigs will die" written on the walls in blood at Sharon's house he said on Roman Polanski's biography or the E! True Hollywood Story. I guess Victor got shaken up being in that house.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT63 View Post
    I can't imagine Doris,Debra or Patti ever going up to Cielo after the murders. in 1993 Maury Povich asked Patti on his talk show if she ever went to the house she said yes of course but when she saw he meant afterwards she said no. there had been reports that Paul Tate had to clean up the blood according to that letter Debra read from Paul at Susan Atkins' parole hearing in 2000 Paul said he had to clean up that house. and Victor Lownes had to go up there a few days after the slaughter and get one of Sharon's dresses to bury her in he said he saw "pigs will die" written on the walls in blood at Sharon's house he said on Roman Polanski's biography or the E! True Hollywood Story. I guess Victor got shaken up being in that house.
    He still remembered this very vividly when I talked to him about him-i think I put in my book about how he had gone into the closet to pick out the dress in which Sharon was buried and how he told me he had just wanted to get out as quickly as possible. But he did add some extraneous stuff about being all unsettled and breaking down into tears in the bedroom and whatnot that I left out-it wasn't particularly relevant but clearly it had been a huge emotional experience for him. He did say-I remember this very clearly-that he had asked the policeman at the house (there was one at the gate-there may have been a second on the lawn-on this he was unclear) where Sharon's had died so he could try to avoid it and in entering the living room had tried to quickly walk through and keep his eyes away from the area in front of the fireplace, but even so he could see the blood all over the porch, the entrance hall, in spots in the living room, at the hallway leading to the bedrooms, etc.

Mr. King, did you take any pictures when you went to Cielo?

I have a question about cleaning up the house--

Since they were renting, wouldn't it be appropriate for the landlord to hire professional cleaning people? How can grieving family members be expected to clean up in those kinds of circumstances?

Hippo- I remember reading somewhere that the owner of the Cielo house expected Roman to clean the house and also expected him to replace the carpets. I can't remember exactly where I read this and it was coming from Roman. I'm going to look back and see if I can find the article.

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustme View Post
    Hippo- I remember reading somewhere that the owner of the Cielo house expected Roman to clean the house and also expected him to replace the carpets. I can't remember exactly where I read this and it was coming from Roman. I'm going to look back and see if I can find the article.
    I guess someone had to clean it. I'd have thought the police would have wanted the carpet and couch as evidence.

You're right, Sam. Someone did have to clean it and as tenants of the residence it was the Polanski's that were responsible for the damages.

I couldn't find the article backing up the claim but I did find a quote on a flickr account regarding the situation from someone who spoke with Rudy Altobelli directly.

"Yes, I have spoken to Rudi Altobelli. I don't think the rumour about him laughing is true for he knew Sharon and was very fond of her. He did however, sue Roman Polanski due to the fact that Folger and Frykowski, who were not on the lease were living there. And he also did sue for damage done to property.
    Yes, Paul Tate did clean the house over a month after the killings. Lot's of people don't realize that it is up to family members to do these things and they are left to do it themselves or have a company that specializes in these matters do it for a hefty price!"

Isn't it awful that Mr. Tate had to go into that home and clean it of his own daughter's blood? I can't even imagine. You would think a successful film maker would be able to afford to have it professionally cleaned but I suspect with the media circus surrounding the case they wanted no one but a family member on the premises.

Truly horrible!
    But I guess you must think of Rudi Altobelli's position on the subject. It was a rent house for him, and who was going to want to rent it after THAT?