Page 229 of 275 FirstFirst ... 130180220227228229230231238 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,450 of 13702

Thread: Sharon Tate

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1968 View Post
    Agreed,

When you see the slash wounds on Folger's face, you get the impression the attack on her was of a more personal nature(IMO). You don't see any such cuts or slashes on Sharon's face.

A few years ago, a book released by Maury Terry proposes Charles Manson had previous dealings with Folger. Some FBI informant claims Folger had given Manson money a couple years before the murders. At some point, Folger stopped giving him money. In addition, the "informant" revealed how Manson wanted to "get it on" with Folger, but she shot him down. Is there any truth to this?. If so, Charles Manson must have been enraged with Folger, and could have ordered his disciples to kill her in a more personal manner(i.e. slashing her face). In my opinion, this would explain why Folger's face was cut up so bad, unlike Sharon, Voytek, and Jay. Of course, this is just speculation on my part, but does anyone agree or disagree?.

Is anyone familiar with this book, and the story about the "FBI informant"?. Has anyone stepped forward to validate Maury Terry's claims in his book?.
    I guess anything is possible. but Manson had been at that house before when Terry Melcher and Candice Bergen lived there. and Manson went there in March 1969 looking for Terry but he moved. and Manson and Sharon Tate reportedly saw each other from a distance that day. it would be quite a considence if he did know Abigail before she moved into Cielo Dr. but a lot of people believe Voytek and Abigail had more wounds on them because they fought for their lives and tried to escape and were outside screaming which people could hear.

I am going to agree with you on this Robert, I don't think Steve and Jay knew what hit them and poor Sharon was probally in shock. I did a degree's thing ( lack of a better thing to call it I suppose?) along time ago on this thread trying to connect everyone. As they say its a small world. I'll look for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by sedemika View Post
    I know its a Sharon Tate thread, but I found some Abigail Folger's photos I had never seen before....

Sedemika,

Great job turning up these rare pics of Folger. The middle pic, where she's looking down, is one I've never seen before. It's too bad we only have 4 or 5 pics of her, but I guess Peter Folger and company sealed up the bulk of her photos.

Can someone please explain why every available pic of Folger is black and white?. I know there's only a few available of her anyway, but still you would think there would be at least one color pic of her?. This may sound trivial, but it's something I've always wondered about?. Obviously, Sharon has the most pics, many in color, and several of Jay's pics are in color. I've even seen a couple of color photos of Voytek, and Steve Parent.

I remember reading, how that loser Tex Watkins stated how beautiful Folger looked, just before cutting her face up.

I thought Tex told his mother that about Sharon? I am just gonna assume the pics we do have of Abigail maybe were copies from the newspapers? Color camera's were maybe kinda new? Like color TV's and black and white were just more common? I'm guessing of course.

Abigail Folger was a beauty as well...not as striking as Sharon but Sharon was the model/ actress.

I have a quick question. I've googled and I can't find the answer. Where is Voytek burried? Does anyone have a picture of his grave?

ETA, I can't believe I missed it, right there at the end of his Wiki page. Still,does anyone have a picture?
    Last edited by JennyMominRI; 12-28-2010 at 07:11 AM.

Haven't looked specifically, JennyMom, but you might consider looking at www.findagrave.com and doing a search by name. They have a lot of grave sites posted there.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMB1967 View Post
    Haven't looked specifically, JennyMom, but you might consider looking at www.findagrave.com and doing a search by name. They have a lot of grave sites posted there.
    Yup, It's there, In Lodz Poland

Abigail Folger was a beauty as well...not as striking as Sharon but Sharon was the model/ actress.
    Agreed,

Abigail was a beauty herself, but of course Sharon had the looks of a model. Regarding Abigail, she radiated a certain elegance, probably the result of her upbringing, and being an heiress.

I think Sharon and Abigail both had an inner beauty about them, which is often overlooked due to their outward appearance. However, they both were probably a little on the naive side, completely trusting the men in their lives. We all know how Roman was sleeping around on Sharon, and it's been rumored Frykowski was seeing someone behind Abigail's back. It seems to me, two classy ladies like Abigail and Sharon could have done better with their choice of men. That's not intended as a knock against either lady, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    I am going to agree with you on this Robert, I don't think Steve and Jay knew what hit them and poor Sharon was probally in shock. I did a degree's thing ( lack of a better thing to call it I suppose?) along time ago on this thread trying to connect everyone. As they say its a small world. I'll look for the post.

OK, it starts way back on page 76 http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...t=2005&page=76

Thanks Jenny! I have never seen a burial site before for Voytek. I never looked either though because I was always under the assumption he was cremated.

I find it so ironic that Voytek's son was also murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyLittleDeathHag View Post
    I find it so ironic that Voytek's son was also murdered.
    Not only murdered, but stabbed to death too! But it also says something about pills being involved? I am not really sure what thats all about?

Just a couple of quick thoughts/questions. Maybe this has already been covered, maybe not:

I read somewhere that Sammy Davis Jnr. reportedly said everyone in the Tate home was involved in satanism to some degree. I'm guessing he's referring to the period after victims Folger & Frykowski had taken up residence there?. Does anyone else recall him saying this?. Why would he make such a claim, unless it was true?.

Also, is it true police found razor cut marks inside the glove compartment of Abigail Folger's car?. The obvious conclusion being either Folger herself, or boyfriend Voytek, were cutting up coke. This report, if true, is not surprising as both were linked to heavy drug use, and it was well known Voytek was distributing at the time. Your thoughts on this story?.

Mike

I have never heard Sammy Davis Jr's allegations nor the story about the cut marks in Abigail Folger's glove compartment. The satanism link undoubetedly came from Sharon's role in that movie not long before she passed as it has been alluded to before. It was just a part she played in the movie however. There was no deeper connection than that.

Thanks for posting the picture of Voytek's grave. I also just assumed that he had been cremated.

Thanks for posting the picture of Voytek's grave. I also just assumed that he had been cremated.
    in Greg King's book on page 240 he says Voytek was cremated and his ashes were then buried in the plot. also I wonder if Doris and Patti were cremated so there would be room to bury them in the plot with Sharon, cause Sharon,Patti and Doris all have the same grave plot number: L152,6

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT63 View Post
    in Greg King's book on page 240 he says Voytek was cremated and his ashes were then buried in the plot. also I wonder if Doris and Patti were cremated so there would be room to bury them in the plot with Sharon, cause Sharon,Patti and Doris all have the same grave plot number: L152,6
    I wonder if Col. Paul Tate's name has been added to the marker? And if his ashes were ever placed there? Last I knew Debrah had them. I always wonded about that too Robert? How they were putting all the bodies in one plot? Good Question.

Not only murdered, but stabbed to death too! But it also says something about pills being involved? I am not really sure what thats all about?
    Was it drug related or something? I am surprised his son was the ony one who went after money makers ofthe crime and tried to get the money himself. I am surprised that Sahron's family and now Jay's nephew seem to be the only family involved at all. I think it was Patti Tate that said Roman Polanski and the Folger family see it sort of as a "scandal" when she was on Maury Povich in the early 90s. How could you see it as a scandal? They were innocent, your loved one was murdered!!

Maybe because of Maury Povich himself?
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyLittleDeathHag View Post
    Was it drug related or something? I am surprised his son was the ony one who went after money makers ofthe crime and tried to get the money himself. I am surprised that Sahron's family and now Jay's nephew seem to be the only family involved at all. I think it was Patti Tate that said Roman Polanski and the Folger family see it sort of as a "scandal" when she was on Maury Povich in the early 90s. How could you see it as a scandal? They were innocent, your loved one was murdered!!
    that was Susan Atkins' then lawyer Deborah Fraser who said the Folger family considered it a scandal, how would she know how her client's victim's family felt about it? though none of Abigail's family has ever as far as I know spoke publicly about the case or attended a parole hearing or even wrote a letter to the PB in objection over any of the murderers being paroled. but Voytek has little or no family left now even if he does they don't live in the U.S. Abigail's parents are dead now and I don't know if she has close relatives left. Sharon now only has one sister, 3 nieces, 1 nephew and some cousins living. Sharon now has 2 great-nieces as one of Patti's daughters had a baby girl and more recently Debra's only daughter had a baby girl if I heard correctly. so Debra is probably busy being grandmother now when she's not fighting against the Manson murderers' release.

I seen somewhere Abigail has a 1/2 sister and she looks ALOT like her, but IDK if she's still alive? Voytek has a granddaughter I seen.

Actually Abigails' family did write letters objecting to parole-I know Peter Folger did so

Quote Originally Posted by Greg King View Post
    Actually Abigails' family did write letters objecting to parole-I know Peter Folger did so

Greg, do you also know if Roman has written letters to the Parole Board?

Fireplace Stone 10050 Cielo Drive

Here is a picture of a stone from the fireplace where the Manson Murders occured that I bought from Scott Michaels.
    Here's what the note says:

10050 CIELO DRIVE
    This is an actual stone taken from the fireplace of the original house where Sharon Tate Polanski, Jay Sebring, Abigail Folger, Steven Parent and Voityck Frykowski were murdered on 8-9-69.
    The murders were committed by the so-called "Manson Family" and are also known as the HELTER SKELTER MURDERS.
    The house was demolished in January of 1994.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Linnythepooh View Post
    Greg, do you also know if Roman has written letters to the Parole Board?
    I don't. I wouldn imagine-given his own legal circumstances-that he did not do so as no one came up for parole until after his own legal troubles.

I mean I know from Debra he opposes parole but I can't say that he actually wrote anything

Since joining the site, I've read about 85% of this thread. I've learned so much from it.

But I have a question...dunno if it has been asked but what happened to Sharon's dogs? Were they killed as well or spared? Silly question to ask, I know.
    We all march to a different drumbeat

Quote Originally Posted by xbluerosex View Post
    Since joining the site, I've read about 85% of this thread. I've learned so much from it.

But I have a question...dunno if it has been asked but what happened to Sharon's dogs? Were they killed as well or spared? Silly question to ask, I know.
    Not a silly question, be glad to answer it based on what I know.

The story goes, all the dogs were originally taken to the pound immediately after the murders. Debra Tate claims to have taken in Sharon's dogs. Whether she took in all the dogs, or just some of them, I'm not exactly sure.

In addition, Debra claims to have found a home for Abigail's dalmation puppie, also rescued from the pound.

Hope that helps some.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat MaGroin View Post
    Here is a picture of a stone from the fireplace where the Manson Murders occured that I bought from Scott Michaels.
    Here's what the note says:

10050 CIELO DRIVE
    This is an actual stone taken from the fireplace of the original house where Sharon Tate Polanski, Jay Sebring, Abigail Folger, Steven Parent and Voityck Frykowski were murdered on 8-9-69.
    The murders were committed by the so-called "Manson Family" and are also known as the HELTER SKELTER MURDERS.
    The house was demolished in January of 1994.
    I am so glad Scott rescued these bricks. It's like GOLD to most of us.. I have a necklace with a piece from one of the bricks.

The story goes, all the dogs were originally taken to the pound immediately after the murders. Debra Tate claims to have taken in Sharon's dogs. Whether she took in all the dogs, or just some of them, I'm not exactly sure.

In addition, Debra claims to have found a home for Abigail's dalmation puppie, also rescued from the pound.

Hope that helps some.
    They have pictures of the police carrying the animals away, you can even see the kitten Sharon was caring for.

Hope that helps some.

It helped. Thanks!
    We all march to a different drumbeat

I am so glad Scott rescued these bricks. It's like GOLD to most of us.. I have a necklace with a piece from one of the bricks.

Wow! A necklace! That is cool! I'd like to see a picture of that (if you are so inclined...)

I never took the stone out of the bag before I took the picture the other day. I started getting a weird feeling, freaking myself out, lol, thinking about if that stone could talk, all that it had witnessed/heard...

Reply to Pat MaGroin - that's funny that you mentioned the weird feeling and freaking yourself out about the stone - I took Scott's HS tour a few years ago and would not even accept the "piece of fireplace" because of the tragedy associated with it - was too freaked out to take it and thought it would be bad luck. Also Patricia Krenwinkle's parole hearing is scheduled for January 20, 2011. Write those letters opposing parole.

Quote Originally Posted by jeking View Post
    Reply to Pat MaGroin - that's funny that you mentioned the weird feeling and freaking yourself out about the stone - I took Scott's HS tour a few years ago and would not even accept the "piece of fireplace" because of the tragedy associated with it - was too freaked out to take it and thought it would be bad luck. Also Patricia Krenwinkle's parole hearing is scheduled for January 20, 2011. Write those letters opposing parole.
    she has little chance of getting paroled but still I would write a letter protesting her release,she was convicted of all 7 killings and probably did more stabbing out of all 3 women killers. I have a hard time beleving she is "geniunely remorseful" . for herself probably.

Wow! A necklace! That is cool! I'd like to see a picture of that (if you are so inclined...)

I never took the stone out of the bag before I took the picture the other day. I started getting a weird feeling, freaking myself out, lol, thinking about if that stone could talk, all that it had witnessed/heard...

Yes, I can post a picture. I thought I already had a pic on here of it?? Hmm? My kids always ask if it has blood on it? Probally NOT. But, it does make ya wonder? OH, and yes! If it could only talk

Hi,

I'm throwing out a lifeline here, hoping someone can offer some suggestions?. I registered almost 3 weeks ago on another forum called "Crimeshots", to discuss the Manson murders. Now, 3 weeks later, they still haven't activated my account. I've sent numerous emails to the "forum administrator", asking why it's taking so long for my account to be activated, but they won't reply to any of my emails, making it very frustrating.

Does anyone have some ideas or suggestions on what to do next?. I had no problem getting my account activated on Findadeath, I don't know what the issue is over at Crimeshots?.

Would appreciate any thoughts on what to do next?.

Thanks for your time,

Mike

Maybe try sending it again? Or perhaps the Forum is not very active? I am a memeber there but haven't posted in ages.

Here's the necklace Pat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's the necklace Pat.
    Thanks for the pic Wendy - The necklace looks really cool!

Wasn't it a forum member who made them?

Wow Wendy! That is a beautiful necklace.

Thanks for the pic Wendy - The necklace looks really cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnythepooh View Post
    Wasn't it a forum member who made them?
    Wow Wendy! That is a beautiful necklace.
    Thank you! Yes, Newsocks made them! She did awsome!

Here's the necklace Pat.
    were the pieces of brick for sale when you took scotts tour?
    it is a lovely necklace.
    im not looking down on any one but i dont think i could have bought them. I used to have nightmares back in the 80s where i was hiding up in a small space above the fire place, this is before i had seen pictures of the house, and they didnt know i was there, and im frozen in terror trying not to move or even breathe. I had those nightmares over and over and id wake up terrified with my heart racing.
    Last edited by cto69; 01-15-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cto69 View Post
    were the pieces of brick for sale when you took scotts tour?
    it is a lovely necklace.
    im not looking down on any one but i dont think i could have bought them. I used to have nightmares back in the 80s where i was hiding up in a small space above the fire place, this is before i had seen pictures of the house, and they didnt know i was there, and im frozen in terror trying not to move or even breathe. I had those nightmares over and over and id wake up terrified with my heart racing.
    Wow! Thats spooky! I never took his tour. I bought the necklace from another FAD member. I think at one point Scott was just selling pieces of the bricks on FAD.com?

Patricia Krenwinkel denied parole again for at least seven years:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...ed-parole.html

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...l/7390935.html

The two-member parole board said after a Thursday hearing in Corona that the 63-year-old Krenwinkel will not be eligible for parole again for seven years, the longest such period handed down to any of the Manson family convicts.

The panel said they were swayed by the memory and of the crimes, along with 80 letters which came from all over the world urging Krenwinkel's continued incarceration.
    Means she'll be 70 before she comes up for parole again. Wow. She might not even live that long.

Now that they're all getting up there in years, it must be really hitting home that they didn't just destroy the lives of their victims and their families, but that they destroyed their own lives too; they threw away the lives they could have had. All for a creepy little nutjob self proclaimed guru.
    Last edited by Fluffy-54; 01-20-2011 at 10:05 PM.

Patricia "Katie" Krenwinkel was denied Parole today Jan.20,2011. the board gave her a 7 year denial. the Board said the savage nature of the murders was the main reason. Pat was convicted of 7 murders now she must wait 7 years until her next hearing. Pat is now 63. Bobby Beausoleil 63, was recently denied 5 years. [bet Col.Scott is pissed about that one]

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy-54 View Post
    Patricia Krenwinkel denied parole again for at least seven years:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...ed-parole.html

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...l/7390935.html

Means she'll be 70 before she comes up for parole again. Wow. She might not even live that long.

Now that they're all getting up there in years, it must be really hitting home that they didn't just destroy the lives of their victims and their families, but that they destroyed their own lives too; they threw away the lives they could have had. All for a creepy little nutjob self proclaimed guru.
    Krenwinkel's father Joseph Krenwinkel died in 2001 at age 80, they destroyed their families lives as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT63 View Post
    Krenwinkel's father Joseph Krenwinkel died in 2001 at age 80, they destroyed their families lives as well.
    Yes Robert, that is absolutely true. Tex Watson said his father painted over the "Watson" on the front of the store that had been his entire life's work. Poor man, he must have felt the name Watson stood for honesty, courtesy, service, all those sort of things, and then his son goes and turns it into a synonym for "unspeakable horror."

Yes, they made victims of their own families too.

The two-member panel made clear it was the horror of the killings, among the most notorious of the 20th century, that led them to reject the bid for parole in spite of Krenwinkel's efforts to change her life.

They said the atrocious murders of seven people had affected the entire world evidenced by letters which came in from around the globe urging that she be kept behind bars and said Krenwinkel failed to understand that.

"These crimes remain relevant," said parole commissioner Susan Melanson. "The public is in fear."

Melanson and Deputy Commissioner Steven Hernandez issued their decision after a four-hour hearing and more than an hour of deliberations at which Krenwinkel wept, apologized for her murderous deeds and said she was ashamed of her actions.

Members of victims' families also cried and recalled their suffering after the murders and called for her to be kept behind bars. Melanson said the notoriety of the crimes and their viciousness weighed heavily in the decision.

"The panel concludes that she is not suitable for parole and would present an unreasonable danger if released," she said.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world...el-809543.html
    I have to agree with that. If Krenwinkel moved in next door to me, I would be absolutely terrified. I'd be lying await at night straining to hear any little sound. She totally forfeited her right to ever again live freely in society.

Am i wrong in thinking that 80 letters is pathetic? Or did the parole board just pick the strongest letters?