Page 245 of 275 FirstFirst ... 146196236243244245246247254 ... LastLast
Results 12,201 to 12,250 of 13702

Thread: Sharon Tate

The National Enquirer often used this picture of Sharon when running a story on the murderers when comming up for parole. Watson, Atkins and Krenwinkel's lawyers condemed the Enquirer stories for portraying their clients as "cold blooded monsters" the lawyers said they were rehabiltated and would be model citizens if released. uh yeah ok.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT63 View Post
    The National Enquirer often used this picture of Sharon when running a story on the murderers when comming up for parole. Watson, Atkins and Krenwinkel's lawyers condemed the Enquirer stories for portraying their clients as "cold blooded monsters" the lawyers said they were rehabiltated and would be model citizens if released. uh yeah ok.
    They might not murder again, but that's besides the point. They need to pay for what they have allready done. Anyone could see that

Sharon in her final speaking scene of her final movie 13 Chairs or 12+1.

Debra told me tonight that Watson has a parole hearing scheduled for November. I will post the details in another month or so if anyone wants to write.
    "The gore of the tomato dribbles from your lips..."-Brother Theodore

Thanks for the info I definitely want to write a letter. ( Even though I don't think he's going anywhere!) It makes me feel better to send one in.
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" -
    Author Unknown

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Greg King View Post
    Debra told me tonight that Watson has a parole hearing scheduled for November. I will post the details in another month or so if anyone wants to write.

Thats a good thing about our legal system. 40+ years after something like this, us American citizens can actually write to authorities & let them know what we think about it & try to influence the system a bit more.

I honestly don't know what kind of a difference writing to the Parole Board is but if it does make a difference, then the legal system is great- in that regards.
    <a href=http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg target=_blank>http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    Damn shes so little too!

Sharon always carried herself with such poise and grace.
    For that reason, I always thought she was on the tall side,
    however she was only 5'6" and approximately 118 pounds.

As PYT said, she was "Awesomely Beautiful"...inside and out.
    Last edited by Cynful; 08-24-2011 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    They might not murder again, but that's besides the point. They need to pay for what they have allready done. Anyone could see that
    I wholeheartedly agree, Shannon. I don't care how reformed they are. They will never finish paying for their crimes in this life. They need to stay in prison for as long as their victims stay in their graves.
    C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\ccef\ccef\Thunderstorm.gif C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\ccef\ccef\Freezing-Rain-and-Snow.gif

Quote Originally Posted by aedgar5000 View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree, Shannon. I don't care how reformed they are. They will never finish paying for their crimes in this life. They need to stay in prison for as long as their victims stay in their graves.
    I bet anything if they did get out they would get the pee beat out of them at least. They are more safe in prison.

if I had my way Watson would get a 100 year denial. no if I had my way he would have gotten the electric chair years ago, in the past killers who commited only one murder have been fried in the electric chair while Watson was allowed to get married have sex and reproduce after slaughtering 7 people and an unborn baby boy. it makes me sick. what a messed up system.

if I had my way Watson would get a 100 year denial. no if I had my way he would have gotten the electric chair years ago, in the past killers who commited only one murder have been fried in the electric chair while Watson was allowed to get married have sex and reproduce after slaughtering 7 people and an unborn baby boy. it makes me sick. what a messed up system.
    It truly is messed up. I know from personal experience.
    People like them ought to be sterilized

I bet anything if they did get out they would get the pee beat out of them at least.
    They wouldn't last five minutes before someone permanently put them out of their misery...awwww, that would be such a shame. NOT.

Courtney Stodden just released a statement in which she is compared to great beauties such as Marilyn and Sharon. Ick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mintgiver View Post
    Courtney Stodden just released a statement in which she is compared to great beauties such as Marilyn and Sharon. Ick.

What??? Is she comparing herself to them or is someone else comparing her to them? Regardless, CS is not even worthy
    of being the dirt on the bottom of Marilyn or Sharon's shoes. Come on.

I've never even heard of her, my age is showing I guess...
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" -
    Author Unknown

I bet anything if they did get out they would get the pee beat out of them at least. They are more safe in prison.
    Agreed. Someone would go gunning for them.

It makes me sick, too, Robert. The killers have lived far too well in prison, especially having children. Sharon never had a chance to have her precious baby. What a punishment they've received

Quote Originally Posted by cdolen View Post
    They wouldn't last five minutes before someone permanently put them out of their misery...awwww, that would be such a shame. NOT.
    LOL! Agreed. Wouldn't shed a tear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagitha View Post
    I've never even heard of her, my age is showing I guess...
    Don't feel bad. I have no idea who this Courtney person is either, but I highly doubt she compares to either Marilyn or Sharon.
    C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\ccef\ccef\Thunderstorm.gif C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\ccef\ccef\Freezing-Rain-and-Snow.gif

Thanks for the new pictures and info, I will be writing a letter as well.
    "Never say goodbye, because saying goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting" Peter Pan.

http://www.eonline.com/news/courtney..._farrah/258980

A page that shows the "Sharon Tate" like picture and some of Courtney modeling in the style of other famous beauties.

Quote Originally Posted by Mintgiver View Post
    http://www.eonline.com/news/courtney..._farrah/258980

A page that shows the "Sharon Tate" like picture and some of Courtney modeling in the style of other famous beauties.
    Now I see who you are taking about. Yuck. Ick. Ugh. She doesn't begin to hold a candle to Sharon. In fact, she is flat out creepy .

Thanks for the link, Mintgiver.

That's insulting to Sharon
    <a href=http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg target=_blank>http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg</a>

That's insulting to Sharon

I wholeheartedly concur.

That just pisses me off. Totally. I'm talking real anger over here. What a dumb girl. Not to mention she looks 50 and is suppose to be 16?!?!? And futhermore it pisses me off that E! refers to Courtney dressing as Sharon as creepy because Sharon was a murder victim! HELLO she was so much more than that. OK rant over. grrrrrrrr
    Deliver me from reasons...why you'd rather cry, I'd rather fly.-The Crystal Ship/Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Somersett Leigh View Post
    That just pisses me off. Totally. I'm talking real anger over here. What a dumb girl. Not to mention she looks 50 and is suppose to be 16?!?!? And futhermore it pisses me off that E! refers to Courtney dressing as Sharon as creepy because Sharon was a murder victim! HELLO she was so much more than that. OK rant over. grrrrrrrr
    It pisses me off, too. I wish people would lose this mindset of Sharon as the eternal victim. I feel it disrespects her memory. Oh well, except for the few of us who actually care about Sharon as a person, public perception is never going to change, and it's sad.

I know it seems somewhat pointless to write letters if you are against parole. The assumption is that these people will not be released. But it does matter because for the last decade or so, the numbers of letters opposing parole have been dwarfed by the letters from their supporters calling for parole. It used to be the other way round. The Parole Board reads and considers the letters, though they base their overall judgment on violations in prison, on the crimes, and on psych reports for the most part. But it wold be nice to get back to a point where they receive more letters against parole than the present situation. Public opinion does matter, and apathy here, or belief that they will not win a parole date hence no need to write, plays right into the killers' hands.

Anyway, sorry for the rant...I will post the details and information when the time comes for letters.

I know it seems somewhat pointless to write letters if you are against parole. The assumption is that these people will not be released. But it does matter because for the last decade or so, the numbers of letters opposing parole have been dwarfed by the letters from their supporters calling for parole. It used to be the other way round. The Parole Board reads and considers the letters, though they base their overall judgment on violations in prison, on the crimes, and on psych reports for the most part. But it wold be nice to get back to a point where they receive more letters against parole than the present situation. Public opinion does matter, and apathy here, or belief that they will not win a parole date hence no need to write, plays right into the killers' hands.

Anyway, sorry for the rant...I will post the details and information when the time comes for letters.
    Why do you feel there has been the shift to more letters desiring parole? I don't get it. Do people simply feel that the killers have been imprisoned for too long?
    Last edited by aedgar5000; 08-24-2011 at 08:01 PM.

I am so surprised to hear this. I will definitely write. I know my late mom wrote letters for years whenever any of them came up for parole at the request of Doris.

Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    I am so surprised to hear this. I will definitely write. I know my late mom wrote letters for years whenever any of them came up for parole at the request of Doris.
    I'll be joining you.

Why do you feel there has been the shift to more letters desiring parole? I don't get it. Do people simply feel that the killers have been imprisoned for too long?
    I think it is not that a huge number of people support release, just that those people are more dedicated than those opposing. The letters usually tend to run at a ratio of about 5:1 in favor of release, because of the coordinated efforts of those who support the murderers. Part of the problem, as I say, is I think apathy-people just assume they will not be released, so why bother? But it is important that let the Parole Board knew that there are many more people who oppose release and just never bother to write. It reminds me of the efforts to finally get Sharon a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The committee wanted $10,000 to consider her. Surely some of her fans could pony up 5 bucks a piece to raise the necessary money, but very few people did, not because they didn't care, but because everyone assumed everyone else would take care of it. It's the same with letters. I doubt Watson will ever win release, but Debra tells me he hired a new, hotshot lawyer for this hearing and apparently really is gearing up to try to make a go of it. So I will encourage people when the time comes to try to make their opinions known.

Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    I'll be joining you.

Please count me in as well. Thank you.

I think it is not that a huge number of people support release, just that those people are more dedicated than those opposing. The letters usually tend to run at a ratio of about 5:1 in favor of release, because of the coordinated efforts of those who support the murderers. Part of the problem, as I say, is I think apathy-people just assume they will not be released, so why bother? But it is important that let the Parole Board knew that there are many more people who oppose release and just never bother to write. It reminds me of the efforts to finally get Sharon a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The committee wanted $10,000 to consider her. Surely some of her fans could pony up 5 bucks a piece to raise the necessary money, but very few people did, not because they didn't care, but because everyone assumed everyone else would take care of it. It's the same with letters. I doubt Watson will ever win release, but Debra tells me he hired a new, hotshot lawyer for this hearing and apparently really is gearing up to try to make a go of it. So I will encourage people when the time comes to try to make their opinions known.
    The parole board members need to go online and see the graphic Tate-LaBianca crime scene photos but sure I'll gladly write a letter to oppose his release and the others too whenever they come up for parole, Krenwinkel got a 7 year denial so she won't come up again for 7 years Watson should get an even longer denial last time he got a 5 year wait. I read that Manson will come up again next year, but one at a time since Watson is up next.

It's sad that enough money wasn't raised to get Sharon her star.

Agreed. I'm still holding on to hope that it will happen one day. Maybe it would help people remember her more as a star than a murder victim.... Count me in on writing too, it will be my first one, this forum has really opened my eyes.
    Deliver me from reasons...why you'd rather cry, I'd rather fly.-The Crystal Ship/Jim Morrison

Arrow Petition

I know! Perhaps there could some kind of petition to write to Hollywood??
    Besides how much money does need to be raised? Perhaps we all could donate or something. ? LOL if I had any money at all I would.

I know is used to cost $15,000. I believe that the cost has been jacked up to $25,000 since around 2007.
    Last edited by aedgar5000; 08-25-2011 at 09:56 AM.

I know! Perhaps there could some kind of petition to write to Hollywood??
    Besides how much money does need to be raised? Perhaps we all could donate or something. ? LOL if I had any money at all I would.
    I know is used to cost $15,000. I believe that the cost has been jacked up to $25,000 since around 2007.

In regards to a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, it is now $25,000. In addition to the fee, an application must be made that includes a summary of the applicant's accomplishments, why they should be approved and a photo of the person. It can get a bit complicated, as once someone is approved, all additional photographs that would be used in the presentation of the star must be copywrited, so there would be a need for legal representation which obviously costs money as well. The only reason I know a bit about the process is that I am a member of a small group dedicated to the memory of a deceased musician for whom many people want a star. In that case, there is a well known CEO of a Hollywood entertainment company who has taken charge of the project. He was a close friend of the musician and is able to take care of some of the fees and legal work through his company.

Quote Originally Posted by Somersett Leigh View Post
    Yeah, as if Sharon could help the fact that she was murdered.
    I don't blame this girl for wanting to look like Sharon. If I had a chance to dress like her or better yet ware something that Sharon owned and take pics and publish them for all to see I sure would. Then they would say I was creepy, and discust Sharon fans. Lol

shes too young to even know who Sharon is

shes too young to even know who Sharon is
    I don't think it's fare to say someone is too young to know who Sharon or any celeb is. Sharon had been dead 9 year allready by the time I was born, Marilyn Monroe 16 years but I still consider myself a fan of both. All it takes is a little research.

Sharon in her final speaking scene of her final movie 13 Chairs or 12+1.
    Damn she was a sexy bytch lol

I don't think it's fare to say someone is too young to know who Sharon or any celeb is. Sharon had been dead 9 year allready by the time I was born, Marilyn Monroe 16 years but I still consider myself a fan of both. All it takes is a little research.
    WeLl yea that's true. Forgive me

Damn she was a sexy bytch lol
    Just recently bought "12+1" on DVD. Watched it last night. I really like that movie.

I'm going to buy Eye of the Devil on DVD from amazon; where did you buy 12+1!?! Amazon doesn't have it...ebay????

WeLl yea that's true. Forgive me
    It's nothing to be sorry for.
    It's actually cool that young people are interested in stars from the past. It assures their legacy will keep going on, maybe even after we are gone

I bought the Valley of The Dolls DVD 40th anniversary edition in 2007 it has so many great extras and special features including Sharon's screentests where Jennifer is on the phone with her mother saying "I know I don't have any talent" then she's standing in front of the mirror doing her "bust excercises" before she says "to hell with them let them droop" then goes to bed. the other screen test was Jennifer and Tony in the park Sharon had a lot more lines in the screen test but they cut some of her lines.

I bought the Valley of The Dolls DVD 40th anniversary edition in 2007 it has so many great extras and special features including Sharon's screentests where Jennifer is on the phone with her mother saying "I know I don't have any talent" then she's standing in front of the mirror doing her "bust excercises" before she says "to hell with them let them droop" then goes to bed. the other screen test was Jennifer and Tony in the park Sharon had a lot more lines in the screen test but they cut some of her lines.

That sounds like an excellent DVD- thank you for the information! I have always liked Valley of the Dolls even though it is sometimes panned by critics, but I never tend to pay much attention to film critics, as there have been many, many films that I liked and they didn't. What type of movie is 12+1? I am not familiar with that one.

I absolutely love those screen tests. She is fantastic in them.

Quote Originally Posted by cdolen View Post
    That sounds like an excellent DVD- thank you for the information! I have always liked Valley of the Dolls even though it is sometimes panned by critics, but I never tend to pay much attention to film critics, as there have been many, many films that I liked and they didn't. What type of movie is 12+1? I am not familiar with that one.
    It's a comedy and a little bit racy. I found it quite funny. Here is link with more info:

"12+1"

I absolutely love those screen tests. She is fantastic in them.

It's a comedy and a little bit racy. I found it quite funny. Here is link with more info:

"12+1"

Thank you so very much aedgar5000 and ROBERT63! I will definitely be ordering both of these ASAP...can't wait to watch them!!!

Someone sent me these photos of Roman and a woman he thought looked like Sharon had she lived and was still married to him ! He said you have always wondered what she might have looked like now, these pics were taken in 2010 which would make her 67. Scary thing is I can sort of see what he means !! Something around the eyes and the angle of the face maybe. What do you all think ?

Before I purchase 12+1, I hate to say this ... it just doesn't look like it was a great movie. first, what is it about? Whats the plot of the story??? & Is it dubbed in English???

Before I purchase 12+1, I hate to say this ... it just doesn't look like it was a great movie. first, what is it about? Whats the plot of the story??? & Is it dubbed in English???
    Some dude enharants(sp?) chairs from his aunt. He sells them to an antique store (where Sharon works) finding out latter one has money in it. So he and Sharon run all over trying to track down the chairs that the antique store sold.
    It's not the best movie in the world but the price just to see Sharon at IMO her best is worth it.
    It's in English, not dubbed in English

you can watch the whole movie here. This is actuly how I got to see it a few months ago
    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=siTbR68d4Is
    Last edited by Shannon; 08-26-2011 at 06:36 AM.