Page 1 of 14 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Miley Cyrus

Why is this a "mini scandal?" Big deal, she uses a double while she changes clothes- Hello Hanna Montana is a character in the first place.

You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

Not an uncommon thing, lots of acts use doubles when they can't be in 2 different places at once.

The media really is trying hard to get 'dirt' on Miley Cyrus. It is like they are trying to 'create' another Britney Spears.

TNpuck Guest
    Does anyone really care? I mean besides 12 year olds?

Quote Originally Posted by TNpuck View Post
    Does anyone really care? I mean besides 12 year olds?
    Care that she uses doubles?....Nah

Care that the media is trying to create another Britney?...Absolutely! I hope her family keeps her a bit more grounded than Ms. Spears's has.

Well I do believe the public should be aware of this!!

Lets shell out $2000 to see a fake!!!

Not right. It just goes to show how true talent has gone down the toilet and these supposed singers are just created on an assembly line!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post

Not right. It just goes to show how true talent has gone down the toilet and these supposed singers are just created on an assembly line!!!!
    Agree 100% with this statement

TNpuck Guest
    I have no sympathy for anyone who would shell out that much money to see a kid in concert.

Well then wouldn't Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny be even more guilty of using doubles than Hannah ???

What fresh hell is this ? ~ Dorothy Parker

]

well if she is using the double for a matter of seconds then I have no problem with that... if the doubles performing an entire song then yes I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    Well then wouldn't Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny be even more guilty of using doubles than Hannah ???
    HA!!! that was funny.

l remember 'scandal' when it came out that madonna or janet jackson (or maybe both) lyp-synched during some songs in concert
    their reply was that it's just not possible to do the dance rountines required for the show while singing your best
    l can see their point. if they had just stood there singing, people would have complained that they didn't dance enough
    if you're forking out any big amount on a concert, it's for the show.
    why don't people just sit back (or dance or whatever) and enjoy it?
    this hannah character is a kid. would they rather she collapse of exhaustion?

Quote Originally Posted by TNpuck View Post
    I have no sympathy for anyone who would shell out that much money to see a kid in concert.

I'm right there with you. My boss's friend just paid $1300 apiece for 4 tickets to take her daughter and 2 friends to the concert....and is hiring a limo too. All because she couldn't say "no".

Quote Originally Posted by don't_axe_me View Post
    I'm right there with you. My boss's friend just paid $1300 apiece for 4 tickets to take her daughter and 2 friends to the concert....and is hiring a limo too. All because she couldn't say "no".
    BUT I WANT 4 GOLDEN TICKETS TO SEE HANNAH MONTANA, I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!

You got it on the button, Jason!

Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    BUT I WANT 4 GOLDEN TICKETS TO SEE HANNAH MONTANA, I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!

Right!!!!!

There was a time when renting a limo for your wedding day was THE big thing....then high school kids found that they could get together and hire one for prom night/grad night. I thought that was a bit overboard. But taking 3 ten-year-olds to a concert? Oh, come on!

some people have money to burn.

I'm not just talking about the money to burn, but kids these days are quickly running out of experiences to look forward to.

true and it's easier to shut them up with dollars then it is to discuss with them why going to see Hannah Montana for $1300 is a dumb decision.

Right again......

When I went to see Kraftwerk, they took a little break to change their outfits. Instead of using human doubles, they had robots made to look like them out on stage while "We Are The Robots" was playing. It was pretty cool, maybe Hannah Montana could do that too.

I guess I could see the annoyance at Hannah Montana though. I mean, with the price of tickets, you probably wouldn't expect a double. I do agree that the price of tickets to see her is outrageous though.

Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    well if she is using the double for a matter of seconds then I have no problem with that... if the doubles performing an entire song then yes I agree with you.

If you read the link they say it's about two minutes, while she changes from HM to Miley. It's no big deal. Also, it's the scaplers that are jacking up those ticket costs.

It's the people who are willing to pay who are jacking up the costs

Quote Originally Posted by don't_axe_me View Post
    It's the people who are willing to pay who are jacking up the costs
    True.

Life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    True.
    PT Barnum was right.....there IS a sucker born every minute !!

What fresh hell is this ? ~ Dorothy Parker

]

Hannah Montana is for children and they dont care anyway.

Im glad my 6 year old step daughter likes iron maiden and Kiss and not that pop crap thats getting forced down kids throats

because Iron Maiden and Kiss will surely help to provide a well adjusted childhood.

I am so sick of hearing about this girl.

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE
    Rest in peace sweet baby Caylee. The world loves you and will see to it that you get the justice you deserve.

I saw on the news a few months ago. In Tampa, a radio station had some Hannah Montana concert tickets to give away. To get them, dads had to show up at a football field, in full drag, and the fastest in a race down the field won the tickets. There were at least 20 of them, and full drag, make-up, wigs, dresses, the whole deal. That's some father to do that for concert tickets for the daughter!!

The girl's only 12. Would you rather they turn her into a drug addict a la Judy Garland? That's the only way you can perform for that long a period without some kind of break.
    What do you mean, what do I mean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8iGhqDHlWE

I just took my daughter to see Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus at the United Center in Chicago - our company has a skybox, and I was lucky enough to score three tickets.

As much as I thought the "body double" outcry was much ado over nothing, they came up with a solution. "Hannah" left the stage while the opening act Aly & A.J. (sister act also on the Disney label) performed another song. Then, Miley took the stage.

Can't say the show or her style of pop music was my cup of tea, but my 11-year-old daughter and her friend loved it. In the end, that's all that matters. (Let's just hope Daddy Cyrus gave her tips about what to do when her career hits the wall harder than Mr. Magoo playing racquetball.)

Absolutely right! If the kid can't handle it, don't put her through it at all--cancel her tour and let it be. But DON'T charge what they're charging for tickets and tell us it's the real deal when it's not.. That is called thievery.

Hannah Montana, High Heels , And Workmans Comp

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

It's people like that who make it nearly impossible for the legitimate injured workers to get benefits without being put through the ringer.

Jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Not much to add here........fucking moron sums it up quite well, I think...........jezzly crow Batman.........

This thread really hits home.... my little sister started dating a guy when I was in college.. I knew something was not right with him... I told my sister she better not be "doing it" with him.....and asked my sisters that lived at home and my mom to talk to my sister about sex.... well they never got around to it.. guess what? She got pregnant.. he "fell down and hurt his back"... and got disability... he has not had a job since I have known him.. 26 years? Yet he taught jujitsu .... can sit on a rock for 8 hours fishing... and knows everything ever said on msnbc.... I turned him in.. guess what.. there was not enough proof... he is a crazed dipshit

I've known people like this. It really makes me sick. There are things you can do even if you are hurt. You could do medical transcriptioning. You do that at home :gasp: on the computer. Web design, accounting, a lot of stuff can be done at home. It is unfair for the people who have debilitating problems.

I will not get on my soapbox

Well, that's okay, I'll get on my soapbox. I do understand that there are legitimate reasons that people can't go to work and there is money for them and that's cool.

I know this all too well. I'm starting to go deaf (actually considered "hard of hearing" right now) and a lot of my co-workers tell me how lucky I am that I can eventually go on disability when I finally am completely deaf. Which, I actually plan on teaching at a deaf school instead. I figure if I am able to work and can, why the heck not go and do something to help others instead of just sitting on my butt.

So when I see people abusing the system it makes me very angry.

We all pay the price for these morons, they ruin it for people who really need it, just like welfare, food stamps, family medical leave, all the things that were put in effect to help people. These assholes find a way to take advantage of everything...they're scum & I don't know how they can live with themselves.

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE
    Rest in peace sweet baby Caylee. The world loves you and will see to it that you get the justice you deserve.

I am surprised that a 41 year old man is such a fan.

Obviously, he is truly disabled...mentally.

I've dealt with some workman's comp stuff; mostly legit; and that is what it is for.

But I had one outright fraud; AND; I had the 20 minute video to prove it; but the judge would never allow it to be entered into evidence; even though taken by a licensed; bonded private investigator.

The statement given by said investigator of what he witnessed was also never allowed.

Never got an explanation for that one.

Now, a few years after the settlement; the "victim" has experienced a miraculous recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I am surprised that a 41 year old man is such a fan.

Obviously, he is truly disabled...mentally.

I've dealt with some workman's comp stuff; mostly legit; and that is what it is for.

But I had one outright fraud; AND; I had the 20 minute video to prove it; but the judge would never allow it to be entered into evidence; even though taken by a licensed; bonded private investigator.

The statement given by said investigator of what he witnessed was also never allowed.

Never got an explanation for that one.

Now, a few years after the settlement; the "victim" has experienced a miraculous recovery.
    After a big settlement you should be required to stay in bed for a few years. LOL I'm only half kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    After a big settlement you should be required to stay in bed for a few years. LOL I'm only half kidding.
    I'm sure he is out perpetraiting his next scam.

I found out later that he had gotten an earlier settlement from a previous employer.

I had another guy; and his injury; I think was legit.

He got an $80,000 settlement because he could no longer work in his chosen field.

Today; he is working in that same chosen field.

Physical therapy; I guess?

My friend (who just turned 30) has been off work for the past 8 weeks, collecting Workers Compensation, for Tendonitis!!

We are letter carriers, so it does bother your wrist sometimes with all the repetitive sorting, but she could come in and do something, even if it sitting at a desk and answering phones. It is driving me crazy knowing that she is sitting at home getting paid and we are dragging our asses to work everyday, especially with the brutal winter we have had this year.

Quote Originally Posted by kelbons View Post
    It's people like that who make it nearly impossible for the legitimate injured workers to get benefits without being put through the ringer.

Jerk.
    EXACTLY!!

Hannah Montana is bigger than Jesus Christ!...well...

No..no one to my knowledge has yet to say that Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana is bigger than Jesus..but lets suppose someone or even if Miley herself did say that..do you think there would be the same kind of uproar today similar to what the Beatles had to go through back in the 60s over Lennon's comparison?

Today I don't think most people would care. Some yeah, but most I don't think so since there are so many people today who worship the celebrities and I mean really worship.

For example..my co-worker is such a big Madonna fan and everynight she prays for the safety of not only Madonna but for her daughter Lourdes as well. She really believes Lourdes will grow up to be the "perfect child" almost like an angel from heaven !! Everyday she talks about Madonna and Lourdes !! Yesterday I asked her about her own kids ( she has 2 both under 13 ) and this woman actually admitted to me that she thinks about Madonna's daughter MORE often than her own kids. Weird but I guess in her mind, Madonna is on the same level as Jesus.

Today I wouldn't be surprised that if one of these big stars compares themselves to Jesus, I bet they really could get away with it unlike John Lennon back in 1966.
    Last edited by choff; 07-09-2008 at 08:47 AM.

Is your coworker mentally ill?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Well, I am sure the companies that are selling all the Hannah Montana products probably have some people who pray that Miley stays popular so the stuff will all sell.

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    Well, I am sure the companies that are selling all the Hannah Montana products probably have some people who pray that Miley stays popular so the stuff will all sell.
    Amen, sista!

Though, if it did come down to a protest/album burning like it did back in the day with the Beatles...I know where we can get a TON of Miley Cyrus stuff to burn! I'd be happy to loan a lighter to whoever wanted to start THAT bonfire!
    <3 Rest Well, pvezz. <3