Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Miley Cyrus

She made a face for god sakes. Asians have that eye shape. She was making faces with her friends. Until I see more proof of a racist attitude, Miley is off the hook. Margaret Cho is offensive. She took her people's pain and used it for a headline. "OOH! I can be offended! This Is Good!"
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

For those of us who are non-oriental: Would you be offended if Asians made their eyes wide using their fingers in a simalar way?
    It wouldn't bother me at all. Really. Some people need to stop being so sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    For those of us who are non-oriental: Would you be offended if Asians made their eyes wide using their fingers in a simalar way?
    It wouldn't bother me at all. Really. Some people need to stop being so sensitive.
    Shes a fucking performer who mocked stereotypes of fags and Koreans to comedic advatange at the onset of her career. It's basically her schtick and the one trick pony that rockes her muttering cunt. She's halfheartedly using this as a publicity stunt knowing full well shes shes cutting her credibility short.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Besides Koreans have the least slanty eyes so what's her big, fat problem?
    I know there's a picture out there of Miley taking an ass beating from Chris Brown and liking it.
    Last edited by John Connor; 02-13-2009 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thinkering View Post
    You'd be TMZ's sweetheart! Screw Britney.
    I wouldnt screw Britnew with a four foot thick condom (it would fit easily in her cuntavity) made of secret Michelin technology even if offered 5 kilos of Peruvian Textbook and 50% of her future profits.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Guest Guest
    Ah Miley Cyrus, attractive young lady. What gives a crap what Cho thinks? Bury your head in the sand you vacuous cow!!

Is it just me that would be more worried that a 16 year old is sitting in the lap of a 20 year old, and the people with her are drinking.. and all of them look like they are drunk?
    "My dixie wrecked, ... can ya help a brother out?"

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dying Breath View Post
    Is it just me that would be more worried that a 16 year old is sitting in the lap of a 20 year old, and the people with her are drinking.. and all of them look like they are drunk?
    Yes, just you! adopt the continental attitude!.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Shit I would. I would ride down Ventura Freeway on the roof of a Lamborghini with four flat tires naked on my knees with a Tom Chase dildo shoved halfway up my asshole while snorting a line of coke off of Robert Downey Jrs. hardon. In the wrong fucking lane for chrissy's sake!
    Give em what they want. Fuck Margaret Cho go mutter down a slide you D-list cunt.
    [IMG]http://www.*************.com/smilies/happy/happy0065.gif[/IMG]

lol. Lord love ya, Ich. I needed that this morning. [IMG]http://www.*************.com/smilies/happy/happy0144.gif[/IMG]

Barf, don't care about either one of these women.

People Magazine has to be pretty darn desperate to be trolling Margaret Cho's blog for stories.

Leave Miley alone! She's young and was having fun, I dont believe she's a racist. In these days and age, you got to watch your mouth or people will rip you apart. The photo isn't that bad. Maybe the real people who are racist should be dealt with rather then rip into Miley

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    Leave Miley alone! She's young and was having fun, I dont believe she's a racist. In these days and age, you got to watch your mouth or people will rip you apart. The photo isn't that bad. Maybe the real people who are racist should be dealt with rather then rip into Miley
    People should be ripped apart for doing things like this, whether they're "real racists" or not.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronVail View Post
    People should be ripped apart for doing things like this, whether they're "real racists" or not.

Yes, being racially tolerant and sensitive is the new superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    She made a face for god sakes. Asians have that eye shape. She was making faces with her friends. Until I see more proof of a racist attitude, Miley is off the hook. Margaret Cho is offensive. She took her people's pain and used it for a headline. "OOH! I can be offended! This Is Good!"

One can't fart without being called a racist.

Yes, being racially tolerant and sensitive is the new superiority.
    Im not racially tolerant (how great that you tolerate other races) Im open and accepting of pretty much everyone race isnt even a factor god forbid people play around and joke do you really think the little twat is a racist youve never made a stereotypical Asian face with your index fingers and the corner of your eyes in your life lighten up laughter is good for you taking offense at every percieved slight that has nothing to do with you in the first place isnt good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonRabbit View Post
    With all due respect because I don't know you at all, and this is not directed at you, but that's what people with racist issues say. They inevitably blurt something out - almost subconsciously - because it's been programmed deep into their brains, and then when people take offense, say "You can't say anything these days." because they really don't see the problem.

Miley Cyrus disparaged a whole group of people with her flippant decision. Is she a bad person? Probably not. Doesn't matter though.

Im not racially tolerant (how great that you tolerate other races) Im open and accepting of pretty much everyone race isnt even a factor god forbid people play around and joke do you really think the little twat is a racist youve never made a stereotypical Asian face with your index fingers and the corner of your eyes in your life lighten up laughter is good for you taking offense at every percieved slight that has nothing to do with you in the first place isnt good for you.

Oy.

Oy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKW7Nd_ScHU

With all due respect because I don't know you at all, and this is not directed at you, but that's what people with racist issues say. They inevitably blurt something out - almost subconsciously - because it's been programmed deep into their brains, and then when people take offense, say "You can't say anything these days." because they really don't see the problem.

Miley Cyrus disparaged a whole group of people with her flippant decision. Is she a bad person? Probably not. Doesn't matter though.
    When I was a child I made faces like the one Miley Cyrus did and No I did
    not mean anything racial with the faces I made.

But face it-even when one means nothing racial there is always
    a race baiter waiting to jump on you.
    I personally am sick of it.

Also to make this clear I AM NOT A RACIST.

Ya know....I figured this thread would sink to the bottom pretty quick....I was just bored when I posted it, cuz the same 4 threads get a little old after awhile.....Cho has never even gotten a giggle out of me, even at my most inerbriated, let alone now....D-List is being kind.....she`s as funny as syphllis on a rainy day, after you found out your husband gave it to you from fucking a skanky whore on 8th street....she truly bores me......zzzzzzz

TMZ is reporting that an unidentified Chinese put pee pee in her Coke.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post

lololol -I was sitting here wracking my brain trying to remember that ditty we used to sing as kids - lolol - you're readin' my mind today, Screw...
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    The only reason I watched the entire thing was because I was wondering who the middle aged lesbian white woman was in the house full of Armenians. Then I found out it was Bruce Jenner.

I have the giggles........* giggle *

Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    lololol -I was sitting here wracking my brain trying to remember that ditty we used to sing as kids - lolol - you're readin' my mind today, Screw...
    "Japanese, Chinese, dirty knees, look at these"

Quote Originally Posted by Fool Moon View Post

Hahaha! You guys are killing me! I remembered singing a song that required me to stick out my then non-existent boobage, but I couldn't remember the words to save my life!
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    The only reason I watched the entire thing was because I was wondering who the middle aged lesbian white woman was in the house full of Armenians. Then I found out it was Bruce Jenner.

Margaret is a grown woman who should not bother responding to the childish antics of Miley. Seriously it makes her look even more pubescent than Miley.

hehheh I remember saying that as a child.

Shit I would. I would ride down Ventura Freeway on the roof of a Lamborghini with four flat tires naked on my knees with a Tom Chase dildo shoved halfway up my asshole while snorting a line of coke off of Robert Downey Jrs. hardon. In the wrong fucking lane for chrissy's sake!
    Give em what they want. Fuck Margaret Cho go mutter down a slide you D-list cunt.
    She's not even D-list, that dumbasshat twat. She got some wild hair up her ass because Miley gets more attention for behaving like she's supposed a a juvenile - than Cho has in years. Cho needs to calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    That's a yummy visual.
    LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ihearttinytim View Post
    Someone should tell Margaret Cho that it takes one to know one. Miley's still a kid, and kids say stupid stuff. Get over it, Cho. Besides, isn't she a pot calling the kettle black? Doesn't she make fun of her own race during one of her standup acts? Pffft!

Ich, for some reason your avi reminds me of a morbid version of Jeff Dunham & Achmed (well, Achmed's sister...lol).
    Someone called?

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    HAAAAAAA....Twatwaffels are universal !!!!!!!
    Twatwaffles...lmao havent heard that in ages.

Doesn't bother me a bit.

Shes a fucking performer who mocked stereotypes of fags and Koreans to comedic advatange at the onset of her career. It's basically her schtick and the one trick pony that rockes her muttering cunt. She's halfheartedly using this as a publicity stunt knowing full well shes shes cutting her credibility short.
    Precisely. Cho has no room to talk. So why is she?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonRabbit View Post
    Damn, I've been farting all morning. Now I'm gonna have the racist police at my front door.

Ahahaha.

ROFLMGDAO!!! This thread gets funnier by the post. Thanks everyone.
    You call me a bitch like it's a bad thing...I may be a bitch, but I am NOT YOUR bitch...I'm not A bitch, I'm THE bitch...

She's said sorry a few times! Why can't people lay off her!? She said sorry but still ripped apart for it!

Miley is a child, plain and simple! And she was being a child. My sister said that she thinks that people keep forgetting that about her. I also think that this lawsuit will not happen.

There is a difference between being racist and simply racially insensitive. There are many people who genuinely hold no ill will to any other race that will occasionally use a phrase or something that is considered racist. It isn't a deep down programming that makes them hateful, many of them aren't. it's just a world full of stereotyping, and the remnants of a society that was less than tolerant.

My grandmother calls a certain nut "nigger toes", because that's what she was taught as a child. She also happens to be very close to her black daughter in law, and loves her to death.

My grandfather on the other side constantly said "lazier than a pet coon". For all the malice behind the statement, he mght as well have been talking about a racoon (which is what most of his grandchildren thought). Children still play cowboys and indians, and talk like orientals for fun. Not that many of them grow up racists. It just takes years to un do the damage, and weed out the not so flattering behavior and verbiage. People should be more careful, but other people should recognize it for what it is.

My point is that we're not always sensitive to what offends, but there are a lot of people being called racists that aren't. I object to the categorization that all those who make the claim that you can't do anything without being called a racist are racists. You can recognize that there's a difference without being degrading or judgmental. Until we're all painted blue and forced to speak like Darth Vader, we're going to be different.

My 'canadian' and 'white' idiosyncracies and traits are mocked constantly. Maybe I'll stand up and cry racist the next time some american says 'eh'. It's the same damn thing Cho is doing, and it's ridiculous.

There is a difference between being racist and simply racially insensitive. There are many people who genuinely hold no ill will to any other race that will occasionally use a phrase or something that is considered racist. It isn't a deep down programming that makes them hateful, many of them aren't. it's just a world full of stereotyping, and the remnants of a society that was less than tolerant.

My grandmother calls a certain nut "nigger toes", because that's what she was taught as a child. She also happens to be very close to her black daughter in law, and loves her to death.

My grandfather on the other side constantly said "lazier than a pet coon". For all the malice behind the statement, he mght as well have been talking about a racoon (which is what most of his grandchildren thought). Children still play cowboys and indians, and talk like orientals for fun. Not that many of them grow up racists. It just takes years to un do the damage, and weed out the not so flattering behavior and verbiage. People should be more careful, but other people should recognize it for what it is.

My point is that we're not always sensitive to what offends, but there are a lot of people being called racists that aren't. I object to the categorization that all those who make the claim that you can't do anything without being called a racist are racists. You can recognize that there's a difference without being degrading or judgmental. Until we're all painted blue and forced to speak like Darth Vader, we're going to be different.

My 'canadian' and 'white' idiosyncracies and traits are mocked constantly. Maybe I'll stand up and cry racist the next time some american says 'eh'. It's the same damn thing Cho is doing, and it's ridiculous.
    An American making light of our habit of saying 'eh' is nothing like what Miss Cyrus did. I mean, come on. And as far as what you have to deal with being white...are you kidding me? This eyeroll emoticon doesn't have sufficient roll to fully match how far my eyes are rolling back into my head. A black American president has just been elected and you're using the 'I'm white, maybe I should cry racist the next time blah blah..." routine? Please.

And as far as this goes: all those who make the claim that you can't do anything without being called a racist are racists, you have to look at what they're actually doing and why they want to do what they're doing in the first place. It's like my Bone To Pick... thread where a few people said their pet peeve involves people who start talking with "I'm not a homophobe, but...."

I totally understand what you're saying, but once you've been made aware that something you say out of an innocent and naive habit could be harmful, why would you keep saying it? 20 years ago, the term 'coloured' was used by a large group of people who used the exact same argument you just did. Slowly, they either died off or smartened up and now, it's completely unacceptable. It's time for everyone to smarten up.

The always sunny Tampa Bay area of Florida, USA baby!!
    All I have to say is..............I am fucking sick of Miley Cyrus and her wierd teeth, I wish she would just go away. She's about as talented as Britney Spears.

I'll shut up now and take my punishment.

Ozzy, my boy <3 You were my snuggle buddy and I will forever remember our movie nights and warm glasses of milk.....xoxo, rest in peace my sweet boy....

Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    All I have to say is..............I am fucking sick of Miley Cyrus and her wierd teeth, I wish she would just go away. She's about as talented as Britney Spears.

I'll shut up now and take my punishment.
    I don't know who would argue that although I've heard her latest album is pretty good for what it is.

An American making light of our habit of saying 'eh' is nothing like what Miss Cyrus did. I mean, come on. And as far as what you have to deal with being white...are you kidding me? This eyeroll emoticon doesn't have sufficient roll to fully match how far my eyes are rolling back into my head. A black American president has just been elected and you're using the 'I'm white, maybe I should cry racist the next time blah blah..." routine? Please.

And as far as this goes: all those who make the claim that you can't do anything without being called a racist are racists, you have to look at what they're actually doing and why they want to do what they're doing in the first place. It's like my Bone To Pick... thread where a few people said their pet peeve involves people who start talking with "I'm not a homophobe, but...."

I totally understand what you're saying, but once you've been made aware that something you say out of an innocent and naive habit could be harmful, why would you keep saying it? 20 years ago, the term 'coloured' was used by a large group of people who used the exact same argument you just did. Slowly, they either died off or smartened up and now, it's completely unacceptable. It's time for everyone to smarten up.

EXCUSE ME? I have never once whined about being discrimated against, because I've never been horribly treated. My point was how ridiculous Cho's position is, and if that's what you got out of that sentence, you weren't paying attention. And while we're on the topic, there'd be a lot less whining on the part of the people that do whine about being white if being same didn't automatically make you a racist. I'm not saying that's your attitude, but that's the attitude that we are facing ALOT. Antagonism or hatred of any kind for ANY people is racism, but funny... if it's against a white middle aged straight man, it must be his fault.

And as for smartening up, the same goes for whining about every perceived slight and using it for publicity, which is just what Miss Cho did. Miley Cyrus did less harm to the cause of tolerance and equality than Miss Cho is doing. She's only made an ass of herself, which will have a detrimental effect the next time there is a real racist slight against her people, or any one else.

I'm not condoning ANY of this behaviour, or attacking you personally, although if you insist on taking it that way, there's not much I can do. but my opinion still stands, insensitivity and racism are two very different things. Pick your battles a little more wisely, and you may eventually win the war.
    Last edited by radiojane; 02-13-2009 at 07:32 PM.

I love you and your opinion. 100%.

Thank you.

Let's just send in the storm troopers and eradicate the little racist bitch for proving that 15-year-olds are not now and never will be politically correct... How DARE she!

She's a kid. Kids do that stuff. I don't think it's a big deal, other than the fact that we're one small step closer to reporting daily to the thought police.
    First offense: severe reprimand. Second offense: "re-education." Third offense: eradication.

EXCUSE ME? I have never once whined about being discrimated against, because I've never been horribly treated. My point was how ridiculous Cho's position is, and if that's what you got out of that sentence, you weren't paying attention. And while we're on the topic, there'd be a lot less whining on the part of the people that do whine about being white if being same didn't automatically make you a racist. I'm not saying that's your attitude, but that's the attitude that we are facing ALOT. Antagonism or hatred of any kind for ANY people is racism, but funny... if it's against a white middle aged straight man, it must be his fault.

And as for smartening up, the same goes for whining about every perceived slight and using it for publicity, which is just what Miss Cho did. Miley Cyrus did less harm to the cause of tolerance and equality than Miss Cho is doing. She's only made an ass of herself, which will have a detrimental effect the next time there is a real racist slight against her people, or any one else.

I'm not condoning ANY of this behaviour, or attacking you personally, although if you insist on taking it that way, there's not much I can do. but my opinion still stands, insensitivity and racism are two very different things. Pick your battles a little more wisely, and you may eventually win the war.
    I love you and your opinion. 100%.
    Me too

It's completely different. Why do you all keep bringing up these tired, old, useless comparisons? When we do it to them, there's years of intolerance, stereotypes and hurt behind the action.

There was a similar incident involving the Spanish basketball team at the Olympics this past summer. I'll let an Asian American try and make it clear to you guys why it's not just a matter of "lighten up" or people being overly sensitive.

We’ve seen it before. A public figure makes some kind of racist comment or does something that’s racially offensive. There’s a huge uproar about it. The person at first tries to defend himself but ends up apologizing profusely. Sometimes that person pays a price by either losing their job or resigning. Remember Don Imus and his “Nappy Headed Ho’s” comment? Or Michael Richards (”Kramer” from Seinfeld) and his racist rant during a stand up comedy routine? There’s also Mel Gibson and his drunken anti-semitic tirade.

Occasionally, Asians are the object of the racist attack. Some examples include Rosie O’Donnell’s ching-chong comments and Abercrombie & Fitch’s racist hiring and marketing practices.

The difference with Asians is that when we’re the object of derision, there seems to be less visibility in regards to the issue and less of a concerted response by the Asian community. No one apologizes and certainly no one’s head rolls.

This is what seems to have happened in regards to the latest controversy regarding the Spanish Olympic Men’s Basketball team and their offensive mockery of Asians.

Compared to incidences that involve other communities, the story got relatively less coverage. Just one Asian organization spoke out against it and the Spanish team was left pretty much unscathed from the incident.
    Why is it that when it comes to public displays of racism against Asians, there is so much less controversy?

For one, it seems like many of the racist incidents that involve Asians seem a lot less explosive than when they happen to Black folks. “Nappy Headed Ho’s” is obviously super offensive. I can’t think of an equivalently harsh public incident involving Asians. Is this reflective of the harsher racism our Black brothers and sisters face generally and historically?

A lot of times the racist incident against Asians is more ambiguous. In the particular case of the Spanish Olympic team ad, it seems somewhat offensive but I’m not exactly sure how offensive it is. The players are trying to mimic slanted Asian eyes but if you look carefully at the picture, they don’t seem to be doing that great of a job. To me, it looks like they’re just pointing their index fingers towards their temples as if to say, “Look at my dumb round eyes.”

The response by the Spanish team, that they meant no malice and in fact, meant to express affection for the Chinese, reflects an ignorance separate from American PC culture. From the picture, it doesn’t seem like they’re expressing malice- but expressing affection? Huh? I’m trying to fathom how that could be the case.

Maybe Asian Americans have just done a lousy job of portraying these kinds of incidents as being racist. Again, this Spanish ad case is telling. It took a largely non-Asian, international media to raise this issue. And no Asian media or other organization is doing much to keep the issue alive.

It seems the Asian community apparatus for dealing with such incidents is quite underdeveloped. It’s telling that we don’t have an equivalent Asian Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson who vociferously condemns this kind of racial insensitivity.

Are Asians just less angry about this stuff or are we more in denial about this stuff? Except for a few bloggers on the internet (e.g., Angry Asian Man), a lot of us appear as if we don’t care. At the least, we’re just so silent. I hate to say this, but are we possibly being passive, in a stereotypically Asian way?

Maybe it’s a good thing we don’t get as riled up about these things. Maybe we’re too busy studying or making money to get bothered by stupid racist stuff. Maybe that’s a good strategy in the long run. Get powerful and people won’t mess with you in these ways or better yet, it won’t even bug you.

Still, the Spanish ad seems to have stoked memories of racist schoolyard taunts that a lot of us Asian Americans had hoped were long gone. My perusal of the Asian American blogosphere shows a relatively solid consensus that the ad was fucked up. Some are pissed that yet again there’s no really organized and forceful response by the Asian community. Ernie on 8Asians.com calls the response by the Organization of Chinese Americans (OCA) passive.

It’s also interesting to note the difference in reaction between the Chinese themselves and Asian Americans. The Chinese seemed to shrug it off. Asians who grew up in Asia have virtually no concept of what it’s like to be teased as a child for being Asian. That’s a phenomenon Asian Americans experience.

Overall, I think it’s terrible that the Spanish Men’s Basketball team made the ad. It was dumb and unnecessary. I’m glad the issue got some attention though and I hope the Spanish team (and the rest of the world) learned something out of it.

Do I want to see heads roll? Probably not. But to the Spanish Men’s Olympic Basketball team, I say, “Don’t even think about doing this again.”

Yeah, and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, Don Imus, Rosie O'Donnell etc are nothing more than fame/attention seeking whores that can't stand to be out of the spotlight for any length of time. If there isn't some controversy going on, they will start one/make one up. Miley was simply being a kid. Was it wrong? Yes, especially since she is a public figure, and she had to know that picture would get plastered all over the place. Remember her controversial pictures?

On a personal note, I find being politically correct a pain in the ass. People are far tooo sensitive. If I say "gringo" am I going to be called a racist or get a mark for it? I'm going to guess probably yes, yet why should I when someone else here has used that very same word and didn't get heat for it? I don't get all uppity or upset or my knickers in a twist/knot when someone says "c*****r." Simply because I'm thinking food, NOT someone trying to slam me for being caucasian.

So, lighten up, If you don't like it, don't read it, don't engage in it. There are far bigger things in life to worry about than some tweenster doing this. It's not our jobs to be the political correctness police. We are way over-policed anyways. Worry about the fires in Australia, the people losing their homes in the US through no fault of their own, losing jobs, etc. Now THOSE are some things to definitely worry about.
    Last edited by sheri; 02-14-2009 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Lord knows someone's gonna ?
    You call me a bitch like it's a bad thing...I may be a bitch, but I am NOT YOUR bitch...I'm not A bitch, I'm THE bitch...

Quote Originally Posted by sheri View Post
    Yeah, and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, Don Imus, Rosie O'Donnell etc are nothing more than fame/attention seeking whores that can't stand to be out of the spotlight for any length of time. If there isn't some controversy going on, they will start one/make one up. Miley was simply being a kid. Was it wrong? Yes, especially since she is a public figure, and she had to know that picture would get plastered all over the place. Remember her controversial pictures?

On a personal note, I find being politically correct a pain in the ass. People are far tooo sensitive. If I say "gringo" am I going to be called a racist or get a mark for it? I'm going to guess probably yes, yet why should I when someone else here has used that very same word and didn't get heat for it? I don't get all uppity or upset or my knickers in a twist/knot when someone says "c*****r." Simply because I'm thinking food, NOT someone trying to slam me for being caucasian.

So, lighten up, If you don't like it, don't read it, don't engage in it. There are far bigger things in life to worry about than some tweenster doing this. It's not our jobs to be the political correctness police. We are way over-policed anyways. Worry about the fires in Australia, the people losing their homes in the US through no fault of their own, losing jobs, etc. Now THOSE are some things to definitely worry about.
    What does the character of any of those people have to do with this issue? I think the gist of this thread was the question, "Is it wrong?" to which you replied in the affirmative. So, why the long thread defending people using derogatory terms or actions?

As far as you getting heat for using a term like "gringo", so what if someone else doesn't get the same. What's your point? Are you 12? "Mommy, why am I being punished when Billy did the exact same thing!?" Or are you upset that you can't use it? Why would you use it?

Let's dispense with the term 'politically correct' and all it has come to mean so we can get down to the heart of this issue. It's no great feat to not use words or perform actions people find offensive and if it is, then you have some problems. I don't use these words. I don't find it to be a pain in the ass. They just aren't in my vocabulary.

It's not a matter of 'lighten up.' People who say 'lighten up' are the ones who don't want to deal with the issue. You accuse the people bringing up a point of being too serious or whatever, and that's ridiculous. Yes, there are far worse things, but so what? What does that have to do with anything? I see people on here yammering on about broken bones and other trivial matters.

And I ain't worried about Miley Cyrus. People aren't jumping out of buildings over this and the world will not end. Things like this shouldn't go ignored however. I don't know how you can argue against that. And that's all that's being talked about here really.
    Last edited by AaronVail; 02-14-2009 at 07:22 AM.

I'm still trying to figure out how the word "tolerance" in relation to racial discussions isn't racist.

I always thought that when you "tolerated" something, it was because it was invariably annoying. Tolerate used to mean, "put up with". I wonder if those people who keep preaching like they're somehow superior remember that.
    "Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like."

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBabe View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how the word "tolerance" in relation to racial discussions isn't racist.

I always thought that when you "tolerated" something, it was because it was invariably annoying. Tolerate used to mean, "put up with". I wonder if those people who keep preaching like they're somehow superior remember that.
    You've got a point. Not the best word.

Margaret Cho is a nasty piece of work. She once dated Chris Isaak and he dumped her when she made disparaging remarks about his 'member' ( ok, ok..his winky )during one of her stand up routines. It's really interesting that she has been able to make a career for herself out of not being funny or entertaining.....as someone already put it...a D-list twat...so really, maybe she thought she was going to get some spotlight by riding in on Miley's coat tails?? I am banned from saying anything negative about Miss Miley b'cause my 7 y.o. loves Hannah Montana...

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBabe View Post

I'm still trying to figure out why you're such a smarmy, troublemaking ass. That's one of its meanings. I wonder if the person who keeps bringing it up in some juvenile attempt to belittle someone's point, understands that.

Tolerance is the appreciation of diversity and the ability to live and let others live. It is the ability to exercise a fair and objective attitude towards those whose opinions, practices, religion, nationality and so on differ from one's own.[1] As William Ury notes, "tolerance is not just agreeing with one another or remaining indifferent in the face of injustice, but rather showing respect for the essential humanity in every person."[2]
    If you now understand that this is what I meant by tolerance/tolerate, will you pipe down?

Does Margret Cho make a living off of making fun of people and situations?? Double edged sword???

I think Miley was just making a goofy face. Who of us have never pulled at the corners of our eyes and pushed up our noses making snorting sounds?? Who? Anyone? Anyone?? LOLOLOLOL

Cupcake

A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    Who of us have never pulled at the corners of our eyes and pushed up our noses making snorting sounds?? Who? Anyone? Anyone??
    AaronVail

When I was a kid, I did. It was wrong. What's your point?