Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Miley Cyrus

The always sunny Tampa Bay area of Florida, USA baby!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronVail View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why you're such a smarmy, troublemaking ass. That's one of its meanings. I wonder if the person who keeps bringing it up in some juvenile attempt to belittle someone's point, understands that.

If you now understand that this is what I meant by tolerance/tolerate, will you pipe down?

That was unnecessary. We don't speak to each other like that on this forum. That is was PM's are for.

Ozzy, my boy <3 You were my snuggle buddy and I will forever remember our movie nights and warm glasses of milk.....xoxo, rest in peace my sweet boy....

The point is , MIley is a kid too.

I'm still trying to figure out why you're such a smarmy, troublemaking ass. That's one of its meanings. I wonder if the person who keeps bringing it up in some juvenile attempt to belittle someone's point, understands that.

If you now understand that this is what I meant by tolerance/tolerate, will you pipe down?

Someone feeling a tad defensive today?

No one was talking to you. Grow up.
    "Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like."

New to this thread. . . hmmmm. My friend that is Japanese on occassion calls me 'round eyes.' She says it in fun and I am certainly not offended. I would never think to pull the corner of my eyes to mimic her features. I guess it reminds me of a lot of dumb stereotypical ways Asians have been portrayed. Time has change a lot of things. Mickey Rooney's character in Breakfast at Tiffany's would certainly be a little more than cringe worthy today. And though views have evolved, there are many still alive that were in internment camps.

I guess I find what she did was in bad taste. I certainly wouldn't think much of someone if they pulled that crap at a party. I don't know her so I have no idea if she is a racist. Perhaps a little immature. I think Margaret Cho missed an opportunity. She could have made light of it in away that was informative and not as devisive.
    Last edited by michael d; 02-14-2009 at 02:31 PM.

What does the character of any of those people have to do with this issue? I think the gist of this thread was the question, "Is it wrong?" to which you replied in the affirmative. So, why the long thread defending people using derogatory terms or actions?

As far as you getting heat for using a term like "gringo", so what if someone else doesn't get the same. What's your point? Are you 12? "Mommy, why am I being punished when Billy did the exact same thing!?" Or are you upset that you can't use it? Why would you use it?

Let's dispense with the term 'politically correct' and all it has come to mean so we can get down to the heart of this issue. It's no great feat to not use words or perform actions people find offensive and if it is, then you have some problems. I don't use these words. I don't find it to be a pain in the ass. They just aren't in my vocabulary.

It's not a matter of 'lighten up.' People who say 'lighten up' are the ones who don't want to deal with the issue. You accuse the people bringing up a point of being too serious or whatever, and that's ridiculous. Yes, there are far worse things, but so what? What does that have to do with anything? I see people on here yammering on about broken bones and other trivial matters.

And I ain't worried about Miley Cyrus. People aren't jumping out of buildings over this and the world will not end. Things like this shouldn't go ignored however. I don't know how you can argue against that. And that's all that's being talked about here really.
    Excuse you?!?!?!? Since when did you become the FAD police? It's not your job to be policing anyone other than yourself. You sit there and say it's time for people to "smarten up" yet seem to take everyone to task for saying "lighten up." Perhaps you should take your own advice to heart, and do some of both yourself.

Yes, I did say that what Miley did was wrong, and AT THE SAME TIME, it is also wrong for Ms. Cho to take anyone else - Miley or otherwise - to task for doing similar to what and how Ms. Cho makes a living at doing. Its like someone said up post - Ms. Cho doing what she did is the pot calling the kettle black.

If Ms. Cho doesn't like it, then she seriously needs to completely totally revamp her lack of an act. There are many more things out there that one can find humor in besides what she uses for her 'material.' Ms. Cho is nothing more than D-list twatwaffle wannabe trying to stay in the spotlight. She's not even relevant.

And don't try to take me to task again. I won't put up with it. As far what my age is, that's none of your business either. I'm not the first person on here that you are doing this to, and I know I won't be the last. And I know I'm not the first person that has and/or will respond - one time and one time only. And I won't be the first or last person to tell you to grow up and stop being so defensive. Who pissed in your Wheaties???
    You call me a bitch like it's a bad thing...I may be a bitch, but I am NOT YOUR bitch...I'm not A bitch, I'm THE bitch...

It seems like a lot of those on this forum, myself included, are tired of this Politically Correct hogwash that is so much part of our modern society.
    It's ridiculous and at times it gets out of hand.
    I don't like being guilted or pressued into thinking or feeling a certain way.

Hey guys just a reminder...

Please don't quote posts that offend you. Here's a dandy post from our admin Nick, which explains why that's not the way to go here:

Nick
    Administrator

I'm probably going to end up posting a forum-wide announcement about this and incorporating it into the rules, but please listen:

Quoting a comment that you think is totally out of line or offensive only gives legs to that comment. It doesn't matter if you quote it to say, "Shame on you," or whatever. What you are doing is taking the comment and doubling the number of places it is written. Then someone else sees it and quotes it and now you have the offending comment in three times as many places as it was originally. And so on.

And the more something is repeated, the more it sinks in. So if someone writes, "All Greek men are slimy criminals," and you are a Greek man that takes offense, almost all you are accomplishing by quoting the remark is legitimizing it. And the more ridiculous the original comment, the less helpful it is to quote it.

If someone says an individual deserved a disease and you quote him, to me, as an administrator, you are lending some level of support to his view because you are repeating it and reinforcing it in the minds of readers that otherwise would have just skipped past it or who had a hard enough time reading it in the first place and would rather not see it dredged up again.

Do not quote posts that break forum rules.

Life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    It seems like a lot of those on this forum, myself included, are tired of this Politically Correct hogwash that is so much part of our modern society.
    It's ridiculous and at times it gets out of hand.
    I don't like being guilted or pressued into thinking or feeling a certain way.
    I agree 100% and then some. Which was why I stated earlier that this whole 'politically correct' this is a pain in the ass. I'm going to feel how I want, what I want, when I want...NOT when society deems it appropriate or correct. There's many things I don't agree with society doing, this is one of them. I know what happened to recognizing individuality in today's society - it got tossed out the window in a handbasket because people became too friggin sensitive and defensive. Sheesh.
    You call me a bitch like it's a bad thing...I may be a bitch, but I am NOT YOUR bitch...I'm not A bitch, I'm THE bitch...

I agree with what ALMOST everyone on here has stated: Miley's a bloody teenager, a YOUNG one at that, and kids do stupid things. For the poster that keeps being so 'fired up' with their posts... chill out. This thread was talking about Miley and Cho.. not you and your idea of how the world should be. We ALL have done stupid things as children. Just try growing up in the South your whole life! You cannot begin to imagine what goes on down here if it's not part of your life. Even if you're not taught it, you hear it on an almost daily basis. This is my example:

My best friend in high school was gay, and black, and I thought he was one of the coolest people in the whole world. He used to call me cracka all the time, and I'd call him fruit, we'd both laugh and he'd always say 'don't forget the loop'

I'd never teach my three boys to talk about someone because of their race, but at the same time they'll have to figure out when it's acceptable, like in the friendships that we had. Everyone here has had a friend or relative they loved that had a nickname used to pester and annoy and get laughs with from all sides. This world is full of prigs who have nothing better to do but cry wolf when there's a kitten in the house, so all that means is the rest of us will just have to take better care of when and where we say and do things. And those same prigs need to take a chill pill right up the ass.... which shouldn't be too hard for Cho considering her ass is visible from Rio.

RadioJane I love everything you said **hag hugs** keep it up girl

"I'm dumbfounded by me all the time. Wow! What a. . . thrill. . .and a joy."
    RIP Layne Staley

Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    All I have to say is..............I am fucking sick of Miley Cyrus and her wierd teeth, I wish she would just go away. She's about as talented as Britney Spears.

I'll shut up now and take my punishment.

She shouts all the time and is very obnoxious! I Dont get the fame or popularity she has at all thankfully!

Children and Teenagers can be shown right and wrong, taught respect and evolve beautifully,They dont figure it all out by themselves!

Mileys just a total brat ! She isnt very smart either !Im Australian we cant stand loudmouthed brats like this! LOL! Truly

Dads not doing much of a job is he too busy trying to write another hit like "Achy Breaky Heart"?

Oh IMOP
    Last edited by cherryghost; 02-14-2009 at 05:18 PM.

I agree she is certainly annoying, but thankfully I'm way too old for her set

"I'm dumbfounded by me all the time. Wow! What a. . . thrill. . .and a joy."
    RIP Layne Staley

Quote Originally Posted by sheri View Post
    I'm going to feel how I want, what I want, when I want...NOT when society deems it appropriate or correct.
    Amen! I refuse to apologize for my sense of humor. Laughing is an involuntary reaction. Just like sneezing, blinking or muscle cramps.

We can't be shamed for what makes us laugh.

And suppressed laughter is the best. (i.e. finding humor at a funeral, religious event or social situation)

We can no more stifle a laugh than we can a sneeze.

I've been lectured for laughing at jokes where any group was victimized, the subject was a sex or shit/fart joke.

I've known people who tried to convince me that The Three Stooges, Mel Brooks, Howard Stern, Amos & Andy, Richard Pryor, Rip Taylor, Moms Mabley, Soupy Sales, Sam Kinison, Firesign Theater, Frank Zappa, Bill Hicks, Redd Fox, George Carlin, Monty Python, The Kids in the Hall, The Young Ones, Absolutely Fabulous, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Duckman, South Park, Adult Swim, Beavis & Butthead, Ren & Stimpy, Airplane or Lisa Lampanelli aren't funny for various politically correct reasons.

I ain't buying it. They make me laugh. Therefore, they're funny to me.

Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by ihearttinytim View Post
    Someone should tell Margaret Cho that it takes one to know one. Miley's still a kid, and kids say stupid stuff. Get over it, Cho. Besides, isn't she a pot calling the kettle black? Doesn't she make fun of her own race during one of her standup acts? Pffft!

Ich, for some reason your avi reminds me of a morbid version of Jeff Dunham & Achmed (well, Achmed's sister...lol).
    Yes Cho's really bad humor is almost 90% asian jokes. This crap sickens me! Ok we know your asian but why are you the only one who can make fun of your race? I dont understand why is right for one wrong for the other. Black comics do the same thing and I cant tell you how many times Ive heard the black comic do the dorky white guy voice, but thats ok? Stupid white guilt!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool Moon View Post
    Amen! I refuse to apologize for my sense of humor. Laughing is an involuntary reaction. Just like sneezing, blinking or muscle cramps.

We can't be shamed for what makes us laugh.

And suppressed laughter is the best. (i.e. finding humor at a funeral, religious event or social situation)

We can no more stifle a laugh than we can a sneeze.

I've been lectured for laughing at jokes where any group was victimized, the subject was a sex or shit/fart joke.

I've known people who tried to convince me that The Three Stooges, Mel Brooks, Howard Stern, Amos & Andy, Richard Pryor, Rip Taylor, Moms Mabley, Soupy Sales, Sam Kinison, Firesign Theater, Frank Zappa, Bill Hicks, Redd Fox, George Carlin, Monty Python, The Kids in the Hall, The Young Ones, Absolutely Fabulous, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Duckman, South Park, Adult Swim, Beavis & Butthead, Ren & Stimpy, Airplane or Lisa Lampanelli aren't funny for various politically correct reasons.

I ain't buying it. They make me laugh. Therefore, they're funny to me.

Case closed.
    Amen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Yes Cho's really bad humor is almost 90% asian jokes. This crap sickens me! Ok we know your asian but why are you the only one who can make fun of your race? I dont understand why is right for one wrong for the other. Black comics do the same thing and I cant tell you how many times Ive heard the black comic do the dorky white guy voice, but thats ok? Stupid white guilt!
    Shouldn't the White Guilt thing gone out with Maude?

I've always thought that comedians who used their ethnicity as a joke and then whined like a child when someone else did were the worst sort of hypocrites.

I'm not a big fan of Miley Cyrus, but I feel bad for her. She was being a little girl.
    This world is full of prigs who have nothing better to do but cry wolf when there's a kitten in the house
    This may be the most perfect thing I've heard all day. At some point, you have to stop treating every little thing like an artillary attack and live your life.

Thanks for the hag support guys. Good to know we're mostly on the same page
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    She made a face for god sakes. Asians have that eye shape. She was making faces with her friends. Until I see more proof of a racist attitude, Miley is off the hook. Margaret Cho is offensive. She took her people's pain and used it for a headline. "OOH! I can be offended! This Is Good!"
    Miley is still a kid....still growing up. Cho has done way worse along the way. Sounds like Cho is looking for publicity....in all the wrong places.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage_Vixen View Post
    Margaret Cho is a nasty piece of work. She once dated Chris Isaak and he dumped her when she made disparaging remarks about his 'member' ( ok, ok..his winky )during one of her stand up routines. It's really interesting that she has been able to make a career for herself out of not being funny or entertaining.....as someone already put it...a D-list twat...so really, maybe she thought she was going to get some spotlight by riding in on Miley's coat tails?? I am banned from saying anything negative about Miss Miley b'cause my 7 y.o. loves Hannah Montana...

No. No. Noooooooo. Chris Isaak is cool.

Meh...she's a kid. I did it when I was a kid as well. Did that make me racially insensitive?? I don't think so..
    And I didn't grow up into a racist either....for pete's sake, my child's father is Japanese...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6XSEmv7cQs

Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?

Quote Originally Posted by secretsquirrel13 View Post
    Meh...she's a kid. I did it when I was a kid as well. Did that make me racially insensitive?? I don't think so..
    And I didn't grow up into a racist either....for pete's sake, my child's father is Japanese...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6XSEmv7cQs
    Secret, you just made me laugh my head off!

My daughter used to pull her eyes like that and say she was being French. Now, I guess I've offended another group of people.

I like Margaret, but I seem to remember VERY drunk Margaret Cho French kissing a VERY drunk Anna Nichole Smith on Anna's reality show while Kathy Griffin kept warning them that the camera's were on them. Margaret and Anna BOTH had lipstick smeared ALL OVER their faces.
    Also Margaret makes fun of Asians in her comedy act, so I don't see what she's bitching about!

Angry Miley Cyrus

Seriously, I did do a search and nothing came up, she's just mentioned in various threads, but surprisingly doesn't have her own thread:

This girl gives me the creeps, seriously! She just makes me shudder uncontrollably until all my hair falls out, LOL. Has a man voice and she shouldn't be famous either, I don't what's so "great" about her...ANNNDDD she's damn ugly to boot!

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

My kids like her, but I wish she would get knocked up and have to leave her cutesy little show.

I know almost nothing about her and I want to keep it that way.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDeath View Post
    Seriously, I did do a search and nothing came up, she's just mentioned in various threads, but surprisingly doesn't have her own thread:

This girl gives me the creeps, seriously! She just makes me shudder uncontrollably until all my hair falls out, LOL. Has a man voice and she shouldn't be famous either, I don't what's so "great" about her...ANNNDDD she's damn ugly to boot!
    DD,you are not alone I feel the same way about this talentless over rated little trap. I just don't get everyones fascination with her?!...

btw... I also think shes FAT.

I actually like her lol.
    I think she is talented, she has some good songs
    and i think she is pretty, but then again we all have different opinions and we all see things differently
    Bubbles in an envelope

I know a lot of little girls look up to her and some teenage boys too.
    I don't like her, there is just something about her that I don't care for.

We have to babysit my husband's grandson 2 days a week and this kid loves Miley. I have to sit through 3 shows that I recorded on the dvr for him. Most of the time I have my headphones in and listen to my music on the computer. I cannot take too much of that show.

With that being said, if I were a 13 year old girl, I would probably watch her show and like her.

I like her,and I enjoy watching Hannah Montana,though I sure wouldn't if hottie Billy Ray wasn't on there.

Is it just me, or do the networks/music execs make it a point to promote talentless kids anymore, just looking to have the next hottest "rising young star?!"
    I'm not a fan of Taylor Swift--her range is limited, and I can't stand listening to her yet while my radio was on "scan" this morning, she was on no less than 5 separate stations at the same time.
    We've got the Jonas Brothers, whom have yet to impress me and their singing is mediocre at best.
    Ditto for Miley Cyrus.
    Seems to me that everyone is looking for the next Charlotte Church or Leanne Rimes with one big difference--those girls had talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Girl View Post
    Is it just me, or do the networks/music execs make it a point to promote talentless kids anymore, just looking to have the next hottest "rising young star?!"
    I'm not a fan of Taylor Swift--her range is limited, and I can't stand listening to her yet while my radio was on "scan" this morning, she was on no less than 5 separate stations at the same time.
    We've got the Jonas Brothers, whom have yet to impress me and their singing is mediocre at best.
    Ditto for Miley Cyrus.
    Seems to me that everyone is looking for the next Charlotte Church or Leanne Rimes with one big difference--those girls had talent.
    I cannot stand Taylor Swift. I hated Leanne Rimes back in the day,but she did and still does have talent.

Quote Originally Posted by **Jenna** View Post
    I cannot stand Taylor Swift. I hated Leanne Rimes back in the day,but she did and still does have talent.
    It seems to me that Taylor Swift is literally being shoved down our throats.
    Go into Wal Mart, and check out how many life sized cardboard things they have of her.
    Her CD racks are fully stacked and the first you will see as you approach the music counter.
    As I stated before, she was on and usually is 3-5 stations at one time as my radio does its scan.
    Countless radio promos tell me the network execs have spent millions to market her, and are reaping the rewards--but it has truly made me take a step back and watch as she is being shoved down our throats.

It seems to me that Taylor Swift is literally being shoved down our throats.
    Go into Wal Mart, and check out how many life sized cardboard things they have of her.
    Her CD racks are fully stacked and the first you will see as you approach the music counter.
    As I stated before, she was on and usually is 3-5 stations at one time as my radio does its scan.
    Countless radio promos tell me the network execs have spent millions to market her, and are reaping the rewards--but it has truly made me take a step back and watch as she is being shoved down our throats.
    I can't even right now think of any of her songs but she was on some George Strait tribute thing a few months back and can't remember now which song of his she sang that I didn't really mind her voice,but that's about it. Another annoying chick is Julianne Hough or whatever her name is.

I only liked Julianne Hough on Dancing With The Stars...when she was dancing with Helio.

She should just STICK to DANCING!!!

Missing you forever...

Is it too late to mention that I like Miley - and Julianna, especially her "Hallelujah Song"? I love Miley's song, "The Climb". It's so very powerful and inspirational. I just hate the fact that her Dad is trying to ride her coat-tails. But, I abso-frigging-lutely cannot stand Taylor Swift *gag me with a spoon*....that girl cannot carry a tune! I'm sure ( for all you musicians/singers that are familiar with it) that ProTools gets used a lot in her shows.

*waits for objects to be thrown in my direction*
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 08-13-2009 at 08:50 PM.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    Is it too late to mention that I like Miley - and Julianna, especially her "Hallelujah Song"? I love Miley's song, "The Climb". It's so very powerful and inspirational. I just hate the fact that her Dad is trying to ride her coat-tails. But, I abso-frigging-lutely cannot stand Taylor Swift *gag me with a spoon*....that girl cannot carry a tune! I'm sure ( for all you musicians/singers that are familiar with it) that ProTools gets used a lot in her shows.

*waits for objects to be thrown in my direction*
    I agree, Tony--I would say that a lot of help is used in her shows! She seems to have absolutely no range whatsoever--I told my honey that on some of her songs, it sounds as though she is singing in a monotone.
    How's the weather where you are? It's coming up on the time that I need to go take a trip back to Robbinsville!

That girl gives me the creeps. Especially her recent...*shiver*...pole dancing at the Teen's Choice Awards.
    Didn't know that was a thing...

Miley is set for the rest of her life financially.
    What is she about 16?

I am jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonRabbit View Post
    Miley is set for the rest of her life financially.
    What is she about 16?
    Yes, she is 16!

Quote Originally Posted by Kugmu View Post
    Yes, she is 16!
    I know there are some people who think that Miley's "pole dancing" is relatively harmless, but...this is a little too much.
    Didn't know that was a thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouya Ohtori Ouran Host View Post
    I know there are some people who think that Miley's "pole dancing" is relatively harmless, but...this is a little too much.
    It would be better if she had some shiny knee boots.

Does anyone find this product a little..ironic?

Does anyone find this product a little..ironic?
    I bet she doesn't have one.

Yes, she is 16!
    Not only is she 16, she considers herself very religious and claims to read the bible all the time.

I wonder if Jesus is diggin' her ridin' the pole.

Heh heh I said pole.

That girl gives me the creeps. Especially her recent...*shiver*...pole dancing at the Teen's Choice Awards.
    She is just REALLY creepy, I don't know what it is about her, but I just REALLY don't like her.

And DITTO about the Teen Choice Awards...YUCK! I didn't watch it, cuz I don't give a damn.

Missing you forever...

Yes, she is 16!
    The New and UNapproved Britney Spears has arrived...hopefully she'll ruin her career SOONER rather than LATER!

Missing you forever...

She's just dying to acknowledge to the world what most have suspected:
    that being, deepdown she's a $ 25. blow job girl.........
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    She's just dying to acknowledge to the world what most have suspected:
    that being, deepdown she's a $ 25. blow job girl.........
    If if weren't for her famous father and his connections, she would be giving $10 blow jobs, $25 is being way to generous

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDeath View Post
    I only liked Julianne Hough on Dancing With The Stars...when she was dancing with Helio.

She should just STICK to DANCING!!!
    I agree.