Thread: Detroit can't afford to bury its dead

Unhappy Detroit can't afford to bury its dead

How sad.

I remember a story a while back about a funeral director who didn't get paid and deposited the body on the son'd doorstep. I hope they pulled his license.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    How sad.

I remember a story a while back about a funeral director who didn't get paid and deposited the body on the son'd doorstep. I hope they pulled his license.

I mean no disrespect, but the first thing I thought of when I read this was Clark Griswald pinning a note to Aunt Edna's lapel and leaving her on the doorstep in Tuscon.
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    The only reason I watched the entire thing was because I was wondering who the middle aged lesbian white woman was in the house full of Armenians. Then I found out it was Bruce Jenner.

Well they are dead so I dont think they care where they are laid to rest. Weather it be in a mausoleum or front door step. I recently buried my grandmother. She went sunny side up in a little hole. It was nice and pleasant

My poor great aunt Gloria, my grandmother's sister, died of an aneurysm in 1975, she was temporarily put in a mausoleum until the part of the cemetery where her plot was readied for occupants. Several months past and delays happened (to this day I don't know why) so my cousin requested her mother be interred near our family plot in the same cemetery. When they opened her vault my cousin screamed, "that's not my mom's coffin" and the cemetery staff assured her that it was her mom. My cousin demanded it open and the cemetery personnel had to get the funeral director to come over to open the casket. It wasn't my aunt! It was a man and my aunt was buried under his name in another grave in the cemetery! So my aunt had to be dug up and put in her third and final plot. Pretty creepy, folks and it happened. My grandmother, great uncle and cousin sued the cemetery and won a settlement, I think about $25,000. My grandmother said they split the reward and each got about $5,000 after the lawyer was paid.
    Last edited by crazedfemale; 10-01-2009 at 07:42 PM.
    In memory of a wonderful actor who left us way too soon - William Holden 1918-1981.

Going to get a bit smelly.

Detroit: Third World disfunction at First World prices.

That City has seen way too much sadness.
    Only hope something positive can help turn
    them around.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Soon they'll need a bigger freezer.
    Are you a badfish too?

Here's a solution.