Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111819202122 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1155

Thread: Layne Staley 2

  1. #951
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    hades.
    Posts
    168
    Today I learned that my rotting out teeth will give me a lisp at some point before I die. Intredasting.
    But most like chaos, stopless, cool,
    Without a chance, or spar,
    Or even a report of land
    To justify despair.
    -Emily Dickinson

  2. #952
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1
    Sorry but I need to correct you. I counted all which I could find including the writer of the lyrics...and they are even. Layne wrote 9 lyrics of "Tripod",7 of "Dirt", 5 of "Facelift", 1 of Sap, 4 of "Jar of flies". Social Parasite is written by Layne as well. So! ;D

  3. #953
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11
    I am a huge Layne Staley fan, I finally just joined here after reading, and I found a pic of Layne, one of the real last photos with him looking way small and his teeth rotting and his arm seemed to be around two other men, he is in a black hat and big jacket, PLEASE, someone put the link up for me, I am desparate to find it asap, love all you AIC and Layne fans, just need some help with that tonight, thanks.

  4. #954
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11
    hi ramona! I am new to this lovely forum, and found a pic of of Layne with two guys on each side of him when he was respectively deteriorating loosing his great smile and all and had loose clothes on, can you please lead me to that photo, thanks, and AIC AND LAYNE 4EVER!

  5. #955
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hicktown
    Posts
    696
    You should be able to google "Layne Staley's last pics" and it should come up.

  6. #956
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11
    thankyou basset, i found it tonight, devestating, but all smiles, he always had a way to conquer the disease and pull a smile out of it!

  7. #957
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6
    Has anyone seen latest photos on grungereport.com

  8. #958
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbhc View Post
    Has anyone seen latest photos on grungereport.com
    It's .net, it's the first ever photo of Layne post 1997 http://grungereport.net/?p=10483

  9. #959
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hicktown
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by Layne To Rest View Post
    thankyou basset, i found it tonight, devestating, but all smiles, he always had a way to conquer the disease and pull a smile out of it!
    You're quite welcome. Yes, I always remember him as the strong, tall, absolutely gorgeous man that he was.

  10. #960
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hicktown
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneTempleBrett View Post
    It's .net, it's the first ever photo of Layne post 1997 http://grungereport.net/?p=10483
    Thanks for posting.

  11. #961
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6
    Sorry about that

  12. #962
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thoughts?

  13. #963
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11
    ive seen a pic of him kind of similar looking, and its of him with his fathers arm around him, smdh....I know this may sound strange but, I wear a light blue stone ring, the color of his eyes, and think about him constantly as, a friend, boyfriend, or confidon, hes been there in my mind. Even though Ive been with my dude for ten years, and my dude got me into them, Layne is the way I think of him in my head....yes basset, The tall, gorgeous, strong voiced man he was
    Last edited by Layne To Rest; 02-23-2012 at 07:17 PM.

  14. #964
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11
    watching celeb rehab right now with mike, r.i.p, and im to the part where he tells nancy that he did not see Layne die...............he watched him die..........thats the same thing, love mike by the way but slow suicides no way to go.....but ive got it paused and ready to see them talk, he loved layne, we addicts just all do not see what makes others love us, so we fill that void with a substance, and as we depend on it day to day, get used to using every morning as "our cofee" or whatever, it fills in those holes, positive feeling-gaps, self confidence, and so we become like a diabetic "who needs insulin everyday, as described in Layne Staleys last interview in 2002 the year he died. Laynes mother Nancy, saying in the other episode that "it's not a terrible thing to have a 'boring' normal, non rock-star/ celebrity saturated life hits the nail on the head with myself, because I too am an addict, my drug of choice has always been opiates, pain medication, but i'll also admit that when I was using, i chose to use anything in front of me when the oppurtunity presented itself....Luckily I never used a needle and that thought crosses my mind equally with the 'want' to use. I dont see these posites others may see, so I would hide them, or become a recluse in my home. We addicts have a disese and most dont reconize it till they become angry, or show anger to loved ones, the become anti-social because we dont want to hurt them ever again, which is in my opinion the worst phase of addiction. It's lonely, total alienation of self, family, and our friends who just couldn't watch us deteriate any longer.....until we found this new anger in us, anger at our higher power, anger at ouselves! I felt this feeling of what i think was angry, and fed up with my choices and outcomes, it felt like bein in a stray jacket while having a heart attack after a long period of reclusiveness, and this is what lifted me. I came out of the place and room I was in for that long lonely time and after feeling that anger, letting a scream out into my pillow, I knew I was being presented with a 2 choices, die like this, or follow instructions and do the work to get sober. I had let these drugs fill voids, change me constantly, and use up my body for at least a decade. I let the scream out, and it felt good in a way, but knowing all my friends were downstairs, and paranoid they all "hated me" I had just began to choose my road to recovery. I have remained with that anger since that night, no one hated me that was there, they wern't seeking vengeance on me because I have addiction, they did what they knew was best. There was no more telling me "you need to quit", because I never would, I kept making the decision to use, and fade into the background of my life. I listened to every song of Alice in chains, and Layne Staleys other bands/music......some may say "listen to different music" but thats exactly what I was doing. I felt like every lyric, tone of voice, or facial gesture in the dvds I have of them (mostly Laynes) were meant for me, they were honest, and the collection of their albums, including Laynes band Mad Season, were like a timeline of what they all went thru just as a family does. In the end after self titled was released, before Layne Staley 'reclused and alienated himself' , i got a message from 5 songs on that album "grind", "brush away" , "again", "god-am" , and most of all the song "shame in you" cause I too knew the cycle/meaning of that songs lyrics all too-well, I was almost three weeks off of a medicine called methadone that I was prescribed by request from a methadone/suboxen clinic to help me get off of the common pain pill hydrocodone. I met alot of users who were heroin users, previous heroin users, people who just wanted to get high from the methadone, which wont happen after about a month in a half, and those who will probably be on it for management of their opiate dependancy till the day they die...but hey they manage it. I had an almost cold turkey hell of a liquid methadone/pain pill withdrawl, I even relapsed of ice after seven years and if you knew me seven years before that I would have just been angry at the word ice or mention of that drug. But I had these gaps to fill, I needed energy cause towards the end of taking my 150mg dose every morning I was sleeping almost twenty hours a day, I gained eight from eating a half gallon of ice cream everyday, sure I wasnt drinking or using other drugs, but I expected this 'heroin' similar drug to do the work for me. I was lazy, I was depressed, I wanted to feel the 'high' of the hydrocodone/ect again, and i wouldnt be able to because my opiate receptors were blocked by the methadone. I see mike starr in that situation and remember, how scared I got at that time, I thought wow I pay this place money every month, half of my check, to get me through each day, 'I AM LAZY." So i stopped going up there, miss days, thought I could do it myself. I relapsed on meth or "ice" during the last month i was there. Hydrocodones always gave me energy, and confidence, and the methadone i was prescibed to mage my opiate addiction didnt give me this euphoria and energy anymore. I didnt't wanna be on it forever, that was scary, and I hated the fact My body was not in good shape, and what does ice or amphetamines do, lose weight, non stop energy, and I was gonna do it all by myself I was gonna try to ween myself off of liquid methadone, and use methamphetamine at the same time to cover up those withdrawls. well it made them more noticable, I hurt all over. Methadone withdrawl is often referred to as "worse than heroin withdrawl", sure I was losing a little un-earned loss of weight, and felt smart, but I was reclusive and paranoid. ''Shame in you'',and these songs stuck in my mind so much, and really spoke to me, even though i still had favorites from their previous albums, and had 'listened or heard' them before, I knew I chose this route and I knew I could get out., I was ashamed of almost everything about myself by then, I filled those missing holes in with substances for so long and more and more, too much, and they overflowed my other stabilities. I was insane, I could either keep using and become paralyzed and never see family, friends, or those people I missed that were downstairs trying to act as if they didn't care anymore, who loved me and could not 'fix me' or help anymore cause I made them broke a few too many times and hurt their feelings. They couldnt watch it, I didnt want them to, but when someone you love is upstairs looking at blank tv screen, beyond emotional, and asks and answers their own questions, their only option was to detach at that time, not talk to me, not include me in the fun they were having like everyday people. All I had to do was choose, or take a step forward, or just try. In the song "shame in you", The last verse says..............
    "And you must change patterns all we trained
    Or n'er regain peace you seek
    Now you hear me, for the things I see
    Yeah, I believe in inner peace, yeah

    Throw out, blow up, hold in
    Show fine, no signs, grow blind"

  15. #965
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,102
    Dang Gina - think about it - 6'1 and 86lbs at the time of his death!!! He was literally skin and bones. His Mama needs to "unass" that "last pic" that she has of him and his nephew...

    One day, perhaps the couch pic will surface - along with the Christine Chubbuck video... Wooohooo!
    My Posse's On Broadway

  16. #966
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11
    about a 4 second shot of layne in 97' i believe http://youtu.be/XnwjL58hG38

  17. #967
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11
    alright, correction for that last link <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XnwjL58hG38" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

  18. #968
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio (near Dayton)
    Posts
    1,796
    I am like a kid in a candy store today. Someone uploaded this on Feb. 19th. This is from the RAGE show that Layne hosted. It is Layne playing his favorite videos on the show. This is after a rehab stint that shows Layne at his healthiest in 3 years and is probably the last time he is well before his downward spiral.
    this is after Lollapalooza 93. This is just the commentary between the songs. It's so good to see him "chubby" faced and healthy.

    http://youtu.be/Emt_WlEqlfU

    No video clips, just Layne's intros edited together. Filmed October 28, 1993. Broadcast January 27, 1994. The complete list of videos programmed by Layne (blank lines are where his segments were inserted) is as follows:


    Just One Fix - Ministry
    NWO - Ministry
    Jesus Built My Hotrod - Ministry

    Buttown - Iggy Pop
    Mountain Song - Jane's Addiction
    Head Like a Hole - Nine Inch Nails
    Wish - Nine Inch Nails

    Heart Shaped Box - Nirvana
    Justify My Love - Madonna
    Mercy Seat - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
    Mr. Krinkle - Primus

    When Doves Cry - Prince
    Sign 'O the Times - Prince
    Purple Rain - Prince
    1999 - Prince

    Creep - Radiohead
    Asleep at the Wheel - Suicidal Tendencies
    This Love - Pantera
    Fire - Jimi Hendrix

    No Rain - Blind Melon
    I Built This Garden - Lenny Kravitz
    With a Little Help From My Friends - Joe Cocker

    Rubber Band Girl - Kate Bush
    So Alive - Love and Rockets
    Trust - Ned's Atomic Dustbin
    Hed - Hammerbox
    Pretend That We're Dead - L7

    Killing in the Name
    Punishment - Biohazard
    Tearing - Rollins Band
    Suggestion/Snub TV Interview - Fugazi

    Man In The Box - Alice In Chains

    Angry Chair - Alice In Chains

    Rooster - Alice In Chains
    We Die Young - Alice In Chains
    Sea of Sorrow - Alice In Chains
    Would? - Alice In Chains
    Them Bones - Alice In Chains
    Last edited by In a Sea of Sorrow; 02-23-2012 at 11:21 PM.
    "Dark clouds looming above the earth
    Another day without your soul
    Forecast fills with gloom and lack of mirth
    Within the Sea of Sorrow"
    ~~
    Suzanne Darrow~~

  19. #969
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    134
    Layne said his favorite AIC video was Angry Chair. Interesting!

  20. #970
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bowling Green, Kentucky/ Southern Indiana
    Posts
    124
    This thread keeps getting better and better!
    I'm back again For now!





  21. #971
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6
    Amazing video! I wish he didnt have the glasses on! Want to see those beautiful eyes!

  22. #972
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hicktown
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by Layne To Rest View Post
    watching celeb rehab right now with mike, r.i.p, and im to the part where he tells nancy that he did not see Layne die...............he watched him die..........thats the same thing, love mike by the way but slow suicides no way to go.....but ive got it paused and ready to see them talk, he loved layne, we addicts just all do not see what makes others love us, so we fill that void with a substance, and as we depend on it day to day, get used to using every morning as "our cofee" or whatever, it fills in those holes, positive feeling-gaps, self confidence, and so we become like a diabetic "who needs insulin everyday, as described in Layne Staleys last interview in 2002 the year he died. Laynes mother Nancy, saying in the other episode that "it's not a terrible thing to have a 'boring' normal, non rock-star/ celebrity saturated life hits the nail on the head with myself, because I too am an addict, my drug of choice has always been opiates, pain medication, but i'll also admit that when I was using, i chose to use anything in front of me when the oppurtunity presented itself....Luckily I never used a needle and that thought crosses my mind equally with the 'want' to use. I dont see these posites others may see, so I would hide them, or become a recluse in my home. We addicts have a disese and most dont reconize it till they become angry, or show anger to loved ones, the become anti-social because we dont want to hurt them ever again, which is in my opinion the worst phase of addiction. It's lonely, total alienation of self, family, and our friends who just couldn't watch us deteriate any longer.....until we found this new anger in us, anger at our higher power, anger at ouselves! I felt this feeling of what i think was angry, and fed up with my choices and outcomes, it felt like bein in a stray jacket while having a heart attack after a long period of reclusiveness, and this is what lifted me. I came out of the place and room I was in for that long lonely time and after feeling that anger, letting a scream out into my pillow, I knew I was being presented with a 2 choices, die like this, or follow instructions and do the work to get sober. I had let these drugs fill voids, change me constantly, and use up my body for at least a decade. I let the scream out, and it felt good in a way, but knowing all my friends were downstairs, and paranoid they all "hated me" I had just began to choose my road to recovery. I have remained with that anger since that night, no one hated me that was there, they wern't seeking vengeance on me because I have addiction, they did what they knew was best. There was no more telling me "you need to quit", because I never would, I kept making the decision to use, and fade into the background of my life. I listened to every song of Alice in chains, and Layne Staleys other bands/music......some may say "listen to different music" but thats exactly what I was doing. I felt like every lyric, tone of voice, or facial gesture in the dvds I have of them (mostly Laynes) were meant for me, they were honest, and the collection of their albums, including Laynes band Mad Season, were like a timeline of what they all went thru just as a family does. In the end after self titled was released, before Layne Staley 'reclused and alienated himself' , i got a message from 5 songs on that album "grind", "brush away" , "again", "god-am" , and most of all the song "shame in you" cause I too knew the cycle/meaning of that songs lyrics all too-well, I was almost three weeks off of a medicine called methadone that I was prescribed by request from a methadone/suboxen clinic to help me get off of the common pain pill hydrocodone. I met alot of users who were heroin users, previous heroin users, people who just wanted to get high from the methadone, which wont happen after about a month in a half, and those who will probably be on it for management of their opiate dependancy till the day they die...but hey they manage it. I had an almost cold turkey hell of a liquid methadone/pain pill withdrawl, I even relapsed of ice after seven years and if you knew me seven years before that I would have just been angry at the word ice or mention of that drug. But I had these gaps to fill, I needed energy cause towards the end of taking my 150mg dose every morning I was sleeping almost twenty hours a day, I gained eight from eating a half gallon of ice cream everyday, sure I wasnt drinking or using other drugs, but I expected this 'heroin' similar drug to do the work for me. I was lazy, I was depressed, I wanted to feel the 'high' of the hydrocodone/ect again, and i wouldnt be able to because my opiate receptors were blocked by the methadone. I see mike starr in that situation and remember, how scared I got at that time, I thought wow I pay this place money every month, half of my check, to get me through each day, 'I AM LAZY." So i stopped going up there, miss days, thought I could do it myself. I relapsed on meth or "ice" during the last month i was there. Hydrocodones always gave me energy, and confidence, and the methadone i was prescibed to mage my opiate addiction didnt give me this euphoria and energy anymore. I didnt't wanna be on it forever, that was scary, and I hated the fact My body was not in good shape, and what does ice or amphetamines do, lose weight, non stop energy, and I was gonna do it all by myself I was gonna try to ween myself off of liquid methadone, and use methamphetamine at the same time to cover up those withdrawls. well it made them more noticable, I hurt all over. Methadone withdrawl is often referred to as "worse than heroin withdrawl", sure I was losing a little un-earned loss of weight, and felt smart, but I was reclusive and paranoid. ''Shame in you'',and these songs stuck in my mind so much, and really spoke to me, even though i still had favorites from their previous albums, and had 'listened or heard' them before, I knew I chose this route and I knew I could get out., I was ashamed of almost everything about myself by then, I filled those missing holes in with substances for so long and more and more, too much, and they overflowed my other stabilities. I was insane, I could either keep using and become paralyzed and never see family, friends, or those people I missed that were downstairs trying to act as if they didn't care anymore, who loved me and could not 'fix me' or help anymore cause I made them broke a few too many times and hurt their feelings. They couldnt watch it, I didnt want them to, but when someone you love is upstairs looking at blank tv screen, beyond emotional, and asks and answers their own questions, their only option was to detach at that time, not talk to me, not include me in the fun they were having like everyday people. All I had to do was choose, or take a step forward, or just try. In the song "shame in you", The last verse says..............
    "And you must change patterns all we trained
    Or n'er regain peace you seek
    Now you hear me, for the things I see
    Yeah, I believe in inner peace, yeah

    Throw out, blow up, hold in
    Show fine, no signs, grow blind"
    I know what you mean about Layne's lyrics and music applying to your life. I'm not an addict but I have a mother and brother who are. I've seen how the drugs get ahold of you and won't let go.
    I pray you find peace.

  23. #973
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1
    ]laynelate90s1.jpg
    Hi! Look what i found .> New Layne Staley photo is from 2001, details about Staley's final months.

    http://grungereport.net/?p=10532

  24. #974
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio (near Dayton)
    Posts
    1,796
    New information on a photo of Layne from just a few months before he died.

    http://grungereport.net/?p=10532
    "Dark clouds looming above the earth
    Another day without your soul
    Forecast fills with gloom and lack of mirth
    Within the Sea of Sorrow"
    ~~
    Suzanne Darrow~~

  25. #975
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bowling Green, Kentucky/ Southern Indiana
    Posts
    124
    No matter when the photo was taken, it's still sad as hell. I hate seeing him like that. But it is comforting to know, that during this time, he was around people, and he was having a good time. I just wish he was still having good times today
    I'm back again For now!





  26. #976
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hicktown
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by In a Sea of Sorrow View Post
    New information on a photo of Layne from just a few months before he died.

    http://grungereport.net/?p=10532
    Thanks for sharing girly.

  27. #977
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    hades.
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryChair View Post
    No matter when the photo was taken, it's still sad as hell. I hate seeing him like that. But it is comforting to know, that during this time, he was around people, and he was having a good time. I just wish he was still having good times today
    To believe that good times last and living long is a solution is horribly wrong. We go when we are meant to. Medication, urges of longevity and unnatural stimulus are wrong and cruel to the psyche.
    But most like chaos, stopless, cool,
    Without a chance, or spar,
    Or even a report of land
    To justify despair.
    -Emily Dickinson

  28. #978
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,102
    So as most of us know - he surrounded himself with "Yes Friends" - as they do...
    I always thought he looked toothless there towards the end - I wonder what else this person "knows" that they admit they are not sharing... Sad Sad Sad...
    My Posse's On Broadway

  29. #979
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bowling Green, Kentucky/ Southern Indiana
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by DionysianSpirit View Post
    To believe that good times last and living long is a solution is horribly wrong. We go when we are meant to. Medication, urges of longevity and unnatural stimulus are wrong and cruel to the psyche.
    You must have interpreted what I said wrong. All I meant was that I wish he would have gotten straight, and turned his life around, as many of his fans wished. But no sense in wishing for something that won't ever happen. My 2 cents.
    I'm back again For now!





  30. #980
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio (near Dayton)
    Posts
    1,796
    That's so strange. i didn't see the post above mine when I posted the new info from GR. Sorry for that. There is this, too. Some items were auctioned on Ebay that supposedly belonged to Layne and his mom wants them back.

    http://grungereport.net/?p=10556
    "Dark clouds looming above the earth
    Another day without your soul
    Forecast fills with gloom and lack of mirth
    Within the Sea of Sorrow"
    ~~
    Suzanne Darrow~~

  31. #981
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bowling Green, Kentucky/ Southern Indiana
    Posts
    124
    I don't blame his mom for wanting his stuff back. Nancy said it still belongs to Layne. And whoever stole it should give it back. Such a shame.
    I'm back again For now!





  32. #982
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1
    Is it true that he cut off his own hand?

  33. #983
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by In a Sea of Sorrow View Post
    That's so strange. i didn't see the post above mine when I posted the new info from GR. Sorry for that. There is this, too. Some items were auctioned on Ebay that supposedly belonged to Layne and his mom wants them back.

    http://grungereport.net/?p=10556
    Well i think at this point a pair of sunglasses is a bit silly. For one, who knows if they are actually legit and possibly he
    might have actually given them to someone. Why not let someone else enjoy them instead of sitting in a shrine room
    for him

  34. #984
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio (near Dayton)
    Posts
    1,796
    No.
    "Dark clouds looming above the earth
    Another day without your soul
    Forecast fills with gloom and lack of mirth
    Within the Sea of Sorrow"
    ~~
    Suzanne Darrow~~

  35. #985
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hicktown
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by moylsie View Post
    Is it true that he cut off his own hand?
    No.

  36. #986
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,102
    Quote Originally Posted by moylsie View Post
    Is it true that he cut off his own hand?
    Who REALLY knows... Heroin is a Helluva Drug....
    My Posse's On Broadway

  37. #987
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3
    Ok so everyone loves layne and says what a great person he was, but basically he was a great musician who chose to
    Give up his career and hold his bandmates back to do heroin. What is so awesome about that! I am actually suprised he lasted as long as he did. He sounds like he just wanted to die but he lived for quite a while as a drug addict. And then
    People talk about demri and how awful she was, prostitution and drug use. She was no different than him except he had the money to have his "medicine" delivered. If he really cared about her, he would have gotten clean and helped her, instead of saying we'll get back together when we're both clean. And then she dies. So he uses that as an excuse to continue with his drug use til death. Not fair to her at all. And, did he do anything to contribute to society or help other drug addicts in her name, oh because he loved her SO much! No he wallowed in his own self pity, abandoned his band, and ultimately killed himself, causing much pain to his family, friends and fans. So again, what is so great about layne staley besides the voice??

  38. #988
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bowling Green, Kentucky/ Southern Indiana
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Stobbart View Post
    Ok so everyone loves layne and says what a great person he was, but basically he was a great musician who chose to
    Give up his career and hold his bandmates back to do heroin. What is so awesome about that! I am actually suprised he lasted as long as he did. He sounds like he just wanted to die but he lived for quite a while as a drug addict. And then
    People talk about demri and how awful she was, prostitution and drug use. She was no different than him except he had the money to have his "medicine" delivered. If he really cared about her, he would have gotten clean and helped her, instead of saying we'll get back together when we're both clean. And then she dies. So he uses that as an excuse to continue with his drug use til death. Not fair to her at all. And, did he do anything to contribute to society or help other drug addicts in her name, oh because he loved her SO much! No he wallowed in his own self pity, abandoned his band, and ultimately killed himself, causing much pain to his family, friends and fans. So again, what is so great about layne staley besides the voice??

    To each their own, friend. Layne Staley and AIC means different things to different fans. I'm sorry you can't see that.
    I'm back again For now!





  39. #989
    Quote Originally Posted by Stobbart View Post
    Ok so everyone loves layne and says what a great person he was, but basically he was a great musician who chose to
    Give up his career and hold his bandmates back to do heroin. What is so awesome about that! I am actually suprised he lasted as long as he did. He sounds like he just wanted to die but he lived for quite a while as a drug addict. And then
    People talk about demri and how awful she was, prostitution and drug use. She was no different than him except he had the money to have his "medicine" delivered. If he really cared about her, he would have gotten clean and helped her, instead of saying we'll get back together when we're both clean. And then she dies. So he uses that as an excuse to continue with his drug use til death. Not fair to her at all. And, did he do anything to contribute to society or help other drug addicts in her name, oh because he loved her SO much! No he wallowed in his own self pity, abandoned his band, and ultimately killed himself, causing much pain to his family, friends and fans. So again, what is so great about layne staley besides the voice??
    First off, Layne didn't *choose* to be addicted to drugs. No one does. It's just that; an addiction. You have no control over it. Do you think Layne wanted to be severely physically addicted to heroin? No one wants that. When a substance has that much control over your life, it *becomes* your life. Second, Layne wasn't the only member of Alice who was abusing drugs. They all were. Layne wasn't the only factor in Alice's hiatus. And when it comes to Demri's death, Layne didn't purposely set out to do more heroin. People with addictive personalities tend to cope with their problems with additional substance abuse. It wasn't an excuse to use more; it was simply desperation. Maybe you are lucky enough to have never experienced physical addiction, because if you did, you'd have some sympathy.

    Layne even said, "This fucking drug use is like the insulin a diabetic needs to survive. I'm not using drugs to get high like many people think. I know I made a big mistake when I started using..."

    Does that sound like someone who *chose* or *wanted* to be a drug addict?

  40. #990
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bowling Green, Kentucky/ Southern Indiana
    Posts
    124

    Reclusive era picture confirmed to be from halloween 1998

    That's what they say at least. Wonder how many other pictures will suddenly resurface.


    http://grungereport.net/?p=10629
    I'm back again For now!





  41. #991
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3
    Look i have a brother who was addicted to heroin and didnt hear from him for two years! He missed my wedding and his beloved grandmother's funeral. I have had many addicted people in my life. I get that his voice and music has helped
    people, but he still choose the path he took. And yes the other guys in aic had their issues, but they wanted to continue making music and he didn't. The whole insulin thing and pain could have been handled in a hospital setting. He could have gotten better and choose not too. Come on, he had choices and choose the path he took. He had money and the
    resources to get better and he choose to to get sick and not get help. Its a sad tragic story, but he had people who
    would help him and pushed them away. He choose misery. I get addicts but i have seen so many perservere. Dont get
    mad at me. He had so many options and choose not to take them. Very very sad because he was such an amazing artist,
    but let's not put him him on a pedastal and make him more than he was.

  42. #992
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Stobbart View Post
    Look i have a brother who was addicted to heroin and didnt hear from him for two years! He missed my wedding and his beloved grandmother's funeral. I have had many addicted people in my life. I get that his voice and music has helped
    people, but he still choose the path he took. And yes the other guys in aic had their issues, but they wanted to continue making music and he didn't. The whole insulin thing and pain could have been handled in a hospital setting. He could have gotten better and choose not too. Come on, he had choices and choose the path he took. He had money and the
    resources to get better and he choose to to get sick and not get help. Its a sad tragic story, but he had people who
    would help him and pushed them away. He choose misery. I get addicts but i have seen so many perservere. Dont get
    mad at me. He had so many options and choose not to take them. Very very sad because he was such an amazing artist,
    but let's not put him him on a pedastal and make him more than he was.
    I am picking up what you are putting down - he actually had it better than most because he had the "means" available for the best treatment in the world. A HELLUVA lot more junkies get clean and don't have a pot to piss in, but do because they want to - he didn't...
    My Posse's On Broadway

  43. #993
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3
    I totally agree as an addict you do still have choices and blatanly he choose the path and told many
    people that was what he wanted. Yes we miss what he could have done but he basically choose to be a drug addict and didnt look back. It just kills me how everyone feels so bad for him and the life that he was given. He choose his life as we all do! He had options and basically wanted to be a herion
    addict. Being who he was and what opportunities he had at his hands, he sounds like oh feel bad for me. Shit we all have major issues but do the best we can to get through them.

  44. #994
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    223
    i just realized that i live like 3 blocks from the apartment Layne died in. I should go over there and take some pics!

  45. #995
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyinlove View Post
    i just realized that i live like 3 blocks from the apartment Layne died in. I should go over there and take some pics!
    what you waiting on? hell i have thought about going half way cross country just to see it and you live there Please post when/if you take pics

  46. #996
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyd20 View Post
    what you waiting on? hell i have thought about going half way cross country just to see it and you live there Please post when/if you take pics
    Ok then! I found the address, does anyone know the apartment or unit #? I'll walk over there this weekend.

  47. #997
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    223
    oop, just found it online. 5C!

  48. #998
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    223
    alright sammyd, as promised here are the pictures i took this evening at Layne's death residence. I'm a dork so i did a bit of research on the place before i went. This building's address is 4528 8th Ave NE Seattle, WA 98105 (google has a pretty nice street view of it if you'd like to look). The building was erected in 1996 and Layne's condo was a 3 bedroom/2 bathroom 1,535 sq ft unit on the 5th floor (building is 6 floors total). Apparently it had a fire place and a garage to park in, fancy! I wonder if Layne even had a car? You don't really need one in this neighborhood. As far as i can tell Layne bought the place for 262k in 1997 which means he might have been the first owner of the unit. After his death, his unit was sold to James and Diane Risan for 335k in 2003. Land records show that the owner was deceased: http://seattle.blockshopper.com/prop...nue_ne_unit_5c. The Risans still own the place, as evidenced by the pictures i took showing their name on 5C's call box.

    I'd love to live in this building, it's really pretty and looks nice on the inside (from what i could see). Even though i only live 4 blocks away, i'm jealous .LS_5C.jpghere's the call box at the front door up close
    LS_bld1.jpgLS_bld2.jpgLS_bld3.jpg
    LS_callbox.jpgcall box from father away
    LS_frontdoor.jpg the view of the street (8th) from the building's front door

  49. #999
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    223
    LS_lobby1.jpghere's the right side of the inside lobby...the door was locked (i tried )
    LS_lobby2.jpgleft side of the lobby and elevator
    LS_view.jpgview from my bedroom of Layne's old place (green and white building on the left)

  50. #1000
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    223
    one last thing...ever wanna know Layne's social security number?ssn.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •