Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Amityville Murders

cool
    hurt an animal and I will kill you

Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    I noticed the pics had madcow.net at the bottom. How do I access this website? When I typed it in, I got a page with a black background and a cartoon of a mad cow, that was it.
    I think madcow is long defunct.
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I think madcow is long defunct.
    Thanks, that would explain why a cyberidiot like me would be unable to get into the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    Thanks, that would explain why a cyberidiot like me would be unable to get into the website.
    LMAO

I tried to get on a site the other night that I already knew was gone but went there anyway!

What I find extremely bizarre and macabre is the fact that the Lutz family used the Defeo's beds that were left in the property...the very ones they were brutally murdered in!

I love this house (in fact I'm obsessed with it) and I would move into it in a heartbeat (I know, I'm just weird) but that is ONE thing I'd draw the line at.
    TINNNAAAA!!!! BRING ME THE AXE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Moline View Post
    What I find extremely bizarre and macabre is the fact that the Lutz family used the Defeo's beds that were left in the property...the very ones they were brutally murdered in!

I love this house (in fact I'm obsessed with it) and I would move into it in a heartbeat (I know, I'm just weird) but that is ONE thing I'd draw the line at.
    I'd draw the line there too, that's just gross. I wouldn't use anybody's left-behind bed, much less those. That's really strange actually.

I wonder if that's even true. We've all seen pics of those mattresses, they were soaked with blood. Just imagine it, the bodies were laying there for hours before being "discovered" Thick cotton batting that mattresses were made of in that time, no telling how old they were to begin with. I would think the smell alone would render them useless. Ladies, think about when Aunt Flo comes to visit and there is leakage, those stains never go away and they are tiny. (Did ya'll know Dawn was being visited by Aunt Flo when she was murdered? just a piece of info I've picked up along the way)
    Christina Applegate lived in the Wonderland area when those murders happened and she remembers being a kid and driving past the house and all the blood soaked mattresses were outside for the trash (that is in the directors commentary on Wonderland) I don't believe there is anyway those mattresses were usable. The Lutz did use the bed frames and other furntiure, including the washer and dryers. (remeber there were 2 sets in the basement, the DeFeos being a huge family)
    I think the Lutz made using the mattresses up.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Vi View Post
    I wonder if that's even true. We've all seen pics of those mattresses, they were soaked with blood. Just imagine it, the bodies were laying there for hours before being "discovered" Thick cotton batting that mattresses were made of in that time, no telling how old they were to begin with. I would think the smell alone would render them useless. Ladies, think about when Aunt Flo comes to visit and there is leakage, those stains never go away and they are tiny. (Did ya'll know Dawn was being visited by Aunt Flo when she was murdered? just a piece of info I've picked up along the way)
    Christina Applegate lived in the Wonderland area when those murders happened and she remembers being a kid and driving past the house and all the blood soaked mattresses were outside for the trash (that is in the directors commentary on Wonderland) I don't believe there is anyway those mattresses were usable. The Lutz did use the bed frames and other furntiure, including the washer and dryers. (remeber there were 2 sets in the basement, the DeFeos being a huge family)
    I think the Lutz made using the mattresses up.
    I'm pretty sure I read that they DID dispose of the mattresses (otherwise that would be really GROSS!) but used the bed frames - but I still think that's wrong, especially knowingly...

I would imagine (someone correct me if I'm incorrect) that the mattresses would be used as forensic evidence and taken away by the police?

As I said previously if I had the means to buy this house I definitely would - but I wouldn't want the Defeo's furniture, ESPECIALLY the beds!

Auntie Vi,

I read that too - interesting little factoid that Dawn's bedclothes/mattresses were soaked in menstrual blood...

I found this on a website, like Auntie Vi says the Lutzes did use the Defeo's furniture (and those bed-frames!) but I don't really, honestly believe anyone would use a mattress that someone had been slain in cold blood on whilst they slept, so that is an exaggeration I think (probably by Lorraine Warren) I wonder why the Defeo's relatives didn't clear the house of all their possessions before it went on sale? that must be highly unusual? if nobody wanted them they could have had some people come and do a house clearance...like somebody mentioned earlier on this thread, I wonder what happened to those beautiful (yet compellingly eerie) family portraits? apparently Ronald Defeo Sr's father-in-law commissioned them (the Brigantes) Brigante (I forget his name right now) portrait was at the top of the stairs, almost to remind Ronnie Sr just who was the REAL head of that family..especially as it was said that the father-in-law helped them to buy the property on Ocean Drive as Ronnie Sr could never have afforded it on his salary.

Anyway, I digress..here is the paragraph I found about the beds...

"George Lutz then contacted Ed & Lorraine Warren, founders of The New England Society For Psychic Research. Ironically, accompanying the Warrens were a T.V. news anchor, a few clairvoyants & investigators from Duke University. Lorraine says that much of the furniture in the house was the same furniture from the Defeo murders. Lorraine sat on the bed in the master bedroom (only the mattress had been replaced since the murders) & was overcome by what she describes as a very evil demonic force. She then went to daughter Missy`s room (same mattress & furniture, Mr. Lutz allowed his children to sleep on the Defeo children's death beds). Lorraine says the evil was so overwhelming that she became weak, disoriented & could hardly stay conscious while leaving."

I think it is all a big bullshit story about the beds...I think they would have taken them for evidence...
    what do you guys think..

Auntie Vi,

I read that too - interesting little factoid that Dawn's bedclothes/mattresses were soaked in menstrual blood...

Don't you just hate when that happens?

Quote Originally Posted by bunny View Post
    I think it is all a big bullshit story about the beds...I think they would have taken them for evidence...
    what do you guys think..
    Yeah..You would think they would be considered evidence. Why the hell would you wanna sleep in those beds anyway???

I know...very strange...

RIght now on A&E is a show called FIrst Person Killers: Ronald DeFeo. It's on from 5pm to 6pm. Off to watch

Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    RIght now on A&E is a show called FIrst Person Killers: Ronald DeFeo. It's on from 5pm to 6pm. Off to watch

I'm watching it right now, too! It's interesting. Of course Ronald DeFeo blames the whole thing on Dawn. That she wanted her father dead so Ronald took the shotgun into the bedroom to "scare" his father but when his father got up, he panicked and shot him. Also says his mother had a .38 by the bed so when she made a move to get it, he shot her. Then he said he had to leave so he told Dawn to stay there. Then he says Dawn shot the kids. Ronald says Dawn was jealous of Allison because she was going to grow up into a beautiful woman. So when he gets home and discovers the others killed, Dawn raises the gun, fight ensues, she ends up dead. The corner says none of the bodies were moved, they were all shot where they lay. The stories of abuse from Butch DeFeo are well known. He abused his wife and all of his children. Ronald says that "it wasn't supposed to happen this way. He's supposed to die in his car in Brooklyn some place. I was going to take care of it." So obviously he had plans to kill his father. I used to think Dawn had something to do with the murders but the research people here have done on the murders has changed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lita View Post
    I'm watching it right now, too! It's interesting. Of course Ronald DeFeo blames the whole thing on Dawn. That she wanted her father dead so Ronald took the shotgun into the bedroom to "scare" his father but when his father got up, he panicked and shot him. Also says his mother had a .38 by the bed so when she made a move to get it, he shot her. Then he said he had to leave so he told Dawn to stay there. Then he says Dawn shot the kids. Ronald says Dawn was jealous of Allison because she was going to grow up into a beautiful woman. So when he gets home and discovers the others killed, Dawn raises the gun, fight ensues, she ends up dead. The corner says none of the bodies were moved, they were all shot where they lay. The stories of abuse from Butch DeFeo are well known. He abused his wife and all of his children. Ronald says that "it wasn't supposed to happen this way. He's supposed to die in his car in Brooklyn some place. I was going to take care of it." So obviously he had plans to kill his father. I used to think Dawn had something to do with the murders but the research people here have done on the murders has changed my mind.
    I watched it too. He was known to be a total liar and made up all kinds of stories about the crime. At first he blamed the Mafia for it, since his family had some ties.

I don't think Dawn did it. She looked like she never got up out of her bed. Just shot in her sleep.

Altho I find it interesting how they were all sleeping on their stomachs?

I sleep flat on my back mostly!

Quote Originally Posted by spiritwisepi View Post
    This is a pic of one of the dead younger boys "ghost photo"

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...69998665_m.jpg
    So, what is the story with this photo? It just looks like a kid who got some camera flash in his eyes?

I think that's why it's called a "ghost photo". I don't see anything paranormal about it, just some kid with the flash reflecting in his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    I don't mean to be rude, or tasteless...(well, maybe I do) but those 2 bottom photos grossed me out the most cuz she really should have shaved her pits. ***NOTE TO SELF*** Always keep self well groomed in case of possible photos taken of you at your crime scene.
    Never mind that - what about Dad's hairy butt crack!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    I'd draw the line there too, that's just gross. I wouldn't use anybody's left-behind bed, much less those. That's really strange actually.
    Ew I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Vi View Post
    Christina Applegate lived in the Wonderland area when those murders happened and she remembers being a kid and driving past the house and all the blood soaked mattresses were outside for the trash
    Eeeeeew How Morbid!

Anyway, I digress..here is the paragraph I found about the beds...
    (same mattress & furniture, Mr. Lutz allowed his children to sleep on the Defeo children's death beds).
    What was wrong with him??

You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

damn I missed it DAMN DAMN DAMN

Mysterious "Seventh Body" photo...

It doesn't look anything like the DeFeo's basement. Plus, there are no basement windows that are even close to that big in the entire house. It has to be a hoax.
    "Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like."

watched a show on Discovery last night about this...
    what I dont understand...WHY did no one get up and run like hell when they heard the first shot that killed the mom and dad....
    BUT everyone of those kids is laying face down...
    does anyone think that the son had help with the killings?

Ok I have been reading more and more about this...Ron Jr said that his sister Dawn helped him kill the family, maybe that is how it happened, cause I cant see one person doing it...mind you how can you believe anything he says he is nuts...

I'm reading the book again. I barely got through the first few chapters. There's no way in hell I'd move into a house where I knew that a family had been blown away.

it is so horrible cause it is such a nice house. well was a nice house..what a waste...

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Never mind that - what about Dad's hairy butt crack!
    That was frightening.

It was 34 years ago today that the DeFeo family died.....RIP ...xxxx

PS...It's also Scarlett's birthday....cool death hag coincidence, huh!
    Inside me, there's a skinny woman fighting to get out....but I can usually shut the bitch up with chocolate

wow 34 years long time ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Snudgie View Post
    It was 34 years ago today that the DeFeo family died.....RIP ...xxxx

PS...It's also Scarlett's birthday....cool death hag coincidence, huh!
    is it? blimey, luv I missed that...anyway, happy birthday to a future death hag, Scarlett :-) xxx

Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    LOL, I would love to see that ad!
    The original house was super creepy looking though. Those windows looked like eyes watching everyone. Super, super creepy.
    Well that's because you think they look creepy!
    To me they look just like, well, windows!
    It's all in the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by bunny View Post
    Ok I have been reading more and more about this...Ron Jr said that his sister Dawn helped him kill the family, maybe that is how it happened, cause I cant see one person doing it...mind you how can you believe anything he says he is nuts...
    This guy keeps changing his story. Probably in lame attempts to save his ass. I think he acted alone. Regardless, I think they got the right guy locked up. Hopefully forever.

As for the hauntings: Their imagination or nightmares were at play after knowing what happened there.

There are countless other homes with the smell of murder in them. Why aren't they haunted like Amityville is? KnowwhadImean?
    Last edited by GrinReaper; 02-07-2009 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thinkering View Post
    Me too, me too.
    It did irk me though, that in a movie set in the 70's (right?) the male lead has a very 21st century body.

But still. What a body.
    *fans self*
    LOL, I remember saying that when I watched the movie too.

And yea, Ryan is got it going on!

Ryan Reynolds. I SO would! ;-)

Hell, I'd give tours and charge admission!

Yea, Christopher had a site for a bit I remember, but then it got hacked I if I recall correctly.

I do not have a lot of sympathy for the current owners as they knew the house history when they bought it. If you do not want the lookie loos, better off to buy a home without that kind of history.

Just like the new owners of Karen Carpenters family home. They want to tear it down and are tired of all the people driving by and so forth.

Um, yea, you knew who the house once belonged to prior to buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    Hell, I'd give tours and charge admission!
    Me too, you could make a killing!

Uh, no pun intended.

I'd even make out with Ryan Reynolds in front of the house for pictures, just for the fans of the story, not because I want to. I'd skip James Brolin though, Babs scares me more than the house does.

Me too, you could make a killing!

Uh, no pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    I'd even make out with Ryan Reynolds in front of the house for pictures, just for the fans of the story, not because I want to. I'd skip James Brolin though, Babs scares me more than the house does.
    Well, yes, you would just be trying to help out the fans you know by feeling Ryan up.

And yea, James Brolin AND Babs scare me!

Yea. Too bad the real george Lutz was about as far from this as can be.

I would go through any kinds of ghosts and slime to get to this!

Mmmmmmmm I agree, he is finnnnnnne! Even all crazy n scary n stuff *drool*

If you fail to prepare, you are preparing to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Melicious625 View Post
    Mmmmmmmm I agree, he is finnnnnnne! Even all crazy n scary n stuff *drool*

Best kind of men IMO

...I'm disappointed in his taste in women.
    Is that because he's tasting other women and not you?

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I watched it too. He was known to be a total liar and made up all kinds of stories about the crime. At first he blamed the Mafia for it, since his family had some ties.

I don't think Dawn did it. She looked like she never got up out of her bed. Just shot in her sleep.

Altho I find it interesting how they were all sleeping on their stomachs?

I sleep flat on my back mostly!
    My theory is that the family members who woke up from hearing the gunshots were told to roll over onto their stomachs so that Butch didn't have to look his helpless victims in the face. Marc was injured and could not physically roll over onto his stomach by himself and so would have needed help doing so. Alison was awake when Butch shot her in the face. There was gun powder residue on her eyeballs.

Did anyone ever do an experiment to learn IF the gunshots COULD be heard in neighboring houses? One sees that kind of question on boards where Warren devotees pooh-pooh the whole notion of a Lutz "hoax." You KNOW the Devil would muffle the sound of so many gunshots, from the neighbors and the victims themselves!

In that decade, were there as many houses, and very close together? In my neighborhood, with its 1-acre zoning, I THINK someone could get away with that. The homes are just far enough apart, and if the shots were muffled with bed linens and a TV was on, even 6 shots are probably doable. Figure in the factor of not wanting/ fearing to get involved, and it's plausible.

I think Ronnie may have had assistance, but not from his sister, who ended up a victim anyway. I CAN imagine them talking about it, probably wildly and in frustration (especially if Dawn had a bad PMS session beforehand.) A girl's response to the alleged abuse, back in those days, would more likely have been to run away, rather than retaliate, and in such a bloody, violent manner. Unless, of course, she wanted to stay on, not only because she feared poverty, but to support her mother and siblings, which might have roused Ronnie's anger against his only ally.

In the movie wasn't it storming outside at the times of the murders? Was that true or just for dramatic purposes? Also, I wonder if the house was well insulated? If it was maybe that accounted for some "sound proofing"? Just musing a little here.....
    Please leave a message after the beep and get the hell off already.... somebody else might be trying to call

There were not nearly enough bedroom scenes in that movie. And why couldn't his jammyjams drop just a few more centimetres?

Lately though, I'm disappointed in his taste in women.
    I'd hit that.

Probably about 8 years ago, maybe 10, when I sold lighting, Ryan came into our downtown Vancouver store and bought some track lighting from me...I nearly DIED! I could barely speak the entire time...he was very soft spoken and super polite, really nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Probably about 8 years ago, maybe 10, when I sold lighting, Ryan came into our downtown Vancouver store and bought some track lighting from me...I nearly DIED! I could barely speak the entire time...he was very soft spoken and super polite, really nice guy
    Ah be still my heart. I think I would have fainted!

Why would anyone cut wood in their pajamas?
    Fuck Off. We're Full.

If you had a body like that, wouldn't you do most activities in as little clothing as possible?
    I would hope so, hehe