Thread: Unsolved Walker Family Murder

Unsolved Walker Family Murder

Linnie posted a link about this in the Clutter thread. I had never heard of it so I thought it deserved its own thread.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/section/SPECIAL12

Great website with lots of information. Third newspaper PDF has crime scene pics.

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

And don't forget the Websleuths page with all the updates and theories!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33764

Unlike the Clutter house which still exists, is occupied,and was no doubt built to stand a long time, the little shack-like cottage of the Walker family collapsed long ago--- by this time the debris itself might be gone, to make way for some new development. There's no listing on Findagrave yet--- anyone in the area have pictures of the graves at least? (Though they lived in relative poverty--- maybe there are no real tombstones?)
    Last edited by Linnie; 11-30-2009 at 01:27 PM.

Whoops! Thanks Linnie!!

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Miho, I can't seem to access all the areas of that site. It keeps causing my computer to lock up. Is there any way you can supply the link just to the article with the crime scene photos that you spoke of? I noticed a lot of them are .pdf which I should be able to read but that site also has flash stuff and I guess its conflicting with something on my pc and I really wanted to see them. Please, please, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazzzld Kat View Post
    Miho, I can't seem to access all the areas of that site. It keeps causing my computer to lock up. Is there any way you can supply the link just to the article with the crime scene photos that you spoke of? I noticed a lot of them are .pdf which I should be able to read but that site also has flash stuff and I guess its conflicting with something on my pc and I really wanted to see them. Please, please, please.

Ok I can't link the pics directly because they are in PDF. The site had this huge flash thing about the house so that is probably why you had problems. Here is the link just to the PDF article.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/assets/...rs/Walker3.pdf

wow I have been reading over this the past hour ! So who the eff did this shit! Okay..theories anyone ??? Im thinking out loud here ..but I agree with the police thery of somone in love with the girl..also the fact she had two miscarriages ....or where they abortions they didnt make that clear...also another thing why drown the baby? what the hell...what could she have done..and I mean why drown her ..Im wonder if they ever did dna testing on the kids too see if they were both the husbands.....great site amazing how they just printed the crime scene pics in the paper!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Ok I can't link the pics directly because they are in PDF. The site had this huge flash thing about the house so that is probably why you had problems. Here is the link just to the PDF article.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/assets/...rs/Walker3.pdf

Thank you so much!

I think the one that is most upsetting is the child in the tub and you can see what appears to be blood drops on the floor. I wonder if he shot her elsewhere in the house and then put her in the tub?

Is the newspaper incorrect or was the little girl in the tub shot? The newspaper has a caption under her crime scene pic that says:

Fiendish hand of murderer of the Cliff Walker family left 2 year old Debbie with a bullet wound in her head, but also evidence she was drowned. The curly headed youngster was found in the bathtub of the small home while her 4 year old brother and parents were found in the living room of the home.
    Last edited by Frazzzld Kat; 12-01-2009 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazzzld Kat View Post
    Thank you so much!

I think the one that is most upsetting is the child in the tub and you can see what appears to be blood drops on the floor. I wonder if he shot her elsewhere in the house and then put her in the tub?

Is the newspaper incorrect or was the little girl in the tub shot? The newspaper has a caption under her crime scene pic that says:
    Sad story, very sad. I believe the theory was that the killer had run out of ammo and the last shot didn't kill her, hence the drowning.

Quote Originally Posted by Demgirl View Post
    Sad story, very sad. I believe the theory was that the killer had run out of ammo and the last shot didn't kill her, hence the drowning.
    Oh okay. That makes sense. Thanks

yeah I was rerunning this through my head last night.....its just so horrible....so Im thinking maybe she was having an affair maybe..I dont know....someone was very angry...and why the children?

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    ...and why the children?
    One of the articles said that one theory for killing the children was that they knew the killer, so could potentially identify him/her.
    horrible, eh.
    Wow, that was some huge-open-mouthed-but-totally-straight-bromance greeting. (爆)~RaRa

Quote Originally Posted by Demgirl View Post

Yeah I believe that is what they determined. They think she might have been shot in her in bed and then drowned. She was the last one killed.

I guess they think that the mother was raped and then drug into the living room and shot. The father and son came home and were then shot. Then the little girl was killed because she probably woke up.

The father and son never had a chance. None of the poor souls did

its just amazing to me....and to think they all died like that! And never found who did it !

The Sarasota Herald-Tribune reports investigators from the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office are working on a legal brief they hope will allow them to exhume the murderers' bodies to test their DNA against evidence collected in the 1959 murders of four members of the Walker family in rural Osprey, Fla.

I am so curious to see what they come up with...
    My Posse's On Broadway

Was Smith/Hitchcock's trip to Florida mentioned in "In Cold Blood?" It's been years since I read the book, and can't remember if it was mentioned. I only remember them going to Mexico and Nevada.

I have a feeling this may take weeks to get the DNA results.
    Cindy

"In Cold Blood" Murderers' DNA results released soon

As I post this, it's been 16 days since the article below was written. To re-cap, Hickock and Smith (Clutter family murderers) were exhumed in December to see if their DNA matched in this poor family's murder. Apparently, the results are due any day.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...9771?p=1&tc=pg
    Last edited by homesgirl; 05-11-2013 at 05:35 PM.
    Archer Fact: You canít tourniquet the taint. (Source: Ray Gillette)

Link to recent Tampa Bay Times story, video and photos about how 1959 Walker murders are linked to "In Cold Blood" killers, even without the DNA

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...d-case/2121488

Just wanted to update this, as it was left up in the air abruptly. The DNA that could be extracted could NOT be linked to the Walker family murders. Only partial profiles of the dead Hickok and Smith could be obtained from their long-decayed remains, and the semen evidence collected from the unfortunate Mrs. Walker had also degraded over the decades. Of course that doesn't exclude the possibility, but they'll just never be able to say for sure.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/201...d_killers.html