Thread: Jamie Lee Curtis

Jamie Lee Curtis

Saturday, March 22, 2008

JAMIE LEE CURTIS TOPLESS FOR AARP

Ageless Hollywood star Jamie Lee Curtis has posed topless on the cover of AARP magazine in a bid to persuade older women that they can remain beautiful if they take care of themselves.The Trading Places star, who turns 50 later this year, bares her shoulders and poses with grey hair on the front of the May issue, although her nipples are kept out of sight. She tells the publication, "I want to be older. I actually think there’s an incredible amount of self-knowledge that comes with getting older."I feel way better now than I did when I was 20. I’m stronger, I’m smarter in every way, I’m so much less crazy than I was then… Getting older means paring yourself down to an essential version of yourself." Curtis also refuses to dye her hair. She adds, "I’ve let my hair go gray. I wear only black and white. Every year I buy three or four black dresses that I just keep in rotation."

Over two years ago, Jamie began promoting its Activia yogurt with the special ingredient, Bifidus Regularis, a "nonsense word that's been trademarked," as dubbed by American Copywriter. The ingredient is supposed to make women more regular, to use acceptable vernacular.

I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

She has been one outstanding spokeswoman against the LA/Hollywood machine.
    San Diego turned blue in 2012, joining the rest of California. Vote for Obama statewide, 60.4%. LGBT Chamber of Commerce, 2nd in the US. Scott Peters replaced BB. Moving forward in business and the community.

Geeze, the only good thing she ever did was the first Halloween movie running from Michael Myers. Does that make her a start id entrust my health advise from ?

So people should only wear black and white? I wish women would stop wearing the black uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by John Connor View Post
    So people should only wear black and white? I wish women would stop wearing the black uniform.
    I don't see where she's telling other people to only where black and white. Some women love black. So why should they stop wearing it? I'm not a fan of a lot of colors--because they don't look right on me--so what's wrong with that? I wear a lot of black.

Black is very slimming and flattering. It is also easy to put on if you are not the type to fuss with your wardrobe. Dress it up, dress it down, always in good taste. White is a neutral that goes with everything. I think that's what she was going for.
    Last edited by candleinthewind; 04-06-2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: clarification

I love to wear black, too, just because I like it. Especially sweaters.

Most of my wardrobe is black. I've never been a "girly girl" when it comes to clothes, and I just want clothes that fit, are comfortable, and are slimming. I also have some trouble with matching colors, and now that DH isn't here to say, "Honey, those colors don't really go together" wearing black on black makes things simpler.
    "The present state of the world and the whole of life is diseased. If I were a doctor and were asked for my advice, I should reply, 'Create silence'."
    -- Soren Kierkegaard

She's saying she doesn't want to fuss overly much as she ages. Something many women devote a huge chunk of life to.

Applause for Jamie.

I love black.

Jamie Lee is one of my favorite actresses, mainly because of the horror movies she's been in. I'm pretty sure she's retired from movies, Good for her going topless at her age.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Geeze, the only good thing she ever did was the first Halloween movie running from Michael Myers. Does that make her a start id entrust my health advise from ?
    Yes, and beauty advice too.
    Hey, what she likes, she likes, it seems to suit HER, and God help those "What Not to Wear" twits if they ever came near her.
    But she does remind me of the way nuns used to, when they were first permitted to shed their veils and adopt civilian dress, including pant suits. It was all neutral colors (most black and navy), modest and plain, and their hair (as befitted chaste ladies) was often cut in similar no-nonsense styles.

And oh yes, here's the obligatory link to the SNL "Activia" parody:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/17002/satu...activia-yogurt

I'm also a black clothes fan...I'm not a foo foo Pink kinda gal...and I have black cats, so they don't show the cat hair....lol

I can wear any color and I do, especially vibrant pastels, but I also love black.
    Do not knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

So is she a hermaphrodite or what?
    Suck it.

Nawww, that's just a bunch of horseshit, alas.

Japan has totally bought into the yogurt-bifidis bit as well. Bifidobacterium is real; as an aside, the Japanese wiki site mentions that the 5 major strains of this bacteria are present in large quantities in the poops of breastfed babies. *urp*
    Wow, that was some huge-open-mouthed-but-totally-straight-bromance greeting. (爆)~RaRa

Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    I don't see where she's telling other people to only where black and white. Some women love black. So why should they stop wearing it? I'm not a fan of a lot of colors--because they don't look right on me--so what's wrong with that? I wear a lot of black.

She's not telling everyone to wear black, she's telling them they need to s**t regularly

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post

Why would you think that? Does she or he turn you on?

rumers

I got this from UrbanLegends.com

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/jam...eecurtis_2.htm

Dear Readers:

Celebrities are always telling us that fame has its downsides, lurid gossip being one of them, and few could make a better case than actress Jamie Lee Curtis, who for two decades has been saddled with rumors that she was a hermaphrodite at birth (or, as it has been more crudely put, "born with a penis").

This has never been proven, mind you, but most folks seem satisfied with the argument that the info was passed along by a friend of a friend who happens to know a doctor who was told about it in medical school, so it has to be true (or some variation thereof). If that doesn't convince, they may point out that Curtis adopted her two children instead of conceiving; oh, and she has a unisex first name!
    None of which, of course, proves anything.

What is a hermaphrodite?
    Hermaphroditism (from Hermaphroditus, son of the Greek gods Hermes and Aphrodite; Hermaphroditus was so loved by the nymph Salmacis that she prayed they could be united as one person and literally got her wish) is an all-but-obsolete medical term (clinicians now prefer intersex) for a set of conditions characterized mainly by genitalia which are either "ambiguous" (i.e., not clearly male or female) or at odds with the subject's chromosomal gender.

Depending on the specific symptoms, hermaphroditism / intersexuality may be the result of a genetic anomaly or a hormonal excess or deficiency during gestation. It has been estimated that as many as 1 in 2,000 children born in the United States are diagnosed with ambiguous external genitalia, of whom a very small percentage undergo "sex reassignment" surgery in infancy.

The specific condition most often attributed to Jamie Lee Curtis is AIS, or Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome. People born with AIS are genetically male (defined as having one X and one Y chromosome) but are resistant to androgens, the hormones responsible for male sexual development. As a result, they display female physical characteristics despite being genetically male. "In its classic form (complete androgen resistance), the person appears to be female but has no uterus, and has sparse armpit and pubic hair," states the MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia. "At puberty, female secondary sex characteristics (e.g., breasts) develop, but menstruation and fertility do not."

Why Jamie Lee Curtis? It bears pointing out that Ms. Curtis was neither the first nor the last female celebrity to whom gender ambiguity has been attributed. Marlene Dietrich, Greta Garbo, and Mae West endured similar whisper campaigns during their respective heydays, according to Paul Young, author of L.A. Exposed: Strange Myths and Curious Legends in the City of Angels (St. Martin's Press, 2002). So did '80s disco star Grace Jones, and, more recently pop music divas Ciara and Lady Gaga. One thing all of these famous performers have in common is some degree of androgyny -- either in appearance, or behavior, or both -- that sets them apart from "normal" women. Curtis, who easily passes for "butch" when she dresses down for a role and has her hair cut short, has also been singled out for what film critic Bill Cosford once called her "androgynous appeal."

And then there is the matter of her name. Some have speculated she was christened "Jamie Lee" because it wasn't clear at birth whether she was a boy or a girl. Not so, according to Curtis' mother, actress Janet Leigh, who says the gender-ambiguous name was just a practical choice.

"At that time," she told Village Voice columnist Michael Musto in 1998, "we didn't know ahead of time if it would be a girl or a boy, so when I was pregnant with Kelly, my best friend Jackie Gershwin said, 'Why don't you call the baby Kelly, so if it's a girl, it works, and if it's a boy, it works?' And she thought the same thing with Jamie. The babies were named before they were born because Jackie said, 'This way, we won't have to worry about it!'"
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Quote Originally Posted by growl View Post
    She's not telling everyone to wear black, she's telling them they need to s**t regularly
    I know. I was commenting on what John Connor said.

Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    I know. I was commenting on what John Connor said.

Hey sorry! I meant to quote further up! Just making a lame joke!!!

Did she ever 'come out' about that?

Quote Originally Posted by growl View Post
    Hey sorry! I meant to quote further up! Just making a lame joke!!!
    No prob.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    Did she ever 'come out' about that?
    Nope. Other "evidence" is that she admits to having a boob job when she was around 18 and that she has admitted that she wasn't able to conceive and that adoption was her best option.

The rumor persists because she has never addressed it even in a joking way. Of course, it's none of anybody's business.

I've always thought it must be true though. Oh, and it's funny to me that Janet Leigh spoke to Musto about it because he one of the people keeping the rumor going.

I like Jamie Lee but I don't really care about her digestive health.

Thanks candle. I've always liked her too.
    Seems like there were also rumors around her name...that mom & dad chose 'Jamie' for its androgynous nature, not being sure about her actual gender identity at the time of her birth, choosing a name that could apply to either male or female down the road...

It's a tantalizing little bit of tinseltown lore, regardless!

I think she was conceived when Tony was making the movie "Some Like It Hot"... so it could be true...
    "My dixie wrecked, ... can ya help a brother out?"

I was gonna tell you where I live, then I took an arrow in the knee
    I didn't get that "I'm telling you what to do" vibe. It's more like that's what she has done and feels proud of herself. Good on her methinks.

Plus I like black. It tells people "hey, I'm a ninja" so they can watch their backs. Those that don't get it, well, they'll be dead in the morning.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/FujikoMine/Fujikos Pics/fujikogun.gif

I like her I don't care whats between her legs.
    She's a great actress too. Miss her doing movies.
    And Jaylene loves black too. Makes her feel sexy.
    Black is not whack!

By Tirdad Derakhshani
    Inquirer Staff Writer
    Jamie Lee Curtis, who has never discussed her mom, Janet Leigh, has broken her silence in More mag.
    She writes that by the time of her birth in '58, her mom's marriage with Tony Curtis was over. Jamie says Tony, then in his late 30s, publicly humiliated Janet when he "chose a 17-year-old replacement." (Tony married five more times, beginning with the young'un, Christine Kaufmann.)
    But Janet's greatest struggle wasn't with men. "The most complicated relationship [she] had, both loving and . . . cruel, was with her own body," Jamie says. "Her face was undeniably beautiful, like a shot of something strong, and her body . . . was the chaser." But as she aged, Janet was gripped by anxiety over her looks.
    Does this explain Jamie's loathing for plastic surgery? "Our dissatisfaction with what we look like has reached epidemic proportions," she writes. "Just look around you: People don't look right. Lips, eyes, hair, weaves, implants. It's a freak show.

Daughter JAMIE LEE CURTIS dishes on the conflict that drove her movie star parents TONY CURTIS and JANET LEIGH to hate and divorce!

A movie star in her own right, Jamie says she was conceived in an effort to save the couple's floundering nups.

"By the time I came along... my parents' bond had deteriorated precipitously as their stardom grew," Jamie confessed.

"And, like any other save-the- baby, I failed."

Jamie was four when her mom Janet received the heart breaking papers while on the set of a classic cold war psycho drama.

"She told me that she did the memorable scene on the train in The Manchurian Candidate the day she found out that Tony had filed for divorce."

"My mother persevered through it all and survived."
    Last edited by coconn04; 04-22-2010 at 08:50 AM.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post

If she's worried about her appearance, it might help if she didn't wear a dress that looks like she's been stuffed into a tube sock feet first...

I always loved Jamie Lee. I think she's cool, she's funny, and seems to be a level headed person that says and does what she feels. And man, she carries off that uber short hair cut like nobody's business.

My husband watches True Lies, and he loves the scene of her "pole dancing" on the bed post. He says he doesn't give a shit whether she's hermaphrodite or not, in that scene she's all woman, no doubts in his mind. Same with her topless scene in Trading Places.

Good on her for posing topless at her age, for giving up plastic surgery, and wearing whatever the hell she wants. Bravo. I hope to be that hot and secure at her age.
    Jon-Erik Hexum: 11/5/57 - 10/18/84
    How Jon-Erik stays in shape: "I should probably say lots and lots of sex. Although you don't burn up that many calories during sex. It's only like a couple hundred. I once heard somewhere that you get a lot more out of walking a mile. So you say, 'Hey, honey, how'd you like to walk a mile with me?'"
    www.TenaflyGuy.com

I heard that Activia yogurt really cleans you out. I'm afraid to try it, thankyouverymuch!
    Jon-Erik Hexum: 11/5/57 - 10/18/84
    How Jon-Erik stays in shape: "I should probably say lots and lots of sex. Although you don't burn up that many calories during sex. It's only like a couple hundred. I once heard somewhere that you get a lot more out of walking a mile. So you say, 'Hey, honey, how'd you like to walk a mile with me?'"
    www.TenaflyGuy.com

I eat Activia all the time. It doesn't affect me more than any other yogurt. I think it just keeps good bacteria down there; it doesn't act like a laxative.

Black is a forgiving color can blend away many small figure flaws as opposed to white which can be quite harsh.

Jamie Lee Curtis is going out on Interviews now to support her new Children's Book.

Here are some of her comments.
    JAMIE Lee Curtis has to be “really careful” when she’s choosing movie roles — because she doesn’t want her kids to see their mom in compromising positions.
    The actress has never been shy of revealing all on screen but has vowed to clean up her act for the sake of two children.
    “I just don’t want them to have to see me like that, whatever it is,” says Jamie Lee, 51. “The last thing I’m going to do now is go do some movie where I’m slamming up against some guy.
    “I’ve got a 14-year-old son. He does not want to see his mommy doing that. So I have to be really careful about what I’m bringing into my family.”
    Curtis — who is the face of Activia in the US — recently revealed that people often approach her to tell her about their bowel movements.
    “I have a job where I advertise yogurt that makes you poop,” she said earlier this month. “Now people tell me about their bowel movements every day.
    “I never in my life thought that would happen when I first was asked by this company, Activia, Dannon, to be their representative.
    “I go out now and talk about bowel movements and about how people’s digestive tracts work. But it has turned out to be the most fun thing.”

In this interview she actually says that Betty White is over-rated.

Betty White may be 88 years old but that doesn't mean she can't stir the jealousies of her younger female peers. On the Today show Tuesday, Jamie Lee Curtis appeared with co-hosts Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb to hawk her new children's book, My Mommy Hung the Moon. When Gifford noted that Betty White has two books coming up, Curtis smirked "You know, she's not that funny."

It sounded like a joke until Curtis persisted.

"Anytime Betty White walks into a room hilarity ensues," deadpanned Curtis. "I mean her eyes are blue but..."
    "That's really about it," added Kotb.
    "No I think maybe even overrated would be a word for Betty White," Curtis said.
    Trying to sugar coat the put-down, Giffered offered, "Overexposed perhaps?"
    "Oh definitely," Curtis said with relish.

Of course, Curtis can't be faulted for saying what's on everybody's mind. But ripping on Betty White's blue eye-shadow? The lady's pushing 90 for crying out loud. Bad form.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

i saw her on joy behar (last night?) and after that spread she did sans makeup, etc. she has had major work done---good work, but just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    i saw her on joy behar (last night?) and after that spread she did sans makeup, etc. she has had major work done---good work, but just sayin'.

This is also another topic she is addressing. She became addicted to pain killers from having cosmetic surgery done. I think she gets botox and some other non evasive stuff.

This week there were stories about Jane Fonda getting work done. I get her bog and she talked about that weeks ago. Jane said she swore off getting work a few years ago. Never say never. Vanity steps in. Here is Jaime Talking about her addictions.

Jamie Lee Curtis credits her recovery from painkiller addiction - which started after she began to have plastic surgery - as the ''greatest accomplishment'' of her life.

Jamie Lee Curtis regards her recovery from painkiller addiction as the "greatest accomplishment" of her life.

The US actress - who previously admitted she became dependant on prescription medicine aged 35 following cosmetic surgery on her eyes - thinks her life would have "fallen apart" if she had not beaten her problem.

She told 'The Today Show': "My recovery is the single greatest accomplishment of my life. And without that, the rest of my life would have fallen apart.

"Recovery and motherhood are the two single greatest things in my life."

The 'Freaky Friday' actress also singled out Robert Downey Jr. - whose drug fuelled younger days almost led to his career being irredeemably wrecked - as another example of someone coming back from the brink.

She added: "Robert Downey Jr. was in prison for a year. And he is not only the greatest movie star in the world, he's a fantastic representative of someone who can repair the damage of their life."

The 51-year-old star - who has adopted children Anne, 24, and Thomas, 15, with her husband Christopher Guest - also admitted she used to drink to battle her loneliness and turned to plastic surgery when her body started to change shape as she grew older.

Jamie wrote in more detail of the problems her addiction caused in the wake of pop star Michael Jackson's death in June 2009 - from acute Propofol intoxication, although pathologists found a number of different prescription drugs in his system.

She wrote: "I too found painkillers after a routine cosmetic surgical procedure and I too became addicted, the morphine becomes the warm bath from which to escape painful reality.

"I was a lucky one. I was able to see that the pain had started long ago and far away and that finding the narcotic was merely a matter of time."

Jamie has now been sober for over 10 years

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/n...-recovery.html

Edna St. Vincent Millay

I met Jamie a few years when she was signing her children's book. I remember one man who was in front of me told Jamie he loved "Halloween" and he lets his 2 year old watch it. James looked shocked. She just shook her head, and didn't say anything to the man. I told Jamie I enjoyed her work and I appreciate her for sticking up for human and animal rights. She told me I would be shocked at the animals actors and actresses leave abandond when all they wanted was for the cute little puppy to be part of their attention, but will later on abandon them.

Lady in red: Jamie Lee Curtis wore an elegant scarlet dress to an American Red Cross gala on Saturday night in Santa Monica, California

Her skin glowed and her hair was cut into a trendy short style.

The star was awarded the American Red Cross Crystal Cross Humanitarian Award during the gala.

The group singled Curtis out for her role in its campaigns encouraging the public to be prepared for possible disasters.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz1sthSzWhO
    Last edited by coconn04; 04-24-2012 at 06:53 AM.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

She may have had some work done, but it is natural looking and not over the top. That is a great picture of her.
    http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/530795_481271845246726_1189858655_n.jpg

She looks fantastic and not fake - good for her

I remember guys always going nuts over her boobs, but I never thought she was all that attractive, but she has grown older very gracefully - I hope I can do the same. I am not that far behind her LOL!
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

Well, there you have it (see black/white clothing discussion upthread). She looks beautiful in any color. But she sure looks fantastic in red!
    I'm glad someone mentioned the movie True Lies - forgot about that one. But nobody's mentioned A Fish Called Wanda. One of my favorite comedies ever. And if you don't think she's a sexy woman, your opinion will probably change after seeing the movie!
    "I like my big old granny panties, but I don't want them big enough to bunch up and make it look like I shit my pants." - Mammy

I absolutely LOVE this woman. That is all... lol

Then there was "Perfect"...she was an aerobics instructor. Mer-say. She and Marilu Henner in that film...I lived for the workout scenes.
    Peel The Reel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKKeVtWDEPw

Steed: "If I'm not back by eleven-thirty, I'll stay for breakfast." Mrs. Peel: "You don't eat breakfast."

Just watched her in NCIS. She still looks damn good!
    “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.”

How far would you drive to rock in another man's grave?- Love/Hate, Happy Hour