Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dayna Kempson Schacht's deadly car crash

Unhappy Dayna Kempson Schacht's deadly car crash

Saw this story this morning on the news

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6971385.shtml

It was sent to the family of the dead woman.....and I thought of Nikki Catsouras....
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

In the comments section check out the one by JackPenn. (sigh)

Took me a second to figure out what an "arsenes" is.

Is it too soon to ask where to see it?
    Who loves not a false imagining, an unreal character in us; but looking through all the rubbish of our imperfections, loves in us the divine ideal of our natures - not the man that we are, but the angel that we may be.” ~Tennyson
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    I was wondering the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    I thought the same thing.....but I could not find anything.....but then again I didn't search too long.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

That was pretty crappy of the firefighter. I hope the parents dont get any pictures later on.

Didn't see this thread at first, so I had commented on the other one someone had posted. The hag in me was hoping to see the video. But thats really sorry that someone sent the video to her family. Wonder why the firefighter recorded it in the first place.

Link, please.....

I wanna c it too! that is awful for the parents, I couldnt imagine, but the hag in me is curious..

Okay so does no one have the video?

I searched around but didn't find any valid links

What fresh hell is this ? ~ Dorothy Parker

]

I have been searching all day. But I know you guys are pros on here so I figured you guys would find it before me!!

I searched too..no luck

Don't know why I want to see it, but I do. I also immediately thought of Nikki Catsouras.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Mulhenny View Post
    Don't know why I want to see it, but I do. I also immediately thought of Nikki Catsouras.
    Jenny! Where ya' been hiding, girl?

Someone must have saved the video ~ I can't find it either. I do feel bad for the parents, the person should have TOLD them this video was out there before just sending it to them. At least that way they would have the option to watch it or not.
    My Posse's On Broadway

I could of sworn I read it was someone in another car that video the accident as it was happening. But I could be wrong.

I just heard about this, I thought for sure the video would be linked here! I can't find it anywhere.
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

I've looked and I can't find it, either.
    "The present state of the world and the whole of life is diseased. If I were a doctor and were asked for my advice, I should reply, 'Create silence'."
    -- Soren Kierkegaard

Geez, what's happened to the crackpot team at fad?

I saw this on nbc news, they said they were using the vid for training, it was somehow? sent to the parents and the authorities mananged to pull it before it spread. That I doubt, I'm still looking.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plan.

RIP DADDY 1/17/1925 - 5/26/2011
    RIP Momma 4/12/1930-5/13/2014

County investigating accident video

The Spalding County government issued the following release dealing with the videotaping of a woman who died in a July car accident:

On July 17, 2010, Dayna Kempson-Schacht was killed in a tragic accident in Spalding County. Several agencies responded to the accident, including the Georgia State Patrol, the Spalding County Sheriff’s Office, Emergency Medical Services and the Spalding County Fire Department. A firefighter who was part of one of the last groups of rescue units to arrive on scene used a personal cell phone to record a short video of the accident scene and of Kempson-Schacht’s body. The video was recorded after the initial responders had determined she had been killed on impact and there was nothing that could be done for her. Later, that video was shared with other firefighters and ultimately with people outside of the department including Kempson-Schacht’s parents.

Spalding County considers the taking of the video and sharing it in this circumstance to be, at minimum, a grave error in judgment. County officials want a full assessment of whether any laws, ordinances or policies may have been violated. The person who recorded the video has been placed on investigatory suspension and the Board of Commissioners has hired an outside firm to conduct a full investigation into the incident. After this evaluation is completed the board and county administration will take appropriate action.

A report of the investigation should be ready for presentation to the board at a special called meeting scheduled for Monday, Oct. 25, 2010. The report will be presented in closed session, but information about the results of the investigation is planned to be released on Tuesday.

This happened in the town where I work. I ride by the crosses almost everyday and wondered who was killed there. This def puts being a death hag in a new light. I do not know this family or anyone else involved and think it is very disrespectful to take a video for the purpose of sharing with friends. If it were an actual training video it might be easier to accept. I do believe there should be some sort of privacy laws where the family is concerned. I do see some type of lawsuit coming out of this. At the very least, I believe the firefighter should be relieved of duty.

When I was in high school and of age to get my license, the school had EMTs come in and give us a presentation. They showed us all sorts of gruesome photos of accident victims. If the county had had the money for a camcorder, I'm sure they would have used video, instead. It made me not want to have anything to do with drinking and driving, that's for sure! Who knew an underwired bra could cause that much of an injury???

They Are The Cause

Quote Originally Posted by orionova View Post
    When I was in high school and of age to get my license, the school had EMTs come in and give us a presentation. They showed us all sorts of gruesome photos of accident victims. If the county had had the money for a camcorder, I'm sure they would have used video, instead. It made me not want to have anything to do with drinking and driving, that's for sure! Who knew an underwired bra could cause that much of an injury???
    They love to show crashes. When their stupid policies and laws are the direct cause. Why doesn't this government work on passing intelligent laws and enforcing regulations to prevent this needless slaughter. 38 thousand Americans dead each year. Over 250 thousand dead because of these stupid ass cars since 9-11. 9-11 we lost 3 thousand. How can Americans accept the fact that we have lost over 250 thousand American citizens and a lot of them young people with many productive years left , since Sep. 11, 2001, because of these damn cars. This is unacceptable.
    Life Is A Horror Movie And At The End We Say "What The Hell Was That All About " ?

Mine did too!!! That may have been the spark that got the death hag in me going...

Quote Originally Posted by james1977 View Post
    They love to show crashes. When their stupid policies and laws are the direct cause. Why doesn't this government work on passing intelligent laws and enforcing regulations to prevent this needless slaughter. 38 thousand Americans dead each year. Over 250 thousand dead because of these stupid ass cars since 9-11. 9-11 we lost 3 thousand. How can Americans accept the fact that we have lost over 250 thousand American citizens and a lot of them young people with many productive years left , since Sep. 11, 2001, because of these damn cars. This is unacceptable.
    It's not the cars it's the stupid ass people who drive them. There's plenty of speed limit signs everywhere but nobody really pays attention to them. People are driving to fast or their inexperience or they are flat out drunk when the get behind the wheel. JMHO

I agree trish. When you drink and then drive this shit happens. Or when you text while driving. Or just not paying attention. I think it is good for teenagers to see these videos and pictures. I know when I was a teen, I never thought I could be hurt that way. It always happens to others is what I always thought. Im scared to death when I get behind a car that is weaving around, my first thought, oh crap they are drunk..get far away from that car.

Quote Originally Posted by james1977 View Post
    So what do you want to do? Make them out of bubble wrap?

Who knew an underwired bra could cause that much of an injury???
    Okay now that statement has me interested?! What kind of injury did it cause???

Quote Originally Posted by *sarah* View Post
    Okay now that statement has me interested?! What kind of injury did it cause???
    They showed a picture of a woman who had her breast almost amputated due to the underwire.

*sigh* I followed the link that someone on the Nikki Catsouras thread posted about this case, and sure enough, 2 different people in the comments mentioned a website that supposedly has the video: http://www.daynakempsoncrash.com . It does seem to be a working website, but I immediately also got all kinds of popups in spite of blocking popups, and I don't want to see it anyway, but if you guys want to check it out, well... *cringe*

I couldnt get it to work.. If anone else can, let me know and Ill try again.. It just kept loading,and when I tried to push play it brought me to a celeb gossip site.

http://www.griffindailynews.com/view...news_top_story

It's about to get ugly!! Now they are saying they can't be sure if the accused took the video, it may have been someone else. This town is not happy with the firefighter.

Dayna Kempson Schact

I ran a search for this name on the forum and found nothing. I discovered the article in a local newspaper and, thinking it was Nicky Catsouras, was surprised to note that in actuality it wasn't--the case simply has some eerily similarities. Video was taken by a firefighter on the scene of the July 17, 2009 gruesome crash, including the supposedly decapitated woman, and distributed on the internet, eventually making its way to the victims parents. Here is the article, but I cannot find the video itself:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101222/...er_crash_video
    (I found only a snippet of the original video, where someone exclaims, "Look, here's a piece of her skull on the cement!", so I would imagine that it is rather gruesome).

Supposedly the video was uploaded to a private blog, which is no longer in existence.
    I have to say that I would love to see the video, but cannot fathom the sick actions of others who sent the pictures to parents, who now cannot get the images out of their heads. (No pun intended). Not only were they sent to their email, they were also texted to the horrified parents, and one of her family members is afraid to use computers because they said that at some point in time, they know that someone will send the pictures to them and that they might open them unwittingly. They said that their memories of her are very wonderful and they have no desire to see her as she was after the accident.
    (If a thread has already been started, please feel free to merge--I ran a check on her full name and nothing came up).

Thanks so much, ichabodius, and I apologize--I wonder why nothing showed when I typed in the full name? Is there a way for me to delete this?

Quote Originally Posted by SinKittyVixen View Post
    I wanna c it too! that is awful for the parents, I couldnt imagine, but the hag in me is curious..
    A couple of you guys are famous...your post (and the post right below it) were shown last night on 20/20.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/253257/abc...011#s-p1-so-i0

findadeath.com shows up at about 37:25.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by girlrilla View Post
    A couple of you guys are famous...your post (and the post right below it) were shown last night on 20/20.

You beat me to it!
    This show had a segment about the family of Dayna Kempson and people online who like to look at gory pics and videos, apparently these people are called trolls (great research 20/20). They never mentioned findadeath by name, they did use the above screen capture images while talking about the people who like to see crime scene types of images. When they used the wonderfully pixelated images (sarcasm alert) I was really pissed off. We talk about these videos, and will post links to gruesome videos and pics, but they painted us almost as people who sit around and masturbate to crime scene videos.
    The guy who took the video was a first responder, he took it on his own personal cell phone and posted it online. So the parents are whining about it. I'm sure the other first responders took pics or videos, it's now standard evidence gathering, but they don't post it online. Had there been a crime comitted, it may have been shown in court or to highschool kids for drivers ed or to people who have gotten a DUI. My sister was killed by a drunk driver, if the images of her dead in her car save someone elses life, then I'm ok with it. But I would never want to see her that way. But I'm not spending my spare time watching car crash videos.
    What are other people's thoughts feelings on this subject and the above video? (the 20/20 one)
    Are you a badfish too?

Is there another link. We Canadians can't view it.

Maybe check out ABC's website and look for recent episodes of 20/20. I can't remember the title of the show, but it was about internet romance scams, gossip websites and gouls on the internet. ( sorry I don't have more info).
    Are you a badfish too?

Thanks, I'll have a look.

I saw parts of this show.

Apparently we are ghouls, so said that show.

I wonder what death hag that is??

Oh Crap!

It's SinKittyVixen, Lmao!

And Erica Neese.
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 06-27-2011 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SinKittyVixen View Post
    Bump!

I still can't find it ;(

I just watched 20/20. We are "trolls" not hags, according to their "scientific" research, and we are almost all sexually frustrated men between the ages of 18-34, hunched over our keyboards in the basement. If ABC thought the Nikki Catsouras photos were inappropriate, why show any of them, even the wrecked-car only ones? And if their "expert" thought Nikki was bad, he should see the Momonas...

I do understand the point Dayna's parents were trying to make, and I am very sorry for their loss. It's bad enough for photos of your dead child to be all over the internet, but to know that a first responder (who is now working in a stereo store) took them, is a betrayal. It probably happens all the time, but most first responders would have (I hope) more respect than to immediately sling the photos everywhere. It also humanizes a person when you see their relatives in so much pain, and I'm probably less likely to want to see the video if it does surface.

Quote Originally Posted by girlrilla View Post

I like how they only highlighted the 'I want 2 c it too' part, and not the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxyMillions View Post
    I just watched 20/20. We are "trolls" not hags, according to their "scientific" research, and we are almost all sexually frustrated men between the ages of 18-34, hunched over our keyboards in the basement.
    If I don't fit the profile, does that mean I have to stop being a death hag?
    "The present state of the world and the whole of life is diseased. If I were a doctor and were asked for my advice, I should reply, 'Create silence'."
    -- Soren Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Cat Lady View Post
    If I don't fit the profile, does that mean I have to stop being a death hag?
    The scientific research was conducted at HappyDale.