Page 1 of 27 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC-Show)

Guest Guest

The Walking Dead (AMC-Show)

This Sunday night (Halloween) "The Walking Dead" created by Robert Kirkman and adapted from a comic book will premier on AMC..check your local listings!

Frank Darabont..Director of such fine films as The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile is the Director

The Walking Dead is a continuing story following a group of survivors in the wake of a Zombie Apocalypse...I love Zombie movies and you usually see the survivors get rescued or escape but to where? what happens then? This graphic novel was started by Robert literally in his garage and over the last few years has taken off as one of the BEST continuing sagas ever written...my son's dad owns a comic book shop and I had the pleasure of meeting Robert early on in the success of his graphic novel and am super excited for this new series...Check it out on Halloween Night on AMC!!!

Been waiting for this

We are getting ribs and other chunks of meat to celebrate!

It starts on Bonfire night in the UK. I cant wait to watch it, I love zombies !

I'm going to try to see it. I'm not big on Zombies, though. For some reason they make me snicker. But I love me some survivalist movies, group or individual fleeing from cops, hitmen, whatever.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

Cool

can't wait to watch this tonight!!!!

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

Thanks for the tip, hubs will want to watch this.
    His latest gig is 1000 Ways to Die. Could he be turning into a death hag?

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I'm going to try to see it. I'm not big on Zombies, though. For some reason they make me snicker. But I love me some survivalist movies, group or individual fleeing from cops, hitmen, whatever.

You know, the zombies are really a set up, background and common enemy, but the relationships of the characters is what makes WD so good. Nobody is special in this story. Everybody is up for the grim reaper.

Sounds like death hag heaven.

I'll have to DVR it for later, since the football game is on tonight.
    Ive been very fortunate to play this long, been a part of a lot of good organizations, played with a lot of great players, so, it means a lot to me. ~ Paul Martin on playing his 800th NHL game, December 2, 2016.

It's an awesome show! Beautifully don all the way around. Too bad the first season will only be 6 episodes. Love it that they sent the extras to "Zombie School" so they'd be more, um, realistic LOL.

I loved watching the show tonight. George Remero watch out. Also I'm glad these are the walking type of Zombies.

The first one was good. Its not just about being chased and eaten by zombies. Dealing with a loved one thats zombiefied would be hell.
    "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" Pericles

Watched last night....thought it was really good.
    Nice way to finish off Halloween night.

There was a pilot that did not get picked up a couple of years ago for ABC called Babylon Fields with Amber Tamblyn. My better half was in the pilot and I remember it well because it was Passover and we decided to meet at a family seder and she showed up still in zombie makeup with caked grave dirt on her outfit. She was a hit with every little kid there, the adults not so much!.
    We will have to check this show out.
    regards,
    Mary

Guest Guest
    well how is this for suckage...I MISSED the premier episode!!!! I gave my son his belated birthday party yesterday..then took him and his party guests to the harvest party..then trick or treating..but the time we got home at about 8:30 and I finished showering..I got into bed and fell right to sleep...I had to be up at 3 am for work too...so I missed it and I'm PO'd about it...lol...waiting for the epi to show up on ON DEMAND...my work just switched me from graveyard shifts to day shifts starting today...and I'll have to work every monday morning from here on out..so it looks like I'm going to have to break down and get DVR service so I never miss an episode again..so far everything I've heard about it...the show is fantastic and I can't wait to see it!

The first episode is airing again this week, Friday through Sunday:

http://blogs.amctv.com/search/?t=SCH...e+walking+dead

I only caught a few minutes of this, but guessed they'd run it again. I will definitely DVR it this week.

Also, can I just say "hummina, hummina" to Andrew Lincoln, who played the sherriff guy? He's absolutely gorgeous, and has been a favorite of mine since I saw him in "Love Actually". He's a Brit, but does a pretty good American accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrinawitch View Post
    Also, can I just say "hummina, hummina" to Andrew Lincoln, who played the sherriff guy? He's absolutely gorgeous, and has been a favorite of mine since I saw him in "Love Actually". He's a Brit, but does a pretty good American accent.
    Yeah, he's pretty "hummina"!
    I think his accent is flawless, personally. British actors generally do better American accents than Americans do British accents, at least to my Yankee ears. There are exceptions on both those.

I thought the show was fantastic. I've seen a bit of the comic book and I thought they captured the spirit of the comic without doing a complete recreation and stamping their own style on it. The father and son dealing with the mother as the walking dead was really wrenching. I'm certainly going to keep watching!

Did anyone else try to enter the contest for a walk-on/stagger-on/shamble-on part? I tried a few times but couldn't get my entry to go through. Looked like the server got overloaded.

Loved it. Absolutely loved it. This will hold me over nicely until "Big Love" premieres its final season.

I also liked his accent as well and found out that the comic book places the character in Cynthiana, KY. Not too far off. I did call him Deputy Dumbass a couple of times, though. LOL!

Watched the first show last night and loved it! It had some good scary moments and good zombies too. I also love Andrew Lincoln, very dreamy indeed. I can't wait for the rest of the season now.

Sticky note on the computer so I don't piss myself off by forgetting tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Sticky note on the computer so I don't piss myself off by forgetting tomorrow
    AMC usually reruns the show several times just in case you miss it again

Guest Guest
    k on demand finally posted the episode and I watched it...about 6 times...YES this show is AWESOME! Love it..and since I know it will be on demand within a few days of the episode airing I don't have to stay up until 10 tonight to watch..I get up at 3 am for work...loved the scene with Morgan and his struggle to put her down still not being able to do it...loved the ending..hey dumbass..yeah you in the tank...FABULOUS! so far it's following the actual graphic novel very nicely...I know for fact there will be things in the novel that will never be on the show and some of those things are find by me..but dang Frank Darabont captured the vibe and vision of the books...so far I've not had anyone say anything negative...it's graphic but not that gruesome..yet...LOVES IT!

Quote Originally Posted by SueWahoo View Post
    AMC usually reruns the show several times just in case you miss it again

And I did. I fell asleep
    Have to catch a replay.

The only scene I hate thus far is the one with the horse. I hid my eyes and then waited till my BF said it was safe to watch again.

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    The only scene I hate thus far is the one with the horse. I hid my eyes and then waited till my BF said it was safe to watch again.
    That scene was hard for me too. "Aww hell no! Not the horse!". I was wondering why we didn't see any dogs or cats roaming the Georgia countryside. I guess the zombies got hungry.

Walking Dead

is about to come on...
    who's watching?

I am! This is a wonderful show!
    Redkatrampant is a hookery hooker living in the hookeriest hookerdom that all hookers ever hooked.
    That is all. ~ LMP

Sorry, never heard of it. I'll have to look for it. What station is it on?
    I fear you are underestimating the sneakiness.

AMC, Sundays. Zombie goodness.
    Redkatrampant is a hookery hooker living in the hookeriest hookerdom that all hookers ever hooked.
    That is all. ~ LMP

Ok thanks! I'll have to check it out.

Love that show....Zombie goodness indeed!

I LOVE this show!!! I loved Lennie Jones from Jericho and he's the same kind of guy on this show. You can never go wrong with ZOMBIES!!!

God I miss Jericho!

Loved it. The first three episodes were FANTASTIC. Five Stars...

I thought we were the walking dead.

I love this series. Forget Madmen and Rubicon, amc finally got it right with The Walking Dead. Lots of kewl undead hanging out in downtown Atlanta. I think theres maybe 3 more episodes of it.

I know BlondeMafia is a huge Dexter fan AND a giant fan of True Blood (both of which I adore and never miss) so I gotta think I'd like this one, too!

I can never get enough of zombies. I love them in games (Resident Evil, Dead Rising etc..), in movies etc. They are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    I know BlondeMafia is a huge Dexter fan AND a giant fan of True Blood (both of which I adore and never miss) so I gotta think I'd like this one, too!

You got it kiddo, its an A+++++++ series and they just ordered season 2! w00t for Zombies.
    That is all. ~ LMP

Quote Originally Posted by blondemafia76 View Post
    You got it kiddo, its an A+++++++ series and they just ordered season 2! w00t for Zombies.
    Just DL epi 3 last night.....awesome!....but alas I am a week behind all you cable havers....(I so need to climb on the roof and run some cable)

The only drawback of this is they have yet to show someone get eaten by the undead

Zombie shows make me giggle. I don't know why.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

So Gene downloaded the first three epis and we watched all three of them last night - this is fabuluous! So campy and over the top! When the cop was chopping up that "organ donor" so they could wear his guts, we were LOLing over the others' reactions. Absolutely has potential to be a great show! Mandy, did they say why everyone turned into zombies? The scene when he woke up in the hospital reminded me alot of "28 Days Later".

Episode 3 was a bit of a disappointment for me. I know they have to get in to personality development with the characters, but that needless drama about her screwing that guy once in the middle of an Armageddon when she assumed (with confidence) that he was dead... it seems like sane people would be able to talk that out.

AND - this was the biggie - why did that guy saw off his hand when he could have sawed off the handcuffs?

They still have not said!!!! Its a mystery...
    That is all. ~ LMP

Guest Guest
    Scott...I'm right there with ya!

the character of Merle and the roof scene did not exist in the graphic novel..so I'm confused as to this characters significance at this point...I'm thinking he may actually become a character that is in the novel...my only reasoning for him sawing off his hand is delirium...he was exposed to heat..stress..coming off of cocaine and based on the opening scene was delirious...I have to give it to casting...casting Michael Rooker to play this drugged out redneck was great..but again I agree...character development aside...get on with the story! The scene in the tent dragged out waaaay too long...and the angst of their affair is being huffed up more IMO than the situation of it should be...she thought he was dead...she "says" Shane lied to her...how? Did he literally tell her he saw Rick's body..or did he just assume once the hospital was taken over that his friend was dead? This hasn't been clarified..did he just assume Rick was gone or did he know that Rick was alive and just left him there when all hell broke loose? to me..the bigger issue should be...Lori sure was quick once believing her husband to be dead to spread them for Shane..I understand that under those sort of circumstances needing comfort but her anger I think is misplaced..she's got the guilt now that Rick is back and knowing the outcome in the books..which I will not spoil for the group here...she's got a lot of explaining to do!

Tonight's episode was written by the creator of The Walking Dead..Robert Kirkman..I'm hoping to actually see the meat of this series truly shown with him as writer..he knows these people better than anyone..he created them and I hope that it shows tonight..as excited I was to hear this series was coming to TV..the current writing is losing me...that and the lack of Zombie action! I need more head shots! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    Episode 3 was a bit of a disappointment for me. I know they have to get in to personality development with the characters, but that needless drama about her screwing that guy once in the middle of an Armageddon when she assumed (with confidence) that he was dead... it seems like sane people would be able to talk that out.

AND - this was the biggie - why did that guy saw off his hand when he could have sawed off the handcuffs?
    or even saw through the pipe!! either choice would've been smarter than sawing through his f'n hand!!!

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

Guest Guest
    especially with a hack saw...um it's designed to cut dense objects not soft...the teeth are small..not self cleaning..think about cutting through meat..you would have to clean the blade every few strokes as opposed to sawing metal...the only thing I can come up with is is that his hand? and furthermore..where did he go? Did the zombies carry him away? we know the door was not busted through since the rescuers had to cut the chain..did he climb down a ladder? or maybe did that helicopter Rick saw pick him up? we know the zombies didn't get a hold of him because he would have been torn to bits and pieces and the blood would have been everywhere...could he have wrestled his hand out of the cuff..cut off a zombies hand and left it there to make them believe he was dead...nah...he had no way of knowing they'd be back for him...so yeah he cuts off his own hand...now..where did he go????

where ever he is..he's PISSED!

I guess he just threw the zombies a little finger food and got away.

Well, at least they acknowledged it tonight, saying the blade was too dull. Still makes no sense, as there wasn't even an attempt on the handcuffs. Excellent attack at the end!