Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC-Show)

Guest Guest
    much better writing this episode...hoping Robert Kirkman just writes them all from now on!

yes the attack was something else! Glad that Ed got eaten..wife beating piece of shit! lol...sorry that Amy did though..was surprised they killed her off so quickly but that will allow Andrea's character to grow faster!

I think Merle somehow led those zombies back to the camp...some on the AMC board think they followed the alarm from the previous days but I think that redneck got his revenge..and isn't done yet!

loved the Vatos...I like how RK threw in that stereotype just to show that all isn't what it appears to be...think the show is finally picking up momentum but can't imagine how they will keep the viewers if we have to wait an entire YEAR for the 2nd season...hopefully they will throw us teaser episodes once the 1st season ends...sorta like LOST did..3 month hiatus then 5 or 6 episodes then another hiatus..I cannot imagine having to wait until October 31st of 2011 for them to pick it back up!

There was a min-series on IFC a few weeks ago called Deadset. It was a British miniseries and these folks were shooting an episode of Big Brother and a zombie outbreak led to some of the cast being trapped inside the soundstage while others were trying to get to loved one on the crew or something. It only 5 episodes and had a rather not-so-happy ending but it was well done..just like Walking Dead is...love the show so far. Have some catching up to do on the episodes though.

Deadset sounds interesting - it must be filmed "video" style like BB is, correct?

It was at first but after the Zombie outbreak, there was more interaction with each of the initial survivors wherever they happened to be. Once the zombies overtook the studio the cast of Big Brother were basically stuck in the "house" until they realized 2 or 3 episodes in what was going on. I liked it. Each episode was only about 30 minutes and the zombies were pretty cool looking..not cheesy..and the bastards could run to get your ass.

Guest Guest
    oooh I've heard about Deadset...so are they "zombies" or do they have the "rage virus" like in 28 days??? I'm a purest..."running zombies" bug me...I go with the logic if they are freshly dead then maybe yeah..they can run or even climb fences (episode 2 of TWD..hmm) but once those stinkers have been dead for awhile muscles break down and with a food supply that is running low..they weaken

I watched last nights TWD again and yes by far the BEST yet..it was written by Robert Kirkman and he just needs to continue to write these episodes..he kept it going at a more equal pace than the other episodes...it had the right about of Zombie gore and humanity...we needed more head shots!

What got me was that I figured if your bitten, scratched or touch the blood of a zombie, you become one. Amy just died. hmm

Hey, has anybody regestered for the drawing to have a stagger-on role as a zombie ?
    Last edited by Forever-27; 11-22-2010 at 02:35 PM.

Nope; haven't registered - have no time to go to "Zombie School" -

Hey, how come they have that zombie leg-draggin' thing going on sometimes, but then sometimes they can run?

I loved last night's episode. They had me thinking Merle was attacking camp for a second there. I love how gory it is sucks that there are only two episodes left and we will be waiting for new episodes for a year.
    His name was Jason and today is his birthday.

Amy died because she bled out first. The others that become, are just fluid exchanges I gather. A bite that doesnt kill I guess?

Last night was an AWESOME Epi. Vatos, indeed.
    Redkatrampant is a hookery hooker living in the hookeriest hookerdom that all hookers ever hooked.
    That is all. ~ LMP

I'm with you, Dearheart. I'm positive Merle had something to do with the attack.

Guest Guest
    my son's father owns a comic book shop...and he knows Robert Kirkman..he's had him at his shop for signings...so I sorta have an inside but not really...Robert tells no one NOTHING..he's good at keeping secrets and as much as I want to know what's going to happen next...no one is getting anything outta this guy

so...my theory

The Character of Merle..becomes The Governor...he's just hateful enough to pull that off..and besides if you got Michael Rooker for your show would you want to kill him off quickly? I think not!

Next weeks preview shows someone viewing our survivors from a security camera..my bet..it's Merle...Rick is screaming "you're killin us!" they end up leaving and end up at the Prison is my bet...btw if you've never read the GN's you should get them! I sat down one day and read 6 GN'S in succession..I could not put them down!

sorry for giving away spoilers of the GN..but this show has already done a few things that have not been in the books and left out things that were...so my theories are just that theories..none of the stuff I have mentioned from the GN's may even be in the show..how cool if they are though!

I just started watching it tonight, thank goodness for DVR!!! on episode 3 needed a little break though
    "A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere."
    Groucho Marx

Guest Guest
    episode 3 was my least favorite episode just because the dialogue just dragggggggged on..opening scene and closing GREAT..everything in the middle..blah!

episode 4..my favorite so far..but I'm hyped for the next then the 6th and then apparently a year long hiatus? that will never work...we're hoping for mini seasons like they did with LOST because if not for that..they may just lose me! at the very least they should throw us a 2 hour show on Morgan and Duane to keep us on edge for the next season to start

Quote Originally Posted by TIMB1967 View Post
    It was at first but after the Zombie outbreak, there was more interaction with each of the initial survivors wherever they happened to be. Once the zombies overtook the studio the cast of Big Brother were basically stuck in the "house" until they realized 2 or 3 episodes in what was going on. I liked it. Each episode was only about 30 minutes and the zombies were pretty cool looking..not cheesy..and the bastards could run to get your ass.
    Just watched episode one of Dead Set. Holy hell. Zombie shit scares me to death, and this was right up there. Yeah, fast moving - not purist zombies - but the intensity is there. Seeing Davina go rabid was a riot

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    Just watched episode one of Dead Set. Holy hell. Zombie shit scares me to death, and this was right up there. Yeah, fast moving - not purist zombies - but the intensity is there. Seeing Davina go rabid was a riot
    Zombie Davina is amazing. I loved Dead Set, it was so good. I am also hooked onto The Walking Dead, it's great.

I worked on "The Mist" and found Mr. Darabont to be a congenial, hands-on director.
    Looking forward to seeing his take on zombies in 'The Walking Dead!'

Haha, viewing this thread is compelling me to youtube Leslie Hall's "Zombie Killer Revisited" video. (Complete with guest vocal by Elvira, Mistress of the Dark.)
    If you're not familiar with Miss Hall, the original version is a sparkly gem, as is her other work...

If you like "Walking Dead", STARZ is running the "Crazies" at several times over the next two weeks. "Crazies", a Feb 2010 release, stars Timothy Olyphant and Radha Mitchell, two people caught up in the madness following a toxic chemical release in their small town.

I liked it The end was a little too close to Dawn of the Dead, but all in all a decent zombie movie. It doesn't have all the problems that Walking Dead does IMO.

I love love love love love love this show. Im so glad they decided to pick up another season.
    LOVE IT!!
    Redkatrampant is a hookery hooker living in the hookeriest hookerdom that all hookers ever hooked.
    That is all. ~ LMP

Watching...now!
    My hubby's hooked!

I hope they bring this show back in the spring, I can't wait a whole year for it to come on again!! This is a great show. Just watched the next to the last episode. Great zombie effects and story subplots to it as well?

Guest Guest
    watching replay of last weeks episode and then tonights in about 15 minutes...I've watched epi 3 Vatos several times and really hope that during the hiatus of the show that they feed us back stories or at least follow Morgan and Duane and the Vatos' stories until the new season starts

everyone on the amc website is picking apart the series over the stupidest things...one guy in particular who fancies himself a GI JOE EX RAMBO..that's his handle EX RAMBO..goes on and on about how people would realistically survive..using the same skills he would use...lol...what a boring show it would be if everyone had these fantastical survival skills...I like that there are weak and helpless people on this show..because to me that is more realistic

tick tock can't wait to see this weeks episode!

Haven't seen tonight's yet either, but I read that Entertainment Weekly calls it the Best New Show on TVhttp://popwatch.ew.com/2010/11/27/wa...otero-kirkman/

Guest Guest
    episode was awesome Scott..and I concur...it is the best new show on TV what other options do we have?

it's going to be hard after next week to be expected to wait an entire year for the new season..I hope they feed us more..either with the other survivors..or maybe mini season's like they did with LOST..I fear if they don't they will lose a lot of their audience before the 2nd season is scheduled to start

I'll check in after I watch this last episode

I did manage to see the pilot episode and MAN, this show is GREAT!
    IMHO, it was really less like a tv show and more like a film. Beautifully shot!

Guest Guest
    Thank Frank Darabont for that!

He directed Shawshank Redemption...The Mist...The Green Mile...just to name a few!

if you have ON DEMAND..the episodes are there for free look under TV series T-Z and look up THE WALKING DEAD..pretty sure the 1st episode is now gone but the following ones are available!

I have that EW but haven't gotten to read it yet.

They MUST bring this back before next Halloween. My God, that's a long time to wait. I soooooooo want to win a stagger on role, but I couldn't even manage an hour and a half drive to get George Romero's autograph a few weeks ago. Le sigh.

Love it!!! My friend is sending me episodes 4 and 5 in the mail tomorrow... The graphic novels are awesome, too.

NEVERMIND! i found it on demand finally!!
    i have seen episode 1 & 2. recorded 5 & 6 but can not find 3 anywhere! damnit!

anyone know of a website that i can view episode 3 so that i can catch up and watch my recorded episodes? i am in love with this new show
    Last edited by newsocks; 12-03-2010 at 08:44 PM.
    - chelle

♥ etsy shop: Old Lady Rose

So am I all caught up? I have watched up till they arrive at the CDC and the guy inside lets them in. The first epsiode I watched was the one when the sheriff dude is stuck in the tank and the Asian guy gets him out. How many epsiodes have I missed? I know at least 1.

I was gonna tell you where I live, then I took an arrow in the knee
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    So am I all caught up? I have watched up till they arrive at the CDC and the guy inside lets them in. The first epsiode I watched was the one when the sheriff dude is stuck in the tank and the Asian guy gets him out. How many epsiodes have I missed? I know at least 1.
    Sounds like you only missed one episode, the first one. They're having a marathon of it this sunday to go along with the final episode of the season, if you get a chance to catch it.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/FujikoMine/Fujikos Pics/fujikogun.gif

Guest Guest
    yeah on demand removed episode 1 already...episode 3 was the worst one IMO...so you may not be missing much! lol

yes! this sunday on AMC they will be playing every episode up to the final one that airs at 10pm pst..so if you missed any of them tune in Sunday..check your local listings for when the marathon starts

AMC does not post the episodes...but I've read that you can go to iTunes and pay around 2 bucks for each one

also..pre orders are open for the first season on DVD

I LOVE this show! Have read the graphic novel for years..and was happier than a pig in shit when they gave the show the green light...Frank Darabont however has fired the writing staff and they are going to be using freelance writers for the 2nd season..my son's father and I both are entering submissions!

can't wait for Sunday...this show has caused me to jones' each week for the next episode..now the 2nd season is not due to premiere until Oct 2011..but...I heard a rumor from a little birdie that there will be filler mini season's based on the other survivors Morgan and Duane..the Vatos..and possibly even Morales and his family...I think that will be a great way to keep us fed until the new season starts..we can pick back up with our core survivors..doing the mini season covering the other survivors can help to keep it in real time as well...those kids are going to age quickly...I know I want to know what happens to the other groups as well...let's hope the rumor I heard was true..I don't think I can wait 11 months for the next season

^^Love it AND the show! Hubs will even stay up late to watch it!
    I think any death hag in the stagger on role would be awesome! You could wear your DH sticker across your forehead and give Scott a plug!
    GR6-1890
    I may look calm. But in my head, I've killed you three times.

I'd do anything to get a Zombie part...even if it were an "insignificant zombie" that just lingered in the back by the garbage bins. They wouldn't even have to pay me anything...would do it for free...

I read online the other day that the entire writing staff had been fired. Any truth to this?
    Aaahhhh! Springtime in southern Nevada!

Quote Originally Posted by CORONERGAL View Post
    I read online the other day that the entire writing staff had been fired. Any truth to this?
    http://robotceleb.com/news/27659-120...1-writers.html

Don’t expect the zombies of AMC’s smash hit “The Walking Dead” to go gently into that good night.
    The series has already been renewed for a second season, to air next fall. Last Sunday’s fifth episode boasted the series’ highest ratings thus far, averaging 5.6 million viewers and a 2.8 rating among adults 18-49.

Chicagoan Steven Yeun (front, left) and Andrew Lincoln (right) try to blend in with the zombie population on "The Walking Dead." The hit series on AMC wraps up its first season with Sunday's episode.
    (AMC)

By the end of that episode, the ragtag band of human survivors of a zombie apocalypse had made their way to the Atlanta headquarters of the Centers for Disease Control. Andrew Lincoln, the British actor who plays Southern sheriff’s deputy Rick Grimes, says viewers should expect the unexpected with the sixth and final episode of the inaugural season, airing at 9 p.m. Sunday.
    “As always with this show, don’t get too comfortable. Things are not as they seem,” he said.
    And that includes the actors on the show. In the last episode, three characters were killed off.
    “You want an audience to have loyalty and care about characters,” he said. “It was as difficult for us to say goodbye to certain characters. Everybody was kind of grieving.”
    The cast and crew knew the deaths, though shocking, wouldn’t necessarily turn off fans of the comic books that inspired the show.
    “If you know the graphic novel, you know these characters have — for want of a better expression — a quite brief shelf life,” he said. “It means that nobody is safe.”
    The onscreen deaths did lead the tight-knit ensemble cast to start a tradition, though.
    “It was a really great shoot, and we had all banded together, so we had a farewell dinner for people and set a precedent that — if it went to a second season — whenever we lose someone, we have a meal.”
    Lincoln warns that you shouldn’t expect everything to be neatly wrapped up in the season finale. Even if the show hadn’t drawn enough viewers to warrant a second season, the final episode still wouldn’t resolve everything.
    Lincoln said that has less to do with series creator Frank Darabont (“The Shawshank Redemption”) than with being true to the comic book roots.
    “If you are familiar with the comic book series and [writer] Robert Kirkman’s hopes for [it], he never wanted it to end,” Lincoln said. “The whole point of it is it’s incidental. He always said he wanted to write about what happened after the end credits of a zombie movie.
    “One of its appeals is that it gives no finite answers or solutions to the situation. It’s more about how these people adapt and how [the zombie apocalypse] changes them over time. I think [episode six] is extremely faithful to the tone and the intention of the graphic novel.”
    One of the biggest surprises happened behind the scene earlier this week. Darabont made headlines when he fired the entire writing staff. Lincoln says he only heard about the terminations shortly before the interview but says he has complete faith in Darabont.
    “I’m probably not the right person to ask, frankly,” he says. “All I know is I love Frank and trust him implicitly.”
    As for where the series in going in its sophomore season, Lincoln says it’s anyone’s guess.
    “I know nothing,” he says with a laugh. “I’m as excited as everybody else to find out where, what and how we’re going to survive this zombie apocalypse.”

I've watched all the episodes. Ther's lots of places to watch it online. It's good, not amazing but I'll keep watching.

After watching the season finale, I can't help thinking I would have chosen to stay behind and die in the explosion. Not a bad way to go. Much better than death by zombie!

Guest Guest
    broke my heart she stayed behind..I liked her saucy character but I understood why she did..a chance to go to heaven on her terms or continue in a living hell?

loved her though and am sad she's gone...I thought the moment was touching how they held hands and just looked at each other...two strangers..going together...giving simple comfort and support to their choice. Yeah it got me choked up..I LOVE THIS SHOW!

I have really enjoyed this series and not happy the season is over already. Now I want to see more zombies!! BTW they have a really good website with clips and "the making of" parts. Can't wait for it to start up again. I heard it will be in March.

The DVD and Blu-ray release for Season 1 is currently scheduled for March 8th and I'll be there with bells on for the Blu.

I don't watch TV much but have gotten addicted to this shit. Is it really gonna be another year before we get another fix? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneAutrysBoot View Post
    I don't watch TV much but have gotten addicted to this shit. Is it really gonna be another year before we get another fix? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! WHY?
    Well, you could buy the comic books or you could try the fantastic book World War Z by Max Brooks. I do feel your pain, however

Wikipedia reports Season 2 starts filming in February.

Quote Originally Posted by SueWahoo View Post
    Well, you could buy the comic books or you could try the fantastic book World War Z by Max Brooks. I do feel your pain, however
    Thanks Sue I'm gonna take your advice. I'm always up for a great read.

I missed the final episode of this. Where they make it to the CDC in atlanta. AMC will be reshowing the whole first season, I think 6 episodes starting tuesday.

I tried for the stagger on role of a zombie for the new season, no word yet so I guess I didnt get picked.

Thumbs up Awsome!

Just watched the first three episodes last night on AMC, 4,5,& 6 are on tonight. I'm friggin hooked, I cleared my DVR. It has "The Stand" kind of feel to it.
    "THIS, IS WALTER."