Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 18252627
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1325

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC-Show)

I thought the show was way too long, an hour and a half for content that could be resolved in 45 minutes.

This hasn't been my favorite season. I don't like what they did with Carol moving from badass to being unable to kill.

And WTH with the bad decisions this season?
    1. Why not attack the Saviors without knowing how many people/guns/weapons they have?
    2. Why not leave a bunch of 4th Stringers to defend Alexandria?
    3. Why not leave Gabriel in charge, despite the fact he was still a douche 5 episodes ago.
    Last edited by TheWrath of MadelineKahn; 04-04-2016 at 10:47 PM.
    Morgan

I think they really screwed Carol up if she was going to become this badass character like she has been then all of a sudden do a 180 and not give a shit about life (like her Comic Book version) I would have preferred if she got killed way back in Season 2.

I just got home from the local Dollar Store. I'm still trying to figure out if the five other shoppers in the store were walkers or if they are simply meth heads....

So who watched the season premiere and what did you think? I knew everything that was going to happen but it still hit me like a ton of bricks. So brutal.

Watched it. Was spoiled for it. Gory for sure, but I guess I had read so much about it I wasn't really shocked by it.

Thought they stretched it out a bit too long, like the part where Rick had his umpteenth breakdown on top of the RV and it showed everyone who matters being killed by Negan.

Lots of commercials too. I've heard it called the best episode of the series, but I've seen better.
    Morgan

I'm still bothered by the bandage over Carl's eye. Shouldn't he be sporting a fashionable patch by this time, or, heaven forfend, is he becoming a walker from the face down?

IMO, far from the best episode. My favorites: when they killed off Rick's shitty wife in childbirth just cause I couldn't stand the character...and got rid of Andrea, she was so annoying.

Carl gets an eyepatch in the next few episodes.

The commercials in the this episodes annoyed me, it felt like to me the whole show was 30 minutes long. They stretched it to the limits.

I live 20 minutes from the comic book writer, Robert Kirkman. I heard he was not enthusiastic with they way the show panned out, but couldn't force his hand with the shows writers. Not with who died, but rather the way it was stretched out.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plan.

RIP DADDY 1/17/1925 - 5/26/2011
    RIP Momma 4/12/1930-5/13/2014

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post

I live 20 minutes from the comic book writer, Robert Kirkman. I heard he was not enthusiastic with they way the show panned out, but couldn't force his hand with the shows writers. Not with who died, but rather the way it was stretched out.
    Hmmm, interesting. I had not heard that about Kirkman. I also agree that it wasn't the best episode but it wasn't terrible. I can't wait to see what tonight has in store but I have a feeling it's going to be all about Carol and Morgan and the Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    I think they really screwed Carol up if she was going to become this badass character like she has been then all of a sudden do a 180 and not give a shit about life (like her Comic Book version) I would have preferred if she got killed way back in Season 2.
    Just guessing, but based on the previous patterns, they'll probably bring her back to BA mode when she finds out what happened and decides to rescue her BFF Darryl. (That's the theme of the current Facebook memes-- "I leave you guys for ONE DAY and look what happened!") Is it too much to predict that she'll end up fighting Darryl instead, since he's being brainwashed and stuff?
    Last edited by Linnie; 11-01-2016 at 08:03 PM.

I found this interesting, but I'm not gonna start hoarding food and bullets anytime soon.

http://listverse.com/2016/11/02/10-t...ie-apocalypse/
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plan.

RIP DADDY 1/17/1925 - 5/26/2011
    RIP Momma 4/12/1930-5/13/2014

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    I found this interesting, but I'm not gonna start hoarding food and bullets anytime soon.

http://listverse.com/2016/11/02/10-t...ie-apocalypse/
    Yeah same here. I read a couple of interesting theories along those lines too a while back. The one that talks about Haiti has already been proven in The Serpent and the Rainbow. They use the drug to put you under for surgery.

I am mad at Brittany's husband.

So I went down to Valhalla Studios today for a delivery, the company that films The Walking Dead and as I was leaving I got to see Daryl Dixon himself walking out of the office building
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I am mad at Brittany's husband. "So I went down to Valhalla Studios today for a delivery, the company that films The Walking Dead and as I was leaving I got to see Daryl Dixon himself walking out of the office building".
    Oh wow.

Can't believe Tara got her own episode. I think this has been the weakest season so far. Two episodes left.
    Morgan

I liked the last episode.

Anyone still watching? I found the premiere to be a lukewarm bowl of meh.
    Morgan

I quit watching years ago when they took up residence in the prison. Just couldn't get into it, and since Glen and Lori died I won't pick it up again.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

I quit watching years ago when they took up residence in the prison. Just couldn't get into it, and since Glen and Lori died I won't pick it up again.
    Same here, they seem more bothered about stunts and effects now than doing decent storylines.

That's when I quit.
    "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" Pericles

I'm still watching it. I liked the season premiere well enough.

I'm a huge fan of anything scifi, horror or fantasy. But, sometimes they keep fixing a show until it's broke.
    "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" Pericles

I watched the first two episodes of this season and I'm sorry, I'm just over it. Rick collapses emotionally and then gives a rousing monologue. Daryl points, grunts, and shoots. There seems to be a lot of cheap shots where you think someone is dead, but then are miraculously saved. Deus ex machina.

I do plan on continuing to read the comics. They're brutal! And somehow so much gorier!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

The second episode did nothing for me. There was a thread about this on FB and one guy brought up a good point, "Well you've got a Talking Dead commercial every 30 seconds, the adversaries on the couch hugging each other, commercials for Norman Reedus' Ride...hanging out with Jeffrey Dean Morgan...who's a really likeable guy; it's losing its mystique."

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    The second episode did nothing for me. There was a thread about this on FB and one guy brought up a good point, "Well you've got a Talking Dead commercial every 30 seconds, the adversaries on the couch hugging each other, commercials for Norman Reedus' Ride...hanging out with Jeffrey Dean Morgan...who's a really likeable guy; it's losing its mystique."
    Have you noticed the table they have on the set of Talking Dead? I want that thing.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Have you noticed the table they have on the set of Talking Dead? I want that thing.
    Yes!!!!!