Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8485556575859 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,850 of 3179

Thread: Sound Off & Introduce Yourself

Well one person remebers me. LOL Okay this new lay out is weird!! Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Hello Everyone, remember me!!
    Hi Danny

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Well one person remebers me. LOL Okay this new lay out is weird!! Just saying
    Welcome back Danny.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

Greetings from Edinburgh, Indiana.

Welcome

[SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=3]
    mor·bid·i·ty (môr-bd-t)n.1. The quality of being morbid.
    2. A diseased state.
    3. The incidence or prevalence of a disease.
    4. Morbidity rate.

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Hi, former lurkerhere. My fascination with death beganearly, due to being taken to lots and lots of funerals as a young child. It seemed to be the family custom, as all ofmy little cousins would be there also. We would run around the place and look at theother dead people, not just “our own dead people”. I justloved the funeral home itself – a big old stately house, and it was so PRETTYinside! Great fireplaces with ornatemantles, beautiful wallpapers, lushdraperies, and formal sofas and chairs upholstered in “shiny fabrics”.[/SIZE][SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=3]Most impressive and memorable to me was a funeral at whichan adult uncle fainted at the graveside portion of the services. It was hot outside and he went down like afelled tree. THAT caused quite thehub-bub. Exquisitely interesting to myfour-year old self. Much later in lifemy mother confirmed to me that at one point there were five funerals in a oneyear period within the family. Lots ofaged great-grandparents, great-aunts and great-uncles. But still, I got to go to them all![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=3]Being an early reader and somewhat of a “loner” as a child,I would read anything. Still will. (Scott: This is not stated in any kind of a derogatory manner.) My one grandmother babysat me a lot and shenever seemed to mind my fascination with her “Confidential” magazines. And ofcourse there were the Photoplays and the Modern Screens. And my uncle’s “True” magazines – definitelygeared to men’s adventure stories, and some of them were pretty wild for a kidto be reading. But nobody seemed to mindmy reading any of them. To this day Ican vividly remember reading about Elizabeth Taylor’s marriage to MichaelWilding and James Dean’s death.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=3]I have taken the Dearly Departed tours three times duringvisits to LA; the Hollywood Movie Tourtwice, the Tragical History Tour once. And as a former California governor once said, "I'll be back!"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Hello to one and all. I am new kid as of early this month. Sorry I have not stopped here before. I just jumped into the deep end and if not for John Trim, would have drown. Still Breathing and love being alive here at Death Central. Best Wishes to one and all. PB

Hi and Welcome PB. Glad you're here!
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

Welcome to all new Death Hags
    "A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Hello!
    Longtime lurker, only signed up in December 2011 though. Have been a death hag for as long as i can remember, i just used to think that that made me weird. Now i realize I'm not alone and that there is nothing wrong with being interested in death--it's all around us! Here's a picture of my head so you can match the name and face moi.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by luckyinlove View Post
    Hello!
    Longtime lurker, only signed up in December 2011 though. Have been a death hag for as long as i can remember, i just used to think that that made me weird. Now i realize I'm not alone and that there is nothing wrong with being interested in death--it's all around us! Here's a picture of my head so you can match the name and face moi.jpg
    Hi Lucky,
    Welcome. No, we're not weird around here...lol

Formal intro- Hi all. Lynn here. Death hag forever. (Qualifications: during childhood, grandmother & grandfather were waked in my living room...that's right! who's with me? Lol) Long time lurker. I like Pina Coladas & getting caught in the rain, I'm not much into health food. I am into champagne. Just sayin'...Thanks for having me here. I already feel like family. *tear drop*

Here is a shot of me doing my "rock" hands...I also do smoochy faces & other annoying poses those kids are doing these days. Forgive the pic. It's blurry & 9,000 ft away on purpose. First day home from hospital. I look like Heidi Klum normally.

Welcome to FAD!

Hey folks, I happened upon the site a few weeks ago while searching for painless suicide methods. I finally decided to join the forum last night and have enjoyed reading many of the posts. I'm probably too much of a chicken shit to actually do myself in. I am somewhat curious and fascinated on how some people meet their end. For the time being I'm glad to be here

Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    Formal intro- Hi all. Lynn here. Death hag forever. (Qualifications: during childhood, grandmother & grandfather were waked in my living room...that's right! who's with me? Lol) Long time lurker. I like Pina Coladas & getting caught in the rain, I'm not much into health food. I am into champagne. Just sayin'...Thanks for having me here. I already feel like family. *tear drop*

Here is a shot of me doing my "rock" hands...I also do smoochy faces & other annoying poses those kids are doing these days. Forgive the pic. It's blurry & 9,000 ft away on purpose. First day home from hospital. I look like Heidi Klum normally.
    Welcome Home Ms Heidi Klum, lol...you look wonderful darlink for just having a heart attack...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    Hey folks, I happened upon the site a few weeks ago while searching for painless suicide methods. I finally decided to join the forum last night and have enjoyed reading many of the posts. I'm probably too much of a chicken shit to actually do myself in. I am somewhat curious and fascinated on how some people meet their end. For the time being I'm glad to be here
    Welcome Stevil, I hope you enjoy the site....and I'd prefer you be a chicken like KFC then find a easy way out. Hang around with us.

Easy way out? I can't imagine anything harder to do. Thanks for the welcome

Hey Death Hags! I used to post here a few years ago, but life got pretty busy. Now I am back and able to reconnect with my people
    The future's uncertain and the end is always near....

Welcome back Glamgirl

Mike here, joined in '07, but was idle, forgot how much fun everyone is here, hey, we're all gonna clock out someday, why dread it? Entering my sunset years, and just hoping to keep a positive attitude, I see so many getting old and bitter, as long as you wake up in the morning, make the most of it!

Welcome back Glamgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki Lester View Post
    Mike here, joined in '07, but was idle, forgot how much fun everyone is here, hey, we're all gonna clock out someday, why dread it? Entering my sunset years, and just hoping to keep a positive attitude, I see so many getting old and bitter, as long as you wake up in the morning, make the most of it!
    Wekcome Back Mike

Hello, fellow deathies. Long time lurker, first time poster...LOL! My name is Christine, I live in Canada, and my husband once rode a polar bear. \ok, maybe not, but he *did* live where the town had a siren at night so all and sundry knew it was time to go in the house, the polar bears were walking around. I love them. I found the site right AFTER my July 07 wedding...how's that for a sign?? Anyhow, I love all the little details and pics, and also having that 'edge' over mere tabloid readers and enjoy correcting people about ghastly details (No, Mom, he wasn't on the throne. He was in his dressing room.) and directing them here.
    217674_10150159699001986_590216985_7083731_606960_n.jpg <--- me in my grandma style mode and what I look like in the house most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by UniPolarMommaBear View Post
    Hello, fellow deathies. Long time lurker, first time poster...LOL! My name is Christine, I live in Canada, and my husband once rode a polar bear. \ok, maybe not, but he *did* live where the town had a siren at night so all and sundry knew it was time to go in the house, the polar bears were walking around. I love them. I found the site right AFTER my July 07 wedding...how's that for a sign?? Anyhow, I love all the little details and pics, and also having that 'edge' over mere tabloid readers and enjoy correcting people about ghastly details (No, Mom, he wasn't on the throne. He was in his dressing room.) and directing them here.
    217674_10150159699001986_590216985_7083731_606960_n.jpg <--- me in my grandma style mode and what I look like in the house most of the time.
    Hi Christine. Welcome from one grandma to the other

Aye. My name is Ned and I live in the great white north. I manage a family business and travel alot. Thankfully my boys have dogs that they are basically best friends with so they don't miss me too much. My youngest boy liked to climb and fell from a spot earlier this year so I want to be with him but have to earn for the medical bills. While I am away my wife attends to taking care of the boys and our rambunctious, tomboy daughter who keeps getting into trouble with local youths. Nice to meet you all.
    But most like chaos, stopless, cool,
    Without a chance, or spar,
    Or even a report of land
    To justify despair.
    -Emily Dickinson

Hi Ned, Welcome

Welcome to the new members and those who have found their way back over here! I hope you guys all stick around!

stevil I hope you are able to find some friendly people here and i hope that you will get help for what you are feeling right now (or were a week ago). I just realized I called you steverill and had to change your name. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Welcome to the new members and those who have found their way back over here! I hope you guys all stick around!

stevil I hope you are able to find some friendly people here and i hope that you will get help for what you are feeling right now (or were a week ago). I just realized I called you steverill and had to change your name. lol.
    Hi atomicbettie, I'm doing my best to keep it together. I know many people are struggling these days. Thank you very much for your concern and your friend invitation

Hi everybody (in my best Dr. Nick from The Simpsons voice).

I'm a happily married husband, dad to a beautiful, smart, creative, married grown daughter....freelance illustrator living and enjoying life in north Georgia....Have loved this site for years and only recently discovered it had a forum....

Dig the subject matter so much that I have seriously considered doing an illustrated book entitled "Their Last Moments." The idea being that I would illustrate famous and infamous people right before they died: Elvis in his bathroom, Karen Carpenter in her mom and dad's home, JFK right before the first shots rang out, Buddy Holly on that plane...etc. I shopped this idea to a couple of publishers I have worked with...They said it was too morbid but that it would probably sell very well....

Quote Originally Posted by tksays View Post
    Hi everybody (in my best Dr. Nick from The Simpsons voice).

I'm a happily married husband, dad to a beautiful, smart, creative, married grown daughter....freelance illustrator living and enjoying life in north Georgia....Have loved this site for years and only recently discovered it had a forum....

Dig the subject matter so much that I have seriously considered doing an illustrated book entitled "Their Last Moments." The idea being that I would illustrate famous and infamous people right before they died: Elvis in his bathroom, Karen Carpenter in her mom and dad's home, JFK right before the first shots rang out, Buddy Holly on that plane...etc. I shopped this idea to a couple of publishers I have worked with...They said it was too morbid but that it would probably sell very well....
    Welcome tksays Dr. Nick...lol...Hope you enjoy your time here.

Quote Originally Posted by Town Without Pity View Post
    Welcome tksays Dr. Nick...lol...Hope you enjoy your time here.
    Thanks TWP.....What do you think of the book idea? Am I chasing windmills?

Quote Originally Posted by tksays View Post
    Thanks TWP.....What do you think of the book idea? Am I chasing windmills?
    I like wind mills...lol....I think it would sell, look at all the death hags here that would buy that...think of all the closeted death hags there are...lol

Hi everyone! Last night I had a dream about the 3 Stooges. I know LOL!! I woke up this morning and wondered what became of Curly. I googled and here I am!!

What an interesting site. I am just floored by the amount of info and the participation involved.

I live in BC, Canada and it's snowing right now! UGH! I am an artsy sort of a person. Am also a voracious reader and watcher of movies. I am interested in the concept of life and death of celebrity in our culture and am hoping to find like minded people.

Well, that's my resume. Do I get the job?

I guess I better scrounge up a avatar.

Hmmmm, that's weird. I made my first post and it didn't work.

Ennyhoooo. This is my first time on here. I am from BC, Canada and happened upon this site by accident while searching what happened to Curly of the 3 Stooges.

I am very impressed by the amount of info here and all the hags LOL!

I am an artsy person who is a voracious reader and movie watcher. Hope to become a part of this great place.

Welcome pwem. I believe the new members first post id delayed. Both of your posts are up now. Yes you get the job.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

Hello from Australia. Long time lurker, first time poster, yada yada yada.

Hello and welcome pwem and Little Chief, yada yada

It feels nice to finally have joined, only took me forever, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyinlove View Post
    Hello!
    Longtime lurker, only signed up in December 2011 though. Have been a death hag for as long as i can remember, i just used to think that that made me weird. Now i realize I'm not alone and that there is nothing wrong with being interested in death--it's all around us!
    +1.

Hi i'm new here & i love the forum

Hi i'm kelley & it's nice to meet all of u. & yea i love forum.
    "Trying not to trip over the shoelaces of life"

Welcome, Kelley! I hope you have a awesome time here!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

I'm brand spankin' new here as well so welcome!!! I graduated from Junior Death Hag to regular Death Hag! It's a thrill! It can happen to you too, Kelley!

Hi Kelley and pwem. You'll love it here!

Quote Originally Posted by kelley.hackney View Post
    Hi i'm kelley & it's nice to meet all of u. & yea i love forum.
    So, where is Newark Oiho? Is that on the big island?

Quote Originally Posted by pwem View Post
    I'm brand spankin' new here as well so welcome!!! I graduated from Junior Death Hag to regular Death Hag! It's a thrill! It can happen to you too, Kelley!

New blood heheheheh.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

"When they start burning books, in the end, they will also burn people." - Heiner, 19th century German poet.
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Welcome Kelly and Pwem. So new blood on FAD may God have mercy on your souls.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Welcome and nice to meet you Kelly and Pwem.

Welcome.......................... I took some time off on this site but now I'm back. It pains me to see the news of Whitney and now Davy Jones.
    Scott Michaels knows more about death than Dexter.

welcome back Reecy

Welcome to the forums!

I look foward to seeing your future posts

Welcome welcome welcome, kelley and pwem! Enjoy the ride.

Hey Neil...did you recently make extraordinaire status or am I on the onset of senior moments?
    The Strange Case Of The Missing Corpse
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-GmH8eFJFU

Mrs. Peel (commenting on Steed's sword): "That looks a bit droopy." Steed: "Wait until it's challenged."