Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 480

Thread: Natalee Holloway

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    5,181
    "How can they re-open the case without a body (or what I will assume is no new evidence)? This is like flying John Mark Karr back from Thailand."

    ---I remember a few months ago some Aruban fisherman saying he saw the 3 boys and a blonde girl going out on a boat after midnight and he only saw the 3 boys come back in.

    I hope they have substantial new evidence and this isn't just the Aruban/Natalee Holloway version of flying Carr back to the States. I don't think those 3 boys have said anything to implicate themselves, like Carr did when insisting he was responsible for JonBenet's death which he later downgraded to "well, I was there when she died".

    We'll see.................I hope they do find out at some point what happened to that poor girl. I've read that the police think they were all partying and she got hurt and died when they all tried to have sex with her, so they "disappeared her" (Sopranos verbiage, sorry)
    .
    .
    "So, what, no fuckin' ziti now?"

  2. #52
    I read earlier that the Aruban cops turned the case over to investigators from the Netherlands. They have searched the Van Der Sloot home as well as where the Kalpoe brothers lived several times.

    If they have come up with some new good evidence, they can most certainly go forward with a trial.
    Keri

  3. #53
    Has anyone heard and new news about why they have re-arrested the three boys....just heard a blurb about it on the radio earlier but didn't hear any pertinent details.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lincoln, CA
    Posts
    358
    Nice to see you back, Darrianne! I think this latest group of arrests is just filler for a slow news day, really. I would be surprised if there's anything new here, they are just kicking a dead horse. The case is stale, I think. Poor girl is long gone, and they'll let these same old guys out, again.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    12,775
    I think I will jump in with blaming the parents first.I don't care if your kid is 18.You don't turn them loose in a foreign country. I mean even fucking Canada. She is shark shit now.Nobody is ever going to get busted unless tourism dips so low they have to produce a patsy. As far as the Ramsey & Browne union, I just hope at least one of them is sterile.
    "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" Pericles

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wherever the Merlot takes me ...
    Posts
    4,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrianne View Post
    Has anyone heard and new news about why they have re-arrested the three boys....just heard a blurb about it on the radio earlier but didn't hear any pertinent details.
    They said there is new evidence. Here's the CNN link: http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americ...est/index.html

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,394
    This whole thing has just gotten so ridiculous. I wonder when these guys are going to be released again? The Danish Police are a bunch of screw-ups and can't seem to get this case together at all after all these years.

    These kids that did whatever to Natalee are pretty damn smart to have gotten away with whatever it is they did to her after all this time!

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by elnoradawn View Post
    are you a fan of Little Britain by chance?
    yup, it's right up there with my favorite comedy shows!!! i'd love to see them perform in person!!! you?
    "Why does everything I whip leave me?"
    Homer to the universe-at-large
    The Simpsons Movie

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I think I will jump in with blaming the parents first.I don't care if your kid is 18.You don't turn them loose in a foreign country. I mean even fucking Canada. She is shark shit now.Nobody is ever going to get busted unless tourism dips so low they have to produce a patsy. As far as the Ramsey & Browne union, I just hope at least one of them is sterile.
    i have to say, i agree.... those trips, even "chaperoned" are just tragedies and heartache waiting to happen.... when my son was a senior in HS he wanted to go to mexico for spring break (he was 17)... i think the whole atmosphere in those party towns... uncontrolled liquor, uncontrolled behavior, and the possibility of ending up in a mexican or aruban jail... is a recipe for disaster...

    needless to say i said "no".... this was before the natalee holloway disappearance, but i had seen a 20/20 episode on this and that was what convinced me it was a bad idea...
    "Why does everything I whip leave me?"
    Homer to the universe-at-large
    The Simpsons Movie

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Meet me at the arch
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I think I will jump in with blaming the parents first.I don't care if your kid is 18.You don't turn them loose in a foreign country. I mean even fucking Canada. She is shark shit now.Nobody is ever going to get busted unless tourism dips so low they have to produce a patsy. As far as the Ramsey & Browne union, I just hope at least one of them is sterile.


    Sterile LMAO!! Could not agree more! We can't let kids run wild in a foreign country. And Aruban tourism is not going to drop after two years! There are too many repeat visitors including myself. Couldn't think of a greater island to go to. Did tourism drop in l.a. after OJ? or Robert Blake? or Phil Spector? There are bad apples everywhere. Pass me a pina colada.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    956
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    I think it was posted again because this is breaking news from today. You know, my gut is telling me that she is still alive. I really think she was sold into sexual slavery in South America. I know it sounds crazy but, those things do happen in this world. Maybe we'll really never know. (sigh)
    It's funny you mention that... I also read the mom's book excerpt and her gut reaction when getting off the plane was dread that Venezuela is just 7-8 miles from the Aruba shore. Totally possible, you know.

    Of course it's also strange like someone said before that her friends didn't seem to mention her being missing until she didn't show up for her flight... especially after her friends supposedly begged her not to get into the silver honda with the 3 men.

    My opinion is that she was to be urine's (I like that!) prey for the rest of the night but something went wrong. I mean, to be all graphic it could be as simple as her suffocating while being forced to go down pimple faced judge's son.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,508
    I believe that at this point she will never be found. There is an area known for shark feeding and I believe that is where she ended up. I also believe that this was sex that got a bit too rough/out of hand and it was accidental. If you have ever dealt with the police forces in the various island nations, you will more than likely feel these are a bunch of mickey mouse police forces.......I remain extremely skeptical about this ever being satisfactorily solved


    What fresh hell is this ? ~ Dorothy Parker

    ]

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    439
    I think they keep putting pressure on these boys, bringing them back in, re arresting them, so one of them will crack and confess.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,394
    Breaking News: The prosecuters have closed the case! No justice for Natalee and her family...

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Breaking News: The prosecuters have closed the case! No justice for Natalee and her family...
    I just seen that That's a bunch of crap!

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wolfsschanze
    Posts
    7,886
    The judges son got off. Someone should rape him. Call the TIT PIG!

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,349
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    The judges son got off. Someone should rape him. Call the TIT PIG!
    LOL...leave off "the" -- you gotta say it like a name; i.e., call TIT PIG !!!!



  18. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,895
    I felt so bad when I heard this last night. Poor Mom. Justice will be served when these men die.
    Scott Michaels knows more about death than Dexter.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    357
    Ugh... I cannot believe this.
    Her poor parents.. this sucks.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    1,472
    This whole thing is just so sad and then for them to get off.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,078
    ...cold case. Brad was right again.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    5,181
    So this last time when they all got arrested again...what was this "highly incriminating evidence" they supposedly had against them? Anyone know?
    .
    .
    "So, what, no fuckin' ziti now?"

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    1,472

    Natalee Holloway case solved???

    <H1>As reported on MSNBC:

    Holloway case solved? New info surfaces

    'May help considerably,' Aruba prosecutor's office says

    </H1>updated 1 hour, 34 minutes ago

    ORANJESTAD, Aruba - Aruban prosecutors said Thursday that authorities are investigating new information in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway provided by a Dutch crime reporter.
    A source close to the investigation told NBC that the information is a secretly recorded conversation between Joran van der Sloot, a Dutch man who was a suspect in the case, and a person previously unknown to investigators in Aruba.
    In the conversation, Van der Sloot allegedly gives details about the disappearance.
    The Aruba prosecutor's office said that information from Dutch reporter Peter R. de Vries may help resolve what happened to the American, who vanished during a May 2005 school vacation to the Dutch Caribbean island.
    "This information may help considerably in the solution of the mystery of Natalee's disappearance," the prosecutor's office said, without saying what it might be.
    "The mystery of Natalee Holloway will be solved Sunday," De Vries said on the Dutch television show RTL Boulevard, which showed him meeting Natalee's mother, Beth Twitty, at an Amsterdam airport. "It was a big operation that we worked on for months."
    De Vries’s Web site said the information was gathered through “an ingenious hidden camera tactic.” It said the reporter traveled to Aruba last week to inform authorities of his findings.
    De Vries had a testy exchange earlier this month during a televised interview in the Netherlands with van der Sloot.
    Van der Sloot, who was among the last people seen with the missing American, threw wine at De Vries after the reporter challenged his credibility.
    Joseph Tacopina, a U.S. attorney for Van der Sloot, said it was irresponsible for prosecutors to make the announcement without describing their evidence.
    "They act quite frankly like clowns," he said. "If they have a resolution, they should bring a case and stop talking about cryptic information."
    Prosecutors dismissed their case against Van der Sloot and two other suspects last month, saying that they lacked evidence to charge them or even to prove a crime was committed. Authorities have said the case could be reopened if new evidence surfaces.
    Holloway, of Mountain Brook, Ala., disappeared the final night of her high school graduation trip to Aruba. She was 18 at the time.
    She was last seen in public leaving a bar with Van der Sloot and two Surinamese brothers — Deepak and Satish Kalpoe — hours before she was due to board a flight home. The three men have been repeatedly detained as suspects but denied any wrongdoing.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,232
    Wow. Whatever it is, hope they can make it stick. Wouldnt it be nice if it led to her being tracked down? Unlikely though. But maybe her parents can have some relief one way or the other.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Home of the Flaming Koresh
    Posts
    1,662
    This is a case I don't think will be solved nor will they ever find her. JMO
    If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?


    Hag O' Death

  26. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,379
    Nancy Grace and Greta Van Susteren will be out of a
    job.
    Until the next pretty white woman goes missing.

  27. #77
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,714
    I hope this new news will help, but I have my doubts.

  28. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,276
    I remember last time these idiots got brought in Greta was questioning neighbors of the brothers and most of them, while they wouldn't go on camera, said that particular night the brothers came home in their vehicle and did a little early am car wash.

    Now, why the hell would you wash your car in the early am unless you had something to hide?

  29. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,768
    Hmmmm... Interesting. I have my doubts too Katie.

  30. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    LaLaLand
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Nancy Grace and Greta Van Susteren will be out of a
    job.
    If only that were true...

  31. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,895
    She's already gone to heaven.
    Scott Michaels knows more about death than Dexter.

  32. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    1,677
    I hope they actually have evidence this time. However, I am fairly sure that this case will remain cold.

  33. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,776
    I have so little hope that this case will ever be officially solved.

    I'm sure we all have a very good idea of who is responsible and what happened.

  34. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    I have so little hope that this case will ever be officially solved.

    I'm sure we all have a very good idea of who is responsible and what happened.
    My thoughts exactly !!


    What fresh hell is this ? ~ Dorothy Parker

    ]

  35. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    5,181

    Re-opening case, sting video confession being aired Sun 02/03

    Student Says He Lied in Holloway Case

    Email this Story
    Feb 1, 9:44 PM (ET

    By MIKE CORDER


    [

    (AP) Joran van der Sloot, right, sits in a car with his father, Paulus Van Der Sloot, after Joran was...

    THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) - Dutch student Joran van der Sloot denied Friday that he had anything to do with Natalee Holloway's disappearance, saying he lied when he told someone privately he was involved.

    The statement came hours after Aruban prosecutors announced they were reopening their investigation into the disappearance of the Alabama teenager after seeing secretly taped material from a Dutch journalist.

    Van der Sloot was interviewed by the respected Dutch television show "Pauw & Witteman" following reports that crime reporter Peter R. De Vries had captured him making statements about the case.

    "It is true I told someone. Everybody will see it Sunday," Van der Sloot said, referring to De Vries' planned television show. De Vries claims to have solved the mystery of Holloway's May 2005 disappearance with the help of an undercover investigation.

    Van der Sloot spoke to the late night current affairs show by telephone. His voice was recognizable from an earlier appearance on the show, which has closely followed the Holloway case.

    "That is what he wanted to hear, so I told him what he wanted to hear," Van der Sloot said, adding that he had built up a relationship with the man he spoke to, but had never fully trusted him. He did not identify the man.

    "It is so stupid, it is so stupid, it is really stupid," Van der Sloot said, his voice cracking.

    Aruban prosecutors said earlier Friday that they are reopening their investigation into Holloway's disappearance after seeing De Vries' material.

    "The recordings made available to the Public Prosecutor have given the Public Prosecutor a reason to reopen the investigation," the public prosecutor's office said in a statement.

    Aruba prosecutors made no reference to the possibility of an arrest, and Van der Sloot said he does not expect to be arrested again.

    "It's easy to prove that what I said is not true, and that actually this is much ado about nothing, and so it's actually a shame that her mother has flown here and everything," he said.

    One of Van der Sloot's attorneys, Joseph Tacopina of New York, said his client shouldn't have discussed the case.

    "He should have hung up the phone, but he didn't. Clearly it's not something his parents are happy about," Tacopina told The Associated Press.

    "The evidence refutes what Joran supposedly said," said Tacopina, who said he heard of the interview through media reports. "It doesn't change the truth of this case. And the truth is, Joran had nothing to do with Natalee's death."

    De Vries has not made clear what the "confession" consists of. Dutch newspapers published a partial transcript of his talks with Aruba prosecutor Hans Mos, and Mos' office said Friday that "what appeared on the Internet seems to be a reproduction of a part of the conversation."

    In the transcript, De Vries refers to a "confession" he obtained from suspect van der Sloot, but doesn't say what he allegedly admitted to.

    "This is very impressive," Mos is quoted as responding in the transcript, though it was not clear what specifically he was referring to. "We have thought to ourselves that this was a very probable chain of events but until now we lacked sufficient evidence."

    In another part of the transcript, the prosecutor says: "Clearly, it's the first time that he's confessed to somebody. This is his coming out."

    Holloway, 18, of Mountain Brook, Alabama, was last seen in public leaving a bar with Van der Sloot and two Surinamese brothers - Deepak and Satish Kalpoe - hours before she was due to board a flight home from a school trip to Aruba. No trace of her has ever been found.
    The three were re-arrested in November, but released within weeks for lack of evidence. Prosecutors then dismissed their case against them, saying they lacked evidence even to prove a crime had been committed. Authorities have said the case could be reopened if new evidence surfaces.
    Van der Sloot, who lived in Aruba at the time of Holloway's disappearance, has always denied any role in her disappearance, as have the Kalpoe brothers.
    On Thursday, Aruban prosecutors had said they were investigating new information provided by De Vries. Without providing details, the prosecutors said the new material might help them determine how Holloway died and what happened to her body.

    De Vries told Dutch television that he used a hidden camera in Aruba and the Netherlands to obtain images "that have proved to be very important" and that he would reveal what happened to Holloway on Sunday.

    Two weeks ago, after an appearance on "Pauw & Witteman" with De Vries, Van der Sloot threw wine in the journalist's face after he challenged his credibility. ---

    Last edited by cachluv; 02-01-2008 at 08:15 PM.
    .
    .
    "So, what, no fuckin' ziti now?"

  36. #86
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Berkeley, California
    Posts
    1,062
    This whole case is just so fuckin sad... in my mind, those boys had alot to do with it, but if there is no evidence, it will never come to light.. IMO..this was just a beautiful girl who was still really a baby... so sad.

  37. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    5,181
    This latest evidence may carry some weight indeed.
    .
    .
    "So, what, no fuckin' ziti now?"

  38. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    This latest evidence may carry some weight indeed.
    It could carry as much weight as a Mack truck and it is still going to be pretty easy to dismiss if it was unethically obtained through the secret recordings of an off-the-record conversation with some tabloid hack. Sure, it may be enough to justify reopening the case for those Keystone cops, but it is highly unlikely to lead the Aruba law enforcement to any USABLE evidence that they haven't been able to find over the past several years. I don't have the knowledge of Aruban/Dutch law to say for certain, but I also seriously doubt that it will be admissible in court.

    All this is likely to do is get a bunch of people all stirred up over a cold case about a young adult woman who was, in all likelihood, somewhere she shouldn't have been, doing something she shouldn't have been doing, with someone she had no business being with. The case hasn't gone ANYWHERE since a week after she vanished, whether through legal incompetence or the sheer difficulty of the situation. Publicly re-opening it on a supposed semi-confession obtained through very dubious means isn't going to move anything forward.

    If some hooker got plastered and wandered off with complete strangers and subsequently vanished into oblivion, this case woulda been on ice after 48 hours, let alone several years. But when some white woman (and I'm sorry, but being 18 makes her a young WOMAN, not a 'baby') from an affluent background with a mother that jumps wildly upon any remote chance of media exposure does the SAME THING, and in a foreign country no less, I guess that just makes it more important.

    Oh, and Cherry, I habitually wash my car around 3am. I'm a nocturnal person by nature and I prefer to avoid applying carwax under the blazing sun. I'm not saying that was the case here. Only that it isn't such an irrational thing to do under some peoples' normal circumstances.
    Last edited by banedon; 02-02-2008 at 04:45 AM.
    Don't forgive and never forget; Do unto others before they do unto you; and third and most importantly, keep your eye on your friends, because your enemies will take care of themselves. -J.R. Ewing

  39. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    1,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake View Post
    <H1>As reported on MSNBC:

    Holloway case solved? New info surfaces

    'May help considerably,' Aruba prosecutor's office says

    </H1>updated 1 hour, 34 minutes ago

    ORANJESTAD, Aruba - Aruban prosecutors said Thursday that authorities are investigating new information in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway provided by a Dutch crime reporter.
    A source close to the investigation told NBC that the information is a secretly recorded conversation between Joran van der Sloot, a Dutch man who was a suspect in the case, and a person previously unknown to investigators in Aruba.
    In the conversation, Van der Sloot allegedly gives details about the disappearance.
    The Aruba prosecutor's office said that information from Dutch reporter Peter R. de Vries may help resolve what happened to the American, who vanished during a May 2005 school vacation to the Dutch Caribbean island.
    "This information may help considerably in the solution of the mystery of Natalee's disappearance," the prosecutor's office said, without saying what it might be.
    "The mystery of Natalee Holloway will be solved Sunday," De Vries said on the Dutch television show RTL Boulevard, which showed him meeting Natalee's mother, Beth Twitty, at an Amsterdam airport. "It was a big operation that we worked on for months."
    De Vries’s Web site said the information was gathered through “an ingenious hidden camera tactic.” It said the reporter traveled to Aruba last week to inform authorities of his findings.
    De Vries had a testy exchange earlier this month during a televised interview in the Netherlands with van der Sloot.
    Van der Sloot, who was among the last people seen with the missing American, threw wine at De Vries after the reporter challenged his credibility.
    Joseph Tacopina, a U.S. attorney for Van der Sloot, said it was irresponsible for prosecutors to make the announcement without describing their evidence.
    "They act quite frankly like clowns," he said. "If they have a resolution, they should bring a case and stop talking about cryptic information."
    Prosecutors dismissed their case against Van der Sloot and two other suspects last month, saying that they lacked evidence to charge them or even to prove a crime was committed. Authorities have said the case could be reopened if new evidence surfaces.
    Holloway, of Mountain Brook, Ala., disappeared the final night of her high school graduation trip to Aruba. She was 18 at the time.
    She was last seen in public leaving a bar with Van der Sloot and two Surinamese brothers — Deepak and Satish Kalpoe — hours before she was due to board a flight home. The three men have been repeatedly detained as suspects but denied any wrongdoing.
    Thank you to the moderator who moved this to the correct thread. I did search and my computer at work wouldn't find it for me!!

  40. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    1,472
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    Student Says He Lied in Holloway Case

    Email this Story
    Feb 1, 9:44 PM (ET

    By MIKE CORDER


    [

    (AP) Joran van der Sloot, right, sits in a car with his father, Paulus Van Der Sloot, after Joran was...

    THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) - Dutch student Joran van der Sloot denied Friday that he had anything to do with Natalee Holloway's disappearance, saying he lied when he told someone privately he was involved.

    The statement came hours after Aruban prosecutors announced they were reopening their investigation into the disappearance of the Alabama teenager after seeing secretly taped material from a Dutch journalist.

    Van der Sloot was interviewed by the respected Dutch television show "Pauw & Witteman" following reports that crime reporter Peter R. De Vries had captured him making statements about the case.

    "It is true I told someone. Everybody will see it Sunday," Van der Sloot said, referring to De Vries' planned television show. De Vries claims to have solved the mystery of Holloway's May 2005 disappearance with the help of an undercover investigation.

    Van der Sloot spoke to the late night current affairs show by telephone. His voice was recognizable from an earlier appearance on the show, which has closely followed the Holloway case.

    "That is what he wanted to hear, so I told him what he wanted to hear," Van der Sloot said, adding that he had built up a relationship with the man he spoke to, but had never fully trusted him. He did not identify the man.

    "It is so stupid, it is so stupid, it is really stupid," Van der Sloot said, his voice cracking.

    Aruban prosecutors said earlier Friday that they are reopening their investigation into Holloway's disappearance after seeing De Vries' material.

    "The recordings made available to the Public Prosecutor have given the Public Prosecutor a reason to reopen the investigation," the public prosecutor's office said in a statement.

    Aruba prosecutors made no reference to the possibility of an arrest, and Van der Sloot said he does not expect to be arrested again.

    "It's easy to prove that what I said is not true, and that actually this is much ado about nothing, and so it's actually a shame that her mother has flown here and everything," he said.

    One of Van der Sloot's attorneys, Joseph Tacopina of New York, said his client shouldn't have discussed the case.

    "He should have hung up the phone, but he didn't. Clearly it's not something his parents are happy about," Tacopina told The Associated Press.

    "The evidence refutes what Joran supposedly said," said Tacopina, who said he heard of the interview through media reports. "It doesn't change the truth of this case. And the truth is, Joran had nothing to do with Natalee's death."

    De Vries has not made clear what the "confession" consists of. Dutch newspapers published a partial transcript of his talks with Aruba prosecutor Hans Mos, and Mos' office said Friday that "what appeared on the Internet seems to be a reproduction of a part of the conversation."

    In the transcript, De Vries refers to a "confession" he obtained from suspect van der Sloot, but doesn't say what he allegedly admitted to.

    "This is very impressive," Mos is quoted as responding in the transcript, though it was not clear what specifically he was referring to. "We have thought to ourselves that this was a very probable chain of events but until now we lacked sufficient evidence."

    In another part of the transcript, the prosecutor says: "Clearly, it's the first time that he's confessed to somebody. This is his coming out."

    Holloway, 18, of Mountain Brook, Alabama, was last seen in public leaving a bar with Van der Sloot and two Surinamese brothers - Deepak and Satish Kalpoe - hours before she was due to board a flight home from a school trip to Aruba. No trace of her has ever been found.
    The three were re-arrested in November, but released within weeks for lack of evidence. Prosecutors then dismissed their case against them, saying they lacked evidence even to prove a crime had been committed. Authorities have said the case could be reopened if new evidence surfaces.
    Van der Sloot, who lived in Aruba at the time of Holloway's disappearance, has always denied any role in her disappearance, as have the Kalpoe brothers.
    On Thursday, Aruban prosecutors had said they were investigating new information provided by De Vries. Without providing details, the prosecutors said the new material might help them determine how Holloway died and what happened to her body.

    De Vries told Dutch television that he used a hidden camera in Aruba and the Netherlands to obtain images "that have proved to be very important" and that he would reveal what happened to Holloway on Sunday.

    Two weeks ago, after an appearance on "Pauw & Witteman" with De Vries, Van der Sloot threw wine in the journalist's face after he challenged his credibility. ---

    Arrest him anyway and make him stay there...wtf??? He's out telling stories now and admitting how things happened and then saying.."oh the story is made up...I just did it because I didn't trust the person" I say...HOW AWFUL ON THE PARENTS!!!

  41. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,714
    What is so bad, is that these boys probably were in a situation that went wrong. I don't think they left the club that night to murder. If they had said it was an accident, it would probably be over with by now.

  42. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    What is so bad, is that these boys probably were in a situation that went wrong. I don't think they left the club that night to murder. If they had said it was an accident, it would probably be over with by now.
    One can only hope somewhere along the line that this nags at one of them sooooo badly that they will break, confess, and the truth will be revealed. I can't imagine living one single day with something sooooo heavy on my conscience (which apparently these young men are TOTALLY devoid of)


    What fresh hell is this ? ~ Dorothy Parker

    ]

  43. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,714
    Well, It has been said about the Danish guy, that he is a sociopath, so he would feel no shame, or wrong doing. If that's the case, then he is enjoying the lime light, and the fact he is getting away with it.

  44. #94
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,776
    ABC NEWS TO AIR 90-MINUTE “SPECIAL EDITION OF
    20/20: THE FINAL HOURS OF NATALEE HOLLOWAY,”
    MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4
    Nearly three years after the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, new evidence has just surfaced prompting Aruban legal authorities to reopen the case. ABC News has obtained exclusive U.S. rights to stunning new information caught on tape that has the potential to blow the case wide open. Chris Cuomo and Elizabeth Vargas will report the very latest in these breaking developments on a special edition of “20/20,” MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4 (9:31-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

  45. #95
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    ABC NEWS TO AIR 90-MINUTE “SPECIAL EDITION OF
    20/20: THE FINAL HOURS OF NATALEE HOLLOWAY,”
    MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4
    Nearly three years after the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, new evidence has just surfaced prompting Aruban legal authorities to reopen the case. ABC News has obtained exclusive U.S. rights to stunning new information caught on tape that has the potential to blow the case wide open. Chris Cuomo and Elizabeth Vargas will report the very latest in these breaking developments on a special edition of “20/20,” MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4 (9:31-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.
    I hope this is not being hyped for nothing. Already reported that a news person planted a mic on someone, to get the kid to confess. They say they have caught him, and even know what happened to her body, but without further evidence, it will be for nothing. At best it will give the mom a chance to find out what happened to her daughters body. She already knows what was done to her before death, because according to her book, she listened as the boys told what they did to Natalie, during the sex part, and her being almost unconscious.

  46. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,232
    The mom "listened"? How? I want to read that book...

  47. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,714
    It is the mothers new book. Darn, I have that one too. I wish you guys lived closer, and I could share my books with you.

  48. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,232
    But til I get it....can you hint how she was able to listen?

  49. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,714
    Sure,

    She was allowed to hear some of the statements made about her daughter, from the three arrested guys.

    They said Nat wanted to go with them, to the beach. While in the car they fingered her, and even described her panties, (Color, etc) and what kind of bikini cut she had.

    Can you imagine how that must have felt for the mother to have to listen to it. I am sure she did it to learn as much as she could, but the pain she must have been in must have been terrible.

  50. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,232
    Oh my god. Unthinkable. No one deserves the hell that woman must be in.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •