Thread: Jacqueline Courtney from One Life to Live and Another World

Jacqueline Courtney from One Life to Live and Another World

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2010/12/j...ssed-away.html

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Jacqueline Courtney Has Passed Away

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 Posted by Damon L. Jacobs
    Labels: Another World, Loving, One Life to Live
    Soap Opera Digest has reported that beloved soap star Jacqueline Courtney (born Sharon Courtney) has passed away of metastatic melanoma at age 64. Courtney was half of the iconic coupling of Alice and Steve (George Reinholt) on ANOTHER WORLD and played the role from 1964-1975, and again from 1984-1985. After ANOTHER WORLD, Courtney starred as the popular character of Pat Ashley on ONE LIFE TO LIVE from 1975-1983. She retired from acting in 1987 after making a brief appearance on LOVING but did appear on ANOTHER WORLD's 25th Anniversary Week of episodes in 1989.

WE LOVE SOAPS TV mourns this great loss, and wish the very best to her family and friends.
    Last edited by crazedfemale; 12-29-2010 at 06:05 PM.
    In memory of a wonderful actor who left us way too soon - William Holden 1918-1981.

Guest Guest
    I recognise her from the soaps. Pretty lady.
    R.I.P Jacqueline.

Alice and Steve--they were like a soap super-couple before the phrase was coined. I can remember watching AW and then Somerset.

Good Lord. I remember her! That double picture of her as a blonde and as a mouseburger in glasses was from OLTL when she played a dual role.

As a gawky 14 year old, I thought she was the epitome of glamour.

VCNJ~

I started watching One Life to Live in 1976, her character was a major player at the time. RIP
    In memory of a wonderful actor who left us way too soon - William Holden 1918-1981.

During those years, I watched OLTL religiously and I do remember the character Pat but the name is all I recall. RIP
    Do not knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

Funny how she always seemed so much older than me when I watched OLTL in the 70s...and now I'm 47 & she just doesn't seem that old. RIP, lovely lady.

Quote Originally Posted by VeuveClicquotNJ View Post
    Good Lord. I remember her! That double picture of her as a blonde and as a mouseburger in glasses was from OLTL when she played a dual role.

As a gawky 14 year old, I thought she was the epitome of glamour.

VCNJ~
    Another World was one of my favorite soaps- started watching when I was a teenager! Jackie was the good girl from the good family "The Matthews" Steven Frame was kind of a precursor to Victor Newman- the millionaire playboy and his fair lady Alice Have to confess I was always rooting for Rachel- the bad girl!

I loved Another World. Steven and Alice were probably my first memory of watching soaps, my mom would always watch it.
    RIP

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    During those years, I watched OLTL religiously and I do remember the character Pat but the name is all I recall. RIP

Pat and Alice were sisters, i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancynancy View Post
    Pat and Alice were sisters, i think.
    They were. Pat was married to John Randolph who later married the evil olive. I can't believe I remember this but my mother was hooked on this show and you could not speak to her while it was on. So we all watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancynancy View Post
    Alice and Steve--they were like a soap super-couple before the phrase was coined. I can remember watching AW and then Somerset.
    Those were the glory days of soaps!