Thread: Senator Proposes Deploying Military On Congress

Senator Proposes Deploying Military On Congress

Yup. Not a joke. Right Wing war monger Lindsey Graham says the first thing he would do if elected President is send the military to Congress and force them to restore defense and intel cuts. Aka he's proposing a coup on congress as to force his agenda. In his words...

"And here's the first thing I would do if I were president of the United States. I wouldn't let Congress leave town until we fix this. I would literally use the military to keep them in if I had to. We're not leaving town until we restore these defense cuts. We are not leaving town until we restore the intel cuts."

As the article I'm posting says... he's not talking about keeping them there until there is an up and down vote allowing democracy to decide. He said until the cuts were restored. The only thing shocking about this is that he actually said it out loud. It's plain to see the right wing in America want to do away with all Government and form a right wing dictatorship.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...ess/ar-AA9F1fS
    I Do Not Own A Twitter Machine

His office said he was joking.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Yup. Not a joke. Right Wing war monger Lindsey Graham says the first thing he would do if elected President is send the military to Congress and force them to restore defense and intel cuts. Aka he's proposing a coup on congress as to force his agenda. In his words...

"And here's the first thing I would do if I were president of the United States. I wouldn't let Congress leave town until we fix this. I would literally use the military to keep them in if I had to. We're not leaving town until we restore these defense cuts. We are not leaving town until we restore the intel cuts."

As the article I'm posting says... he's not talking about keeping them there until there is an up and down vote allowing democracy to decide. He said until the cuts were restored. The only thing shocking about this is that he actually said it out loud. It's plain to see the right wing in America want to do away with all Government and form a right wing dictatorship.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...ess/ar-AA9F1fS

Not shocking that he said it out loud at all. The Right is spiraling out of contriol and showing us who they really are

losing their collective mind

True Kate. The recent anti-American letter to Iran is another example. It's treason. That little publicity ploy backfired.

I lean to the right on some issues; but that's seriously fucked up.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday. Somehow, it didn't make the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    His office said he was joking.
    Yeh, and I've just outlawed Russia and the bombing starts in five minutes. Blast from the past anyone?

The only thing surprising about this to me is that he didn't tack on "until they repeal Obamacare and finally bring me some real Egyptian cotton sheets with a threadcount befitting my office - and a shrubbery, a nice one, not too big but with lots of leaves."

You be careful out among them English.
    Don't mess with the banjo player - he's hard core, dude!
    Catch my music on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ve...aaqUrXEEcb50Y2
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009366909869

It's a complete joke to think he was just joking.

It's a complete joke to think he was just joking.
    Joke or no joke, I think it reveals a lot about the man's personality.

Maybe it's time for a remake of "Seven Days in May".

Catch my music on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ve...aaqUrXEEcb50Y2

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post

Reveals a lot about his party as well

There are idiots on the Right AND the Left... To lump all of the Party in one shit pile is simply absurd Shipmatekate

That was a good movie. No green screens or cgi, just good old fashioned acting. Fail-Safe was another flick that scared the crap out of me.
    Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light......Dylan Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Reveals a lot about his party as well
    It says nothing about his party no more than the knuckle headed crap members of your party have spouted out defines the democrats. When people who think like you can eventually get their minds wrapped around that will be when we can have a less partisan discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    It says nothing about his party no more than the knuckle headed crap members of your party have spouted out defines the democrats. When people who think like you can eventually get their minds wrapped around that will be when we can have a less partisan discussion.
    Yeah, it's all our fault

Yeah, it's all our fault
    Not a chance!

Just like a Democrat - trying to hog all the credit.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday. Somehow, it didn't make the news.

Anyone who defends what that war monger said is an extreme conservative and should stop trying to pretend that they aren't. I don't recall a Democrat Senator saying they would perform a coup on Congress to pass his agenda. I don't recall a republican doing it either.

Folks say the darndest things sometimes don't they. Way too much traffic and barriers around there to get a decent size APC or Tank in.
    Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light......Dylan Thomas

Yeah, it's all our fault
    It's just not necessary to always push the narrative in that direction. And yes, I'm ignoring your vulgar PM.

Anyone who defends what that war monger said is an extreme conservative and should stop trying to pretend that they aren't. I don't recall a Democrat Senator saying they would perform a coup on Congress to pass his agenda. I don't recall a republican doing it either.
    That's not conservative - that's batshit crazy.

The guy is definitely no Abraham Lincoln - but he could be a Log Cabin Republican if he would finally poke his nose outside of that little ole closet.

The guy is definitely no Abraham Lincoln - but he could be a Log Cabin Republican if he would finally poke his nose outside of that little ole closet.
    I got the exact same vibe from him.