Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2363707172
Results 3,551 to 3,557 of 3557

Thread: Ghosts, Poltergeists, Haunted Places & Stories

Well, We've had a few more weird happenings here...It usually centers around the kitchen and the main floor bedrooms..
    Oddly enough the basement seems benign.
    It started up again a few nights ago- The kitchen is always stressful, Just over all tense..Has been since moving in.
    The bedrooms if you sit in there to watch tv or even just settling in for the night..Occasionally out of the corner of your eye there is movement, But its gone in a flash- We just moved our bedroom to the guest room and that seems when things turned up a notch. We had smudged with sweet grass and cedar to get rid of any bad juju that might be around there...So with that said: Last night we went to bed early and doors shut because we have a very nosy 25lb siamese who enjoys short sheeting us lol!
    Long story short our daughter came down to get ready for bed and all of a sudden hears the door open and shut, Thinking my husband or I had to use the bathroom she came out and seeing the door open, that we were both somewhat asleep, She said " Mom, I thought you were waiting for the bathroom?" Just as I went to say No, The door swung shut and latched! No windows opened, No wind, The cat was upstairs..and the dog was in bed.
    This particular bedroom door, The knob has to turn just right to open, it takes a bit of effert.. and there is always a click..
    same for closing..Our daughter just stood there and watched like she couldn't believe what she just saw!
    She then opened the door and said did you just see that? I did and although not scared I am unsettled when weird things happen with no explanation.
    This is the same bedroom that I saw what appeared to be a transparent little girl pass by me in the middle of the night when we first moved in while on the way to the bathroom...But I chalked that up to being half asleep..
    I dunno, its strange.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 04-15-2017 at 01:34 PM.

That's interesting. Have you done any research on the house?

http://www.wistv.com/story/35390098/...mystery-tenant

Just wondering if anyone has heard the strange story about this house?
    They claim that the house is for sale, However, there are alot of stipulations in regard to the property such as: Potential buyers CANNOT ask about the "residence"- Particularly about the upstairs apartment where there is a "tenant" who doesn't pay rent, but there is a lease, Tenant cannot be bothered or evicted and the new owner is suppose to basically keep this tenant on at new owners expense/ responsibility? WTH? (Seems a bit illegal)
    There has been a lot of speculation on this property anywhere from the "Tenant" being some artist to some thinking its a ghost.
    I dunno, I believe in ghosts but IMO I think its a stunt/story to get ppl interested in just an old delapitated house that use to be nice. JMO
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 05-10-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Stunt
    Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them--Matthew 7:12

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.--Vincent Van Gogh

The only unexplained thing that ever happened to me was one morning I was awakened by a vacant bedroom's door rattling back and forth as I lay abed. I thought perhaps rats, but dismissed that on their size alone, and finally surmised a draft from the window, but it was shut, so, I still don't know.

Lots of unexplainable things have happened to me in the last 56 years, but the following takes the cake in it's weirdness.

One day late last month, I got a big bowl of homemade vegetable soup out of the fridge, set it on the table, sat down, when something cold rushed across my foot, brushing my ankle. I didn't feel feet, just the cold brush. At first, I thought it might be condensation dropping off the bowl, though the feeling was too much for a few drops of cold water, or that Bella had gone amok and pissed on me, though piss is warm. Besides, my skin was dry.

Sissy and I have chalked it up to the ghost cat who's usually satisfied hopping in bed with me. Maybe it's a different cat?
    Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them--Matthew 7:12

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.--Vincent Van Gogh

We had a ghost cat at a house I lived in back in Pensacola. Angela, my roommate, kept talking about there being a ghost cat. One evening I was sitting at the computer and I felt a cat rub up against one of my legs so I backed up to look under my desk and nothing was there. Angela was in the next room and I yelled, "Where are the cats?" and she said, "They're all on the couch with me." I told her, "Well I just experienced the ghost cat." We think it followed us here to Indiana because we've had a few experiences. My cat, Tyler, died a couple of months ago and for a while I would feel him get in the bed with me at night. I miss him so much. I guess he's moved on though because it hasn't happened since right after he died.