Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2363707172
Results 3,551 to 3,563 of 3563

Thread: Ghosts, Poltergeists, Haunted Places & Stories

Well, We've had a few more weird happenings here...It usually centers around the kitchen and the main floor bedrooms..
    Oddly enough the basement seems benign.
    It started up again a few nights ago- The kitchen is always stressful, Just over all tense..Has been since moving in.
    The bedrooms if you sit in there to watch tv or even just settling in for the night..Occasionally out of the corner of your eye there is movement, But its gone in a flash- We just moved our bedroom to the guest room and that seems when things turned up a notch. We had smudged with sweet grass and cedar to get rid of any bad juju that might be around there...So with that said: Last night we went to bed early and doors shut because we have a very nosy 25lb siamese who enjoys short sheeting us lol!
    Long story short our daughter came down to get ready for bed and all of a sudden hears the door open and shut, Thinking my husband or I had to use the bathroom she came out and seeing the door open, that we were both somewhat asleep, She said " Mom, I thought you were waiting for the bathroom?" Just as I went to say No, The door swung shut and latched! No windows opened, No wind, The cat was upstairs..and the dog was in bed.
    This particular bedroom door, The knob has to turn just right to open, it takes a bit of effert.. and there is always a click..
    same for closing..Our daughter just stood there and watched like she couldn't believe what she just saw!
    She then opened the door and said did you just see that? I did and although not scared I am unsettled when weird things happen with no explanation.
    This is the same bedroom that I saw what appeared to be a transparent little girl pass by me in the middle of the night when we first moved in while on the way to the bathroom...But I chalked that up to being half asleep..
    I dunno, its strange.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 04-15-2017 at 01:34 PM.

That's interesting. Have you done any research on the house?

http://www.wistv.com/story/35390098/...mystery-tenant

Just wondering if anyone has heard the strange story about this house?
    They claim that the house is for sale, However, there are alot of stipulations in regard to the property such as: Potential buyers CANNOT ask about the "residence"- Particularly about the upstairs apartment where there is a "tenant" who doesn't pay rent, but there is a lease, Tenant cannot be bothered or evicted and the new owner is suppose to basically keep this tenant on at new owners expense/ responsibility? WTH? (Seems a bit illegal)
    There has been a lot of speculation on this property anywhere from the "Tenant" being some artist to some thinking its a ghost.
    I dunno, I believe in ghosts but IMO I think its a stunt/story to get ppl interested in just an old delapitated house that use to be nice. JMO
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 05-10-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Stunt
    You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

The only unexplained thing that ever happened to me was one morning I was awakened by a vacant bedroom's door rattling back and forth as I lay abed. I thought perhaps rats, but dismissed that on their size alone, and finally surmised a draft from the window, but it was shut, so, I still don't know.

Lots of unexplainable things have happened to me in the last 56 years, but the following takes the cake in it's weirdness.

One day late last month, I got a big bowl of homemade vegetable soup out of the fridge, set it on the table, sat down, when something cold rushed across my foot, brushing my ankle. I didn't feel feet, just the cold brush. At first, I thought it might be condensation dropping off the bowl, though the feeling was too much for a few drops of cold water, or that Bella had gone amok and pissed on me, though piss is warm. Besides, my skin was dry.

Sissy and I have chalked it up to the ghost cat who's usually satisfied hopping in bed with me. Maybe it's a different cat?

We had a ghost cat at a house I lived in back in Pensacola. Angela, my roommate, kept talking about there being a ghost cat. One evening I was sitting at the computer and I felt a cat rub up against one of my legs so I backed up to look under my desk and nothing was there. Angela was in the next room and I yelled, "Where are the cats?" and she said, "They're all on the couch with me." I told her, "Well I just experienced the ghost cat." We think it followed us here to Indiana because we've had a few experiences. My cat, Tyler, died a couple of months ago and for a while I would feel him get in the bed with me at night. I miss him so much. I guess he's moved on though because it hasn't happened since right after he died.

I don't know if this is the right spot for this, but....
    When my Dads older brother passed away there were many crazy stories about things that happened that showed he was still around. I had 2 extremely vivid dreams involving him. My daddy passed away a week and a half ago, and nothing. Could it be because my uncle passed suddenly and unexpectedly, and Daddy went peacefully after everybody got to say goodbye? With my uncle he knew we were all struggling to make sense of what happened, and with Dad we're at peace knowing he is at peace and is no longer suffering?
    "Deal with the world like you are shopping at a garage sale- Calmly sift through the crap with a smile! Only buy what you need!" ~ Donnie Wahlberg Words of Wisdom

I'm so sorry you lost your dad, sassy. It's a hearbreak you never forget.
    When my dad passed, after suffering from Parkinsons for 6 years, I was at his side in my parents home, I wanted to hear or sense something, but it was a year after his death. My mother had ALZ, I cared for her along with dad, and she had to go into the hospital for several weeks. I came home to rest and get somethings for her one day and in about 5 minutes the smoke alarm went off. I had replaced the batteries when time changed about a month before. I checked for smoke, nothing. I turned the alarm off, and it went off again. It happened twice again. I relized how quiet the house was with me and mom gone. So I 'talked' to dad. " Pop, mom will be home in about 3 days. she is ok. Please, knock it off! " lol. the alarm stopped and never went off again. I believe with my heart he just wanted to get my attention.

The last time I heard from him was a very vivid dream. I was at his cabin on the lake, it was dark, but with a big ole yellow moon. There was a fire in the pit, and suddenly I saw my dad sitting in a chair, holding a fishing pole. I was so happy to see him When I went to his side, he looked up at me and said ' bring us some firewood'. When I returned, I got the fire blazing. He handed me a fishing pole, and pointed to a chair. In silence, we sat there and fished, not a word was said. It just peaceful, and when I woke up I new he was a rest. Since that dream, I feel reassured and content, his suffering was gone.
    Give it time, he will come to you, and it may be very subtle so keep a close out for the slightest change.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plan.

RIP DADDY 1/17/1925 - 5/26/2011
    RIP Momma 4/12/1930-5/13/2014

Sassy I am so sorry about your dad passing, No it isn't always someone that has died unexpectedly or tragically, my grandpa lived to be 79 and died due to lung cancer the second time around, I don't smoke and we live in california, my grandpa was in Indiana, he hadn't smoked in years not long after he died I kept smell cigarette smoke and old spice after shave he always wore it, one night I had just come home from being out with my hubby, we don't have kids or anything or any toy cars, up on our porch step was a little red hot wheels toy truck, my grandpa drove a red truck, could he have left it there to me know, our yard area is fenced in and the neighbor kids do not come into our area without asking first.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer.

Thanks.
    He had a twin that died when they were 6. Maybe he is too busy catching up with him to let us know he is ok
    "Deal with the world like you are shopping at a garage sale- Calmly sift through the crap with a smile! Only buy what you need!" ~ Donnie Wahlberg Words of Wisdom

So sorry about your dad, Sassy.

Sissy heard Mama calling her name one night, and my granny kept watch on me while I was in the hospital in 2009.

Speaking of hospital. In my thread about what happened to me, I mention having and Out of Body Experience. I also saw two or three ghosts. Both times there was a nurse or doctor in the room with me, but they didn't see what I saw. So, I was looking at the living person, turned my head to the right and there was this dark-haird chick staring at me. Hair pulled back, a hint of collar, and that was all. She vanished. A day or so before I was transferred to rehab, two more appeared. Now, one of them may have been the dark haired chick. I don't know, because all she would allow me to see was the back side of her hair. The other one was blond with bangs. Her right eye was nothing but skin grown over the socket; the left eye was a tiny black dot above a massively swollen jaw. I got the impression she died of a brain tumor. She also had her right thumb in her ear with her fingers sticking up, as if she were mocking me.

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    http://www.wistv.com/story/35390098/...mystery-tenant

Just wondering if anyone has heard the strange story about this house?
    They claim that the house is for sale, However, there are alot of stipulations in regard to the property such as: Potential buyers CANNOT ask about the "residence"- Particularly about the upstairs apartment where there is a "tenant" who doesn't pay rent, but there is a lease, Tenant cannot be bothered or evicted and the new owner is suppose to basically keep this tenant on at new owners expense/ responsibility? WTH? (Seems a bit illegal)
    There has been a lot of speculation on this property anywhere from the "Tenant" being some artist to some thinking its a ghost.
    I dunno, I believe in ghosts but IMO I think its a stunt/story to get ppl interested in just an old delapitated house that use to be nice. JMO
    The mysterious Tenant
    CAYCE, SC (WIS) - It's the post you've seen across your Facebook feed - rental property listing in the Midlands has gone viral.
    The post, which says the 4-bedroom single-family home in Cayce comes with an upstairs tenant, has already garnered nearly 1.3 million views on Zillow and has people all over the country sharing the story.
    The upstairs tenant's name is Randall McKissick, a 70-year-old retired artist who says he had no idea about the listing going viral.
    McKissick says he started living in the home when a friend gave him a helping hand. He says he has fallen on hard times as an artist due to changes in the industry. When McKissick had no place to call home, his friend Mike offered him a place.
    “I think the rent just got too high and I was booted out. Mike says, ‘I have a place for you.’ And I’ve been here since [then]," McKissick says.
    Mike is said to be the owner of the property, and McKissick’s childhood friend.
    “I’ve known Mike – his father built the house – since junior high school,” McKissick says. http://www.wistv.com/story/35399229/...nttype=generic
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer.