View Poll Results: Is it time to head for the hills due to Obama's re-election?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, grabbing my shotgun and canteen as we speak.

4 21.05%
  • No, that's foolishness!

15 78.95%
Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6789101757 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Presidential election

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    If rick perry gets in the race, I'm changing my vote to him.
    Yikes. The dudes a snake oil selling charlatan.
    Dont vote for the hair.
    Suck it.

He's in and I'm behind him too.

I'm interested in why you guys are behind Perry? What policies has he instituted that you like? I like his law that allows the children of illegal aliens to receive in-state tuition for Texas state universities. It creates more tax payers. Texas is the model of the dream act. I also like his stance on secession. By all means Perry, secede. America has enough of Texan economics.
    Last edited by JefeStone; 08-12-2011 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    What a joke. The middle class spend more of their income while the rich horde. In the United States today, the wealthiest one per cent of the population owns more than the bottom 95 per cent. No wonder the GOP loves them some trickle up economics.
    On another post you have the rich spending $9,000.00 On coats and now you have them hoarding? Consumer confidence is at a low because of uncertainty.
    I imagine this past week has took a toll on everyone's investments.
    Where is everyone hoarding this money?
    Last edited by coconn04; 08-12-2011 at 02:49 AM.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    On another post you have the rich spending $9,000.00 On coats and now you have them hoarding? Consumer confidence is at a low because of uncertainty.
    I imagine this past week has took a toll on everyone's investments.
    Where is everyone hoarding this money?
    Again, show me I'm wrong. Show me that that gap between the upper 5% and the rest of us hasn't exploded since the myth of trickle down economics became the GOP economic platform in 1980. I post stat after stat, Graph after graph showing the results of years of analysis. You answer with your opinion, which by all means you are entitled to, but you state nothing to back it up. I think I will take trained economist and statisticians word over yours.
    Last edited by JefeStone; 08-12-2011 at 03:10 AM.

I posted that the overall wealth of this country is down. Rich people could afford the lawyers and consultants to help them invest wisely where poorer people do not.
    Everyone gets hits by economic volatility. This is what is missing from your equation.
    You are showing a gap but you are not showing the decline of wealth
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

I'm interested in why you guys are behind Perry? What policies has he instituted that you like? I like his law that allows the children of illegal aliens to receive in-state tuition for Texas state universities. It creates more tax payers. Texas is the model of the dream act. I also like his stance on secession. By all means Perry, secede. America has enough of Texan economics.
    Its clearly because Texas has recently been behaving more like an independent economic republic than a regular state that its doing so well. Unlike the rest of the US, Texas isn't having the problems with housing and jobs. Clearly Obama isn't working for America and none of the other republicans running is interesting to me. The GOP needs to put up someone who can beat Obama and I think that Perry could be the guy.

OMG...I am ashamed to say that Idiot Perry is the governor of my state...he has RUINED Texas...another guy who barely passed his college classes...why would anyone vote for this imbecile (dunce; blockhead; dolt)? He would make sure to run the country into a ditch the size of the Grand Canyon.

Here is some "good" information about the Idiot's "accomplishments"...Texas Used Stimulus to Cover 97% of Its Deficit...

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...deficit/70077/
    Last edited by Cynful; 08-12-2011 at 08:38 AM.

All governments are lying cocksuckers.
    -Bill Hicks

that's my stance. bill said it perfectly.
    I have a good relationship with God. I don't understand Him. He doesn't understand me.
    -G. Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    The GOP needs to put up someone who can beat Obama and I think that Perry could be the guy.

Perry is a sanctimonious IDIOT...another guy who barely squeaked through his college classes...I wouldn't vote for that LOSER if he was the last person on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by cdolen View Post
    Perry is a sanctimonious IDIOT...another guy who barely squeaked through his college classes...I wouldn't vote for that LOSER if he was the last person on earth.
    That's cool. I think he can still win.

Quote Originally Posted by mccourt View Post
    that's cool. I think he can still win.

IMO, NO WAY. Him and all his "Jesus" junk...how santimonious and small minded to act like people of ALL FAITHS must pander to a bunch of evangelical "Christ" worshipers acting like their beliefs are the only ones of any substance. UUGGHHHH.
    Last edited by Cynful; 08-12-2011 at 10:56 AM.

IMO, NO WAY. Him and all his "Jesus" junk...how santimonious and small minded to act like people of ALL FAITHS must pander to a bunch of evangelical "Christ" worshipers acting like their beliefs are the only ones of any substance. UUGGHHHH.
    Well we don't have to wait long to find out!! November 2012 will be here before we know it.

Perry's approval rating in his own state is 37%. Even his fellow Repubs in Texas think he is incompetent.

Perry's approval rating in his own state is 37%. Even his fellow Repubs in Texas think he is incompetent.
    Since October, when the last Lyceum survey was conducted, Perry's approval rating has remained steady at 54 percent. . .
    Thursday, June 16, 2011

If Rick Perry were to get elected, I'm moving, because I don't want to live in a theocracy. Religion and politics should never mix.

Texas polling from public policy polling

Q16 If the candidates for President next year were
    Democrat Barack Obama and Republican Rick
    Perry, who would you vote for?

Barack Obama 47%
    Rick Perry 45%
    Undecided 8%

Q8 Do you approve or disapprove of Governor
    Rick Perry’s job performance?

Approve 43%
    Disapprove 52%
    Not sure 4%
    Q9 Do you think Rick Perry should run for
    president next year, or not?

He should run 33%
    He should not
    59%
    Not sure 8%

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p..._TX_629513.pdf
    Last edited by JefeStone; 08-12-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orionova View Post
    If Rick Perry were to get elected, I'm moving, because I don't want to live in a theocracy. Religion and politics should never mix.
    I said I wanted to move to Canada when Bush 43 was elected. Yes, I was one of those people. I looked into it and alas, I am not young, educated or rich enought to get in. LOL! My grandma was Canadian. She came to the US to marry my crappy grandfather. I could have been Canadian!! Moving from Calif. to Texas has been a real eye-opener for me to see how much Christianity is involved with politics here. I don't like it. I used to live in Utah! Yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by orionova View Post
    I personally don't want to be preached to by anyone, so I completely agree with you there. However, he's no more evangelical than some past presidents, so I don't think you need fear that. If he can get America back to work, then I think its worth it. None of the contenders is perfect, but I believe that Perry is the best that is offered. Check this out:

Governor Perry has overseen job growth in Texas that sits at 47% of all jobs created in the entirety of the United States -- just during the two and half years Obama's been in office.

Those are numbers that you just can't shake a stick at, IMO. Also, this is impressive:

While President Obama has been loading up the tax burden, fees, fines, and penalties for small businesses with his ObamaCare plan, the threat of higher taxes, and environmental pipe-dreams like "cap-and-trade," Governor Perry has reduced trivial regulation and has made Texas a dynamic environment to grow business. He's been so successful that corporations are relocating from the troubled states of California and New York. They're coming to the Lone Star State to set up shop, provide better service, and pay their workers better wages.

Again, I'm certainly not saying that he's perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but so far the GOP hasn't put up anyone that most people believe could beat Obama, but Rick Perry can do it.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/12/news....htm?hpt=hp_t1

"Texas, however, still faces many challenges on the jobs front. Many of the positions that have been created are on the lower end of the pay scale. Some 550,000 workers last year were paid at or below the federal minimum wage of $7.25, more than double the number making those wages in 2008, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
    That's 9.5% of the Texas workforce, which gives it the highest percentage of minimum-wage workers in the nation -- a dubious title it shares with Mississippi."
    The animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren; they are not underlings; they are other nations… ~Henry Beston, The Outermost House, 1928

This religious paranoia is humorous. JFK was a devout Catholic who routinely mentioned god, faith, spirituality and such in his speaches but all of a sudden Bachman and Perry's christian beliefs are a threat.

It is just something the left points out to undermine these people as if they could even do anything concrete with their religion. The most significant thing would possibly be in their supreme court appoinments but that has to go through bipartisan scrutiny.

I don't recall Kennedy having Prayer groups in Stadiums either. I don't recall Kennedy invading countries because God told him to. I don't recall Kennedy getting demons cast out of him by a witch hunter. I don't recall Kennedy trying to pray away someone's sexual orientation for money. Theology should have no place in policy making. Whats crazier? A dog telling the Son of Sam to kill or God telling Perry, Bachmann and Newt to run for POTUS. It's insane. Either A, they believe it, which I don't want some prayer induced hallucination in the oval office closet determining our countries fate, OR B, they are lying and taking advantage of people religious beliefs for votes.
    Last edited by JefeStone; 08-13-2011 at 04:22 PM.

I don't recall Kennedy having Prayer groups in Stadiums either. I don't recall Kennedy invading countries because God told him to. I don't recall Kennedy getting demons cast out of him by a witch hunter. I don't recall Kennedy trying to pray away someone's sexual orientation for money.
    I don't believe your old enough to re-call Kennedy doing anything.

Sarah Palin, your reaching with the witch doctor thing.

George Bush, so what, congress approved the war which was my point.

Rick Perry, has a christian prayer rally. What a horrible guy.

Bachman, She is not a therapist at her husbands clinic.

I'm not particularly fond of how these candidates let their religious beliefs out of the cage especially with aspirations of becoming the POTUS but the truth is that the only reason it has become a big deal is because it is beneficial to the left for it to be a big deal.

Conservatives are historically christian, no surprise.
    Last edited by Paulination; 08-13-2011 at 06:45 PM.

I spoke with my brother earlier (lives in Houston) and brought up Perry.

He just laughed.
    The only difference between a death hag and the rest of the world is that we don't DENY we're fascinated by death.... (Tebssis)

If Perry can beat Obama I want him in. Obama has spelled misery and gloom since he took office. I stated it before Id vote for Kermit the frog if it ment Obama being a 1 term president.

Obama MUST be defeated if the country has any hope

If Perry can beat Obama I want him in. Obama has spelled misery and gloom since he took office. I stated it before Id vote for Kermit the frog if it ment Obama being a 1 term president.

Obama MUST be defeated if the country has any hope
    Looking at the field of GOP hopefuls, do you see anyone besides Perry that you think could beat obama?

Michelle bachman
    Her getting headaches wont effect her ability to answer the phone at 3 am.

Bachman was my original choice. I like her alot, shes smart. Shes run her own business and has the best chance of beating Obama. I think a smart woman conservative is what the country needs to survive. If we fail to beat Obama our country is doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    I spoke with my brother earlier (lives in Houston) and brought up Perry.

He just laughed.

And rightfully so. Idiot Perry is dolt, a blockhead and a hypocrite. He yammered on and on about not accepting stimulus money, then took it and used it to balance the enormous Texas budget deficit. Our state ranks damn near next to last in education thanks to Perry's education cuts and making sure thousands and thousands of teachers lost their jobs. So exactly how is he going to put America "back to work"? Thump three times on his bible and pray it to be so? (BTW, he recently prayed for rain and we are STILL haing an unprecedented drought) I wish Perry would dry up. GMAB...POTUS...what a JOKE!!!

Every state must cut funds to survive. The teachers union are nothing more then money laundrying operations anyways. The union thugs force the teachers to pay dues which in turn get spent on a democrats campaign no matter what if any party the actual teacher supports. . They even brainwash the kids into supporting them. here at least ....

I dont take issue with the teachers who are on the front lines, But most public unions are run by thugs right down to the seiu. Perry should be commended , standing up to them. Just like Walker did in Wisconsin. Another great governor ...

Perry should be commended , standing up to them. Just like Walker did in Wisconsin. Another great governor ...
    Well, with all due respect. we'll just have to agree to disagree, as we obviously have extremely different opinions, which is fine. Perry should be commended all right, that is for being even dumber than Dumbya.
    Last edited by Cynful; 08-13-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Michelle bachman
    Her getting headaches wont effect her ability to answer the phone at 3 am.

Bachman was my original choice. I like her alot, shes smart. Shes run her own business and has the best chance of beating Obama. I think a smart woman conservative is what the country needs to survive. If we fail to beat Obama our country is doomed.
    She's smart, but her hatred of gays and lesbians makes her persona non grata as far as I'm concerned. She and her husband said that gays are barbarians who need to "pray away the gay." I wouldn't ever vote for her in a million years.

Indeed we do disagree.

and im the one on the left coast.

As far as bachman is concerned, her opinions on gays/lesbuians is a totally different thing. Gays will overcome the whole marrage thing. Its happening as I type this. Im thinking of the wellbeing of the countrys future. Americas future is at stake. Mine, yours, your kids everyones way of life.

Only 449 days till November 6 2012
    Last edited by Forever-27; 08-13-2011 at 10:35 PM.

Indeed we do disagree.

and im the one on the left coast.

As far as bachman is concerned, her opinions on gays/lesbuians is a totally different thing. Gays will overcome the whole marrage thing. Its happening as I type this. Im thinking of the wellbeing of the countrys future. Americas future is at stake. Mine, yours, your kids everyones way of life.

Only 449 days till November 6 2012

I hope you're right about gays and lesbians finally getting their civil rights, but I feel that in order to cast my vote for a candidate, I would at least have to like the person and I can't stand Bachmann. It would have been nice if Obama had followed through with DADT, but I think that it was just a trick to get reelected.

I hope you're right about gays and lesbians finally getting their civil rights, but I feel that in order to cast my vote for a candidate, I would at least have to like the person and I can't stand Bachmann.

McCourt,

You and I may not agree on Perry, however we definitely agree on Bachmann. Not in a million years would I ever vote for her either.

McCourt,

You and I may not agree on Perry, however we definitely agree on Bachmann. Not in a million years would I ever vote for her either.
    As bad as she is, her husband is ten times worse. I know that he's not the one running for office, but the spouses of the candidates DO have to be considered.

As bad as she is, her husband is ten times worse. I know that he's not the one running for office, but the spouses of the candidates DO have to be considered.
    OMG...you are so right- Marcus Bachmann is a real horror...how frightening...yeah, I'm sure they try to "pray away the gay" every night, cause you know, it can be repaired!?!?! Ummmm, rear ends of two horses much? (no offense to horses!)

OMG...you are so right- Marcus Bachmann is a real horror...how frightening...yeah, I'm sure they try to "pray away the gay" every night, cause you know, it can be repaired!?!?! Ummmm, rear ends of two horses much? (no offense to horses!)
    I feel sorry for their children. I think they are foster parents to like over 20 kids, plus their own biological kids. I hope none of them are gay or lesbian because that would have to be hell on earth.

I feel sorry for their children. I think they are foster parents to like over 20 kids, plus their own biological kids. I hope none of them are gay or lesbian because that would have to be hell on earth.
    It sure would...wonder if they would try to "pray it away"?!? Not only the "gay" but the child too...I just don't see them as compassionate or understanding people in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    I don't believe your old enough to re-call Kennedy doing anything.

Sarah Palin, your reaching with the witch doctor thing.

George Bush, so what, congress approved the war which was my point.

Rick Perry, has a christian prayer rally. What a horrible guy.

Bachman, She is not a therapist at her husbands clinic.

I'm not particularly fond of how these candidates let their religious beliefs out of the cage especially with aspirations of becoming the POTUS but the truth is that the only reason it has become a big deal is because it is beneficial to the left for it to be a big deal.

Conservatives are historically christian, no surprise.
    1. Thomas Muthee
    Muthee and his wife returned home to Kenya from Scotland, where he had finished his graduate studies, in 1988.[3] They soon felt that they were "called by God to Kiambu" and after six months of prayer, research, and "spiritual mapping," they came to believe that a woman known as "Mama Jane" was a witch, and thereby caused traffic fatalities, traffic accidents, crime, and spiritual oppression in the area.[2][6] Muthee alleged that "top government and business leaders [were] afraid to do anything without her approval," that at least one person per month would die in a car accident in front of her "divination house"[3] and that she weekly "went to Thomas' church site, performed magic, and cast her spells and curses."[5] Muthee publicly declared, “Mama Jane either gets saved and serves the Lord, or she leaves town! There is no longer room in Kiambu for both of us!"[5] Soon after his followers began to pray that God would either save or oust Mama Jane, three young people died in another apparent accident in front of Mama Jane's house, according to Muthee's account.[3] Angry townsfolk wanted to stone Mama Jane in retaliation for the traffic accidents. When the police entered Mama Jane's home to intervene, they were allegedly startled by what they believed to be a demon and shot her pet python to death.[3][6] Mama Jane was then questioned by police, after which she left town, according to some accounts.[3]
    Muthee has frequently referred to the Mama Jane event as an example of successful “spiritual mapping," which includes locating specific witches by research and prayer,[7] and spiritual warfare, claiming that crime and traffic accidents were reduced as a result of chasing Mama Jane out of town.[2][5][6] Others have referred to the event as an example of the power of prayer.[8][9] The event was depicted in two videos by George Otis, Jr.,[10][11] in which Muthee claimed that the crime and traffic accident rate in Kiambu dropped drastically after Mama Jane left, and that he is responsible for positive social change in the town.[2][5][12]
    Workgroup "Back to the Bible," headed by Pastor Rien van de Kraats of Kamperland, Netherlands, found no police reports or any other sources that backed up Muthee’s claims.[13] Investigators have asserted that "Mama Jane" is Jane Njenga, a local pastor who never left Kiambu.[14]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Muthee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAWM7E_WMfo

Thats reaching?

As far as Bachmann, she is a owner of the clinic. She profits from "praying the gay away"

Perry's prayer meeting? Ever hear separation of church and state? That mean anything to you at all? Government evangelism? Here is Gary Fisher. The man Perry picked to head his event. Nice guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skFskFNpWZM
    Last edited by JefeStone; 08-14-2011 at 12:52 AM.

The Republicans are not the only people who talk about religion. Jimmy Carter talks about religion all the time.
    I pointed out on other threads how the gay marriage vote was lost on California.
    The black evangelical block of the Democratic party came out in droves to vote for Obama and they also vote against gay marriage.
    Obama is not for gay marriage.
    You also have to remember that Obama belonged to some racists church for years and later claimed he didn't know what was going on.
    No candidate is for gay marriage, I don't see why anyone wants to isolate Bachmann's viewpoint on this because Obama doesn't have a great record on this issue.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Bachmann, an Iowa native who has shot to the top of polls in the leadoff caucus state since entering the race, has spent weeks meeting privately with ministers, who for years have formed a useful Republican political network in Iowa. Pastors helped former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee win the 2008 caucuses, and may have done the same for Bachmann on Saturday.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._lnk2%7C221887
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 08-14-2011 at 06:45 AM.
    The only difference between a death hag and the rest of the world is that we don't DENY we're fascinated by death.... (Tebssis)

The only thing that really bothers me about rick perry is way back when, I'm talking 1988 1989 sometime is that he was an avid drone of al gore. May have even worked on his staff but I'm not sure about that part. He was then in the tank for al gores global Great warming hoax. Sometime he changed parties andd his views but still it bothers me that he may fall back into that. But whomeverr gets the gop nomination will get my vote. Regretably that may very well be romney.

I think Rick Perry will be and say anything to get Rick Perry wants.

Bachman is indeed not the only candidate who talks openly about religion (someone upstream mentioned JFK's Catholicism), but IMO the difference is that several (me included) see her beliefs as EXTREME, which is where it hurts her with the more liberal voters. I'd be curious to see how many of her campaign staff are gay or lesbian. You guys were talking about "Pray the Gay Away". I saw an episode of Lisa Ling's Our America about this group. One of their founders renounced the group and has been living with his partner for years. I'd be scared to death of someone who told me if I prayed hard enough I could change my sexual orientation. It is scary to me that people believe that can be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    The only reason I watched the entire thing was because I was wondering who the middle aged lesbian white woman was in the house full of Armenians. Then I found out it was Bruce Jenner.

Again Michelle, is not a therapist and any political role she would have wouldn't involve any conversion. She is a tax attorney.
    I remember the actor, Anthony Perkins, from the film Psycho.
    He was like 40 and he sought help because he wasn't happy with the gay lifestyle.
    I don't know how he contacted Aids?
    Anthony was married at the end and had a couple of kids.
    If anyone knew anyone who felt like this, wouldn't you say to seek therapy.
    I think sexuality is a fluid thing and can change over a course of time.
    Just my opinion!

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Best Little Whorehouse in Texas

Sidestep ... Charles Durning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJG75FJkjr8

(aka Mitt Romney)
    I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman ... Arnold Schwarzenegger

Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    Bachman is indeed not the only candidate who talks openly about religion (someone upstream mentioned JFK's Catholicism), but IMO the difference is that several (me included) see her beliefs as EXTREME, which is where it hurts her with the more liberal voters. I'd be curious to see how many of her campaign staff are gay or lesbian. You guys were talking about "Pray the Gay Away". I saw an episode of Lisa Ling's Our America about this group. One of their founders renounced the group and has been living with his partner for years. I'd be scared to death of someone who told me if I prayed hard enough I could change my sexual orientation. It is scary to me that people believe that can be done.
    Yeah, this is it.

I think faith and religion are good for anyone who believes, and finds comfort there.

But I don't want the EXTREME, as you said, dragged to our White House where it could potentially affect decision making.

That is just too frightening to contemplate.

Also, I REALLY wish the religious teachers and leaders would stay out of politics and keep teaching their congregations about God instead of politicians.

They have too much influence over too many people. And lots of those people just lap it up instead of thinking for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Yeah, this is it.

I think faith and religion are good for anyone who believes, and finds comfort there.

But I don't want the EXTREME, as you said, dragged to our White House where it could potentially affect decision making.

That is just too frightening to contemplate.

Also, I REALLY wish the religious teachers and leaders would stay out of politics and keep teaching their congregations about God instead of politicians.

They have too much influence over too many people. And lots of those people just lap it up instead of thinking for themselves.
    Our Founding Fathers really knew what they were talking about when they talked about separation of Church and State.
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    The only reason I watched the entire thing was because I was wondering who the middle aged lesbian white woman was in the house full of Armenians. Then I found out it was Bruce Jenner.

Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    Our Founding Fathers really knew what they were talking about when they talked about separation of Church and State.
    People who came to this country were fleeing religious persecution.
    You are interpreting this statement as the churches hurting the government.
    It was meant to be the opposite. They didn't want the government hurting the churches.
    Even if all this were true, many people don't let their prejudices guide their decisionmaking.
    LBJ signed the civil rights act and he was a racist.
    As long as you don't want religion influencing people's decisions, tell the Democratic candidates to stop going to Black Churches and speaking from the pulpit.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Jefe you may be spot on about perry.. ill stay with my original choice of Michelle Bachman. She's got some real ideas I like. She's smart and would make a great president.