Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dana Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MagneticElectric View Post
    It wasn't her husband, it was her boyfriend at the time. I'm pretty sure the pics he admitted to taking never surfaced anywhere because (I think) Dana's family intervened. He also tried taking some pics of her at the funeral home but I think, again, her family went crazy and threw him out. Can't say I blame them.
    Wow. He sounds like a real prince.

did stern ever mention dana on his show after she died? i'd sure like to have heard what they spoke about after. musta been kinda creepy for them. i mean he was actually nice to her and not all horny towards her either, he probably sensed her massive vulnerability. i think he's kind of gross, but he stuck up for her. the guests were total assholes on the other hand.

i think her boyfriend had something to do with her death as well. He is a low life for recording her and taking pictures as she lay dying.
    "Never say goodbye, because saying goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting" Peter Pan.

Thank you Mr. Tyrrell for always being there. My mentor, my friend, my second dad. 1951-2014

Most of you probably know this already but I was reading this thread and I saw several people ask about Dana's son. Unfortunately, Dana's son committed suicide last year. Here is a link to an article from People magazine. Poor kid. At least they are reunited and the pain is gone for both of them.

http://www.people.com/people/article...368636,00.html

Here is a link to the People story. It didn't show up for me in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    http://www.people.com/people/article...368636,00.html

Here is a link to the People story. It didn't show up for me in your post.

Yeah, thanks, I was gonna post that it had been longer than a year. It was exactly two years ago.
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

Her death was beyond tragic. She was so talented and seemed to be a great person who just was struggling with the demon of addiction. Maybe it was just me but it sounded to me as if she was doing better in the Howard Stern interview, its just the callers were really taking a toll on her and to be doubted when you're trying to make progress in your life is fustrating. Not to mention it must have been annoying with Howard being the pervert he is towards her.

Speaking of the boyfriend, does anyone have information on him?
    "Life and death, energy and peace. If I stop today it was still worth it. Even the terrible mistakes that I made and would have unmade if I could. The pains that have burned me and scarred my soul, it was worth it, for having been allowed to walk where I've walked, which was to hell on earth, heaven on earth, back again, into, under, far in between, through it, in it, and above." - Gia Carangi

The only information I have on him is that he is an asshole. She was really scraping the bottom of the barrel when she hooked up with that loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    The only information I have on him is that he is an asshole. She was really scraping the bottom of the barrel when she hooked up with that loser.
    WORD
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

ROTFLMFAO!!! I love you Mammy!!!!
    My Posse's On Broadway

I see so many similarities between Dana and Anna Nicole Smith. Fame that is short-lived, struggles with chemical dependancy, hooking up with asstards, and both losing their sons in tragic ways. RIP Dana, I grew up with your show and hopefully, you have the peace you needed, now.

I can agree with that, Greatturtle. There are several similarities between Dana and Anna Nicole. They both went from being very popular to a long fall and problems with addictions. They also seemed to crave love and attention and had a lot of bottom feeders around them who only hung around to see what they could get for themselves. I think both of them were troubled and lonely and died much too young.

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but...does anyone know why there isn't a Dana Plato page on Findadeath.com? Did her family give Scott legal grief like Selina's did?

Quote Originally Posted by KK Bay View Post
    Sorry if this has been addressed already, but...does anyone know why there isn't a Dana Plato page on Findadeath.com? Did her family give Scott legal grief like Selina's did?
    Not all threads in the forum have corresponding links on Find-a-Death. In fact, the majority of the threads DO NOT have links. Most of the links are for very famous people, for people who died in unusual circumstances, or written by volunteers who have a special connection with someone.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Two observations- Johnny Whitaker may have something to do with all this drug-fueled premature female death. Dana's Wikipedia entry says he was Dana's manager, and of course he starred with Anissa Jones on "Family Affair". Also when she was young and quite attractive Dana looked like a younger Gillian Anderson, which is quite confusing as she's several years older than Anderson and never lived long enough to look like anyone's Mom and now Gillian does, and I'm so confused and I need to lie down.

It seems like I remember seeing some death pics of her in the RV... Am I dreaming that or have other people seen it too? If so - please share.... I'll be your best friend!!!
    My Posse's On Broadway

Flashback...

I was in the Clark County jail with Dana. It was over 20 years ago and we were both drug addicts...I don't remember anything terribly specific, but she - like the rest of us locked up in CCDC - was pretty quiet. She stuck to her room. I know that while I was locked up my biggest concern was that I wasn't getting high and really spent most of the time sleeping because I felt like shit as the drugs were processing out of my system. It was a pretty big deal that 'Data Plato' was in our mod because we all grew up with Diff'rent Strokes so we knew who she was, but to see her, she was just like the rest of us - busted for stupid shit and stuck someplace you didn't want to be, not able to be out doing what you wanted to be doing. There is nothing that stands out about her being in jail with me - when she was doing her 30 days (about 23 with 'good time') I was in for 6 months. There were certainly bigger concerns than another doped out white girl (<<<I was another doped out white girl too) while you were waiting for your turn to be let out to go back to your stupid ways. She kept a low profile, didn't cause any trouble, but did attract a little attention, mostly I think - criminals brains churnin a scheme to hang on to a celebrity, even one that didn't have anything left.

Been sober for 20 years - kinda strange thinking back that far, to those days. It could have been me that OD'd in a motor home and no one would have given me a second thought...

Quote Originally Posted by ktkatinmn View Post
    Flashback...

I was in the Clark County jail with Dana. It was over 20 years ago and we were both drug addicts...I don't remember anything terribly specific, but she - like the rest of us locked up in CCDC - was pretty quiet. She stuck to her room. I know that while I was locked up my biggest concern was that I wasn't getting high and really spent most of the time sleeping because I felt like shit as the drugs were processing out of my system. It was a pretty big deal that 'Data Plato' was in our mod because we all grew up with Diff'rent Strokes so we knew who she was, but to see her, she was just like the rest of us - busted for stupid shit and stuck someplace you didn't want to be, not able to be out doing what you wanted to be doing. There is nothing that stands out about her being in jail with me - when she was doing her 30 days (about 23 with 'good time') I was in for 6 months. There were certainly bigger concerns than another doped out white girl (<<<I was another doped out white girl too) while you were waiting for your turn to be let out to go back to your stupid ways. She kept a low profile, didn't cause any trouble, but did attract a little attention, mostly I think - criminals brains churnin a scheme to hang on to a celebrity, even one that didn't have anything left.

Been sober for 20 years - kinda strange thinking back that far, to those days. It could have been me that OD'd in a motor home and no one would have given me a second thought...
    Glad to hear that! You overcame it.

God, it seems like a whole different lifetime...

Back in those days there were so many things I saw and did that could have ended my life - she was lucky that she didn't get shot during her armed robbery, or another addict taking her life for the drugs she had in hand, or a thousand other seriously fucked up things, that you would never imagine seeing in a life not touched by drugs. High people do some really shitty things that no one else would ever think of doing. You definitely lose a portion of the right or wrong filter...

Quote Originally Posted by Follower View Post
    Two observations- Johnny Whitaker may have something to do with all this drug-fueled premature female death. Dana's Wikipedia entry says he was Dana's manager, and of course he starred with Anissa Jones on "Family Affair". Also when she was young and quite attractive Dana looked like a younger Gillian Anderson, which is quite confusing as she's several years older than Anderson and never lived long enough to look like anyone's Mom and now Gillian does, and I'm so confused and I need to lie down.
    Johnny Whitaker didn't get Anissa Jones or Dana hooked on drugs. I'm fairly certain he and Anissa didn't even hang out much after Family Affair was canceled because she left the business and he continued working and then became a missionary. He got into drugs after his divorce in the late 80s years after her death. I'm also fairly certain that he said on one those documentary shows about Dana that he tried to get her off drugs but she lied about using. By that time he was clean and knew she was lying but he couldn't do much.

Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    It seems like I remember seeing some death pics of her in the RV... Am I dreaming that or have other people seen it too? If so - please share.... I'll be your best friend!!!
    Pretty sure there were no death pics but I remember seeing some pics of the inside of the RV after Dana's death. The fiance did try to sell her death pics because The Enquirer got them from some promoter who was selling a CD called "Dana Plato's Last Breath" with photos of her unconscious and a recording of him (the promoter) talking to Dana's fiancee. The recording supposedly had Dana in the background gasping for breath while the fiancee did nothing. The Enquirer gave the CD to the cops but I swear they (or some similar rag) ran the photos of the crappy RV she died in. So I guess there's a chance the real death photo is out there but I doubt it will ever turn up because the family threatened legal action, etc.

You know, it just dawned on me - Dana had some asshat who supposedly loved her sit back and watch her die and then tried to benefit from it financially. Gary Coleman actually married the asshat that supposedly loved him and then barely did anything when he busted his head opened and basically watched him die and then sold pictures of him on his death bed. Kinda makes me want to send an email to Todd Bridges, Charlotte Rae and Mary Jo Catlett and tell them not to get engaged or marry anyone because they'll likely sit back and watch them die and then expect to get paid.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

Since we had another EF-5 go through Moore shouldn't another use-to-be d lister od in a RV? Any suggestions?
    Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light......Dylan Thomas

I didn't mean to imply that. I'm sure he's a good guy. "Something to do with" is a mis-statement on my part (did I just learn English? No.) I should have said something like his presence with these two women was unusual. Maybe it's mystical. You know how sometimes people are coupled with other people for unknown reasons? Probably just coincidence. I bet he wonders about that himself.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Since we had another EF-5 go through Moore shouldn't another use-to-be d lister od in a RV? Any suggestions?
    Dustin Diamond? Molly Ringwald? MC Hammer?

How about Kayne West when he visits his Mother's grave?

Bingo!

Molly Ringwald just released an album of jazz standards and had her first novel published last year.
    Suck it.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Molly Ringwald just released an album of jazz standards and had her first novel published last year.
    and she's a hot ginger with a nice rack. She seems to be doing fine.

Well, if we're voting, definitely MC Hammer with Dustin Diamond a close second. Molly Ringwald is not in the running.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    I stand corrected. How about Debbie Gibson instead?

More tragedy for the family....looks like her son took his life almost 11 years to the day......http://radaronline.com/exclusives/20...mmits-suicide/
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.”
    Winston S. Churchill

For a second there I thought she had another son off himself.
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3gox5V3VL1rtfnc7o1_500.gif
    Abandon all hope.

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    For a second there I thought she had another son off himself.
    sorry bout that....must be the meds......nothing to see here
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.”
    Winston S. Churchill

I am really surprised that no death pics of Dana have ever surfaced.

And really sad about her son. I believe he passed in 2010. What makes it even sadder is that it seems like he tried to go on after his mother's death and just gave up after 11 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
    And really sad about her son. I believe he passed in 2010. What makes it even sadder is that it seems like he tried to go on after his mother's death and just gave up after 11 years.
    I know Dana's death was ruled a suicide, but I don't really think she intended to kill herself. Obviously her death had a horrible effect on her son and he never got past the loss.

And I can't even say "...And he had so much to live for!"

And I can't even say "...And he had so much to live for!"
    Yes, and that's really sad. It seemed like he didn't have much of anyone in his life and his paternal grandma who helped raise him said he never got over losing his Mom. I wonder what happened to the Winnebago that belonged to Dana and is where she died? Tyler had it at one time, but I have no idea what happened to it after Tyler died.

That thing looked beat to shit. It probably rusted apart. I wonder what he did with it when he had it.

Whoa! Hold up!

http://jalopnik.com/5914189/you-can-...ana-plato-died
    Last edited by Squishy; 12-09-2013 at 07:52 PM.

That thing looked beat to shit. It probably rusted apart. I wonder what he did with it when he had it.

Whoa! Hold up!

OMG, thanks for the link. Whoever owns that piece of shit would be better off selling it for scrap for whatever they can get out of it. That thing is depressing looking. Maybe she committed suicide after all if that's all she owned to her name.

See kiddies, and that's why drugs are bad! I took a trip to Wenatchee, Washington some time ago. I think there are more tweakers than evergreens in that town. Every house I visited had scanners next to the TV to listen to the police for entertainment , and to listen for family and friends getting busted. Every other house had an RV in the yard. Not to travel, but to let tweaked out kids or siblings live in there instead of letting them in the house. Sure made the task forces' job easy. Just look at the houses with the RV's and most of them were shitted up like that.

OMG, thanks for the link. Whoever owns that piece of shit would be better off selling it for scrap for whatever they can get out of it. That thing is depressing looking. Maybe she committed suicide after all if that's all she owned to her name.
    It belongs in the same place where Ted Bundy's VW resides. Is there a museum for death-serial killer related vehicles? I heard years ago someone toured with Ed Gein's car.

It belongs in the same place where Ted Bundy's VW resides. Is there a museum for death-serial killer related vehicles? I heard years ago someone toured with Ed Gein's car.
    I just saw mention of that on Mysteries at the Museum like last week - http://www.crimemuseum.org/Ted_Bundy_Car

And here's the story on Ed Gein's car - http://www.sideshowworld.com/a/at/atsedgein.html
    Last edited by Subject_B; 12-09-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Awesome. Yet another cultural contribution from my city of residence. SMH
    Never underestimate the power of the Google

I am really surprised that no death pics of Dana have ever surfaced.
    Me too.

Whoa! Hold up!

Wow! Thanks. What a piece o' shit tho, lol.

"Yeah, right. You just don't want to admit you take it up the tailpipe. LOL" - Mammy

Somehow, I just don't see Dana's Winnebago being a big tourist attraction. It would probably rank right up there with Big Bopper's crusty old casket.

Somehow, I just don't see Dana's Winnebago being a big tourist attraction. It would probably rank right up there with Big Bopper's crusty old casket.
    I wonder what happened to his original casket. I know it was for sale on eBay at one time.

Sad news about her son. He must have been really close to his mom.

"Yeah, right. You just don't want to admit you take it up the tailpipe. LOL" - Mammy

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    I wonder what happened to his original casket. I know it was for sale on eBay at one time.

Sad news about her son. He must have been really close to his mom.
    After it didn't sell on Ebay, his son allowed it to be displayed at the Texas Musician's Museum. I'm assuming it is still there.

I don't think Tyler was really close to his Mom, but I think he longed to be. After his Dad and Dana divorced, his Dad was awarded sole custody of Tyler, but I think his paternal grandma is the person who mostly raised him. I always got the impression that Dana kinda came in and out of his life since she had drug problems and wasn't particularly stable and he had a hard time dealing with that and wanted to be more a part of her life. After she died and he knew there was no chance of ever having a close relationship with her, he started experimenting with drugs and alcohol and became withdrawn and battled depression. He told people in the days leading up to his suicide that he just wanted to be with his Mom. He was only 14 when she died.

After it didn't sell on Ebay, his son allowed it to be displayed at the Texas Musician's Museum. I'm assuming it is still there.

I don't think Tyler was really close to his Mom, but I think he longed to be. After his Dad and Dana divorced, his Dad was awarded sole custody of Tyler, but I think his paternal grandma is the person who mostly raised him. I always got the impression that Dana kinda came in and out of his life since she had drug problems and wasn't particularly stable and he had a hard time dealing with that and wanted to be more a part of her life. After she died and he knew there was no chance of ever having a close relationship with her, he started experimenting with drugs and alcohol and became withdrawn and battled depression. He told people in the days leading up to his suicide that he just wanted to be with his Mom. He was only 14 when she died.
    Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that.