Thread: Polly Platt

Polly Platt

The noted producer and production designer, Polly Platt, has died of ALS at the age of 72.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/29/mo...at-72.html?hpw

She was know for her collaborations with James L Brooks and Peter Bogdanovich, to whom she was married from 1962 to 1971.

VCNJ~

The best things about Bogdanovich's first film, Targets, besides Boris Karloff's performance, were Laszlo Kovacs' beautiful photography and Polly Platt's great sets. They made the film look a lot more expensive that it actually was.

She was also partly responsible for the Simpsons I believe. Didn't she bring them to Tracey Ullman's attention or something?
    “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.”

How far would you drive to rock in another man's grave?- Love/Hate, Happy Hour

Another one due to ALS. RIP...my Mom also had that dreadful disease.

same Peter Bogdanovich out lived her

Loved her work on the Last Picture Show, the sets and look of the film brought the book to life. And when you consider her and Director Peter Bogdanovich's marriage was falling apart and he was having an affair with one of the films stars (Cybil Shepherd) at the time it really shows what a great work ethic she had.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Loved her work on the Last Picture Show, the sets and look of the film brought the book to life. And when you consider her and Director Peter Bogdanovich's marriage was falling apart and he was having an affair with one of the films stars (Cybil Shepherd) at the time it really shows what a great work ethic she had.
    Then to have her hubby run off w/ Cybil what a shame I detest PB

As a Dorothy Stratten fan just hope
    she will rest in peace.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.