Thread: Cornelius 'Corny' Cole III

Cornelius 'Corny' Cole III

I haven't posted here in a while, but this man deserves some recognition. My Uncle Corny, died August 8th, 2011. He was an award winning, legendary animator. He has worked with every animation studio you can think of, as well as having a long career teaching at CalArts. He taught people like Tim Burton and Glen Keane. He even worked with Judy Garland on her film "Gay Pur-ee". He was funny, loving and I am proud to be his niece.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/animators...1930-2011.html
    "Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."
    - The Dark Knight

RIP and sorry for the loss of your uncle. Sounds like he was very talented, that was quite a resume! I was sad to read about the fire he had too, that must have been devastating.

He also worked on my favorite animated Christmas cartoon, "Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol."

RIP Mr. Cole.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ludigan; 08-09-2011 at 08:08 AM.

Sorry for your loss. I have enjoyed his work. RIP Mr. Cole.
    "Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff"

Some fun facts about my Uncle Corny:

One of his first animation jobs was working on 'Lady and the Tramp'.

He met Walt Disney twice. Once he stepped on his foot, and the next time they met, Corny opened a door in his face!

He was a champion surfer.

He spent time working on the Looney Tunes with Chuck Jones. During an argument with Chuck, Uncle Corny told him to take Daffy Duck and shove him up his asshole!

He was friends with Roman Polanski and Sharon Tate. Sharon used to sunbath in my uncle's backyard. She was murdered while he was in London. After she was killed, he was so upset it was common knowledge never to bring it up in front of him.
    Last edited by Ms. Black; 08-18-2011 at 01:49 AM.
    "Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."
    - The Dark Knight

sounds like a talented and wonderful man
    RIP Heath Ledger 1979-2008

Wow, he sounds like a man who had thousands of stories to tell.....
    you were truly blessed to have him in your life...

my thoughts are with you & yours
    Godspeed "Uncle Corny"
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like he was a great man.

reply to Corny's niece

Thanks for posting this. It actually came up with some research I am doing on your uncle for an article I am writing for AnimationCareerReview.com. It will be entitled the Top 100 Most Influential People in Animation and your uncle will be featured.Look for it in a week...ok maybe 2 weeks...its a big endeavour!

Quote Originally Posted by robinwilding View Post
    Thanks for posting this. It actually came up with some research I am doing on your uncle for an article I am writing for AnimationCareerReview.com. It will be entitled the Top 100 Most Influential People in Animation and your uncle will be featured.Look for it in a week...ok maybe 2 weeks...its a big endeavour!
    Oh wow! That is so cool. Thank you so much! I will definitly look for it and forward it to my aunt.
    - The Dark Knight

What a great story about your Uncle. I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounds like a guy who would make a great Uncle. And working with the Big name people it must have been amazing and I'm sure he had to be great to work with Disney and Chuck Jones. May he RIP, know that he made alot of kids escape and enjoy something like a great cartoon.
    "A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin